[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Eric Bledsoe wants out
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/23/2017  3:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Would rather not trade a logjam at center, for a logjam at guard. I guess we're going to find out how serious Perry is about thinking long term.

A log jam at guard??

what team are you talking about, we don't have a true pg on the roster period.

whats the long term plan, to walk around with rabbit feet and horse shoes stick up our asses and prey for a miracle on draft night..

Check yourself. You're the one who always has a stick up his ass about something around here.

Bledsoe isnt a true PG either. Too many injuries. He's going to want to get paid when he's pushing 30. Dont want the Knicks falling into that trap again. He was shut down last season after having knee issues. Pass.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/23/2017  3:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Would rather not trade a logjam at center, for a logjam at guard. I guess we're going to find out how serious Perry is about thinking long term.

A log jam at guard??

whats the long term plan, to walk around with rabbit feet and horse shoes stick up our asses and prey for a miracle on draft night..

Check yourself. You're the one who always has a stick up his ass about something around here.

Bledsoe isnt a true PG either. Too many injuries. He's going to want to get paid when he's pushing 30. Dont want the Knicks falling into that trap again. He was shut down last season after having knee issues. Pass.

3-4 sticks for 1248... minimum.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  3:41 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Oh boy. It's always been scary with our past GM's every time we hear they're interested in any bigger name player but we don't know much about S.Perry yet. I think i'll keep being scared until i see something from him that doesn't make me scared.

I tend to agree. All of a sudden Willy G and picks will be gone. Ill take Bledsoe for C Lee--nothing more--if they dont want that--oh well.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/23/2017  3:41 PM
TLover wrote:The guy from the Suns that we should trade for is TJ Warren. All around good player, good contract, only 24 and fills our need at small forward.
It sounds like Chriss is unhappy since he lost his starting position. I hope the Knicks check in on his availability if they are looking to make a trade with tthe suns.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/23/2017  3:46 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/23/2017  3:49 PM
Hell nah. He isn't worth that much not by a freaking long shot.
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
10/23/2017  3:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Ill counter with C Lee and Isiah Hicks

RIP Crushalot😞
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/23/2017  3:51 PM
Bledsoe (when healthy) is an unbelievable player. Tenacious on both ends of the floor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/10/23/what-can-phoenix-suns-get-in-return-for-eric-bledsoe-top-offers-on-nba-2k18/#7e30aa083647

Forbes seems to think a deal centered around Bledsoe and Kanter would be great.

Here's a piece of Bledsoe from this spring. Some takeaways: he's a defensive beast (when he wants to be), and for the next 2 seasons, he's an affordable $15 million per year. That bit is almost where all the real value comes in.
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017/3/31/14775738/phoenix-suns-eric-bledsoe-should-he-be-the-pg-of-the-present-and-future

So yeah, if we can swing something crazy, package the Lee & Willy/Kanter, even if it means getting Tyson Chandler back, as long as we don't hand off 1st round picks we'll probably do better.

Bledsoe and Ntilikina in the backcourt together would be a beastly pairing from a defensive standpoint, and Bledsoe (when his knee isn't aching) is among the very top elite athletes in the NBA.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BRIGGS
10/23/2017  3:57 PM
technomaster wrote:Bledsoe (when healthy) is an unbelievable player. Tenacious on both ends of the floor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/10/23/what-can-phoenix-suns-get-in-return-for-eric-bledsoe-top-offers-on-nba-2k18/#7e30aa083647

Forbes seems to think a deal centered around Bledsoe and Kanter would be great.

Here's a piece of Bledsoe from this spring. Some takeaways: he's a defensive beast (when he wants to be), and for the next 2 seasons, he's an affordable $15 million per year. That bit is almost where all the real value comes in.
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017/3/31/14775738/phoenix-suns-eric-bledsoe-should-he-be-the-pg-of-the-present-and-future

So yeah, if we can swing something crazy, package the Lee & Willy/Kanter, even if it means getting Tyson Chandler back, as long as we don't hand off 1st round picks we'll probably do better.

Bledsoe and Ntilikina in the backcourt together would be a beastly pairing from a defensive standpoint, and Bledsoe (when his knee isn't aching) is among the very top elite athletes in the NBA.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

If we had Melo----maybe we could look into this--exactly what purpose does it serve now? I even said for the Knicks to look at Bledsoe in the off season(but on the idea that we were keeping Melo). Are we in a race to get to 34 wins? Ive gone back and forth in my own mind how many games well win---we have an advantage on many teams upfront--but our guards are 31 in this league. I think we need devlopment right now more so than taking another's dump off--and paying top $

RIP Crushalot😞
technomaster
USA
10/23/2017  3:59 PM
I did want to add that Bledsoe has suffered meniscus injuries in BOTH knees. I haven't dug too deep, but I think in the first surgery they clipped off the damaged tissue; not sure if the 2nd time they chose to repair it.

So... this is a guy who's a bit of an arthritis risk as he approaches his 30s.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/23/2017  4:05 PM
Here we go again

Big name player - Check
Injury prone - Check
Fills a "perceived" need(based on two games) - Check
Will need a young player in trade that should be part of the core - Check
They'll hold out and demand a fitst round pick -Check

Why does this sound familiar...

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/23/2017  4:08 PM
I don't understand... what kind of player do you guys want? I mentioned Rozier and he's not good with either.

I understand we want to keep our draft picks high, but when do we get better. Right now we are in trouble as far as point guards. We have 4 of them and they all suck. We're looking at trading Courtney Lee and Willy with a second round pick. That's not even the best trade out there.... but to knick fans that's unacceptable? If he's traded to Cleveland they would be a sure lock to reach the finals again. The bucks, Denver? He makes them legit playoff teams. I dunno what's wrong with you guys

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/23/2017  4:16 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Here we go again

Big name player - Check
Injury prone - Check
Fills a "perceived" need(based on two games) - Check
Will need a young player in trade that should be part of the core - Check
They'll hold out and demand a fitst round pick -Check

Why does this sound familiar...

Fixations will do that.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/23/2017  4:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  4:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:I don't understand... what kind of player do you guys want? I mentioned Rozier and he's not good with either.

I understand we want to keep our draft picks high, but when do we get better.

After they use their high draft picks, of course.

Right now we are in trouble as far as point guards. We have 4 of them and they all suck.

That's kind of the idea. High draft picks, remember?

If he's traded to Cleveland they would be a sure lock to reach the finals again. The bucks, Denver? He makes them legit playoff teams. I dunno what's wrong with you guys

The Knicks aren't as good as Cleveland, Denver or Milwaukee.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/23/2017  4:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  4:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Kanter for Bledsoe makes sense for both teams IMO when Kanter is able to be traded.

Though a contender can probably offer something for Bledsoe that will spark Suns interest.

No chance in hell the Suns do that. Any deal would involve Frank why I do it in a second Bledsoe would give us to many wins and I want a shot at Porter

Bledsoe doesn't have much value truthfully. He gets injured all the time. And he isn't a needle mover. He is an instant offense off the bench on a playoff team.

off the bench? I don't think so, the guy would put up 20 and 6 here no problem

He'd be best suited as bench player on a playoff team. He can't play starter minutes anymore w/o getting banged up. I don't know if ever could play starter minutes for a season. His best role is as bull dog scorer and defender. He could put up big numbers here, but we would still suck and hinder the rebuild. We're not a player or two away from being good.

Since he has upped his mins into the 30s. He has played 43, 81, 32, 66 games over the last 4 yrs. If he isn't able to stay healthy in NY we would have given up assets for him. Then either saw him walk when he is a FA to a contender. Or have to pay him ridiculous amounts of money while he exits his prime. We aren't winning anything over the next 2 yes with him either unless something drastic happens.

On a side note. I watch Porter vs Begley highlight and Porter looked kind of slow and stiff to me. Like he is going to have to play PF in the NBA and will have a major problem with speed on the wing. Begley ate him up on the inside with pure hustle and agility.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
technomaster
USA
10/23/2017  4:35 PM
I think the quandary is that does KP have enough firepower around him to continue to develop? We sure look like we have the worst backcourt in the NBA at this point - are they good enough to not impede his development?

Thinking back to Dirk Nowitzki, he had some nice parts around him for his developmental years - Nash & Finley. The Knicks don't have anything close to that.

Here's Dirk's year 3 team:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2001.html
It also included the likes of Shawn Bradley, Christian Laettner, Juwan Howard, Ed Najera

Dirk was 22, Nash was ~26, Finley was ~27.

@Briggs, it's kind of interesting if you consider the timelines. Nash and Finley didn't stick around long enough to win a title with Dirk, yet they stick in my memory as the big 3. Of course, Dirk didn't win it all until age 32, albeit with a cast of seemingly mismatched parts all built around maximizing Nowitzki's talent.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2011.html

So I guess we need to think of it this way - simply, we need to sport a team/roster where KP can feel like they're moving in the right direction, that doesn't stunt his growth. I think this season is fine - he's growing into being the #1 option. Supposing he passes this with flying colors, by next year, he'll need to take another step and be more about his teammates.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/23/2017  4:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  4:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Kanter for Bledsoe makes sense for both teams IMO when Kanter is able to be traded.

Though a contender can probably offer something for Bledsoe that will spark Suns interest.

No chance in hell the Suns do that. Any deal would involve Frank why I do it in a second Bledsoe would give us to many wins and I want a shot at Porter

Bledsoe doesn't have much value truthfully. He gets injured all the time. And he isn't a needle mover. He is an instant offense off the bench on a playoff team.

He'd be best suited as bench player on a playoff team. He can't play starter minutes anymore w/o getting banged up. I don't know if ever could play starter minutes for a season. His best role is as bull dog scorer and defender. He could put up big numbers here, but we would still suck and hinder the rebuild. We're not a player or two away from being good.

Since he has upped his mins into the 30s. He has played 43, 81, 32, 66 games over the last 4 yrs. If he isn't able to stay healthy in NY we would have given up assets for him. Then either saw him walk when he is a FA to a contender. Or have to pay him ridiculous amounts of money while he exits his prime. We aren't winning anything over the next 2 yes with him either unless something drastic happens.

On a side note. I watch Porter vs Begley highlight and Porter looked kind of slow and stiff to me. Like he is going to have to play PF in the NBA and will have a major problem with speed on the wing. Begley ate him up on the inside with pure hustle and agility.

I thought Bagley was the better prospect coming in, but that Porter is the better fit. I think Doncic is what we really, but some mocka have him going 1 overall. Miles bridges would also address a lot of weaknesses on the roster. Still early tho. Who knows what names spring up by March.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/23/2017  5:03 PM
Bledsoe for Noah and frank?
The Future is Bright!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/23/2017  5:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  5:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I thought Bagley was the better prospect coming in, but that Porter is the better fit. I think Doncic is what we really, but some mocka have him going 1 overall. Miles bridges would also address a lot of weaknesses on the roster. Still early tho. Who knows what names spring up by March.

The more I see of Doncic the more I'm sold on him for this team. Think him and Frank would be a real nice duo together in the backcourt.

Wouldn't be mad with Begley though he is more of a PF. And KP would have to settle in at C.

Hoping Bonga is there for us with that 2nd Rd Bulls pick.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/23/2017  5:19 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

A log jam at guard??

I wouldn't include frank, but willy is a dime a dozen (as you can see from the kanter deal) ...him and 2022 1st rnd pick..bye..

ES
Eric Bledsoe wants out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy