[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis Position
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/6/2017  9:50 AM
So he wants to play the 4, so he can shoot over smaller players. Makes sense. Defensively he's better at the 5 because of his elite rim protection, but he doesn't want to get worn down competing against bigger players. So it got me thinking, who is the perfect player to put next to KP? Let's take out the obviously stars. Someone like Draymond Green who can do it all is obvious. What players out there can defend both PF and C positions to cover for KP on tougher matchups, but also stretch the floor enough to give him space to operate? Also, must be a quality rebounder to help in that dept. Who are the perfect big man partners for KP in the league right now?
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/6/2017  10:18 AM
Nerlens Noel
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

10/6/2017  10:55 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Nerlens Noel

good choice but Dallas has him won't let him.go
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/6/2017  10:56 AM
Dwight Powell
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
JesseDark
Member: #467
10/6/2017  11:05 AM
His position should just be called a "stretch", cause whether he is a 4 or a 5 he is stretching the defender.
Bring back dee-fense
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/6/2017  11:16 AM
Kanter is that guy... unless you wanna play small ball a d I think that's what you are getting at. Beasley is already on the team. He's actually perfect next to KP. Beas handles and shoots it well. We'd have the perfect "small ball " tandem except both guys are actually pretty tall
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
10/6/2017  11:24 AM
EnySpree wrote:Kanter is that guy... unless you wanna play small ball a d I think that's what you are getting at. Beasley is already on the team. He's actually perfect next to KP. Beas handles and shoots it well. We'd have the perfect "small ball " tandem except both guys are actually pretty tall

Neither are a good defender though, that's the concern. Really need a quality 2-way player starting next to KP.

An interesting option to me, is if we land in the mid-to-late lottery, Robert Williams in this year's draft. Athletic 4/5 who can defend, rebound, and block shots. Offensively, he's mainly a finisher, but is developing his jumper which would make all the difference.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/6/2017  12:02 PM
I can think of a lot of guys that already have too many miles on them

DeMarre Carroll would have been a great pick up if we had had the cap space.

Kris Humphries is the kind of player that fit that role at one time.

Wilson Chandler.

I suspect we could find a great role player- maybe not a stand out star- in the NBDL.

Clean
Member: #743
10/6/2017  12:51 PM
His best position will be center when he gets a little stronger. I don't like him at PF because he is too slow to guard the faster PFs in the league and too skinny to take advantage of them in the post. These are not the old days. There are a lot more fast PFs now than bigger plodding PFs.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/6/2017  2:43 PM
I don't understand why we want to put our Unicron in some kind of old-school position, as far as I am concerned he can play 0.413 position
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/6/2017  3:10 PM
Gudris wrote:I don't understand why we want to put our Unicron in some kind of old-school position, as far as I am concerned he can play 0.413 position

It's organized sports not a pick up game at the Y. Positions are needed strategy wise regardless how many threes are being taken today. Still need spacing, rebounding and ability to score inside. Need organization to defend

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/6/2017  3:26 PM
dacash wrote:

Didn't he sign a one year tender? Kanter and O'Quinn maybe gone next year and Nerlens could fit in nicely.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/6/2017  3:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

Didn't he sign a one year tender? Kanter and O'Quinn maybe gone next year and Nerlens could fit in nicely.

Wishful thinking. I don't see Kanter opting out, not in this market. The fact that Noel's couldn't pull in a big deal has got to factor into Kanter's camp though process.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
10/6/2017  4:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

Wishful thinking. I don't see Kanter opting out, not in this market. The fact that Noel's couldn't pull in a big deal has got to factor into Kanter's camp though process.

Noel wanted max (like 25mil per year).

Kelly Olynk signed for a 4 yr 50mil deal. Kanter can command 14-16mil per over 4 yrs in this market. He also going to want a place where he can start and get 30 mins a game. Knicks most likely won't offer that with Noah, Willy, KOQ, KP. So would he want to collect 18mil per for one more yr 24mins per ish. Not to mention injury risk. Or will he look to lock in a 4 yr 56-60mil contract for a team that can give him 30mins.

Dallas comes to mind next off season, Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks.

Knixkik
USA
10/6/2017  4:40 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

Kelly Olynk signed for a 4 yr 50mil deal. Kanter can command 14-16mil per over 4 yrs in this market. He also going to want a place where he can start and get 30 mins a game. Knicks most likely won't offer that with Noah, Willy, KOQ, KP. So would he want to collect 18mil per for one more yr 24mins per ish. Not to mention injury risk. Or will he look to lock in a 4 yr 56-60mil contract for a team that can give him 30mins.

Yeah i think if he opts out, Knicks don't resign him. They will want to preserve money to focus on landing a star in a couple of years. I think they are more likely to give McDermott a little money. Kanter is going to be good, but having KP, Willy, and Noah locked in will make it difficult to invest big money in him, especially if the Knicks are focused on getting KP to sign an extension.

BigDaddyG

10/6/2017  6:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

I can't really see it unless Enes starts hitting threes or playing better defense.. He's still relatively young, so another year collecting $18M won't hurt him. I'm pretty sure he's not going to get another deal like this current one, especially with the more conservative cap projections. If he opts, it means he really expanded his game and showed huge impeovement, which is good. But Noel, who is a better fit on most NBA roster s, couldn't attract a deal past $17.5M range. Kanter, who is considered more of a niche player, isn't nearly as desirable as Noel. Centers still get overpaid, but different things are expected out of the position now and Kanter will have to develop those skills to cash in.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/6/2017  6:48 PM
Didn't someone say he is a SF in a 7.2 frame - that's how he should play like KD.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
10/6/2017  6:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

I can't really see it unless Enes starts hitting threes or playing better defense.. He's still relatively young, so another year collecting $18M won't hurt him. I'm pretty sure he's not going to get another deal like this current one, especially with the more conservative cap projections. If he opts, it means he really expanded his game and showed huge impeovement, which is good. But Noel, who is a better fit on most NBA roster s, couldn't attract a deal past $17.5M range. Kanter, who is considered more of a niche player, isn't nearly as desirable as Noel. Centers still get overpaid, but different things are expected out of the position now and Kanter will have to develop those skills to cash in.

But that 18 mil per is only for one season. If he can secure a long term deal at 14-16mil per then he is out. His agent wouldn't let him sacrifice 2-4mil with 56-60 on the table.

What Kanter has going for him is analytic front offices which most teams are now. He has been a 200+ win share guy with OKC probably will drop some with NYK, 59-60TS%, and a high level of points per min and rebounds per min. So even though he is an offensive role player who scores in the paint. He is an elite offensive role player. That will get him paid.

BigDaddyG

10/6/2017  8:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

But that 18 mil per is only for one season. If he can secure a long term deal at 14-16mil per then he is out. His agent wouldn't let him sacrifice 2-4mil with 56-60 on the table.

What Kanter has going for him is analytic front offices which most teams are now. He has been a 200+ win share guy with OKC probably will drop some with NYK, 59-60TS%, and a high level of points per min and rebounds per min. So even though he is an offensive role player who scores in the paint. He is an elite offensive role player. That will get him paid.

Depends what analytics you look at. I hope he opts because we need the space.

newyorknewyork
10/6/2017  8:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dacash wrote:

Depends what analytics you look at. I hope he opts because we need the space.

His defense is poor. Which is why he is an kind of like an instant offense and rebounding role player off the bench. Due to his high level of production in that role along with his age though he will get paid.

That's also not a good example. Capela didn't even set an actual pick. The guard shouldn't have gotten beat that bad with no picks actually set. Kanter then had to worry about Beverley and Capela coming right at him full speed. He still was able to cut Beverly off and make an attempt at the lob.

And in the comments we have people debating if Cheeks said play or blame. And honestly I don't see how you look at the clip and blame Kanter for it when his PG completely screwed him on the play. That's a hard play for even an all defensive player.

Porzingis Position

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy