[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should We Claim Wade Baldwin Off Of Waivers?
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/18/2017  4:08 PM
TripleThreat wrote:And guess what, if you have an OFF TOPIC thread about politics, odds are, you are gonna hear some **** you don't agree with and don't like. Trying to censor one or a few dudes for their views, no matter how off the wall to others, but not others, that doesn't make much sense to me either.

One more time, I haven't mentioned anything political. I don't know where you are getting that from.

If I was Wade Baldwin's mother, I'd slap the ever living **** out of some of you.

If you were Baldwin's mother, I'd imagine you'd feel very unwelcome and uncomfortable here.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/18/2017  4:28 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Martin and Andrew created this site for bball talk though. They don't really have a obligation to hold people accountable for their political views.

I would in no way advocate anyone being removed from the forum for political views either. I enjoy the political threats, because I actually like discussing issues like this with people I don't agree with.

Neither of the things I've referenced is a "political view." That is my whole point. It's frightening that we're now reasoning that what is or isn't assaulting a woman is now defined by your political ideology.

I mean, wtf?

I feel you. For me personally, I don't believe Briggs sexually assaults women. I also don't believe he personally condones sexually assaulting women. I feel he misspoke. I believe Trump has probably sexually assaulted women. And Briggs was a jackass for defending him. I don't feel that Briggs believes that Trump actually sexually assaults women though and was only looking to downplay Trumps comments. I think when Briggs was saying "we all have grabbed women by the *****". I feel he was more so speaking on we as men probably all have used "locker room talk" in terms of speaking about women in a sexual manner. And not that we all literally run around grabbing women by the *****.

Its probably because its toooo insane for me to believe that he genuinely believes and acted otherwise. And speaking with Briggs over the years he is prone to misspeak. I am guilty myself of doing so. Sometimes I look back at a previous post and say damn that really didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

Yea I am giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt. You aren't obligated to offer the same. For the most part here on the boards over the years Briggs has been a stand up guy. Old and stubborn maybe. I think we can all move on from this subject and use it as growth.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/18/2017  4:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Have we used up our two-way player allotment yet?

Were only at 16. I guess the bottom line is we are a rebuilding franchise and these types of moves make sense. When he came into the league--I thought hed be a poor mans Westbrook. The schmeal here is what can we offer--nothing in 2018 1st or 2nd rd. The best we can do is the 2020 2nd rd or a player swap with --say Oquinn.

He was waived. We don't need to offer anything. He just would have to clear waivers and choose to come to NY.

But is alarming that a team would waive a 2nd yr first round pick with G-league options. He has nice physical tools but does he know how to play bball?

If you saw this guy--right now hed be a junior 6-4 PG watch the whole video--where would you put him? In a faster system than Memphis he could be much different.

It doesn't matter what any of these kids do in college though cause it's a whole different game in the NBA that even some of the best players in college can't handle which is why so many of these kids that get draft anywhere in the draft don't make it. I still think he'd be worth bringing in so our coaches can put him through whatever drills with our guys but there has to be a reason why Memphis cut him. None of these NBA coaches or front office people are idiots.

Knickoftime

10/18/2017  4:53 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Martin and Andrew created this site for bball talk though. They don't really have a obligation to hold people accountable for their political views.

I would in no way advocate anyone being removed from the forum for political views either. I enjoy the political threats, because I actually like discussing issues like this with people I don't agree with.

Neither of the things I've referenced is a "political view." That is my whole point. It's frightening that we're now reasoning that what is or isn't assaulting a woman is now defined by your political ideology.

I mean, wtf?

I feel you. For me personally, I don't believe Briggs sexually assaults women. I also don't believe he personally condones sexually assaulting women. I feel he misspoke. I believe Trump has probably sexually assaulted women. And Briggs was a jackass for defending him. I don't feel that Briggs believes that Trump actually sexually assaults women though and was only looking to downplay Trumps comments. I think when Briggs was saying "we all have grabbed women by the *****". I feel he was more so speaking on we as men probably all have used "locker room talk" in terms of speaking about women in a sexual manner. And not that we all literally run around grabbing women by the *****.

Its probably because its toooo insane for me to believe that he genuinely believes and acted otherwise. And speaking with Briggs over the years he is prone to misspeak. I am guilty myself of doing so. Sometimes I look back at a previous post and say damn that really didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

Yea I am giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt. You aren't obligated to offer the same. For the most part here on the boards over the years Briggs has been a stand up guy. Old and stubborn maybe. I think we can all move on from this subject and use it as growth.

You're right I have no reason to assume he didn't mean what he wrote. And I think the assumption that "that otherwise cool guy I know couldn't do that" is part of the larger problem.

There is NOTHING unclear about his stance on racism, which is it does not exist in any way that affects anyone of color, which again isn't political, it's sociopathic.

And as he very genuinely believes I'm Steve mills, I don't put anything past the guy.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/18/2017  5:50 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I mean, wtf?

You're right I have no reason to assume he didn't mean what he wrote. And I think the assumption that "that otherwise cool guy I know couldn't do that" is part of the larger problem.

There is NOTHING unclear about his stance on racism, which is it does not exist in any way that affects anyone of color, which again isn't political, it's sociopathic.

And as he very genuinely believes I'm Steve mills, I don't put anything past the guy.

Steve, your not fooling anyone give it up.

He has to live with himself if he is someone who has sexually assaulted women and/or has acted out on racial biases and prejudices within his life. And I would feel sorry for him and the people who he affected if this was the case.

I don't know if he has previous charges on his rap sheet regarding his treatment of women. Or other than voting for Trump(though that could be argued he cared more about how it affected him financially) if the views that he displayed here towards people of color were put into action in some capacity.

Maybe I am being naive but these are extreme possibilities to me for me to assume. If he is a POS then I agree he deserves to be treated like one. If he is just misguided then its different. And I can't say I have enough data to come to a rock solid conclusion.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/18/2017  5:51 PM
Briggs is back. Nothing more to debate.
Knickoftime

10/19/2017  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/19/2017  10:46 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Briggs is back. Nothing more to debate.

Who said there was a debate?

In every post to Martin I acknowledge his singular authority on the matter. I just find it instructive to watch people bend over backwards to ignore, minimize or rationalize the sociopathic things posted and think it's a discredit to this forum.

reub
Member: #6227

10/19/2017  12:09 PM
Basketball talk please!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/19/2017  12:15 PM
So this Baldwin kid is still unsigned? I haven’t heard anything.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/19/2017  12:21 PM
nixluva wrote:So this Baldwin kid is still unsigned? I haven’t heard anything.

we don't have room anyway

ES
nixluva
USA
10/19/2017  1:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Then why the reports of Knicks having interest? Seems like they at least have some kind of plan to bring him in.

reub
Member: #6227

10/19/2017  4:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

We would have room if we cut Jack though.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2017  4:36 PM
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We would have room if we cut Jack though.

Not really, Jack only has roster spot cause Noah is suspended for first 12 games.

Knicks do have 1 more 2-way contract to use.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
10/19/2017  6:52 PM
Should We Claim Wade Baldwin Off Of Waivers?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy