[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Bigs Must Get Physical
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/22/2017  1:04 PM
One big problem I see is that the Knicks Bigs don’t seek out contact with the opposing Bigs. This is something RoLo was EXCELLENT at doing. Just being aware of a dangerous Big like Drummond and blocking him out as much as possible would make a HUGE difference.

Also PnR D by our Bigs simply MUST improve. You have to know that they want to get the ball to the Rolling Big and just making some kind of body contact to disrupt the roll a little would mess up
The timing.

Too often there isn’t even a hand up! No Charles Oakley hand to hand combat when the ball goes up! The Knicks make it easy to get Offensive Rebounds. IMO there needs to be much more contact to disrupt the opposing Bigs from getting clean rebounds or Alley Oops at the basket.

Look at the lack of recognition and reaction to PnR and also the lack of boxing out on Drummond.

AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

10/22/2017  1:51 PM
I agree. We got pushed around in the 2nd half last night.
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  2:00 PM
reub wrote:I agree. We got pushed around in the 2nd half last night.

What kills me is that Kanter and KOQ are supposed to be PHYSICAL. They didn’t even TOUCH Drummond on many of those plays. Just can’t let guys feel comfortable when they’re ALL OVER our guys physically.

It’s harder for guys to jump when you’re connected and in their space or arm fighting. You look at the tape and don’t see any of that. NO CONTACT.

nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  2:17 PM
Not to be ignored is another HUGE problem you can see coming and that’s SF’s having big games against the Knicks!!! CLee, Beasley and McDermott are going to get DESTROYED by good opposing SF’s! They have nothing to offer defensively and I don’t see that changing unless they use Dotson as a SF! Maybe he can stay with mobile SF’s.

This is just SAD!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/22/2017  3:14 PM
Noah might need to make an appearance... oh he's serving a suspension
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  3:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:Noah might need to make an appearance... oh he's serving a suspension

It would be funny if it didn’t hurt so much. These younger guys simply MUST raise their level of play! TOUCH somebody! Put your weight on guys and box out. Chip block bigs rolling to the basket to breakup the timing. DO SOMETHING!

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/22/2017  4:24 PM
We do need a defensive 3 don't we...Hopefully one of our big men/Clee shows something worthy of a trade
The Future is Bright!
reub
Member: #6227

10/22/2017  5:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  5:06 PM
nixluva wrote:

What kills me is that Kanter and KOQ are supposed to be PHYSICAL. They didn’t even TOUCH Drummond on many of those plays. Just can’t let guys feel comfortable when they’re ALL OVER our guys physically.

It’s harder for guys to jump when you’re connected and in their space or arm fighting. You look at the tape and don’t see any of that. NO CONTACT.

Just like they were manhandling KP last night we should have been doing the same to Tobias Harris. A guy like PJ Tucker would have been perfect for that role. Harkless too. I don't think that Dotson is long enough to do it but he's definitely strong enough. All of our threes and fours are the kind that get sand kicked on them at the beach.

nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  5:15 PM
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Just like they were manhandling KP last night we should have been doing the same to Tobias Harris. A guy like PJ Tucker would have been perfect for that role. Harkless too. I don't think that Dotson is long enough to do it but he's definitely strong enough. All of our threes and fours are the kind that get sand kicked on them at the beach.

Perry has to find some TOUGH and GRITTY defenders like a Tucker. Dotson isn’t big enough for a Tobias Harris IMO but at least he gets after it and plays hard.

Like you said we have too many finesse guys tho I really liked how aggressive McDermott was trying to play. He wants to play! He wants to shake off his poor defender rep!

Knicks Bigs Must Get Physical

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy