[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lance & KOQ- Teams have Intersert
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/11/2017  8:40 AM
According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, the Knicks may have an opportunity to clear up some of the confusion due to the trade interest that Thomas is generating.

…it’s worth noting that teams have expressed interest in O’Quinn and Thomas in the weeks leading up to the preseason, per league sources.

Thomas could be of great value to the Knicks, but the surplus of small forwards may have changed the outlook of the organization.

Thomas, 29, is the oldest of the small forwards who are currently on the roster. Beasley, 28, and McDermott, 25, are on expiring deals, but the latter will be a restricted free agent in 2018 and the former was signed to alleviate the scoring burden from Kristaps Porzingis.

Thomas, meanwhile, is the best defender of the three, and has the positional versatility to play and defend the 4.

Due to the fact that he’s struggled to overcome injures during his NBA career, however, Thomas may prove to be the odd man out.

It’s worth noting that, when he’s been healthy, Thomas has provided quality two-way contributions. He was the glue guy for the Knicks in 2015-16, and shot 42.3 percent from beyond the arc between 2015-16 and 2016-17.

There’s no telling if New York is willing to part ways with Thomas, but if it decides to trade him, it could clear as much as $7,119,650 from the books in 2018

Absolute no brainer, you wont get a 1st round for either, but I'm not sure why this hasn't happen yet when we have a log jam at both positions. knowing how fragile Lance is, waiting might not be a good Idea, plus he is playing nothing like he did in his contract yr. Despite his work ethic, his shooting has nose dive, and his defensive is avg at best..

hopefully we could either clear up cap, or get a better back up pg

ES
AUTOADVERT
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
10/11/2017  8:50 AM
Hopefully we get a 2 way player back, someone like harkless.

I am against treading lee though, as you need to have Vets in the locker to help make the learning curve faster.

Vets like sessions amd lee should stay in the roster. Trade lee during the deadline.

knicks1248
10/11/2017  8:54 AM
unstopaball12 wrote:Hopefully we get a 2 way player back, someone like harkless.

I am against treading lee though, as you need to have Vets in the locker to help make the learning curve faster.

Vets like sessions amd lee should stay in the roster. Trade lee during the deadline.

Or someone who can defend, I would even consider throwing in willy if we can get back a 1st rounder

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/11/2017  8:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
unstopaball12 wrote:Hopefully we get a 2 way player back, someone like harkless.

Or someone who can defend, I would even consider throwing in willy if we can get back a 1st rounder

Trade everyone but the unicorn and Nitti! Give me first rounders! That's the process, right?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/11/2017  9:05 AM
We have a surplus? Our problem is we have a bunch of marginal players with question marks. Why trade LT when we know when healthy he is a legit defender and great team player.

I love KOQ, and think he would want to stay long term. He can be happy in a role and productive. You need guys like him.

I know he has value, but not sure I would trade him.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/11/2017  9:19 AM
franco12 wrote:We have a surplus? Our problem is we have a bunch of marginal players with question marks. Why trade LT when we know when healthy he is a legit defender and great team player.

I love KOQ, and think he would want to stay long term. He can be happy in a role and productive. You need guys like him.

this is like the Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry Knicks... we were always deeper than the other team. The problem was always the other team almost definitely had the best three players, if not the best 4, 5 or 6

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/11/2017  9:28 AM
franco12 wrote:We have a surplus? Our problem is we have a bunch of marginal players with question marks. Why trade LT when we know when healthy he is a legit defender and great team player.

I'm the opposite, I hate KOQ. He makes some nice plays here and there but he has the most bone-headed mistakes too that absolutely kill the team. Not for me

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2017  9:57 AM
martin wrote:

I'm the opposite, I hate KOQ. He makes some nice plays here and there but he has the most bone-headed mistakes too that absolutely kill the team. Not for me

KOQ is all of this and above. He's a cool guy. I used too live near his high school during the time he was there. Whatever... we have too many centers. He's the odd man out.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/11/2017  9:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  10:24 AM
I wonder if we could ever get SAC to trade Frank Mason III. There's a guy I really wanted in this last draft. I know Vlade really likes him a lot. Was never sure about Frank N. as a full-time PG to begin with + he's hurt all the time now AND I don't like the depth we have behind him at all.

Cat Barber's a guy I feel we should be keeping an eye on. Played in the D League last year, then signed on to play in Italy. Very good scorer with decent enough passing skills. I think this dude would be an excellent backup PG.

It's real early but as of right now, I really like this kid Thomas Wilder in next summer's draft for us -- 6'3" PG from Western Michigan. Very good shooter with size/strength, a killer crossover and a real quick 1st step.

Quality PG depth moving forward looks to be a real concern right now.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2017  10:00 AM
I think Lance is a bum. He's not rotation worthy. Beasley, Dotson and McDermott make him obsolete
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2017  10:05 AM
knicks124.. you often complain about the young Knicks and how they cant develop in a losing environment, yet here you are looking to trade two of the pros who are all about the things you want your young players to emulate. Hard work, play defense, improve your game... KOQ and Lance (include Lee as well) are not star NBA players, but they are good roster guys, good pros and the type of guys the Spurs seem to surround their impact players with.

These are the guys you want your young players to beat out for rotation minutes. The practice and play the right way. So knicks124, in your absolutely "no brainer" opinion what kind of players are you looking to get back?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
10/11/2017  10:15 AM
aint no one interested in Lance Thomas ... pure MSG propaganda
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/11/2017  10:28 AM
Finestrg wrote:I wonder if we could ever get SAC to trade Frank Mason III. There's a guy I really wanted in this last draft. I know Vlade really likes him a lot. Was never sure about Frank N. as a full-time PG to begin with + he's hurt all the time now AND I don't like the depth we have behind him at all.

Cat Barber's a guy I feel we should be keeping an eye on. Played in the D League last year, then signed on to play in Italy. Very good scorer with decent enough passing skills. I think this dude would be an excellent backup PG.

It's real early but as of right now, I really like this kid Thomas Wilder in next summer's draft for us -- 6'3" PG from Western Michigan. Very good shooter with size/strength, a killer crossover and a real quick 1st step.

This is a weird take for me. You are not sure about Frank N but the Knicks sure like him, and Baker too. They drafted one kid at #8 and gave the other a ridiculous contract.

And they absolutely signed Sessions as a mentor and are hoping Jack can do the same.

And you are suggesting we trade KOQ (or LT) because of the depth issue at C... to create a depth issue at PG? Does that make sense?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/11/2017  10:32 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

this is like the Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry Knicks... we were always deeper than the other team. The problem was always the other team almost definitely had the best three players, if not the best 4, 5 or 6

Opposing players were always having career nights against us too... but then again, that’s been happening since.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
10/11/2017  10:40 AM
martin wrote:

+10000

and it usually happens right he does something good, like bad pass, lazy defense, questionable shot selection.

and im just done with lance, actually the both of those guys are super inconsistent

ES
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/11/2017  11:30 AM
I found this from last year...

https://clipperholics.com/2016/07/04/clippers-rumors-l-a-made-an-offer-to-lance-thomas/

The Timberwolves, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder and Pelicans are interested, and Thomas has received at least two offers that would slightly top what the Knicks can do.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/11/2017  11:35 AM
martin wrote:

Agree. He looks great in 5-10 mins of action but the more he plays you see the boneheaded plays. Also it seems to me that he never hustles down court. Always just jogs.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
10/11/2017  11:37 AM
LT needs to go. I like KOQ, but he doesn't seem to be able to take his game to the next level. A nice backup, not a starter.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/11/2017  11:42 AM
and by the way...intersert sounds painful and dirty
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/11/2017  12:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2017  12:39 PM
martin wrote:
Finestrg wrote:I wonder if we could ever get SAC to trade Frank Mason III. There's a guy I really wanted in this last draft. I know Vlade really likes him a lot. Was never sure about Frank N. as a full-time PG to begin with + he's hurt all the time now AND I don't like the depth we have behind him at all.

This is a weird take for me. You are not sure about Frank N but the Knicks sure like him, and Baker too. They drafted one kid at #8 and gave the other a ridiculous contract.

And they absolutely signed Sessions as a mentor and are hoping Jack can do the same.

And you are suggesting we trade KOQ (or LT) because of the depth issue at C... to create a depth issue at PG? Does that make sense?

What's so hard to understand? I have a guarded, concerned view about Frank Ntilikina as an NBA PG and the lack of depth at the PG position for this team moving forward in general. Thought I've been pretty clear about it but I'll attempt to explain further.. What do we really know about Nitty when you get right down to it? He's very young and may never be a true PG. If you and some others don't want to concede that possibility, that's fine. I like being optimistic as much as anyone around here, you know that...but...I think you have to concede that possibility, as much as no one wishes for it, starting with me. Maybe FN winds up being an all-star --OR-- maybe he winds up better off the ball in the NBA, who knows? Look at Iman Shumpert, a guy the Knicks were billing as a big ball-handling guard in the NBA when they made that pick but after awhile in actuality, Shumpert proved he was no lead guard--he's showed he's a SG, and not too good a SG at that... I understand the Knicks like Nitty and he appears to have talent but the guy who was ultimately responsible for drafting him is no longer here now, another thing that doesn't quite sit well with me.

When Mills and co. came out after Phil's departure and openly endorsed Frank with the pick, were they being completely truthful there or were they spinning some damage control (still have no clue why, if they knew they were going to cut the cord with Phil, they let him draft a player. Made no sense to me at all. ZERO). AND the kid's been hurt--not his fault at all and I feel for him, believe me, but it's taken away opportunities to get a good look at him from a fan's point of view going back to SL. All together, a bit concerning no?

I said at the time of acquisition of both players -- Sessions and Jack do very little for me. Neither guy was that great a player to begin with and neither guy will (or should) be retained for more than this year. Both guys are ultra short term -- Jack may not even last past the pre-season. Probably won't, esp. after the Trey Burke pickup, which, incidentally, I openly endorsed about a week or 2 ago with my own thread on him. Nice to see they picked him up. He makes much more sense to me than either Sessions or Jack. If we're gonna lose and lose big this year, I want to see big-time player development at all positions including PG, not Sessions or Jack running around out there taking playing time away from Nitty or now, Trey Burke. Why not go with 2 young PGs with potential this year? Sacramento's doing that with De'Aaron Fox and Frank Mason, right? I'd like to see us do the same thing here with Nitty and Burke. And if Nitty does prove he's not NBA PG material, we now have Trey Burke who, hopefully, we keep and attempt to develop ALONG WITH Ntilikina. There's still plenty of potential there with Burke.. Hope that's the plan. If so, I like it.

Lance & KOQ- Teams have Intersert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy