[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is the NBA fixed ?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

10/21/2017  10:31 PM
Cause that was the worst called 2nd half it was like they needed the Detroit pistons to win! Almost nailed the plus minus for Vegas. Wtf super lame if called correctly we would have won the game by double digits.... I don’t understand how you can let a team hand check to get back in the game that’s F U C K ed up
AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

10/21/2017  10:42 PM
Definitely fixed. NBA obviously biased against small markets like NYC and wants to promote big markets like OKC and Detroit.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/21/2017  10:50 PM
Bottom line we got f**ked
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/23/2017  10:36 AM
Yeah, It's the refs!
The ball's over-inflated!
KP should have gone to the line one more time!

After 2 whole games, how about our backcourt that's pathetic and our defense that suhucks?

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

10/23/2017  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  10:58 AM
yes the new is fixed. as constructed and coached the Knicks should have at least 15 championships since the dolans brought the team. but jimmy aint no kiss ass he a rough and tumble blues playing son of a bitch. so they conspire against him. aids ain't real either i have the documents to prove it but theCIA sends signals to my brain via the dish network that whyI have directv.
we are a sucky rebuilding team depending on one guy and no point guard play to win. chances are we will lose. enjoy the unicorn highlights pls
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2017  12:05 PM
Are refs in on a fix, or did they miss it?
KP is being groomed as a star and its funny that announcer said "Its a call he will get in the future".
I'd like to think so. NBA favors its stars.
Knicks need to earn that place.
Yes, Knicks need to address the back court.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/23/2017  12:06 PM
A lot of you were rubbing your hands together, praying for a melo trade and this rebuilding through the draft BS, as if it was a bullet proof plan. losing get ppl fired, and sabotages plans

The rebuilding works when it's done right, and the bafoon we have in mills and this coaching staff, is laughable. I like some things that JH does, but the rest of his staff is utter garbage, and mills and perry giving jH orders on who to play and who not to play is a recipe for disaster.

We lost because we have no pg to control the pace of the game, couldn't defend the P&R again, and THJ and McDermott will suffer immensely without a pg to break down the defense and get them good looks..

ES
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/23/2017  12:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:A lot of you were rubbing your hands together, praying for a melo trade and this rebuilding through the draft BS, as if it was a bullet proof plan. losing get ppl fired, and sabotages plans

The rebuilding works when it's done right, and the bafoon we have in mills and this coaching staff, is laughable. I like some things that JH does, but the rest of his staff is utter garbage, and mills and perry giving jH orders on who to play and who not to play is a recipe for disaster.

We lost because we have no pg to control the pace of the game, couldn't defend the P&R again, and THJ and McDermott will suffer immensely without a pg to break down the defense and get them good looks..

Dang man. You gotta give things a little time before calling it a failure or you will never get anything done. I don't like some of the things that is happening but I want to give them more than 2 games to get their **** together.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/23/2017  12:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:A lot of you were rubbing your hands together, praying for a melo trade and this rebuilding through the draft BS, as if it was a bullet proof plan. losing get ppl fired, and sabotages plans

Yeah.

No.

I wanted the Knicks to trade Melo, I want the Knicks to build through the draft, and I know it's the farthest thing in the world from a bullet proof plan. This is professional sports, there are no bullet proof plans. However you go about it, building a good team is hard, requires luck, and at the end of the day is frankly unlikely, particularly in the NBA which has never been a parity league.

I advocate all these things well aware there's a good chance it may fail.

But your sophomoric rhetoric requires you mischaracterize and exaggerate views you don't agree with, which really means views you don't understand.

The rebuilding works when it's done right,

Ya think?

Man, why didn't I think of that??? [face palm]

and the bafoon we have in mills and this coaching staff, is laughable. I like some things that JH does, but the rest of his staff is utter garbage, and mills and perry giving jH orders on who to play and who not to play is a recipe for disaster.

We lost because we have no pg to control the pace of the game, couldn't defend the P&R again, and THJ and McDermott will suffer immensely without a pg to break down the defense and get them good looks.

That may or may not be true, but what you don't seem to realize is, if it is true, their approach is irrelevant, and you don't seem able to distinguish that. You're harping on their rebuilding approach for some odd reason, but if what you say is true it doesn't matter. They are going to fail whether or not they kept Melo. But you don't seem to realize that.

Nalod
USA
10/23/2017  12:21 PM

How did you obtain the knowledge that Mills or Perry are instructing who to give minutes to?

Two games in and your making shyt up.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
10/23/2017  12:25 PM
If anybody has a clue about bball you can tell the refs wanted them back in the game if nothing else. That offensive goaltending they missed was a joke. Then there were about 5 other plays helping them back into the game. Toliver was mauling somebody every possession on both sides of the court the rest of the game. Phantom whhisles and then swollowed whistles. NBA doesn't really care if the Knicks are good since they sell out every game and have massive media deals with MSG Network already.
knicks1248
10/23/2017  12:28 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Dang man. You gotta give things a little time before calling it a failure or you will never get anything done. I don't like some of the things that is happening but I want to give them more than 2 games to get their **** together.

The first thing every team did this off season, was sure up their pG position, pgs were the first FA's off the board.

The only time we have had any kind of success was when the position was solidify...felton, Lin, Kidd. It was the first move PERRY made with the KINGs, drafting and signing 3 pg's altogether.

Mean while our dumb ass front office waited until the end of the summer to signed some BS ass pgs in jack and sessions....total incompetent

ES
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  12:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

The first thing every team did this off season, was sure up their pG position, pgs were the first FA's off the board.

The only time we have had any kind of success was when the position was solidify...felton, Lin, Kidd. It was the first move PERRY made with the KINGs, drafting and signing 3 pg's altogether.

Mean while our dumb ass front office waited until the end of the summer to signed some BS ass pgs in jack and sessions....total incompetent

How was it possible you still don't get they're not trying to win this year?

knicks1248
10/23/2017  12:44 PM
Nalod wrote:

How did you obtain the knowledge that Mills or Perry are instructing who to give minutes to?

read that
On Saturday, however, Hornacek had an eyebrow-raising response when asked about management branding Hernangomez among the team’s young core. Hornacek said those sentiments came before the Kanter trade.

wake up dude, willy is not that high on the knicks rader since kanter.

you wanted melo gone so bad, because he was taking minutes and shots away from kP and willy, well they traded for the exact same position, for a guy who plays melo like defense, passes less than melo, and has completely taking willy out of the line up..

mama always said be careful what you ask for

ES
knicks1248
10/23/2017  12:57 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I know, they're plan is to lose a lot, but that's just going to get jH fired, KP walking, and mills fired. once that happens, we'll be going in another direction.. dude like how many times have you seen that movie

How many coaches have you seen get fired in a rebuild mode if their not at least hovering around 500.

ES
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/23/2017  12:59 PM
in the second half Detroit was picking us up before half court getting away with hand checking and getting physical. Why didn’t horny try and match that defensive intensity? It’s not about the talent, we are more then capable of mimicking what Detroit was doing on the defensive end in the second half. But we were not challenging the refs and only playing defense three point line and in.

As a coach when you see your opponent getting away with hand checking and picking up your players before half court. You need to call a time out and tell the team hey the refs are letting them hand check and get physical, let’s do the same. If we get the whistle blown on us I will Make sure the refs will blow the whistle on them or I’ll get a tech Proving the point .

Again when you see your opponent getting away with illegal physical defense, you need to match and challenge the refs to calm the intensity of the game. Why doesn’t our coaching staff have the coaching IQ to do so? It lost us the game, also the no whistle on Drummond’s clear foul on kp was bs to end the game he mailed KP... again though would it have been prevented if we just matched illegal defense to get the refs involved earlier in the second half ? Probably because we would have won by double digits, eliminating that play all together.

Coaching gets a D- for not recognizing how to do simple coaching maneuver that 95% of the coaches in the nba do on a every game basis.

Nalod
USA
10/23/2017  1:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

read that
On Saturday, however, Hornacek had an eyebrow-raising response when asked about management branding Hernangomez among the team’s young core. Hornacek said those sentiments came before the Kanter trade.

wake up dude, willy is not that high on the knicks rader since kanter.

you wanted melo gone so bad, because he was taking minutes and shots away from kP and willy, well they traded for the exact same position, for a guy who plays melo like defense, passes less than melo, and has completely taking willy out of the line up..

mama always said be careful what you ask for

I think the eye raising moment was "Willy was part of the core until the position got upgraded with Kanter".
Kanter is better than Willy.

Now what you don't know is what you don't know. Lets think. Before the trade did Perry think he could get a PG as part of a deal? Maybe.
Did he think Sessons and Jack are the long term answer? Doubt it. Do they think frank can start right away. Doubt it. Might there be a concept that Noah gets traded? Enes gets traded? KOQ gets traded? Plausible right?

Did any of Perry's preseason statements had you thinking (a stretch) that knicks are in "Win now" mode?

Yes, with melo gone we all know that it will take time. Melo was our best player TODAY.
You can't comprehend what mills and Perry might do so you make stuff up as you would do it. You don't understand that some moves are anticipatory, not reactionary as you would.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/23/2017  1:24 PM
Some strange stuff in the Pistons game...You can say they came out the second half determined to play tougher D...but I saw a lot of extra contact against a guy like KP which was rarely called. Seems like they care about contact against PG...less about in the post.

Not going to say it was "fixed," but the Pistons clearly pushed things, and the refs let them get away with rough house D.

One thing which remains from last year's offense is getting the ball into your star...now KP, as of was in the post, though he is 20+ feet from the basket. He should not be over dribbling 20 ft from the basket as if he is a PG or SG.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  1:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I know, they're plan is to lose a lot, but that's just going to get jH fired, KP walking, and mills fired. once that happens, we'll be going in another direction.. dude like how many times have you seen that movie

How many coaches have you seen get fired in a rebuild mode if their not at least hovering around 500.

I don't see KP playing for two, one-year contracts totaling $13m dollars when he can guarantee himself no less than $154m at the end of this season. No player has ever not taken a maximum rookie extension, and that was even before they made the terms a whole lot better for rookies in the last CBA. If people want to worry about him leaving I can't stop them, but...

That said, let's really try to get to the heart of your position. You repeat often If the Knicks lose big this year, Mills, Perry, Hornacek and his staff will likely be fired.

But YOU think Mills, Perry, Hornacek and his staff are mostly buffoons.

Why would you be against the Knicks getting a high lottery pick AND THEN replacing all the buffoons? For you, wouldn't that be the perfect combination?

As you continue to argue it, you seem to want the Knicks to have limited, relative to the EC '35-win-ish, make the eight seed' success this year and for all the people you think are buffoons to keep their jobs.

How does this make any sense?

knicks1248
10/23/2017  6:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I don't see KP playing for two, one-year contracts totaling $13m dollars when he can guarantee himself no less than $154m at the end of this season. No player has ever not taken a maximum rookie extension, and that was even before they made the terms a whole lot better for rookies in the last CBA. If people want to worry about him leaving I can't stop them, but...

That said, let's really try to get to the heart of your position. You repeat often If the Knicks lose big this year, Mills, Perry, Hornacek and his staff will likely be fired.

But YOU think Mills, Perry, Hornacek and his staff are mostly buffoons.

Why would you be against the Knicks getting a high lottery pick AND THEN replacing all the buffoons? For you, wouldn't that be the perfect combination?

As you continue to argue it, you seem to want the Knicks to have limited, relative to the EC '35-win-ish, make the eight seed' success this year and for all the people you think are buffoons to keep their jobs.

How does this make any sense?

as oppose to putting all your eggs in the draft basket that's has a 10% chance of landing a good player.

Let me re-phrase that, you have a 90% chance of drafting a below avg player.

Like your tanking for a role player makes little sense.

considering how the NBA is this yr with like 4 really good teams, and about 8 to 9 really, really bad teams, the chances of us landed a top 3 pick is sooo far fetched

ES
Is the NBA fixed ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy