[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/21/2017  8:34 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
VCoug wrote:I'm on record saying that I would've taken DSJr pretty much regardless of who was realistically available but I can't stand having a debate about these two every single time one of them does or doesn't do something.

Just don't see it happening. Too much going against it...Not only is there a "my guy wasn't chosen" factor, but poor Frank is also Phil Jackson's abandoned child...from another regime. He is a refugee...and they are not popular these days.

On draft night, i was frustrated we took Frank over DSJ...im on record on this board saying as much. With that said, Im a knick fan, its about the front of the jersey, not the back. Frank is a Knick so im rooting for him to succeed but its frustrating as hell that dude continues to have these set backs...this is a forum, a place to cheer and vent..right now some of us are venting. Doesnt mean im rooting against him, im a knick fan an i root for all players in the blue and orange...

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/21/2017  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  8:45 AM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.

Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

much better player than Frank, but it looks like some of the fears about his health are justified dude is reckless. I don't know though I just don't think Frank is going to be any good, I haven't seen anything that justifies his selection at 8

Ntilikina is a different type of player. DSJ wishes he could be the kind of defender Nitty is capable of being. Nitty is yet to fully fill out and he might still grow. I like Nitty’s package of physical talent, skills and BBIQ. I think Nitty is going to be more of a Billups type of PG.

People keep predicting these lofty expectations on Frank with not a single shred of evidence he will ever reach those heights. Yeah he is long , sure I think he can defend at a high level , but the actually playing PG in the NBA I dont see those skills at all. Dude looks awful with the ball in his hands. I just want to see something that gives me hope for this kid because ever since he has been a Knick its been one failure after another. I want to believe he is a building block and we didn't just piss away the whole 2016-17 season to draft a back up wing.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/21/2017  9:43 AM
If gaines was Phils right hand man, then this pick is his.
Silly to think he is just a "Triangle" pick. So he can pass, not be stupid is not a bad thing.
I suppose there is a reason why Euro's don't usually play the best kids too much. KP did not get big minutes in Spain.
They don't run their kids in the ground.

Phuch venting threads meant only to focus on thing which is a direct comparison. Really, you have to go 5 years and see where these guy are at age 25. You'all gonna do this day in and day out? Have at it.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/21/2017  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  10:41 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

much better player than Frank, but it looks like some of the fears about his health are justified dude is reckless. I don't know though I just don't think Frank is going to be any good, I haven't seen anything that justifies his selection at 8

Ntilikina is a different type of player. DSJ wishes he could be the kind of defender Nitty is capable of being. Nitty is yet to fully fill out and he might still grow. I like Nitty’s package of physical talent, skills and BBIQ. I think Nitty is going to be more of a Billups type of PG.

People keep predicting these lofty expectations on Frank with not a single shred of evidence he will ever reach those heights. Yeah he is long , sure I think he can defend at a high level , but the actually playing PG in the NBA I dont see those skills at all. Dude looks awful with the ball in his hands. I just want to see something that gives me hope for this kid because ever since he has been a Knick its been one failure after another.

Name them. Name all these "failures one after another" you're referring to?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/21/2017  10:48 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

People keep predicting these lofty expectations on Frank with not a single shred of evidence he will ever reach those heights. Yeah he is long , sure I think he can defend at a high level , but the actually playing PG in the NBA I dont see those skills at all. Dude looks awful with the ball in his hands. I just want to see something that gives me hope for this kid because ever since he has been a Knick its been one failure after another. I want to believe he is a building block and we didn't just piss away the whole 2016-17 season to draft a back up wing.

You were able to tell this off one 8 minute stint? He's shown promise on the pick and roll, especially hitting the pocket pass in the short stints I've seen. The kid hasn't played enough to say he's been a failure. Like me saying any other has been a failure after one or two games. Imagine if we wrote Lonzo Ball off as failure against Houston lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/21/2017  10:59 AM
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
VCoug wrote:I'm on record saying that I would've taken DSJr pretty much regardless of who was realistically available but I can't stand having a debate about these two every single time one of them does or doesn't do something.

Just don't see it happening. Too much going against it...Not only is there a "my guy wasn't chosen" factor, but poor Frank is also Phil Jackson's abandoned child...from another regime. He is a refugee...and they are not popular these days.

On draft night, i was frustrated we took Frank over DSJ...im on record on this board saying as much. With that said, Im a knick fan, its about the front of the jersey, not the back. Frank is a Knick so im rooting for him to succeed but its frustrating as hell that dude continues to have these set backs...this is a forum, a place to cheer and vent..right now some of us are venting. Doesnt mean im rooting against him, im a knick fan an i root for all players in the blue and orange...

Well said.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/21/2017  11:15 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Dennis Smith Jr. out Friday and Saturday
Dennis Smith Jr. (left knee effusion) will miss Friday's game vs. the Kings and Saturday's game vs. Houston.
He wasn't on the injury report, so this comes as a complete surprise. Smith Jr. had a torn left ACL during his senior season in high school, so it's a little worrying that he has some swelling. There's no word on the severity, but hopefully we'll have some clarity after the game. Expect Yogi Ferrell and J.J. Barea to log heavy minutes Friday in a great matchup.
Wow. Hope he is ok.

LOL...You're one of the good ones, Crush...really, but I have take you to task for your original response to Frank turning his ankle...

reub wrote:
DSJr has an extra knee ligament too...a little know fact.

Yeah. He and Adrian Peterson. Smith jr is being raved about in Dallas. He also was top 3 in his class in one of the most hyped point guard classes of all time prior to his injury. Hopefully Frank can get on the court and play for a few minutes sometime soon.

Concern for Smith...sarcasm for our guy?

Is this going to be what UK is for the rest of the year?

Is it possible that the basketball gods hurt Smith to send you a message?

Its on par with my expectations. If you are a "star" or "projected" to be one you automatically walk on water. Everyone else is a scrub.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/21/2017  11:16 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

What he said

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

10/21/2017  11:19 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Dennis Smith Jr is out for the next two games with a knee injury

The Mavericks rookie point guard had swelling in his left knee this morning.

Dennis Smith Jr. will miss at least the next two games with a knee injury, the Dallas Mavericks announced before their game against the Sacramento Kings on Friday night.
The Mavs are calling Smith’s injury left knee effusion, which is swelling caused by fluid building up around the joint. It’s the same knee that Smith tore his ACL in during high school.

There is no timeline for Smith’s return, although it’s been reported on Twitter that Smith will also be missing tomorrow night’s game against the Houston Rockets, although nothing has been confirmed.

This is the second injury for Smith in the past week. He hurt his ankle in the second-to-last preseason game against Atlanta and then played the very next night in Charlotte. This is obviously way more serious.

For a potential origin of this injury, we have Austin Ngaruiya to thank as he pointed out Smith’s rough landing after trying to jam it hard during the season opener against the Hawks on Wednesday. Smith hobbled back to the locker room briefly before coming back out and finishing the game.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2017/10/20/16512362/dennis-smith-jr-knee-injury-dallas-mavericks-nba

What are the "we should have drafted Dennis Smith Jr" folk going to do now?!

But he had a good dunk or two before he injured himself.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2017  11:25 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Well said.

Agree. Great post.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/21/2017  11:38 AM
I think frank will be a more complete player. Also i feel DSL is too much of a injury risk. Already having an issue and we know he has had a serious injury in the past. Obviously frank is also dealing with injuries i get that but its been more bad luck than anything
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/21/2017  11:50 AM
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Can easily agree with this...

My original draft wish list was Fox, Isaac, and Ntilikina. As we dropped and Fox/Isaac seemed out of reach it was Frank or Smith. Did not want Monk. Came around on Smith after watching him on D and realizing he could do it if motivated. I know that if we had taken him I would not have been whining if Monk or Frank had a few good games with the teams that drafted them.

I've been frustrated since he missed SL. I watched enough of him in his French games to know what he could do now, but more importantly, what he will be able to do in the future, since he is clearly less developed physically than many of the U.S. players.

The other issue is that players on the better European teams are not given free reign to play the way they want. This was true for Frank, KP, and Willy. What's funny is that the recent Euro pick with what some considered an American game- Hezonja(sp), has been a major disappointment so far. Frank has to be a little more selfish at times, and this HAS been something said about his French career.

Seems like a waste of time to harp on the draft at this point, though. I'm hoping that this does not become the dominant topic on this forum. Not holding my breath, though.

Time will tell.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1

10/21/2017  11:55 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Can easily agree with this...

My original draft wish list was Fox, Isaac, and Ntilikina. As we dropped and Fox/Isaac seemed out of reach it was Frank or Smith. Did not want Monk. Came around on Smith after watching him on D and realizing he could do it if motivated. I know that if we had taken him I would not have been whining if Monk or Frank had a few good games with the teams that drafted them.

I've been frustrated since he missed SL. I watched enough of him in his French games to know what he could do now, but more importantly, what he will be able to do in the future, since he is clearly less developed physically than many of the U.S. players.

The other issue is that players on the better European teams are not given free reign to play the way they want. This was true for Frank, KP, and Willy. What's funny is that the recent Euro pick with what some considered an American game- Hezonja(sp), has been a major disappointment so far. Frank has to be a little more selfish at times, and this HAS been something said about his French career.

Seems like a waste of time to harp on the draft at this point, though. I'm hoping that this does not become the dominant topic on this forum. Not holding my breath, though.

Time will tell.

Great Post. I feel that some not all but some are beating up on frank because they think is just a triangle player which i dont think is true. Unfortunetly he has had some bad luck with some injuries and hasnt been able to show much. Back in training camp he looked great. He just needs to shake off rust and be healthy and he will be impressive IMO
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/21/2017  12:09 PM
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

This is the discussion forum. If people are going to post things that aren't reasonable (for whatever reasons) people are going to respond pointing out of those things aren't reasonable.

StarksEwing1

10/21/2017  12:16 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

This is the discussion forum. If people are going to post things that aren't reasonable (for whatever reasons) people are going to respond pointing out of those things aren't reasonable.

this
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/21/2017  1:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

this

Thats reasonable.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/21/2017  1:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

And you get all this about Frank from watching him play 8 minutes in his first game in the NBA?? I'm not sure how anyone doesn't realize that it's gonna take time to see the full potential of Frank. He's gonna need a good amount of games that he started and got at least 30 minutes before we even start seeing what this kid can do in the NBA and at PG.

StarksEwing1

10/21/2017  2:03 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

And you get all this about Frank from watching him play 8 minutes in his first game in the NBA?? I'm not sure how anyone doesn't realize that it's gonna take time to see the full potential of Frank. He's gonna need a good amount of games that he started and got at least 30 minutes before we even start seeing what this kid can do in the NBA and at PG.

exactly. Its probably gonna take at least a year for him to get comfortable at thats ok. I know some fans hate rebuilding but thats the reality. We are building toward a good and hopefully extended winning future so there will be bumps in the road this year and probably next year
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/21/2017  3:58 PM
why do we need this thread? smh. cant people just root for our guy and be over dsj fox etc etc
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/21/2017  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  4:40 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I've been vocal since we drafted him on how concerned I was by the games I watched. I want to see something to make me believe the Knicks didn't make a mistake. Its making me more and more nervous the longer it goes without some sort of positive for this kid. I am very sick of losing. I'm going to be furious if our development is set back yet another season because we drafted a questionable player. We have a short window before KP costs us 40 million a year and it get way more difficult to add talent. If this kid isn't an above average starter the Porzingis era is probably going to be another massive failure.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy