[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Poll: Should the Off Topic Political Threads Be Moved to the Off Topic Section

Author Poll
Rookie
Member: #2274

Personally, I come here to access daily basketball discussions and would prefer the Non Basketball related topics to go back where they are intended to be, in the off topic section. They can still easily be accessed by those who contribute to off topic subjects there.
Yes: Now that there is Basketball to discuss
No: It belongs in the Basketball Discussion Section
View Results

Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/20/2017  4:23 PM
Then what compels you to open political threads?
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/20/2017  4:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  4:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:Then what compels you to open political threads?

If I want to read Off Topic content I know where to find it and so does everyone else. It's not that complicated, lets not make this into something. It's just a poll. Like I said, I just want to see basketball related threads in the basketball section. That's what I come here to read. I think the Political threads have become ugly and seeing them in the basketball section reminds me of that. I prefer the basketball topics, simple really.

Also, I didn't say that I don't occasionally read the political threads, only that they have their own section which is called the off topic section just like basketball has it's own section.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/20/2017  5:45 PM
Rookie wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Then what compels you to open political threads?

If I want to read Off Topic content I know where to find it and so does everyone else. It's not that complicated, lets not make this into something. It's just a poll. Like I said, I just want to see basketball related threads in the basketball section. That's what I come here to read. I think the Political threads have become ugly and seeing them in the basketball section reminds me of that. I prefer the basketball topics, simple really.

Also, I didn't say that I don't occasionally read the political threads, only that they have their own section which is called the off topic section just like basketball has it's own section.

His question was perfectly reasonable.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/21/2017  11:09 AM
I think if it didn't come up on the main board search it would be nicer

While I may have took some heat on the ot board. I was also grossly defamed and continue to be. It's almost insane how something csnt be do misconstrued and than allowing people to defame insult without issue. I'm personally sticking to "just sports" and I agree with you after watching for a week-- people have hijacked ultimateknicks in a way to promote political issues -- unless you sit back and watch it's hard to see. At the end of the day this regular forum should be all basketball or sports -- it's 98% friendly and that's the way it should be

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

10/21/2017  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  12:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think if it didn't come up on the main board search it would be nicer

While I may have took some heat on the ot board. I was also grossly defamed and continue to be. It's almost insane how something csnt be do misconstrued and than allowing people to defame insult without issue. I'm personally sticking to "just sports" and I agree with you after watching for a week-- people have hijacked ultimateknicks in a way to promote political issues -- unless you sit back and watch it's hard to see. At the end of the day this regular forum should be all basketball or sports

Yeah.

No.

You were continually rebuked and eventually suspended by the owner/moderator of this forum, who seems to have the support of the majority of this forum as being fair and reasonable. While you're suspension gardnered some opposition, it generated a fair amount support as well.

The things you posted were in no way ambiguous and clear as a bell. You've offered no rationale in terms of how they were "misconstrued."

Those are all just facts.

-- it's 98% friendly and that's the way it should be

You can't unring a bell. The things that were posted were the literal opposite of "friendly" and were not posted by anyone but you.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/21/2017  12:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think if it didn't come up on the main board search it would be nicer

While I may have took some heat on the ot board. I was also grossly defamed and continue to be. It's almost insane how something csnt be do misconstrued and than allowing people to defame insult without issue. I'm personally sticking to "just sports" and I agree with you after watching for a week-- people have hijacked ultimateknicks in a way to promote political issues -- unless you sit back and watch it's hard to see. At the end of the day this regular forum should be all basketball or sports -- it's 98% friendly and that's the way it should be

BRIGGS you continue to be full of sh@t. No one has hijacked anything. There is only one off topic thread that is political. So you have about a dozen other topics to select if you don't want to deal with that one. If you don't want to talk politics, then don't post in the thread. It is as simple as that.

Trust the Process
smackeddog
10/21/2017  1:26 PM

Think you'll find you defamed and insulted entire races of people

BRIGGS
10/21/2017  4:32 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

While I may have took some heat on the ot board. I was also grossly defamed and continue to be. It's almost insane how something csnt be do misconstrued and than allowing people to defame insult without issue. I'm personally sticking to "just sports" and I agree with you after watching for a week-- people have hijacked ultimateknicks in a way to promote political issues -- unless you sit back and watch it's hard to see. At the end of the day this regular forum should be all basketball or sports

Yeah.

No.

You were continually rebuked and eventually suspended by the owner/moderator of this forum, who seems to have the support of the majority of this forum as being fair and reasonable. While you're suspension gardnered some opposition, it generated a fair amount support as well.

The things you posted were in no way ambiguous and clear as a bell. You've offered no rationale in terms of how they were "misconstrued."

You can't unring a bell. The things that were posted were the literal opposite of "friendly" and were not posted by anyone but you.

I'll make this as clear as day for you. I was sticking up for Trump about "locker room" talk because the reality is most men engage in it. To go from that to insinuating that I have sexually assaulted anyone is insane and highly defamatory. I have never ever ever assaulted anyone in anyway ever. You simply chose to twist my word and reconfigure them into your own fabricated view. now it's unfair at this point to continue with this-- like I said and I'm sure the huge majority of the board agrees-- please keep it to basketball-- as of now you are on my ignore list which is comprised of just 1 person in 16 years-- you. Be fair to others here please and stop your self righteous rants

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
10/21/2017  4:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah.

No.

I'll make this as clear as day for you. I was sticking up for Trump about "locker room" talk because the reality is most men engage in it. To go from that to insinuating that I have sexually assaulted anyone is insane and highly defamatory. I have never ever ever assaulted anyone in anyway ever. You simply chose to twist my word and reconfigure them into your own fabricated view. now it's unfair at this point to continue with this-- like I said and I'm sure the huge majority of the board agrees-- please keep it to basketball-- as of now you are on my ignore list which is comprised of just 1 person in 16 years-- you. Be fair to others here please and stop your self righteous rants

That's not actually true

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57077&page=23

BRIGGS
10/21/2017  5:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah.

No.

That's not actually true

When men and women engage in consensual sex-- yes smackedog it certainly does happen. You're taking a statement and reconfiguring to spin your view without giving me any benefit of doubt or simply asking me. I'm talking about consensual activity. I think Martin tried to say keep it to basketball--so why can't you few so that? Isn't there the it thread for this inane banter?

RIP Crushalot😞
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/21/2017  5:33 PM
I think the direction of this thread is proof of that the OP is correct.
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
10/21/2017  5:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  5:46 PM
There is a reason why certain off-topics are kept on Knicks main blog.
They are important for moderators and majority of the posters.
And they are rather comforting place to pad each other on the shoulder for people with similar views.
When minority posters were posting opposite views in this threads this was annoying and I realized this and stopped posting.
Moving them to off-topic blog should remove the opportunity to see opposite views completely.
So realizing that sport blog is a place to get away from sad realities of live I think it is better not to see them in main blog and so avoid annoying reading posts.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knickoftime

10/21/2017  5:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah.

No.

That's not actually true

When men and women engage in consensual sex-- yes smackedog it certainly does happen. You're taking a statement and reconfiguring to spin your view without giving me any benefit of doubt or simply asking me. I'm talking about consensual activity. I think Martin tried to say keep it to basketball--so why can't you few so that? Isn't there the it thread for this inane banter?

No.

BRIGGS wrote:Almost every man has grabbed a woman by the ***** martin--I think were adult enough to concede it happens.

There is no configuration.

There is no spin.

Those are your words. Plain and clear.

You can try to argue you meant consensually, Everything about those 20 words says otherwise, and that's the whole point.

Consensually you touch, hold or rub. There is no contextual implied consent in "GRAB" ... "BY THE..." That is inherently aggressive, invasive, objectifying terminology. There is nothing affectionate, sexual or playful about it. If you want to get the full context of Trump's words in which he makes it perfectly plain consent is the last thing on his mind, we can do that too.

You go onto show you're on some level aware of that fact. To continue that 'adults would concede IT happens' is completely redundant and superfluous if in context of a consensual act.

One more time.

BRIGGS wrote:Almost every man has grabbed a woman by the ***** martin--I think were adult enough to concede it happens.

To suggest I have defamed you for remembering your exact words in context is defaming me. And to suggest all men have done this, or even to suggest all men have claimed to have done in conversation with other men is you defaming all men.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/21/2017  5:59 PM
Dont sweat it Briggs. You're here for hoops anyway. At least most of us are.
Knickoftime

10/21/2017  6:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Think you'll find you defamed and insulted entire races of people

There's that too.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
10/21/2017  6:47 PM
arkrud wrote:There is a reason why certain off-topics are kept on Knicks main blog.
And they are rather comforting place to pad each other on the shoulder for people with similar views.
When minority posters were posting opposite views in this threads this was annoying and I realized this and stopped posting.
Moving them to off-topic blog should remove the opportunity to see opposite views completely.
So realizing that sport blog is a place to get away from sad realities of live I think it is better not to see them in main blog and so avoid annoying reading posts.

I would also add blog for African American Studies and Progressive Liberal blog.
I see many targeted discussions on this topics. But will it still be a sport blog?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knickoftime

10/21/2017  7:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont sweat it Briggs. You're here for hoops anyway. At least most of us are.

Bear in mind you're referring to the most prolific starter of off-topic threads ever.

But yeah, post-facts society :-)

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/21/2017  8:15 PM
What I want is people who don't want to participate in off topic threads to stop creating bs off topic threads and for them to ignore the one off topic thread that was here so that those who do wish to participate can enjoy the discussion.
Trust the Process
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/21/2017  9:29 PM
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:There is a reason why certain off-topics are kept on Knicks main blog.

I would also add blog for African American Studies and Progressive Liberal blog.
I see many targeted discussions on this topics. But will it still be a sport blog?

This. Why have an off topic category if these things stay? I get that some posters need to have a dopamine hit by attacking others but why can't the off topic take care of that?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/22/2017  8:45 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah.

No.

Briggs was suspended?!
Poll: Should the Off Topic Political Threads Be Moved to the Off Topic Section

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy