[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread
Author Thread
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  7:24 PM
Uptown wrote:This is starting to turn into a pattern...I'm trying to move on from DSJ, but Frank aint making it easy...

Who told Willy to have such big feet? They're sayingthat Frank is feeling better already although I doubt that he'll play tomorrow. He has amazing healing powers obviously.
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Posts: 21656
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
10/20/2017  7:52 PM
Dennis Smith Jr. out Friday and Saturday
Dennis Smith Jr. (left knee effusion) will miss Friday's game vs. the Kings and Saturday's game vs. Houston.
He wasn't on the injury report, so this comes as a complete surprise. Smith Jr. had a torn left ACL during his senior season in high school, so it's a little worrying that he has some swelling. There's no word on the severity, but hopefully we'll have some clarity after the game. Expect Yogi Ferrell and J.J. Barea to log heavy minutes Friday in a great matchup.
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2017  7:55 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Dennis Smith Jr. out Friday and Saturday
Dennis Smith Jr. (left knee effusion) will miss Friday's game vs. the Kings and Saturday's game vs. Houston.
He wasn't on the injury report, so this comes as a complete surprise. Smith Jr. had a torn left ACL during his senior season in high school, so it's a little worrying that he has some swelling. There's no word on the severity, but hopefully we'll have some clarity after the game. Expect Yogi Ferrell and J.J. Barea to log heavy minutes Friday in a great matchup.
Wow. Hope he is ok.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  8:07 PM
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.

reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  8:14 PM
It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.

reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  8:15 PM
It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.
TheGame
Posts: 25154
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2006
Member: #1154
USA
10/20/2017  8:31 PM
I have given up hope seeing frank play anytime soon. I am going to tune out for a few games because it really frustrates me to want to see this kid play and he is never available.
Playoffs or bust
Jmpasq
Posts: 22786
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

10/20/2017  8:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  8:42 PM
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  9:08 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

All I know is if the Knicks took DSJ and he got swelling on his bad knee there’d be all kinds of negative storylines!!! Heck these fans can’t handle Nitty twisting his ankle!!!

CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2017  9:17 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  9:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

Jmpasq
Posts: 22786
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

10/20/2017  10:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  10:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

,
much better player than Frank, but it looks like some of the fears about his health are justified dude is reckless. I don't know though I just don't think Frank is going to be any good, I haven't seen anything that justifies his selection at 8
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 22950
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
10/20/2017  10:31 PM
Ball didn’t look so good either.
Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

10/20/2017  10:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Dennis Smith Jr. out Friday and Saturday
Dennis Smith Jr. (left knee effusion) will miss Friday's game vs. the Kings and Saturday's game vs. Houston.
He wasn't on the injury report, so this comes as a complete surprise. Smith Jr. had a torn left ACL during his senior season in high school, so it's a little worrying that he has some swelling. There's no word on the severity, but hopefully we'll have some clarity after the game. Expect Yogi Ferrell and J.J. Barea to log heavy minutes Friday in a great matchup.
Wow. Hope he is ok.

LOL...You're one of the good ones, Crush...really, but I have take you to task for your original response to Frank turning his ankle...

reub wrote:
DSJr has an extra knee ligament too...a little know fact.

Yeah. He and Adrian Peterson. Smith jr is being raved about in Dallas. He also was top 3 in his class in one of the most hyped point guard classes of all time prior to his injury. Hopefully Frank can get on the court and play for a few minutes sometime soon.

Concern for Smith...sarcasm for our guy?

Is this going to be what UK is for the rest of the year?

Is it possible that the basketball gods hurt Smith to send you a message?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  10:41 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Ball didn’t look so good either.

Neither has Isaac or Fultz. Monk either.
Tatum, Fox and maybe Markkanen have been good so far.

VCoug
Posts: 24668
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

10/20/2017  10:53 PM
I'm on record saying that I would've taken DSJr pretty much regardless of who was realistically available but I can't stand having a debate about these two every single time one of them does or doesn't do something.
Knicksfans Forzingis!
nixluva
Posts: 55247
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  10:57 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.


Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

,
much better player than Frank, but it looks like some of the fears about his health are justified dude is reckless. I don't know though I just don't think Frank is going to be any good, I haven't seen anything that justifies his selection at 8

Ntilikina is a different type of player. DSJ wishes he could be the kind of defender Nitty is capable of being. Nitty is yet to fully fill out and he might still grow. I like Nitty’s package of physical talent, skills and BBIQ. I think Nitty is going to be more of a Billups type of PG.

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

10/20/2017  11:48 PM
VCoug wrote:I'm on record saying that I would've taken DSJr pretty much regardless of who was realistically available but I can't stand having a debate about these two every single time one of them does or doesn't do something.

Just don't see it happening. Too much going against it...Not only is there a "my guy wasn't chosen" factor, but poor Frank is also Phil Jackson's abandoned child...from another regime. He is a refugee...and they are not popular these days.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Gudris
Posts: 20581
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

10/21/2017  3:09 AM
You people are masochists :D
smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/21/2017  4:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  4:38 AM

Dennis Smith Jr is out for the next two games with a knee injury

The Mavericks rookie point guard had swelling in his left knee this morning.

Dennis Smith Jr. will miss at least the next two games with a knee injury, the Dallas Mavericks announced before their game against the Sacramento Kings on Friday night.
The Mavs are calling Smith’s injury left knee effusion, which is swelling caused by fluid building up around the joint. It’s the same knee that Smith tore his ACL in during high school.

There is no timeline for Smith’s return, although it’s been reported on Twitter that Smith will also be missing tomorrow night’s game against the Houston Rockets, although nothing has been confirmed.

This is the second injury for Smith in the past week. He hurt his ankle in the second-to-last preseason game against Atlanta and then played the very next night in Charlotte. This is obviously way more serious.

For a potential origin of this injury, we have Austin Ngaruiya to thank as he pointed out Smith’s rough landing after trying to jam it hard during the season opener against the Hawks on Wednesday. Smith hobbled back to the locker room briefly before coming back out and finishing the game.



https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2017/10/20/16512362/dennis-smith-jr-knee-injury-dallas-mavericks-nba

What are the "we should have drafted Dennis Smith Jr" folk going to do now?!

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.