[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks vs Nets game thread 10-8-17 7:30pm!!!
Author Thread
awe1028
Posts: 20063
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2009
Member: #2780

10/8/2017  9:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:With the 1st pick in the 2018 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select....

Michael Porter Forward Missouri
AUTOADVERT
PresIke
Posts: 26963
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/26/2001
Member: #33
USA
10/8/2017  9:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  10:06 PM
***In a MSG Post-Game Analysis Tone***

Pom Poms and Lovers going to struggle again for the Knicks this year but if we break it down there's something to be excited about as you might see that they will look to find a way to use their teamwork to be effective in deflecting any criticisms from the Haters. We'll see how this all pans out, but something to watch for this upcoming season, if they can figure it out...

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
Posts: 26963
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/26/2001
Member: #33
USA
10/8/2017  10:00 PM
TPercy wrote:What the hell is going on??

Melo's fault.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2017  10:12 PM
This isn't supposed to be a good team but at some point you wanna see progress and an identity develop. Tonight was a failure to launch. The Knicks looked lost and like a bunch of strangers. Gotta hope Jeff can settle on a starting lineup and rotation that works.
PresIke
Posts: 26963
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/26/2001
Member: #33
USA
10/8/2017  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  10:17 PM
Absolutely. I'm cool with the development and shift. Just tempering any feelings about pretty much anyone on the team other than KP, just yet, or real progress until more games are played. This is not a good start. Let's be real.

A lot of changes will be coming over the next few seasons.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Papabear
Posts: 24166
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 3/31/2007
Member: #1414

10/8/2017  11:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:So which center do we get rid of? Based on skills, it'd have to be Noah but since he has the albatross contract, I'd think KOQ is the most likely one on the chopping block. Sometimes life ain't fair.

Yeah that Noah thing makes KOQ a lame duck.

If not the worst, the Noah signing has to be at the top of the discussion of Jackson's most horrible moves.

Just gotta suck it up cuz there's no getting rid of Noah right now. KOQ doesn't fit the new direction. He's a Triangle style player.

Papabear Says

Suck what up? Like I said before these guys can't shoot and it will be for the rest of the season. We have no one to build on. Some of you complained about us trying to get Kyrie Irving but no guys complained. Kyrie can shoot the ball. These guys can't they have the wrong coach for this group of guys.

Papabear
Papabear
Posts: 24166
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 3/31/2007
Member: #1414

10/8/2017  11:07 PM
TPercy wrote:What the hell is going on??

Papabear Says

This is a bad team with no leadership no shooters no defenders. I told you'll this before the season.

Papabear
TPercy
Posts: 24627
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

10/8/2017  11:16 PM
Papabear wrote:
TPercy wrote:What the hell is going on??

Papabear Says

This is a bad team with no leadership no shooters no defenders. I told you'll this before the season.

You might be right, but the way the Nets played is ridiculous.

The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/8/2017  11:26 PM
WP76 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
WP76 wrote:How Rambis is still drawing an NBA paycheck absolutely baffles me.


He was a fringe 12th man type guy his entire career and made a lot of friends and build rapport and relationships around the league.

Whether someone is good at their job is one thing.

If a guy is LOYAL and you TRUST HIM is another.

You guys have been out in the workforce, many of you are also a bit older. Loyalty at some level still means something in some areas. Sadly a ton of that is fading but if a guy has been with you a long time and loyal and you trust him, that means a ton to many out there, particular men in a dog eat dog environment.

Sadly you'll also get cases like Brian Schottenheimer running the Jets offense.

If Noah wasn't on this team, I think there would be WAY more focus on Lance Thomas being one of the worst contracts in the entire league. I like Thomas as a fan of the game, but for this franchise, he was a horrible signing and decision.

I fully understand loyalty but this is an absolutely bottom line business. If you're not good at what you do, you cost your employers big time and jeopardize the job security of those around you. Keeping Rambis as a coach goes a long way towards putting an inferior product on the court and certainly does nothing positive for this franchise--from the fanbase to the coaching staff to the front office. Sorry, but there's no way I can justify his presence on the Knick bench and forces me to question the competence of the people running this team.

Not sure why Rambis is on the staff. Reports from Woj, and Phil's guy Rosen indicated that he did not get along well with the players and that he struggled to relate to them. After all of the dysfunction in the locker room last year, in addition to the lack of on court success, letting Rambis go seemed like a logical move to me.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
nixluva
Posts: 55253
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2017  11:33 PM
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:So which center do we get rid of? Based on skills, it'd have to be Noah but since he has the albatross contract, I'd think KOQ is the most likely one on the chopping block. Sometimes life ain't fair.

Yeah that Noah thing makes KOQ a lame duck.

If not the worst, the Noah signing has to be at the top of the discussion of Jackson's most horrible moves.

Just gotta suck it up cuz there's no getting rid of Noah right now. KOQ doesn't fit the new direction. He's a Triangle style player.

Papabear Says

Suck what up? Like I said before these guys can't shoot and it will be for the rest of the season. We have no one to build on. Some of you complained about us trying to get Kyrie Irving but no guys complained. Kyrie can shoot the ball. These guys can't they have the wrong coach for this group of guys.

I don't see shooting as being one of the main problems. The Knicks have shooters. We still have to see how this team plays when they have a healthy Ntilikina and Baker. IMO Jack and Sessions should come off the bench behind Baker and Nitty. I've seen nothing that makes me think Jack or Sessions brings the needed presence at PG.

arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
10/9/2017  12:02 AM
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:So which center do we get rid of? Based on skills, it'd have to be Noah but since he has the albatross contract, I'd think KOQ is the most likely one on the chopping block. Sometimes life ain't fair.

Yeah that Noah thing makes KOQ a lame duck.

If not the worst, the Noah signing has to be at the top of the discussion of Jackson's most horrible moves.

Just gotta suck it up cuz there's no getting rid of Noah right now. KOQ doesn't fit the new direction. He's a Triangle style player.

Papabear Says

Suck what up? Like I said before these guys can't shoot and it will be for the rest of the season. We have no one to build on. Some of you complained about us trying to get Kyrie Irving but no guys complained. Kyrie can shoot the ball. These guys can't they have the wrong coach for this group of guys.

I don't see shooting as being one of the main problems. The Knicks have shooters. We still have to see how this team plays when they have a healthy Ntilikina and Baker. IMO Jack and Sessions should come off the bench behind Baker and Nitty. I've seen nothing that makes me think Jack or Sessions brings the needed presence at PG.

This team is a bunch of strangers - most of the players are new and never played with each other.
Team has no Melos to keep losing games close for no reason.
The offensive and defensive systems is still to be developed and process just started.
They will lose a load of games with many blowouts.
But all this to be expected so what the problem?

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2017  12:18 AM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:So which center do we get rid of? Based on skills, it'd have to be Noah but since he has the albatross contract, I'd think KOQ is the most likely one on the chopping block. Sometimes life ain't fair.

Yeah that Noah thing makes KOQ a lame duck.

If not the worst, the Noah signing has to be at the top of the discussion of Jackson's most horrible moves.

Just gotta suck it up cuz there's no getting rid of Noah right now. KOQ doesn't fit the new direction. He's a Triangle style player.

Papabear Says

Suck what up? Like I said before these guys can't shoot and it will be for the rest of the season. We have no one to build on. Some of you complained about us trying to get Kyrie Irving but no guys complained. Kyrie can shoot the ball. These guys can't they have the wrong coach for this group of guys.

I don't see shooting as being one of the main problems. The Knicks have shooters. We still have to see how this team plays when they have a healthy Ntilikina and Baker. IMO Jack and Sessions should come off the bench behind Baker and Nitty. I've seen nothing that makes me think Jack or Sessions brings the needed presence at PG.

This team is a bunch of strangers - most of the players are new and never played with each other.
Team has no Melos to keep losing games close for no reason.
The offensive and defensive systems is still to be developed and process just started.
They will lose a load of games with many blowouts.
But all this to be expected so what the problem?

The Nets have 6 new players, possibly 7 on opening night, and their coach is in his second year. The Knicks have 7 new players, possibly 8 if Jack makes the roster and a coach in his second year. The Nets have some vets on really bad contracts (Moz, Carroll) and an overpaid, young shooting guard. The Knicks have some vets on really bad contracts (Noah, Lee, Thomas) and a young, overpaid shooting guard. The Nets are building around a top 5 pick from the 2015 draft. The Knicks are building around a top 5 pick from the 2015 draft.
The teams are very similar. All that happened tonight was not expected and there were some things that were either the result of just a bad night/game or are a bad sign for things to come with the Knicks.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2017  12:34 AM
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
mlby1215
Posts: 20246
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/16/2017
Member: #6486

10/9/2017  1:27 AM
They must still use triangle or Phil Jackson is still the president.
smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
10/9/2017  5:41 AM
I worry we're going to waste a year of young player development by keeping Hornacek as coach, but on the plus side the more we lose the better our shot at a pick- with the upcoming draft changes for 2019, this is really the last year where you can tank.
Gudris
Posts: 20584
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

10/9/2017  6:08 AM
I think this team will really stink until all-star break, hopefully, in the second part we see some progress and more wins
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22711
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

10/9/2017  8:29 AM
Hornachek is experimenting a lot in the preseason.
We have seen
O'Quinn/Porzingis/McDermott/THj/Sessions
Kanter/Beasley/Lee/THj/Sessions
Willy/Porzingis/Lee/Hardaway/Jack

as the starting 5.

It's not going to be easy if you constantly shuffle the starting lineups in a new team.

In contrast the Nets who are 3-0 have started

Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin
Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin
Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin

One team is clearly set on what the starting 5 needs to be, while the other team is still searching.

I don't mind Hornachek using preseason to figure out this. Some of the best teams have poor preseason records. However, at some point, Horny needs to get a starting 5 and stick with it.

Gudris
Posts: 20584
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

10/9/2017  9:14 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek is experimenting a lot in the preseason.
We have seen
O'Quinn/Porzingis/McDermott/THj/Sessions
Kanter/Beasley/Lee/THj/Sessions
Willy/Porzingis/Lee/Hardaway/Jack

as the starting 5.

It's not going to be easy if you constantly shuffle the starting lineups in a new team.

In contrast the Nets who are 3-0 have started

Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin
Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin
Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin

One team is clearly set on what the starting 5 needs to be, while the other team is still searching.

I don't mind Hornachek using preseason to figure out this. Some of the best teams have poor preseason records. However, at some point, Horny needs to get a starting 5 and stick with it.


it is hard to do this if so many are injured
Finestrg
Posts: 27193
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/1/2006
Member: #1069

10/9/2017  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2017  9:34 AM
Gudris wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek is experimenting a lot in the preseason.
We have seen
O'Quinn/Porzingis/McDermott/THj/Sessions
Kanter/Beasley/Lee/THj/Sessions
Willy/Porzingis/Lee/Hardaway/Jack

as the starting 5.

It's not going to be easy if you constantly shuffle the starting lineups in a new team.

In contrast the Nets who are 3-0 have started

Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin
Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin
Mosgov/Carroll/Jefferson/Russell/Lin

One team is clearly set on what the starting 5 needs to be, while the other team is still searching.

I don't mind Hornachek using preseason to figure out this. Some of the best teams have poor preseason records. However, at some point, Horny needs to get a starting 5 and stick with it.


it is hard to do this if so many are injured

Didn't see the last two games but at least Willy and Hardaway played well last night..

What's the latest on the injury front? Is KP's hip serious? Why didn't Beasley play? Doug's finger? Kanter?

martin
Posts: 46312
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/9/2017  9:36 AM
Finestrg wrote:Didn't see the last two games but at least Willy and Hardaway played well last night..

Man I thought Hardaway played horribly. So many mental mistakes. So many bad shots. So many defensive errors.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicks vs Nets game thread 10-8-17 7:30pm!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.