[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trading Willy
Author Thread
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/22/2017  8:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  8:13 PM
If we were to move Willy... what would be an acceptable trade?

What about Willy for Terry Rozier?

You know why I'm here....
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/22/2017  8:11 PM
I can’t see Ainge doing it. He LOVES that kid.
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/22/2017  8:15 PM
nixluva wrote:I can’t see Ainge doing it. He LOVES that kid.

Something has got to give though. Kanter is giving his best right now to show what he can do. We could trade him as well.

Boston needs a center... they currently have Kyrie Irving and Smart. Getting Willy would be a good look for them

You know why I'm here....
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23947
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

10/22/2017  8:22 PM
No to trading Willy. I would do Kanter for Smart, they can keep Rozier(he is death eater )
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/22/2017  10:14 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:No to trading Willy. I would do Kanter for Smart, they can keep Rozier(he is death eater )

Kanter makes over 4 times as much as Smart....

You know why I'm here....
Knixkik
Posts: 28458
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
10/22/2017  11:04 PM
Can't trade him. We are trying to build a future. He is our long term 6th man. O'quinn will be traded.
NYKBocker
Posts: 35368
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
10/22/2017  11:12 PM
No thank you. I am hoping they are just showcasing kanter and koq
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/23/2017  6:28 AM
Knixkik wrote:Can't trade him. We are trying to build a future. He is our long term 6th man. O'quinn will be traded.

did you say long term 6th man?

You know why I'm here....
mlby1215
Posts: 20245
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/16/2017
Member: #6486

10/23/2017  6:41 AM
LOL

Seriously, I think he is better than 6th man but the men in front of him are doing well too. Hopefully, Willy can have a chance to prove he has what it takes to be a starting center.

EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Can't trade him. We are trying to build a future. He is our long term 6th man. O'quinn will be traded.

did you say long term 6th man?

EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/23/2017  6:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  6:47 AM
The second part of the idea of trading Willy is the fact we won't be able too trade Kanter that easily. It's more about his salary. Teams just aren't looking for a center. Atlanta, maybe dallas,... you can run down the line. Most teams have an adequate center. It's also so much easier to move Willy. He's projected to be productive if given starters minutes. He's on a rookie contract.

I bring up Rozier because he's ready to start now. Celtics need a center. Hortford, Tatum, Willy, Kyrie and Brown is a pretty nice nucleus ....

You know why I'm here....
StarksEwing1
Posts: 29895
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

10/23/2017  8:11 AM
No reason to trade him right now at least. Right now his trade value isn't that high as it could be because he is being stapled to the bench(which is obviously am upset about)
Nalod
Posts: 54072
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2017  9:17 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:No reason to trade him right now at least. Right now his trade value isn't that high as it could be because he is being stapled to the bench(which is obviously am upset about)

You mean every team with advanced scouting and video does not realize he is a defensive liability?
So its the coach that is keeping him down, or helping him earn is way back on the floor?

Anger sells, don't buy!
franco12
Posts: 29856
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
10/23/2017  9:48 AM
I trade Kanter & KOQ before Willy. I think both have value. I think the FO may have outright told Jeff to showcase them & say they earned time over Willy.
MS
Posts: 25866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/28/2004
Member: #724
10/23/2017  10:02 AM
No chance, big men usually take years to show progress.

Look at his production last year when he got minutes. They are better than Kanter far and away and the kid has an unbelievable feel for the game. He’s also a tremendous passer!

You don’t trade away talent like that

GustavBahler
Posts: 32931
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/23/2017  10:09 AM
MS wrote:No chance, big men usually take years to show progress.

Look at his production last year when he got minutes. They are better than Kanter far and away and the kid has an unbelievable feel for the game. He’s also a tremendous passer!

You don’t trade away talent like that

If Willy goes through another season without any measurable improvement in his defense, I wouldnt be against the Knicks exploring other options. Want to see two way players at every starting postion, if possible.

If Willy is coming off the bench, getting meaningful minutes there, thats another matter. Dont let him start until he plays solid D. Or find someone to do what Lopez did.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49442
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
10/23/2017  10:29 AM
No we need to calm down.
I kind of dont get this organization.(ongoing)
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?
Cartman718
Posts: 24762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

10/23/2017  10:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:No we need to calm down.
I kind of dont get this organization.(ongoing)
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?

+1 million. Time to satisfy egos and justify contract $$ is gone. That's what we did somewhat with Melo. New culture needs some drastic changes.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/23/2017  10:33 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:No reason to trade him right now at least. Right now his trade value isn't that high as it could be because he is being stapled to the bench(which is obviously am upset about)

I actually think his value is as high as its ever gonna be. Everyone sees his per 36 min stats. They see him in Eurobasketball. They know he's KPs boy. Right now he can get us Rozier who's a fantastic up and coming player himself. If Willy was playing now, I think his value would drop. Kid is the Frankenstein monster. Looks coordinated and good often but clumsy and stiff too.

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/23/2017  10:37 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:No we need to calm down.
I kind of dont get this organization.(ongoing)
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?

+1 million. Time to satisfy egos and justify contract $$ is gone. That's what we did somewhat with Melo. New culture needs some drastic changes.

Sounds good but the team has to get better. Our point guards suck. We have 4 servicable centers right now. We gotta move someone.... if we trade Willy for Rozier, Rozier would start for us right away and make us a better team. It's about team guys... Gotta put your personal affection for certain players aside. It's all aboot the Knicks, not one player. That's what we did with Melo too. We gotta stop that nonsense

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

10/23/2017  10:42 AM
mlby1215 wrote:LOL

Seriously, I think he is better than 6th man but the men in front of him are doing well too. Hopefully, Willy can have a chance to prove he has what it takes to be a starting center.

EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Can't trade him. We are trying to build a future. He is our long term 6th man. O'quinn will be traded.

did you say long term 6th man?

Think is how can we worry about a 6th man when we don't have a legit small fwd or a point guard? We had be 4 servicable centers. 4 guys that could start if we needed them to. We can't say that at point guard or small forward.... We need to move someone to improve in other areas.

You know why I'm here....
Trading Willy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.