[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Beas Neas...
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/4/2017  8:49 PM
I feel like nobody mentioned him much. He got 10 rebounds and 8 pts in 20 minutes. He looked like he could score every single time he touched the ball. I felt like he was under control and patient.

I don't know what to do with him. I do feel like he is going to need to play 28-30 mins a game. I think he should be the first forward off the bench. Though he could very easily start at the 3. I know it's only one game but I already think Lance Thomas should almost never see any court time.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
10/4/2017  11:05 PM
Odd, after having high hopes for him I wanted us to cut him immediately after watching him play last night. Talking about Beas.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/5/2017  12:03 AM
I see him falling out of favor quickly. It's like having rose but at the forward position with the scoring ability being overshadowed by the tunnel vision, shaky defense, and awkward personality. But I hope I'm wrong.
EnySpree

10/5/2017  6:37 AM
Zebo13 wrote:Odd, after having high hopes for him I wanted us to cut him immediately after watching him play last night. Talking about Beas.

What was it about his play?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/5/2017  6:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  6:58 AM
I think asking for anything more than what Derrick Williams did for us a few years ago is unrealistic. I see sort of like DW, a couple of great games off the bench, lots of inconsistency, not reliable as a starter but still a valuable bench player that can give some instant offense.

We're clearly built around Porzingis at 4 and Kanter/Willy at 5. Beasley is not a 3, he can't shoot from outside. He is best served being a 4 on the second unit.

Kanter
Beasley
Kuzminskas
Lee
Baker

That second unit will be able to score and share the ball.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/5/2017  6:50 AM
I would prefer some rotation of Lee, THJR and Lance to eat up so the minutes at SF. I know McDermitt will get in there and probably evening start, but unless Lance is on court, who is playing defense?

I actually don't want Beasley to get much action, he is the type of player we are trying to get away from, irrespective of what he does in one preseason game.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/5/2017  6:57 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:I would prefer some rotation of Lee, THJR and Lance to eat up so the minutes at SF. I know McDermitt will get in there and probably evening start, but unless Lance is on court, who is playing defense?

I actually don't want Beasley to get much action, he is the type of player we are trying to get away from, irrespective of what he does in one preseason game.

McDermott had a pretty nice array of contributions. Not just an outside shooter. Made cuts and drives and got baskets near the rim. He is more athletic than given credit for. I think McDermott has potential to be more than a 3 point shooter. We should run many plays for him and look for him when open. I recall Perry saying there was a player they wanted early on in the trade talks for Melo, who they got. I don't know if it was Kanter or McDermott. My gut says McDermott because he fits Hornachek's offense and he's also young (24), a SF, and someone that is still on a rookie contract. We will have his bird rights and be able to keep him after using free agency cap room next summer. Kanter may be gone after a year.
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/5/2017  7:08 AM
I like that there should be genuine competition among McD kuz Beas and perhaps Lee

As a Knicks fan I'll root for all of them but I'm skeptical on Beas. Hope he surprises me

If I were GM I would probably prefer to have one SF who was a strong defender.

(5)(5)
EnySpree

10/5/2017  8:17 AM
Is it possible to develop an opinion about Beasley without bringing up whay you though about him before? Outside of his quirky style, dude had a nice game the other day. To compare... I thought Willy has a so so game but guys are quick to defend because of what we all wish he could be. He's also the direct opposite personality wise to Beas.
EnySpree

10/5/2017  8:19 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I would prefer some rotation of Lee, THJR and Lance to eat up so the minutes at SF. I know McDermitt will get in there and probably evening start, but unless Lance is on court, who is playing defense?

McDermott had a pretty nice array of contributions. Not just an outside shooter. Made cuts and drives and got baskets near the rim. He is more athletic than given credit for. I think McDermott has potential to be more than a 3 point shooter. We should run many plays for him and look for him when open. I recall Perry saying there was a player they wanted early on in the trade talks for Melo, who they got. I don't know if it was Kanter or McDermott. My gut says McDermott because he fits Hornachek's offense and he's also young (24), a SF, and someone that is still on a rookie contract. We will have his bird rights and be able to keep him after using free agency cap room next summer. Kanter may be gone after a year.

McDermott cuts hard too. Haven't seen anyone cut as hard as he does in a knick uniform.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/5/2017  9:00 AM

The only people we were trying to get rid of is melo and rose, because then there's more pressure to win.

we acquired all journey players Sessions, Jack, beasely, McDermott(3rd team in 3 1/2 yrs)Kanter, (3rd team in 5 yrs)

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/5/2017  9:21 AM
EnySpree wrote:Is it possible to develop an opinion about Beasley without bringing up whay you though about him before? Outside of his quirky style, dude had a nice game the other day. To compare... I thought Willy has a so so game but guys are quick to defend because of what we all wish he could be. He's also the direct opposite personality wise to Beas.

Why should we ignore his history? It's better evidence than one game

Like I said I'm rooting for him but expectations are calibrated.

(5)(5)
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/5/2017  10:15 AM
EnySpree wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

McDermott cuts hard too. Haven't seen anyone cut as hard as he does in a knick uniform.

Yeah, I like McDermott A LOT. Damn good offensive player. Plays hard. Still has upside and a pretty bright future (agreed, hard to recall anyone we've had in recent years that cuts as hard as he does. Really finishes hard as well).. And I like Beasley too. Different players but I think there's time for both in the rotation where we can get the best of both. It's early and things have to get worked out but to me, the two top SFs we have going in are Doug and Beas. I think they can play together some too. And agreed -- I thought Beas looked good the other night. Didn't think he killed us at all. Wanna see more of him. Just wanna see much better team defense next game (and individually from everyone -- just reading an article on how McDermott feels he's gotten much better defensively, still acknowledges he's got to get even better there, but says he gets upset whenever anyone scores on him now. Nice to hear. How can you not like that?) while waiting for the identity on the offensive end to click & take shape.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/5/2017  10:21 AM
is he any better or worse than melo?

we got rid of melo's baggage ... bot back beasly, kanter, mcD, a 2nd rounder ... UPGRADE

Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/5/2017  10:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  10:33 AM
anrst wrote:is he any better or worse than melo?

we got rid of melo's baggage ... bot back beasly, kanter, mcD, a 2nd rounder ... UPGRADE

Agreed. And let's not forget Beas is in his prime and both Kanter/McBuckets are still in their pre-prime (while Melo's clearly past his prime). Plus, that 2nd rounder has a chance to be a real good pick (hopefully CHI's terrible this year and that pick goes in the 31-35 range). I think it's a clear cut upgrade.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/5/2017  10:42 AM

Not a big fan of Lee or Hardaway getting major minutes at SF....I prefer McBuckets and Lance getting the lionshare of the minutes there. It think McBuckets, with minutes will suprise alot of us...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/5/2017  10:44 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Agreed....I think McDermott can have a breakout season if he is given the minutes. He understands angles, how and when to cut, how to rubb off screens...I'm big on him and hope he secures the starting SF spot or at the very least is out 6th man.

simrud
Member: #474
USA
10/5/2017  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  11:18 AM
The main issue I saw with him is inability to box out / secure defensive rebounds and stopping the ball on offense.

He is not the only guy that does that - KOQ, Kanter, and Porzingis all have the same problem.

I think on another team Beas could be good but he just shares too many of the same issues as the rest of the front court.

We really need some defensive rebounding muscle and ability to stay out of the way and get garbage pts on offense from the front court - not one of our big men / SF is giving us that.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2017  11:39 AM
Beas reminds me of Tim Thomas. Unlimited ability, skill and athleticism. Yet somehow simply not an impact player (most nights)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

10/5/2017  11:54 AM
Chandler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Is it possible to develop an opinion about Beasley without bringing up whay you though about him before? Outside of his quirky style, dude had a nice game the other day. To compare... I thought Willy has a so so game but guys are quick to defend because of what we all wish he could be. He's also the direct opposite personality wise to Beas.

Why should we ignore his history? It's better evidence than one game

Like I said I'm rooting for him but expectations are calibrated.

What is his history? He got in trouble for weed. Asude from that he's just been a journeyman. Still outs up his same numbers per minute. If anything he's in the best shape I've seen in a while. Those 10 rebounds and under control play should be all great signs

The Beas Neas...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy