Miami has reinvented itself 4 times in the last 15 years
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  8:59 PM
While we havent done it right once.

Is it luck or is it management skill?

The Spurs have been good for 20+ years--is it luck or management skill? They have lost David Robinson Tim Duncan and their still good?

The Patriots have a great QB--but a QB alone cannot make you that good--is it continual luck or management skills?

Even the Yankees--they used to have a business model of spend to win bt they also drafted great players and I think theyve done it again--luck or management skills?

In sports the only luck is when a lottery ball hits #1 every 7-10 years that a special player comes out--thats about as much luck as it is. The truth is management skills mean everything. Someone trying to tell you luck has anything to do with it is simply wrong or making excuses.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2017  6:58 AM
Heat were willing to suck to get picks. Willing to suck and let contracts expire to get cap space. Knicks were resistant to that concept thus unable to build properly. Heat willing to also take risks.
They have been run by one man and only two coaches. They built a culture as well an stuck to it.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2017  7:56 AM
They have good basketball guys over there. Riley is the figure head. He just knows how to put a team together. Take it back to the Lakers... Take it back to the Knicks. He's the man
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/24/2017  8:03 AM
Nalod wrote:Heat were willing to suck to get picks. Willing to suck and let contracts expire to get cap space. Knicks were resistant to that concept thus unable to build properly. Heat willing to also take risks.
They have been run by one man and only two coaches. They built a culture as well an stuck to it.

Yep, What really hurts the Knicks is the fact they traded picks the years around Porzingis. Had they had those draft picks they would be much more further along. It was one of the reasons I thought trading Porzingis wasn't a bad idea. The best way to build through the draft is to get multiple picks in a short time span. If you can get 5 lottery picks in a span of 3 years you can get a core before you have to pay anyone. Keep your payroll flexible and if the young guys elevate their game you are a prime spot for FA's, you then use bird rights to go over the cap. I think Philly had it right and now can start to be more aggressive with a very solid core together.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2017  9:13 AM
To comment on our Knicks.... we've always been media driven. We let the media tell us what to do. Ewing was alone but every time we got anybody decent "is there enough balls to go around?".... after Ewing we were in the hunt for a the next messiah/savior. The big draw, name on the marque. Never about basketball.

With Mills in his natural element and a true basketball guy in Perry in charge, we just have to wait and see. So far so good. We have a good opportunity here to build something long lasting.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/24/2017  9:43 AM
EnySpree wrote:To comment on our Knicks.... we've always been media driven. We let the media tell us what to do. Ewing was alone but every time we got anybody decent "is there enough balls to go around?".... after Ewing we were in the hunt for a the next messiah/savior. The big draw, name on the marque. Never about basketball.

With Mills in his natural element and a true basketball guy in Perry in charge, we just have to wait and see. So far so good. We have a good opportunity here to build something long lasting.

I agree about Perry. I think maybe we have a shot of being decent. I'm ok with decent, as long as we avoid bad and awful!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2017  10:10 AM
RIley had nothing to do with the construction of Lakers. He was an assistant coach and was a radio announcer when he got the job. Don't get me wrong, he did a very good job but they had already won a chip with Westhead.

With the knicks he did a great job COACHING and bring along feral Starks and Mase.
The coach/GM-President thing was happening and guys like Pitino and Pop got big money. Riles wanted to that. IN retrospect we should have given it to him.
He got equity in the Heat which is something Knicks owned by cablevision could not provide and at the time it marries you to that guy. Remember, Riles had success with Lakers as coach, and with knicks as coach only. I understand why we didn't man up at that moment the decision was made and only time has proven that to have been a mistake.

But, Riley understood the ebb and flow to rebuild a franchise and an owner that was willing to do that. Dolan in his infinite stupidity never got it. Aronson also didn't own a cable company and the channel the knicks were broadcast on. THe team was succeeding. Actually if we left Nelson in place and knicks trusted Grunfeld to evolve the team history might have been quite different.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/24/2017  11:41 AM
The Magic had a good run reloading as well From Penny and Shaq on. But too many stars were snakebit by injuries, and they didn't have Riley to keep it all together.
Miami has reinvented itself 4 times in the last 15 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy