[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  12:52 AM
Scott Perry gave us Sessions and Jack. He gets two demerits.
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/20/2017  12:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  12:57 AM
nixluva wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:KP WAS A BEAST. He deserved better from his teammates tonight.
His teammates were playing up to their skill level

KP was not a beast having Grant defend him the majority of the night.
We want our star-scorer to do the majority of his scoring in the 2nd half of the game! Not the first half of the game .. that's the reason Westbrook n Paul George welcome Melo to the OKC, because Melo do all his scoring in the first half of the game .. the reason we Knick Fans were LOSERS under the Melo era

KP was doing this WITHOUT help. No PG help and sloppy turnovers all game. I think you need to get off this KP HATE thing you’ve been on cuz you sound real SALTY and wrong!

There's no hate for KP .. There's only poor development in KP performance .. I was happy to see KP finally pass the ball to get a dime from Mcderm late in the 4th qtr. great pass! To bad KP rarely does it.
Scouting reports on this game bout the 7.3 KP puts the ball on the floor 9 out of every 10 touches will hurt the Knicks badly this season because KP will average 25 to 30 shots a game. How much did KP score in the first half compared to what he scored in the 2nd half of the game? In the first quarter KP was shooting at 60%

TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/20/2017  2:21 AM
Willy needs to start at center while Kanter provided primary scoring on the 2nd group with McDermott.

I would give Kuz the shot to start at the 3. Would prefer Lee off the bench which is not a slight towards him but he’d lead that 2nd unit and help them with their defensive shortcomings.

Frankie needs to start and learn as he goes.

The rotation I’d like to see is as follows:

Pg: Frank, Baker, Sessions
Sg: THJr, Lee
Sf: Kuz, McDermott, Dotson
Pf: KP, Oquinn
C: Willy, Kantor

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/20/2017  4:07 AM
TLover wrote:Willy needs to start at center while Kanter provided primary scoring on the 2nd group with McDermott.

I would give Kuz the shot to start at the 3. Would prefer Lee off the bench which is not a slight towards him but he’d lead that 2nd unit and help them with their defensive shortcomings.

Frank just ain’t ready - stranger in a strange land. Lee started as coach correctly saw need for stable 2 way. That’s why Thomas played too. When Baker played, he, McDeemott contributes little as did frank. I think Noah will See starting time to showcase him and to Shore things up inside. Kantor will soon be forced to wear those little matador hats.

Kp is out there battling and playing above everyone else. Melo scored but at a piss poor percentage which is now part of his brand. 20 games in there will be change and Dotson will See time.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/20/2017  6:34 AM
TLover wrote:Willy needs to start at center while Kanter provided primary scoring on the 2nd group with McDermott.

The 3 spot is a train wreck no matter who plays. Hopefully teams will play small and Lee can get out there and be effective. Hardaway did not look good but he was out there against some very good defenders
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/20/2017  6:35 AM
Hornachek may be using O'Quinn for trade purposes. If Willy plays, O'Quinn is out of the rotation. The trade offers will be far lower. Although I think this is also about preseason, O'Quinn outplayed Willy. Willy is not a great defender or roller. This coaching staff wants the bigs to be more physical and roll harder.

OKC at home will beat all the teams in the league. They are an elite team. Probably top 3 in the West, top 4 in the league.

It's ok we got beat up. I liked what I saw from Porzingis. I think he looked stronger, more physically capable and his moves were closer to the basket. He is fully mentally prepared to take this role on. You can sense it.

Kanter had a tough game, but OKC knew his game well. He will be valuable as a scorer. We will always have a mismatch either with Kanter or KP. Just need time. I like them starting together. Give it time.
I see nothing from THj that makes me think he was a great signing. He's an average starting SG and we've overpaid. But he is young and could still get better.
Sessions should not be starting over Baker or Frank. Need Frank or Baker to be out there to get more passes and more of a real PG feel. Even though none of our PG's are scoring threats, with Ron and Frank we see some deliberate and real effort to get the ball and run the offense.

It was the turnovers that did us in. Clearly the team is not ready. I could tell this in preseason. However once these guys get the offense better and know how to play with each other better, I think the talent is there. I think we have a really strong frontline with KP, Kanter, Willy and Noah when he gets back. We have good shooting wings in THJ, CLee and McDermott. The PG spot is a weakness until Frank or Ron step up as starters (if they can).

I think we'll be better than most people think. Last year's team had more scoring talent, 3 stars in Rose/Melo/KP and we got blown out the same way on opening night in Cleveland. Give it time. I think this team is no worse than last year's team and has a slight chance to be better because of depth and better team chemistry.

My rotation eventually would be though

Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Thomas
CLee/McDermott
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Frank

Don't see the sense in playing Sessions as a starter.

Jmpasq

10/20/2017  6:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  6:58 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek may be using O'Quinn for trade purposes. If Willy plays, O'Quinn is out of the rotation. The trade offers will be far lower. Although I think this is also about preseason, O'Quinn outplayed Willy. Willy is not a great defender or roller. This coaching staff wants the bigs to be more physical and roll harder.

OKC at home will beat all the teams in the league. They are an elite team. Probably top 3 in the West, top 4 in the league.

It's ok we got beat up. I liked what I saw from Porzingis. I think he looked stronger, more physically capable and his moves were closer to the basket. He is fully mentally prepared to take this role on. You can sense it.

Kanter had a tough game, but OKC knew his game well. He will be valuable as a scorer. We will always have a mismatch either with Kanter or KP. Just need time. I like them starting together. Give it time.
I see nothing from THj that makes me think he was a great signing. He's an average starting SG and we've overpaid. But he is young and could still get better.
Sessions should not be starting over Baker or Frank. Need Frank or Baker to be out there to get more passes and more of a real PG feel. Even though none of our PG's are scoring threats, with Ron and Frank we see some deliberate and real effort to get the ball and run the offense.

It was the turnovers that did us in. Clearly the team is not ready. I could tell this in preseason. However once these guys get the offense better and know how to play with each other better, I think the talent is there. I think we have a really strong frontline with KP, Kanter, Willy and Noah when he gets back. We have good shooting wings in THJ, CLee and McDermott. The PG spot is a weakness until Frank or Ron step up as starters (if they can).

I think we'll be better than most people think. Last year's team had more scoring talent, 3 stars in Rose/Melo/KP and we got blown out the same way on opening night in Cleveland. Give it time. I think this team is no worse than last year's team and has a slight chance to be better because of depth and better team chemistry.

Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Thomas
CLee/McDermott
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Frank

The thing I didn't like was the minutes. Do we really want him out there 38 Minutes a night? I think thats a recipe for disaster and considering he and the 2018 pick are the best things the Knicks have, we should probably be careful not wear him down.

I know a lot of people like Frank here but watching Smith dribble and drive through the Hawks like a young Derrick Rose made me sick. Frank looked putrid and did nothing to quell my fears that he can actually play PG in this league. I guess I have to listen to "he is young", and its "his rookie year" all season long while superior rookies drafted after us contribute. If I had seen anything on his tape that led me to believe he is going to be as good as some of you think he would will be I'd ease off, but I didn't see anything meriting that high of a selection.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/20/2017  6:52 AM
This was game #1 on the road against a team with the reigning MVP, three all-stars and title aspirations. Calm down. This is not the game to gauge this team by. We may suck, but this wasn't the game to make that determination.

Now if we look good at home against Detroit watch people start screaming playoffs, lol!

Gudris
Member: #6213

10/20/2017  6:54 AM

38 minutes is because Dolan said he wants a superstar in a Garden, so they will do everything to help KP rise as a superstar

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/20/2017  7:38 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek may be using O'Quinn for trade purposes. If Willy plays, O'Quinn is out of the rotation. The trade offers will be far lower. Although I think this is also about preseason, O'Quinn outplayed Willy. Willy is not a great defender or roller. This coaching staff wants the bigs to be more physical and roll harder.

Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Thomas
CLee/McDermott
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Frank

You want Baker as the starting PG? Do you see how bad he is? His handle is awful.Passes are poor. I don't understand people who think Baker is anything close to a starting PG in this league. Can't dribble for a pg. Shot is bad. Defense, hustle ok. Career backup at best. Frankie looked bad last night. Hopefully its the rust from not playing. Our worst nightmare was seen last night. No penetration, terrible shot. Willing to give him some time but Dennis Smith looks like a player.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/20/2017  7:40 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Thomas
CLee/McDermott
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Frank

The thing I didn't like was the minutes. Do we really want him out there 38 Minutes a night? I think thats a recipe for disaster and considering he and the 2018 pick are the best things the Knicks have, we should probably be careful not wear him down.

I know a lot of people like Frank here but watching Smith dribble and drive through the Hawks like a young Derrick Rose made me sick. Frank looked putrid and did nothing to quell my fears that he can actually play PG in this league. I guess I have to listen to "he is young", and its "his rookie year" all season long while superior rookies drafted after us contribute. If I had seen anything on his tape that led me to believe he is going to be as good as some of you think he would will be I'd ease off, but I didn't see anything meriting that high of a selection.

I am ill this morning too. Hopefully we don't regret Frankie over Smith for the next 10yrs

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/20/2017  7:59 AM
Kemet wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:KP WAS A BEAST. He deserved better from his teammates tonight.
His teammates were playing up to their skill level

KP was not a beast having Grant defend him the majority of the night.
We want our star-scorer to do the majority of his scoring in the 2nd half of the game! Not the first half of the game .. that's the reason Westbrook n Paul George welcome Melo to the OKC, because Melo do all his scoring in the first half of the game .. the reason we Knick Fans were LOSERS under the Mel0

KP was doing this WITHOUT help. No PG help and sloppy turnovers all game. I think you need to get off this KP HATE thing you’ve been on cuz you sound real SALTY and wrong!

There's no hate for KP .. There's only poor development in KP performance .. I was happy to see KP finally pass the ball to get a dime from Mcderm late in the 4th qtr. great pass! To bad KP rarely does it.
Scouting reports on this game bout the 7.3 KP puts the ball on the floor 9 out of every 10 touches will hurt the Knicks badly this season because KP will average 25 to 30 shots a game. How much did KP score in the first half compared to what he scored in the 2nd half of the game? In the first quarter KP was shooting at 60%

Dude the kid finished 31 and 12 rebounds it’s also not his fault for getting a quarter of touches in the second half compared to the first it’s the coaches that need to remind the players who deserves the ball most. KP is a super star in the making, he’s also just a kid, again coaches need to make sure he touches the ball every time down the court like the first half, the second half it’s like they forgot who there super star was and gave the ball to all the scrubs to chuck away. We need to stay course and give KP the ball as much as possible.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/20/2017  8:15 AM

Agree about Frank. He needs to learn on the court. Not a fan of Kuz. Just dont think his defense is any good. Probably not showing much in practice. Strange that Willy is not getting any run. Really liked his game last year. Also want to see if Dotson can contribute on the second unit. However, think it's way too early to start judging anyone.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Jmpasq

10/20/2017  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  8:22 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Agree about Frank. He needs to learn on the court. Not a fan of Kuz. Just dont think his defense is any good. Probably not showing much in practice. Strange that Willy is not getting any run. Really liked his game last year. Also want to see if Dotson can contribute on the second unit. However, think it's way too early to start judging anyone.

Maybe Kanter played more because he played in OKC, I hope so at least. I guess because of Willys contract we have time and there isnt much he can do. We can play the other guys so we can move them and start Willy in the 2nd half. I'm really worried about our guards, they all looked terrible

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/20/2017  8:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  8:43 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Maybe Kanter played more because he played in OKC, I hope so at least. I guess because of Willys contract we have time and there isnt much he can do. We can play the other guys so we can move them and start Willy in the 2nd half. I'm really worried about our guards, they all looked terrible

Was thinking that as well. However, JH has been consistent most of pre season. Likes Kanter and KO. Guess we are not seeing what he sees in practice. Dont get me started on PG. Don't want to go on another Smith rant. However, The PG position is the toughest position to transition to on a new team. Think it will take some time as all our guys are new. Frank is new to this continent. It will take a while. KP looked good. Think we need Woodson back to feed him the ball. Lol Was disappointed to see Beasley hurt. Think he adds that extra threat offensively on first unit.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/20/2017  8:34 AM
What I see is that there was lack of passing. Who ever got the ball shot. I don’t like Kanternstarting he doesn’t have vision. Willie needs to start and Lee need to be out of the lineup too. Beasley should have started. They have to create a passing culture. It will take time ntlikina needs to play more I don’t understand what Jeff is doing I think he is an clueless coach. In the NBA you have to know which games are winnable and which ones are not. The was a golden opportunity to throw Ntlikina into the fire, and get experience good or bad. This would have been a great opportunity for Ntlikina to learn about speed of game against one of the fastest player.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/20/2017  8:36 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

agreed its only one game. I also agree that frank needs to play even through mistakes...its the only way you learn
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2017  8:46 AM
Vmart wrote:What I see is that there was lack of passing. Who ever got the ball shot. I don’t like Kanternstarting he doesn’t have vision. Willie needs to start and Lee need to be out of the lineup too. Beasley should have started. They have to create a passing culture. It will take time ntlikina needs to play more I don’t understand what Jeff is doing I think he is an clueless coach. In the NBA you have to know which games are winnable and which ones are not. The was a golden opportunity to throw Ntlikina into the fire, and get experience good or bad. This would have been a great opportunity for Ntlikina to learn about speed of game against one of the fastest player.

Disagree. Thats the last thing you want to do to a teenage rookie, new to the USA, as well as the NBA. Throwing him into the fire, getting posterized, embarassed by Westbrook, would not have done anything for Frank's confidence, which is just as important as his physical health.

Say what you want about Hornacek's game plan overall, but I agree 100 percent with him not asking Frank to do too much too soon.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/20/2017  9:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:What I see is that there was lack of passing. Who ever got the ball shot. I don’t like Kanternstarting he doesn’t have vision. Willie needs to start and Lee need to be out of the lineup too. Beasley should have started. They have to create a passing culture. It will take time ntlikina needs to play more I don’t understand what Jeff is doing I think he is an clueless coach. In the NBA you have to know which games are winnable and which ones are not. The was a golden opportunity to throw Ntlikina into the fire, and get experience good or bad. This would have been a great opportunity for Ntlikina to learn about speed of game against one of the fastest player.

Disagree. Thats the last thing you want to do to a teenage rookie, new to the USA, as well as the NBA. Throwing him into the fire, getting posterized, embarassed by Westbrook, would not have done anything for Frank's confidence, which is just as important as his physical health.

Say what you want about Hornacek's game plan overall, but I agree 100 percent with him not asking Frank to do too much too soon.

You make valid points. Maybe increased usage in increments might be a good way for Ntlikina. But Instill think Willie should be starting and Beasley too.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2017  9:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  9:20 AM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You make valid points. Maybe increased usage in increments might be a good way for Ntlikina. But Instill think Willie should be starting and Beasley too.

Dont know what the deal is with Willy either. Havent seen enough this season to say if he should start or not, but Willy definitely should be getting more burn. This might have been about making the new guys feel welcome. Hope this isnt a glimpse of the future.

Game thread: "Knicks now KP, the boy wonder, take on Melo and the Thunder"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy