[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Was very dumb that we didn't get: Ricky Rubio for D. Rose
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
10/22/2017  4:31 PM
We let Rose walk for nothing, and Ricky is playing well for the Jazz. He'd be playing well here too with KP.

We need a starting level PG that can compete now

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2017  9:21 AM
You know for sure it was us that walked away from that trade?
Rubio on a balanced deep UTAH team. We get him and his contract we have a void at the 2.
Not saying that THjr is Answer this week, but Rubio can’t shoot well and we’d be complaining about that if we did trade for him.
But tell me we walked away from that trade, for sure?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/23/2017  9:46 AM
Nalod wrote:You know for sure it was us that walked away from that trade?
Rubio on a balanced deep UTAH team. We get him and his contract we have a void at the 2.
Not saying that THjr is Answer this week, but Rubio can't shoot well and we'd be complaining about that if we did trade for him.

I don't think we can know for sure, but I thought that was pretty much what went down - Phil probably didn't like Rubio as a PG.

We would absolutely be better with Rubio & Dotson as our starting backcourt vs. the garbage we have now- and not calling THjr garbage, but his deal is a bit rich for what I would like.

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/23/2017  10:02 AM
franco12 wrote:
Not saying that THjr is Answer this week, but Rubio can't shoot well and we'd be complaining about that if we did trade for him.

I don't think we can know for sure, but I thought that was pretty much what went down - Phil probably didn't like Rubio as a PG.

We would absolutely be better with Rubio & Dotson as our starting backcourt vs. the garbage we have now- and not calling THjr garbage, but his deal is a bit rich for what I would like.

ThJr is garbage

MS
Member: #724
10/23/2017  10:05 AM
We still have a void at shooting guard and we have no point guard.

Would have been the better move. A one year rental that actually gets people the ball. Which is important to build trade value.

Frank is nothing at the moment. I don’t want to heR scouting reports until the kid actually does something encouraging.

The Knicks more than anytime need smart strategic moves because no one wants to play here.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/23/2017  10:18 AM
Rubio always seems to be hurt. Wouldnt want the Knicks to give him a long term deal. If Frank is better suited as a wing, or looks like it will be slow going. Id rather the Knicks look to draft another PG next summer, than commit to a vet long term who has trouble staying healthy.

On the court, Im sure Rubio would have given the Knicks plenty of highlights though. Would have been a good floor general.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/23/2017  10:45 AM
Caseloads wrote:
franco12 wrote:

ThJr is garbage

now that inspires discussion
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

10/23/2017  10:47 AM
according to old nrws stuff Minnesota said no . so that's actually kinda wrong
here's one of them.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2694692-derrick-rose-for-ricky-rubio-knicks-trade-reportedly-rejected-by-timberwolves
Was very dumb that we didn't get: Ricky Rubio for D. Rose

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy