[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The quiet Baker....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2017  11:35 AM
Did he sign his contract? Has he been playing, playing well?
Not much written or hyped about here or TT I have seen....
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/9/2017  11:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  11:49 AM
I think he's been hurt, right? I believe he's expected back tonight against the Rockets..

What's the deal with the other injured players -- KP, McDermott, Beasley, Frank? I'm tellin' ya -- if we can get everyone healthy, on the same page with a set rotation, this has a chance to be a halfway decent season. I actually like the roster. Pretty damn good roster with a lot pieces that look to fit well together on paper, surprising for a rebuilding/transitioning team. I just wish we had a little more going for us at PG to go along with Nitty, someone like a Trey Burke or a Frank Mason, but overall I like this roster..

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2017  11:53 AM
Finestrg wrote:I think he's been hurt, right? I believe he's expected back tonight against the Rockets..

What's the deal with the other injured players -- KP, McDermott, Beasley, Frank? I'm tellin' ya -- if we can get everyone healthy, on the same page with a set rotation, this has a chance to be a halfway decent season. I actually like the roster. Pretty damn good roster with a lot pieces that look to fit well together on paper, surprising for a rebuilding/transitioning team. I just wish we had a little more going for us at PG to go along with Nitty, someone like a Trey Burke or a Frank Mason, but overall I like this roster..

Is Burke in camp with anyone? The Knicks chose Jack over him. I think he was going to sign with a team but backed out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/9/2017  12:44 PM
his hair is embarrassing.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/9/2017  1:28 PM
more embarrassing than Lin's?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/9/2017  1:33 PM
Finestrg wrote:I think he's been hurt, right? I believe he's expected back tonight against the Rockets..

Pretty damn good roster that can't play a lick of defense, except for maybe two highlight accidental steals per preseason loss? Still, I like your enthusiasm, which I guess is based on offensive firepower on paper?

I agree with your PG assessment. Lebron gets Wade in his backcourt and we get Jarret Jack... life as a Knick fan...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2017  1:45 PM
Seems like the Knicks have big plans for Baker and Nitty. That's why they added such weak Vets as Sessions and Jack. I can understand their thinking on this.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/9/2017  1:49 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Pretty damn good roster that can't play a lick of defense, except for maybe two highlight accidental steals per preseason loss? Still, I like your enthusiasm, which I guess is based on offensive firepower on paper?

I agree with your PG assessment. Lebron gets Wade in his backcourt and we get Jarret Jack... life as a Knick fan...

tonight when the rockets hit 60 3's on us, maybe some of you will start to get the picture.

we have a horrendous cast of a defenders, and the coaching staff is equally bad

Off all these Knicks rotation players -- Porzingis, Kanter, McDermott, Beasley, Willy Hernangomez, Courtney Lee, Joakim Noah and Lance Thomas - none posted a defensive rating last season lower than 107.7. That's in the bottom 35 percent of the league.

Optically, it doesn't help that Hornacek is known for being an offensive coach, and guided New York to the worst defensive rating in the NBA last season. He also sits in the untenable position of being the last guy's hire. Mills and Perry inherited the two years left of the coach's deal, and they've set a mandate of hustle and defense.Good luck with this roster.

It's hypocritical for Perry and president Steve Mills to declare defense as central to their new identity, and then acquire Tim Hardaway Jr., Michael Beasley, Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott. Sunday's 117-83 embarrassing preseason defeat to the Nets served as a reminder of the possibilities for New York's putridness
ES
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/9/2017  3:49 PM
jrodmc wrote:more embarrassing than Lin's?

absolutely... the guy is doing Bieber from 5 years ago

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/9/2017  4:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

tonight when the rockets hit 60 3's on us, maybe some of you will start to get the picture.

we have a horrendous cast of a defenders, and the coaching staff is equally bad

Which is why they got rid of Melo.

A couple days ago you were the one telling me the Knicks could've made the playoffs. Are you finally starting to see the light?

It's hypocritical for Perry and president Steve Mills to declare defense as central to their new identity, and then acquire Tim Hardaway Jr., Michael Beasley, Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott. Sunday's 117-83 embarrassing preseason defeat to the Nets served as a reminder of the possibilities for New York's putridness

Right, they're a lottery team. I've been telling you this for weeks, you've been resisting.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/9/2017  6:35 PM
What's wrong with a quiet Baker? Do they all need to go on video rants about baking cakes for Christians and gays?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/9/2017  7:38 PM
Baker skills n performance are that of a tier-3 SG u bring off the bench once in a while.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/9/2017  10:01 PM
Knicks paid a lot for Ron burgundy considering he can’t shoot. If he’s slotted for shooting guard, the contract signing was premature and bloated. Dotson is gonna come in and shoot and take Rons minutes particularly if he plays D. We’re about to find out who are top 8 players are and Dotson maybe one of them. Lance has shoot ooorly, Baker poorly, Jack and Sessions aren’t making a difference. Lee/KP/Enes/Wily/Dotson/THJr/Beasley/. Noah/OQuinn/Thomas/Sessions/Nitty/Baker/Kuz/ all need to show me more to secure they’re playing time.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/9/2017  10:09 PM
Bakers salary is ok... They rewarded him for staying with the club. Not worth mentioning all the time. Truth is he sucks. You still hope he could be better. He has a solid body and is great playing defense sand running the team. He just doesn't contribute anything to the stat line
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
10/9/2017  10:16 PM
I think guys are being a bit hasty on the Baker bashing. He does a lot of the little things that don't show up in the box score. His offense will come up as he plays his way back into rhythm.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

10/10/2017  2:28 PM
Kemet wrote:Baker skills n performance are that of a tier-3 SG u bring off the bench once in a while.

For the same dollar as the Baker signing, we Could have kept Holiday. A much better shooter and defensive player. And to top it off, Baker has a player's option for next season. Don't see him opting out any time soon.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/10/2017  2:33 PM
1st game back. You have to give him time to get his timing back. What you can judge him on right now is his defensive abilities and high energy. I believe he showed that he can do both.
nixluva
USA
10/10/2017  2:36 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
Kemet wrote:Baker skills n performance are that of a tier-3 SG u bring off the bench once in a while.

For the same dollar as the Baker signing, we Could have kept Holiday. A much better shooter and defensive player. And to top it off, Baker has a player's option for next season. Don't see him opting out any time soon.

Baker's role is MUCH different from that of Holiday. Baker is actually able to run the offense which Holiday does not do. Just allow Baker to get his legs and rhythm back before writing him off after his only Game of the preseason so far. IMO people are really not giving Baker a chance before they want to close the book on him. I still expect him to be a good part of the puzzle going forward.

People are making fun of the kid getting beat on ISO by Harden as if that's not understandable. I mean come on man, that's not fair. Baker LITERALLY just came back and then he's being left on an Island with Harden. That would be a long day for just about any guard.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/10/2017  5:22 PM
we still can't win a game without melo
ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/10/2017  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  5:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:we still can't win a game without melo

You're starting to get it now.

The quiet Baker....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy