[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks trying to raise Kanter/Lee's trade value
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
10/22/2017  1:11 AM
Maybe that's why they aren't playing Willy or Dotson?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/22/2017  1:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  1:27 AM
I think there is a chance Lee is traded. I also think he is a starter on this roster. I don't think there is anyway Kanter is traded with the contract he has unless a contender at the deadline sees him as the missing link.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/22/2017  4:02 AM
You're crediting this org with too much intelligence- this is that kind of mind numbing s*** they always pull.

Anyways, for me the priority is to trade away Lee and KOQ not Kanter. I'm hopeful that the Wizards will take KOQ (they need a bench upgrade and they traded a first for a rental at the deadline last season). I wonder if the Hornets would be interested in Lee- he was great for them and Batum is out.

This will then free up time for Willy and Dodson

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/22/2017  7:29 AM
The bottom line is if the knicks don't see Kanter as the long term center, they should trade him for something.
Trust the Process
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/22/2017  7:31 AM
I could be wrong but I think Kanter is a good fit with Porzingis.

Lee is not a longterm fit, but all teams need a veteran that can play. Lee can still play. I can see him getting dealt at some point during the next year.

Kanter/Porzingis may be one of the best 5/4 front lines in the league.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/22/2017  7:59 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I could be wrong but I think Kanter is a good fit with Porzingis.

Lee is not a longterm fit, but all teams need a veteran that can play. Lee can still play. I can see him getting dealt at some point during the next year.

The issue is resigning Kanter. Are you going to pay him over $20 mil a season to be our center when we are still in the early stages of a rebuild? If we have not done the thrjr deal, then I would be all for signing Kanter, but with Noah deal, we would be almost tapped out.

Trust the Process
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/22/2017  8:04 AM
I think Lee is worth something to a team that's good but weak on the wing

I think kanter had already proven to be a super 6th

Right now I think the Lee and KOQ are getting featured for trades but who knows... I wouldn't be surprised if Kanter gets dealt because KP and Kanter don't seem like the ideal tandem

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/22/2017  8:05 AM
TheGame wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I could be wrong but I think Kanter is a good fit with Porzingis.

The issue is resigning Kanter. Are you going to pay him over $20 mil a season to be our center when we are still in the early stages of a rebuild? If we have not done the thrjr deal, then I would be all for signing Kanter, but with Noah deal, we would be almost tapped out.

Think the only ways Kanter comes back are

A) Opts in
B) Opts out, accepts a deal in the 15-17M per year range, and we stretch provision Noah. This clears capspace for us. And O'Quinn is let go.

I think Willy/Kanter at C, with Porzingis/Beasley at 4, could make us incredibly tough to deal with in those areas for a long time. That's really alot of talent and mismatches. Will need to get some better scoring guards and for Frank to develop, but in 1-2 years, I can see that team be very good.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/22/2017  8:27 AM
We usually are in win now mode no matter what. If Thj continues to stink Mills will be under pressure to show Dolan what a good exec he is and make a big splash. While we may trade those guys it might be for another player like Noah.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/22/2017  11:23 AM
KP4Life wrote:Maybe that's why they aren't playing Willy or Dotson?

The Knicks have a glut at the pivot. That's why Hernangomez is not starting. Dotson is a ROOKIE. Good way to mentally fry a prospect is to throw them into the fire too early. Top rated high lottery picks are one thing, a more fringe 2nd round guy, even if he has some nice tools, is another.

Kanter has close to no trade value. OKC tried to trade him from the time they signed him to that bizarre contract. No other team wanted him, not at that AAV and that contract status. I doubt they will want him now ( except to move a bad contract) Teams needing veteran help at the deadline, many are cap locked. Moving players that can help them now for a pivot who can't defend the rim and can't space the floor is not a good decision. He will also opt in in the offseason, he won't see that kind of money again, not with the landscape of teams and their projected cap space. He limits a new teams flexibility.

Lee the issue is the Years 3 and 4 of his contract. He is useful, but not going to push a team over the top. Same problem applies, the teams that can use him the most are going to be up against the cap. If they move a bad contract and an asset, sure, that's possible. Or as a pure salary dump by the Knicks. But he doesn't produce at a rate that is going to make the gamble look good in Year 3 and 4.

Many teams are into the luxury zone coming this offseason. They aren't going to go deeper into the tax zone for Lee and/or Kanter.

Hornacek is coaching for his job this year. He knows this team just isn't going to cut it defensively. So he'll try to outscore other teams and Kanter gives him at least some offense. He'll need to take the 8th seed to keep his job, and so he likely won't make it. He's really auditioning for his next coaching opportunity, which means Bakers success is going to be huge for him, or not.

Kanter has close to no trade value. It's why he was available in the first place.

At a previous Sloan Sports Conferences, there was an interesting discussion about "legacy conflicts", which focused at the time on the NFL and the Cowboys and Panthers, who took a problem, then forwarded that problem and compounded it into the future.

Not aggressively signing Jeremy Lin. Getting Ray Felton ( again) Dumping Fatty/Gun Runner Felton for Jose Calderon. Dumping Calderon and losing Robin Lopez. Signing Noah and Lee were creating legacy conflicts. To dump them requires positive outgoing assets or taking in more legacy conflicts for the future. If you inherit one, that's one thing, but you don't keep self generating them. Perry INHERITED Noah. That's one thing. Flipping Kanter and/or Lee and taking in another problem doesn't help this team.

The trade in place has to be the BEST out of all available options to the Non Knicks team. The Opt In for Kanter and the back two years of Lee are really complicated in that regard.

VCoug
Member: #1406

10/22/2017  11:58 AM
And KOQ too, hopefully. Lee and KOQ should have value to just about every team in the league but I struggle to figure out which teams would want Kanter. Maybe the Wizards?
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/22/2017  12:01 PM
Too bad the Knicks probably cant afford Kanter without a discount. Would have been fun watching KP and Kanter running a two man game for the next few years. Going to see more of that from teams in the future, as the league gets taller and more athletic.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/22/2017  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  2:26 PM
KP4Life wrote:Maybe that's why they aren't playing Willy or Dotson?

They are certainly trying to trade a big (which one or 2 I’m not sure) and C-Lee is a non-factor here...hope like hell we can some value for h8m.

Knicks trying to raise Kanter/Lee's trade value

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy