10/19/2017  10:21 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/19/2017  10:24 PM
anyone know this guy?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/19/2017  10:40 PM
He's trash. No way he makes in the NBA.
The Future is Bright!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/19/2017  10:40 PM
dime a dozen power fwd
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/19/2017  10:41 PM
Why?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/19/2017  10:41 PM
I am not sure I agree with the way they are using their two way contracts. Kornett is another 5. The Knicks seem pretty set there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/19/2017  10:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I am not sure I agree with the way they are using their two way contracts. Kornett is another 5. The Knicks seem pretty set there.

Very odd unless they have a trade pending or something

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/19/2017  10:53 PM
I dont know if Isiah Hicks represents the way basketball is played now from his position.
If this was 1998--this would be a steal of a move. This is an athletic 4 man who was under rated because he was over shadowed and under utilized on a team that limits minutes for bigs(NC)

The bottom line is he is long well-built and athletic. He was a very good piece of a championship team in college at 6-9 245 so he deserves to play in the D league.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  11:00 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am not sure I agree with the way they are using their two way contracts. Kornett is another 5. The Knicks seem pretty set there.

Very odd unless they have a trade pending or something

Yeah I don’t get it either unless they make a trade.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/20/2017  1:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont know if Isiah Hicks represents the way basketball is played now from his position.
If this was 1998--this would be a steal of a move. This is an athletic 4 man who was under rated because he was over shadowed and under utilized on a team that limits minutes for bigs(NC)

The bottom line is he is long well-built and athletic. He was a very good piece of a championship team in college at 6-9 245 so he deserves to play in the D league.

They need an athletic KOQ with lateral quickness to guard PnR. Everybody will develop a plan to attack either KP or Kanter all night. Both are light weights and slow footed. Bad combination for your bigs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
10/20/2017  1:57 AM
KP will have a problem guarding quick 4s like melo......and big Dwight Howard types.

So u need to pair him with amother big that has more lateral quickness than KP......but a decent scorer. KOQ could be on the move.....but he looked good next to KP. But again.....KOQ is under sized for the 5.....and too slow to guard melo type 4s.

There are too many tweeners on this team.

Noah might be the best defensive big to have next to KP.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/20/2017  8:17 AM
blkexec wrote:KP will have a problem guarding quick 4s like melo......and big Dwight Howard types.

So u need to pair him with amother big that has more lateral quickness than KP......but a decent scorer. KOQ could be on the move.....but he looked good next to KP. But again.....KOQ is under sized for the 5.....and too slow to guard melo type 4s.

There are too many tweeners on this team.

Noah might be the best defensive big to have next to KP.

and he can't shoot
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/20/2017  9:30 AM
Isaiah Hicks was one of the top HS recruits going into his frosh year... that said, I'm not excited. At all. UNC is a team that bucks the trend in college hoops in that they produce with upperclassmen. I'm not against the right senior, but this guy was not all that important. What's his upside? Travis Wear?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
reub
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  9:56 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont know if Isiah Hicks represents the way basketball is played now from his position.

If Phil had signed Hicks we would have heard crying about how Phil is senile and living in the past blah blah blah because Hicks doesn't fit with the modern game. Perry seems to get a pass around here for some reason even though he brought us Sessions and Jack.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2017  10:48 AM
He was undrafted.
So of course nobody here is excited.
He has not done anything to warrant Hype. He is fundamentally sound as part of a good basketball program that produced a championship team.
So he is good Gleague fodder. The kid needs to play, work on his game.
Of course we are going to make a trade, we have noah coming back and Willy can't get off the bench because new emphisis on Defense.
Im sure some of you are horrified that this somehow lowers Willys trade value if in fact he is on the block. Guess what folks,
there is plenty of video to support that that other GM's already have seen.
Regarding Hicks and the knicks......Actually has a nice ring to it. "Isiah KNICKS".......
If your expecting to get any level of excitement from a waiver signing then your "Looking for love in all the wrong places...."
If you watch GLeague games there are plenty of these bigs who get on the cusp. These are the kind of Guys Briggs talks about, Hassan Whiteside, Christion Wood, etc that sometimes just need more time. The KOQ's you want to develop. Fact is, this is how you rebuild. No telling if Hicks turns out.
If it was "This is a Gaines guy" some of you might be super excited. We don't know do we?
He was waived for a reason. He was undrafted, likely Jordan had him in camp as a favor to the program (good recruitment story for Roy) and then is networked to teams that have spots open and his work in camp warrants a Gleague deal. Thats all this is.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/20/2017  10:52 AM
reub wrote:

If Phil had signed Hicks we would have heard crying about how Phil is senile and living in the past blah blah blah because Hicks doesn't fit with the modern game. Perry seems to get a pass around here for some reason even though he brought us Sessions and Jack.

yeah, but.. but.. but...... but.................

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2017  11:18 AM
reub wrote:

I think there was an assumption that Melo in a deal would return a guard of some value. Sessions is ok.
Frank is the heir apparent, but this will take time.
Better this than commit money and minutes to someone else?

Knicks are signing Isiah Hicks to a two way contract

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy