[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kanter Top 10
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/5/2017  7:02 PM
Shades of Amare before knee issues.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/6/2017  6:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2017  6:34 AM
Defends like Amare as well, brutal. Offensively one of the most talented bigs in the NBA.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/6/2017  7:51 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Defends like Amare as well, brutal. Offensively one of the most talented bigs in the NBA.

Can't punish him entirely. He's got too get better. Drawing defenders on him is going too open the whole court as we know. The game plan for us will change. All of a sudden the Knicks have a plethora of shooters. We will be in the pick and roll often. On defense, he's got KP lurking like Serge did in OKC. He's 25 now... we can only hope experience will kick in. The team has got to do a good job of sealing space so we don't have to force Kanter to be Ewing in his prime on defense

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

10/6/2017  8:33 AM
I'm excited about Kanter on offense. He's going to punish teams inside. He's got to be our #1 option. Force teams to double team him. Through him the whole team can eat. When we really get going we should never starve for buckets. You can't let Kanter feast. He's going to make guards play off their man. THJr, Doug, KP even Frank can't be left open. Thats only one way of playing. When we switch it up on them man it could get really beautiful.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/6/2017  9:07 AM
I kinda can't believe we got Kanter for Melo. He's a great talent. Sure, we are kinda crowded up front. I'd like to see if we can showcase him, and then trade him at the deadline to a team that wants to add some firepower heading into the playoffs. I could totally see deals with Boston or Cleveland where we get back one of their top picks.

Kanter is young, and he's great- but he's already getting paid top dollar, and unless there is some reasonable deal for Noah, I don't see how we can keep Kanter & Noah and have both KP & Willy due for big paydays. The math doesn't work.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/6/2017  9:50 AM
franco12 wrote:I kinda can't believe we got Kanter for Melo. He's a great talent. Sure, we are kinda crowded up front. I'd like to see if we can showcase him, and then trade him at the deadline to a team that wants to add some firepower heading into the playoffs. I could totally see deals with Boston or Cleveland where we get back one of their top picks.

Kanter is young, and he's great- but he's already getting paid top dollar, and unless there is some reasonable deal for Noah, I don't see how we can keep Kanter & Noah and have both KP & Willy due for big paydays. The math doesn't work.

totally agree. this was a great trade. plus we got beasley. we will at least be as good/bad as we were last year.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/6/2017  9:50 AM
franco12 wrote:I kinda can't believe we got Kanter for Melo. He's a great talent. Sure, we are kinda crowded up front. I'd like to see if we can showcase him, and then trade him at the deadline to a team that wants to add some firepower heading into the playoffs. I could totally see deals with Boston or Cleveland where we get back one of their top picks.

yes, we will have to trade one of the centers. I hate the idea of buying out Noah with so much length on his deal. We didn't really need Kanter before the trade, but he can play.

Before the trade I would have never said trade Willy but that's what makes the most sense. He is on a great contract, so his value may never be higher. I'd love to keep KP, Willy, Kanter and let Kanter be our sixth man of the year candidate.

That said, if we don't trade one of these guys, we're going to have the same problem we had when it Chandler, Melo, Amar'e and we had to pray for Jeremy Lin to fall from the sky. The money that Willy will make moving forward basically needs to get spent on SF, maybe at PG if Frank doesn't pan out (I know everyone here thinks he's a certain HOFer already, but I'd prefer to wait and see the production)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EnySpree

10/6/2017  10:19 AM
A trade is definitely on the horizon. We have to sit and wait for it to play out.

I still think Willy is the guy that's gonna get traded. He's young enough to pry away a young guy... maybe even a 1st rounder from another club. Salary aside, I like Noah off the bench with KP sliding in at center

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/6/2017  10:54 AM
EnySpree wrote:A trade is definitely on the horizon. We have to sit and wait for it to play out.

I still think Willy is the guy that's gonna get traded. He's young enough to pry away a young guy... maybe even a 1st rounder from another club. Salary aside, I like Noah off the bench with KP sliding in at center

A good trade for both teams when Kanter becomes available in a multi player trade.

Kanter & Lee to Dallas for Powell, Matthews & future pick

Knicks

Powel is a really really good fit next to KP. Athletic defensive finisher, rebounds and can guard multiple positions. Also keeps working on this 3 pt shooting. He would upgrade our defense with the other collection of players given his skill set. He really would fit in nicely here.

Matthews can slide to SF and be a better fit there then Lee.

Dallas

Noel isn't worth the money he is seeking
Dirk is on the rapid decline and will retire soon
Kanter gives them a very productive big soon entering his prime for the long term at that position.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree

10/6/2017  11:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:A trade is definitely on the horizon. We have to sit and wait for it to play out.

A good trade for both teams when Kanter becomes available in a multi player trade.

Knicks

Powel is a really really good fit next to KP. Athletic defensive finisher, rebounds and can guard multiple positions. Also keeps working on this 3 pt shooting. He would upgrade our defense with the other collection of players given his skill set. He really would fit in nicely here.

Dallas

Kanter gives them a very productive big soon entering his prime for the long term at that position.

Not a good trade. Powell is a dime a dozen player. Matthews is a shell of himself... "future pick"? I would trade Willy straight up for a future Dallas 1st rounder. I bet Dallas would do that too

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/6/2017  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2017  11:35 AM
Agree. Let's give him $100 Million. Bro. Kanter is/has not been very good. He wont stay on the floor because if his defense. I like the way we swallow up other teams disappointments and make them out to be something they are not. Ie. Kanter, Beasley, MCBuckets, Sessions, Jack, etc etc. These guys won't be here much longer and won't make a difference as they are average.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/6/2017  11:40 AM
EnySpree wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Knicks

Dallas

Not a good trade. Powell is a dime a dozen player. Matthews is a shell of himself... "future pick"? I would trade Willy straight up for a future Dallas 1st rounder. I bet Dallas would do that too

We would be essentially be swapping Lee who isn't a player who will be here for the long term for Powell who would be here for the long term. Who's skill set matches KP & Willy and the rest of the young squad nicely. The swarming type of defense Frank, THjr, Powell, KP could provide with their length & athleticism would get standing Os at the Garden. By also doing so we are subtracting a need and netting a contract that is a pretty good bargain today completing our front court. Meaning more money we could use on a big time player.

Kanter is due a raise, may go for it next season. Willy has 3 yrs left at minimum salary.

Say Matthews also opted out to get his last long term contract. With the front court set. And Frank & THjr locked in at the guard positions. We would have a good amount of cap space to target a big time SF and depth.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/6/2017  4:19 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Agree. Let's give him $100 Million. Bro. Kanter is/has not been very good. He wont stay on the floor because if his defense. I like the way we swallow up other teams disappointments and make them out to be something they are not. Ie. Kanter, Beasley, MCBuckets, Sessions, Jack, etc etc. These guys won't be here much longer and won't make a difference as they are average.

Everyone has said that Kanter is a really good offensive player and rebounder but is bad on defense so how exactly is anyone making him something he isn't??

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/6/2017  7:00 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Agree. Let's give him $100 Million. Bro. Kanter is/has not been very good. He wont stay on the floor because if his defense. I like the way we swallow up other teams disappointments and make them out to be something they are not. Ie. Kanter, Beasley, MCBuckets, Sessions, Jack, etc etc. These guys won't be here much longer and won't make a difference as they are average.

Everyone has said that Kanter is a really good offensive player and rebounder but is bad on defense so how exactly is anyone making him something he isn't??

They thought Melo walked on water and now they suddenly care about defense. Trolls will be trolls - LOL

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/7/2017  5:19 AM
When you dump it inside to Kanter, he ain’t gonna kick it back out. Few assists. Likewise, he was -11 last night I believe. Sure I love his inside game but I’m unsure if he’s the guy to start on a higher caliber team that we hope to become. Off the bench for 17-20 MM ?? Don’t think so!
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/7/2017  5:25 AM

Ready to trade Wily huh? Kanter was -11 on the floor. He can score, sure. Yet once the ball goes inside to him, it doesn’t matter wjo’s Shooting 3s cause he ain’t kicking it back out. Face is it may not be Kanter ($17-20 Mm to play matador defense) or Wily. If your NBA Center isn’t athletic and can’t play D and board, what’s the point. There are some great bigs coming out the draft. Maybe it’s Kanter and his $20 Mm that gets packaged with Lee for talent and Wily is your rotation backup to a stud big.

EnySpree

10/7/2017  12:41 PM
Paris907 wrote:

Ready to trade Wily huh? Kanter was -11 on the floor. He can score, sure. Yet once the ball goes inside to him, it doesn’t matter wjo’s Shooting 3s cause he ain’t kicking it back out. Face is it may not be Kanter ($17-20 Mm to play matador defense) or Wily. If your NBA Center isn’t athletic and can’t play D and board, what’s the point. There are some great bigs coming out the draft. Maybe it’s Kanter and his $20 Mm that gets packaged with Lee for talent and Wily is your rotation backup to a stud big.

Could work but who are we getting with Kanter and Lee? Carmelo Anthony?

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
10/7/2017  2:11 PM
Trade Willy all day. He still looks slow and confused and bobbles the ball too often, small hands maybe? Also he reminds me of gomer pile. Kanter is WAY better than him at everything except passing.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/7/2017  2:55 PM
Paris907 wrote:When you dump it inside to Kanter, he ain’t gonna kick it back out. Few assists. Likewise, he was -11 last night I believe. Sure I love his inside game but I’m unsure if he’s the guy to start on a higher caliber team that we hope to become. Off the bench for 17-20 MM ?? Don’t think so!

But Dotson looked really good? He was -17. +/- terrible stat

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/7/2017  5:27 PM
Based on what we've seen:

* I like Willy. To me, he's got a bit of that David Lee thing going on - seems fundamentally sound & can produce numbers because "he plays the game the right way". He doesn't come across as a dominant scorer, but scores by virtue of being in the right place. Benefits from not being the the focal point. Has shown some ability to score in iso. High percentage shooter. Solid rebounder.

* Kanter looks like an offensive juggernaut. One on one, he's dominant - he has a lot of moves and soft hands - a bit like Al Jefferson, Zach Randolph... Eddy Curry? :O He seems to have some court sense for his teammates and can occasionally make a spectacular pass. I'd venture to say that you could probably build an offense around him. Defensively, there's a lot of talk about his shortcomings. I don't get the sense that he's Eddy Curry on D (ie a foul waiting to happen) but maybe he needs to be given the chance to play through his mistakes on D, because he looks like a 20ppg+ scorer to me who could singlehandedly get the opposing team in foul trouble. He also seems like a pretty solid rebounder. Very high percentage shooter.

Draft measurements for these guys are remarkably close. Both are a shade under 6'10" w/o shoes, just under 7'2" wingspan. Kanter has a bit more of a traditional athletic build; Willy looks like he has a thicker base.

Give the offensive ability (and ability to draw fouls) I think Kanter has the potential to be a force - if a team can allow him to play through defensive lapses.

It's a bit like comparing Al Jefferson and David Lee in their primes. Both produced around 20/10, but they way they got to those numbers was a bit different.

So... yeah, defense. Not sure how much can be taught/learned (by being embarasssed??? or by not getting the minutes?!).

One interesting thought is how people feel about these two vs Greg Monroe, the top FA target a few years ago. He hasn't been able to earn consistent minutes in Milwaukee, largely a result of his defensive inability... and lack of dominant skill.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Kanter Top 10

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy