[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why is KP guarding Melo/Harris when there were 2 non scorers Roberson/S-Johnson he could guard?
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/22/2017  2:23 PM
Don’t get the logic at all.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/22/2017  2:50 PM
No one on the Knicks was able to handle Harris. Not CLee, Beasley or McDermott!

LivingLegend

10/22/2017  3:39 PM
To quote Stan VanGundy post game.

We were trying to go at Porzingis.

He kills you at one end and for some reason they were playing him on Tobias. I don’t know why but they were so we kept going at him with the pick and roll.

KP should never have been on either Melo or Harris not when he could be 1) resting on lesser wing players, 2) be closer to the hoop to help with Drummond pick/roll action and 3 to help on the boards.

Makes zero sense — let one of our others players play the other teams best perimeter player.

LivingLegend

10/22/2017  3:43 PM
nixluva wrote:No one on the Knicks was able to handle Harris. Not CLee, Beasley or McDermott!

He got 19 with KP as primary defender — watch your own highlights.

nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  3:56 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:No one on the Knicks was able to handle Harris. Not CLee, Beasley or McDermott!

WTF! I said NO ONE cuz clearly even when KP wasn’t guarding him the others were ineffective as well. I wasn’t denying KP was guarding him. How the F did you miss the point? Of course I saw my own damned highlights video!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/22/2017  3:56 PM
Melo did nothing when KP guarded him
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/22/2017  4:17 PM
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer

The NBA's two-minute report states that Andre Drummond fouled Kristaps Porzingis before blocking his shot with 39 seconds to play last night and the Knicks down three. Officials didn't rule the play a foul, which the report states as an incorrect no-call because Drummond grabbed Porzingis arm. Porzingis should have been given two free throws. He said afterward that he felt he was fouled on the play. Had he made them, the Knicks would have trailed by one with 39 seconds to go in a game they once led by 21. The report also states that Tim Hardaway Jr. committed a defensive three seconds with 1:10 to play that was not called.

LivingLegend

10/22/2017  4:45 PM
nixluva wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

WTF! I said NO ONE cuz clearly even when KP wasn’t guarding him the others were ineffective as well. I wasn’t denying KP was guarding him. How the F did you miss the point? Of course I saw my own damned highlights video!

Easy tough guy....you missed my point.

KP should never have been on Melo/Harris - don’t give a crap about what Harris did with other defenders.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/22/2017  4:57 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

KP should never have been on Melo/Harris - don’t give a crap about what Harris did with other defenders.

Not quite sure this makes sense..If Melo shouldn't have been on Melo/Harris(KP defended Melo pretty well for the most part) then that implies one of the "other defenders" should have been on him
The Future is Bright!
reub
Member: #6227

10/22/2017  5:08 PM
We deserved to lose because we got pushed around in the second half.
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  5:34 PM
TPercy wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Not quite sure this makes sense..If Melo shouldn't have been on Melo/Harris(KP defended Melo pretty well for the most part) then that implies one of the "other defenders" should have been on him

Unfortunately the Knicks didn’t have a guy like Tolliver to put on Harris! Everyone else they tried had trouble. LT was supposed to be the 3-D guy but he hasn’t been effective and got a DNP last night!

The KP dilemma is that we need his rim protection but don’t want him banging with heavier guys. The Stretch 4 or Mobile 4 is going to be a problem unless we can find a quality defensive forward to play Small with KP at C.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/23/2017  6:54 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Don’t get the logic at all.

Yeah why didn't they put that 6'9" SF with the 7'3" wingspan on them , oh wait we don't have that guy

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Why is KP guarding Melo/Harris when there were 2 non scorers Roberson/S-Johnson he could guard?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy