Member: #5748

10/22/2017  4:36 PM
Hardaway isn't bringing toughness?
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/22/2017  5:45 PM
Caseloads wrote:He went to the magic for cheap. Has the toughness this team needs

Yeah, but isn't he like 28. The Knicks have an age limit that they can only throw money at guys 25 and under, unless it's a point guard. Then the get limit gets moved to 30.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/22/2017  5:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Caseloads wrote:He went to the magic for cheap. Has the toughness this team needs

Yeah, but isn't he like 28. The Knicks have an age limit that they can only throw money at guys 25 and under, unless it's a point guard. Then the get limit gets moved to 30.

The older PG’s are making NOTHING. Also the reason they’re here isn’t to KEEP the starting job but to help the younger PG’s and not stand in the way of the young PG’s assuming the top of the rotation. Sessions is a placeholder.

BigDaddyG

10/22/2017  6:48 PM
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The older PG’s are making NOTHING. Also the reason they’re here isn’t to KEEP the starting job but to help the younger PG’s and not stand in the way of the young PG’s assuming the top of the rotation. Sessions is a placeholder.

My point is that this 25 and under age limit is arbitrary and signings need to be made on a case by case basis.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/22/2017  9:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

and they only want 2 way players unless its anyone they sign or trade for.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
MS
Member: #724
10/22/2017  9:39 PM
I’m so sick of this time line.

How about we don’t ****ing win meaningless games and sabotage our draft position? How about we bring on guys that makes sense? Because Hardaway is 25 he makes sense at 12MM more a season?

Nope! He was a layup signing.

Noah made a lot of sense. A guy that couldn’t move and was injured needed 72MM!

Thought the same thing. A guy that’s long, a winner and can play 2 positions and not kill the cap.

Not our style

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/23/2017  9:00 AM
MS wrote:I’m so sick of this time line.

How about we don’t ****ing win meaningless games and sabotage our draft position?

Ever wonder why are we spending so much money to embrace the "Process"?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2017  9:15 AM
Everyone wants to tank, but not actually feel the sting of a loss
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/23/2017  10:04 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

My point is that this 25 and under age limit is arbitrary and signings need to be made on a case by case basis.

true. by the time knicks ready to compete, Jsimms would be gone anyway
someone needs to teach toughness while here
blkexec
Member: #748
10/24/2017  1:16 PM
Nalod wrote:Everyone wants to tank, but not actually feel the sting of a loss

I love one liners.....especially when they speak volumes. But try reversing your statement, and watch how the answer is also in your problem statement.

Knick fans don't want to feel the sting of a loss, which is why they really don't want to tank.

That's the culture of the knicks.....so when u look at it that way, it's not hard to understand why today's knick management left overs like Mills don't know how to tank and fans like myself don't know either.

When u tank u have to have some plan or long term strategy. So that when your house is built, your foundation (spurs organization) is solid.

But as u said....since we don't like to lose (eventhough it's going on 44 yrs for chip...or 15 yrs of revalency) we keep going back to same old problems. Trying to tank.....setting an age limit.....so they could grow together is a great strategy. You high IQ players. The problem is over paying someone like THJ....sends the wrong message of team ball and sacrificing.

Noah.......THJ.......Kanter How much are We paying these guys? And how does this investment compare to the top paid players on all nba teams? That's the fundamental problem that's yet to be solved....Thank God for Perry who seems like the perfect guy to change that culture.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
10/24/2017  1:55 PM
Did simmons want to be here? Did he want to be paid (nothing wrong with that) or be in a rebuilding situation on a team devoted to a youth movement?
BigDaddyG

10/24/2017  2:08 PM
Nalod wrote:Did simmons want to be here? Did he want to be paid (nothing wrong with that) or be in a rebuilding situation on a team devoted to a youth movement?

I'm pretty sure he wanted to be paid. Why else would he leave a stable a situation like San Antonio for Orlando? The real question is whether you'd prefer Simmons on a shorter, cheaper deal or THJ. I won't jump on THJ's performance this early in the season, but I've never been a fan of his signing.

Nalod
USA
10/24/2017  2:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Did simmons want to be here? Did he want to be paid (nothing wrong with that) or be in a rebuilding situation on a team devoted to a youth movement?

I'm pretty sure he wanted to be paid. Why else would he leave a stable a situation like San Antonio for Orlando? The real question is whether you'd prefer Simmons on a shorter, cheaper deal or THJ. I won't jump on THJ's performance this early in the season, but I've never been a fan of his signing.

I suppose then final judgement is lets see where Hardaway is at age 28?

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/24/2017  6:28 PM
MS wrote: He was a layup signing.

It would have probably taken a four year deal at a higher AAV to get him here. When you are in the Knicks situation, you have to overpay to market to get someone. He got a three year deal and he likely wanted stability, so on an even deal scenario, the Magic seem like a better bet for him overall.

Four years is a long time for a journeyman, albeit he's look good in the recent timeline. Interesting player, but the Knicks have to learn to hardline on years ( i.e. Noah should have never gotten more than 1 year deal and Lee should have been told Good Luck/See ya once he wanted more than 2 years )

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/27/2017  10:28 PM
total miss here. J Simms is killing it. Has the Magic at 4-1. He is the heart and motor of the team
We should have gotten: Johnathan Simmons

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy