[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The media negative spin this year: Frank is a bust
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
10/20/2017  5:14 PM
Even though he probably isn't but that is what the media will say about the knicks. Last year it was phil and the triangle, this year Frank, especially if DSjr becomes rookie of the year.
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/20/2017  5:32 PM
KP4Life wrote:Even though he probably isn't but that is what the media will say about the knicks. Last year it was phil and the triangle, this year Frank, especially if DSjr becomes rookie of the year.

Who cares?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  5:49 PM
Twitter is FULL of Knicks fans who are waiting to pounce if DSJ does well and Nitty struggles. Thank God this isn’t about one season. A 19 yr old kid has to be allowed time to grow.

We already know Ntilikina and DSJ are different kinds of players. So that is another issue. DSJ is more explosive and so you’ll get the excitement factor. Nitty’s strength starts on D so there’s a disadvantage to an extent.

VCoug
Member: #1406

10/20/2017  10:46 PM
The media being negative about the Knicks isn't spin, it's because we suck year in and year out for 15 years.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
nixluva
USA
10/21/2017  12:07 AM
VCoug wrote:The media being negative about the Knicks isn't spin, it's because we suck year in and year out for 15 years.

Yes the Knicks have been bad for a long time but that doesn’t mean the Media isn’t also being biased and actively looking for negative things to write.

We don’t Draft DSJ they kill the Knicks. We draft DSJ and I guarantee they’d still kill the Knicks.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/21/2017  12:12 AM
KP4Life wrote:Even though he probably isn't but that is what the media will say about the knicks. Last year it was phil and the triangle, this year Frank, especially if DSjr becomes rookie of the year.

That's not the media. It's the fans too.... understandable cuz the kid hasn't played in the states. One pre season game and one blip in a regular season game. He's been hurt his whole time as a knick. He got hurt even he first got back from finishing up his season in France which kept him out of summer league. Then he got hurt in preseason. Now he's hurt again.... no need for the media to do anything extra right now.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/21/2017  12:13 AM

They were ready to do the same a few years ago to the guy you named yourself after...

KP doesn't need the triangle, and neither do Willy, Dotson, and Frank.

Just a matter of time and confidence building for Frank...being healthy enough to get in the minutes would also be a nice thing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/21/2017  12:13 AM
1 game in.
You guys are brutal.
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/21/2017  1:53 AM
They need Knicks' failure to sell.

Phil was just a way for them to shi t on Knicks. They will always find something to attack.

EnySpree

10/21/2017  6:06 AM
mlby1215 wrote: They need Knicks' failure to sell.

Phil was just a way for them to shi t on Knicks. They will always find something to attack.

In this case it's not an attack. It's a report. Right now he's always hurt. Anything bad said about him is true until he can get healthy

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/21/2017  8:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:

That's not the media. It's the fans too.... understandable cuz the kid hasn't played in the states. One pre season game and one blip in a regular season game. He's been hurt his whole time as a knick. He got hurt even he first got back from finishing up his season in France which kept him out of summer league. Then he got hurt in preseason. Now he's hurt again.... no need for the media to do anything extra right now.

Not to mention the kid has looked awful both times he stepped on the court . Did you see him against OKC? Frickin 2 fing airballs in the span of 2 minutes
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree

10/21/2017  8:40 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Not to mention the kid has looked awful both times he stepped on the court . Did you see him against OKC? Frickin 2 fing airballs in the span of 2 minutes

He's a baby... He could be my son and I'm not even an old guy. The basketball Gods habe spoken. Let the kid become who he's gonna become. Let him get right. He's got so much time to get there

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/21/2017  8:46 AM
We have sucked for yrs, and our front office has been atrociuos for a decade. So why would the media need to spin anything? When Frank finally gets on the court, he just needs to show and prove and the naysayers will go away. And btw, Frank aint the only one being labeled a bust after one game. Anyone check out the Lonzo Ball articles and the talking heads after he was destroyed by Beverly? Ball bounced back with a near triple double...thats what Frank needs to do....but first, his a&& needs to stay healthy..
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/21/2017  10:04 AM
nixluva wrote:Twitter is FULL of Knicks fans who are waiting to pounce if DSJ does well and Nitty struggles. Thank God this isn’t about one season. A 19 yr old kid has to be allowed time to grow.

We already know Ntilikina and DSJ are different kinds of players. So that is another issue. DSJ is more explosive and so you’ll get the excitement factor. Nitty’s strength starts on D so there’s a disadvantage to an extent.

They are trolls, they are not Knicks fans.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/21/2017  10:57 AM
VCoug wrote:The media being negative about the Knicks isn't spin, it's because we suck year in and year out for 15 years.

It's a little bit of both. It wasn't that long ago that media members were killing the Knicks for picking Kristaps Porzingis, even when most of them hadn't seen him play. They can't just report that the Knicks suck every day. There has to be some sensationalism. Sports news is just as much about entertainment as it is accurate reporting. Plus...this organization hasn't been the kindest to the local media in recent years. These guys are only human.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/21/2017  11:20 AM
All that matters is that Frank keeps progressing, keeps working on his game, and doesn't get discouraged.

He's a skinny kid going up against players who are stronger and faster than he is used to. That seems to be playing a part in these injuries. Thats why there shouldn't be a rush to give him major minutes until he's used to the speed of the NBA game. Thats where long term injuries can happen.

Finding myself as a fan lowering my expectations of what Frank will be able to do for this team. Seems like a better option than getting PO'd about every delay. I believe thats whats driving a lot of the frustration here. Frank is almost as much of an unknown now as he was on draft day. Understandable IMO for some fans to be getting impatient. Not Frank's fault though. As soon as Frank starts really playing we'll have something more interesting to talk about.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/21/2017  12:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:He's a skinny kid going up against players who are stronger and faster than he is used to. That seems to be playing a part in these injuries. Thats why there shouldn't be a rush to give him major minutes until he's used to the speed of the NBA game. Thats where long term injuries can happen.

That was true of Garnett, Durant, Porzingis and hundreds of other rookies. Correlation does not equal causation. Sometimes injuries are just injuries and not a sign of some inherent shortcoming.

nixluva
USA
10/21/2017  3:49 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:He's a skinny kid going up against players who are stronger and faster than he is used to. That seems to be playing a part in these injuries. Thats why there shouldn't be a rush to give him major minutes until he's used to the speed of the NBA game. Thats where long term injuries can happen.

That was true of Garnett, Durant, Porzingis and hundreds of other rookies. Correlation does not equal causation. Sometimes injuries are just injuries and not a sign of some inherent shortcoming.

Yup! Remember those pictures of Dirk as a rookie? Being young and skinny as a rookie is common for many players.

Ntilikina is an active player and IMO if you’re active rather than a guy that is relatively stationary that creates more risk of contact type injuries. Minor stuff that can put you out for a few days but not necessarily any lasting damage. An elbow to the chops, bumped knee or twisted ankle is a constant threat to ANY NBA PLAYER!

The media negative spin this year: Frank is a bust

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy