10/3/2017  1:05 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/3/2017  1:12 PM
Hope Frank plays but I understand they will baby him and they should. Last thing you want is a nagging groin injury. They can really slow you down and kill your lateral movement. They are also slow to heal so fingers crossed its nothing

There are other goodies to look out for starting with the rotation on bigs, which other guards step up, where some of these guys look in the rotation, etc etc... Looking forward. At this point Knicks are the only sports team I follow. Hoping for a meaningful season

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/3/2017  1:31 PM
Sweet sweet game thread!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/3/2017  1:36 PM
Oh how I have missed you GameThread and ScoreBot. Hope you behave this season ScoreBot!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/3/2017  1:53 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Oh how I have missed you GameThread and ScoreBot. Hope you behave this season ScoreBot!

lol..okay

ES
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/3/2017  2:04 PM
Even if frank doesn’t play, he’s the starter from day one, he is so smooth and steady, definitely the best pg on the roster
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/3/2017  2:23 PM
very curious how Dotson and McDermott plays.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/3/2017  2:47 PM
Kp drops 30 points knicks lose by 20 😃
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/3/2017  2:55 PM
Gudris wrote:Kp drops 30 points knicks lose by 20 😃

Seeing how he probably plays about 15 mins tonight, that would be very impressive!

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  3:28 PM
fishmike wrote:Hope Frank plays but I understand they will baby him and they should. Last thing you want is a nagging groin injury. They can really slow you down and kill your lateral movement. They are also slow to heal so fingers crossed its nothing

There are other goodies to look out for starting with the rotation on bigs, which other guards step up, where some of these guys look in the rotation, etc etc... Looking forward. At this point Knicks are the only sports team I follow. Hoping for a meaningful season

Dennis Smith 1 - Frank 0 Lmao

Agree. Pre Season means nothing. NO reason to make matters worse for 12 minutes of meaningless ball. Just to satisfy the impatient.

Tonight, just looking to see who lets the game come to them and who looks to force taking over as the "main guy". Know it will take some time but It will be interesting to see what type of roles each player is willing to take on.

As for the year....
Will KP play more in the post?
Who will other teams double team, if anyone?
Who steps up in pressure situations?
How will JH handle the minutes? We have several guys that are at similar level.
Who will step up and have a break out season?
Who will fans blame.
What number lottery pick do we get.

Should be interesting.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
10/3/2017  3:24 PM
NYKBocker wrote:very curious how Dotson and McDermott plays.
Im bullish on Dotson and think he's a real sleeper. That being said I dont see how he gets early rotation minutes. I suspect he's going to have to wait it out a bit for a his chance but we will see. McBuckets is in a contract year no? He will be interesting to watch for sure
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/3/2017  3:39 PM
If Beasley drops 25 tonight off the bench, I'm gonna put some money in Briggs commissary
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
USA
10/3/2017  3:40 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:Hope Frank plays but I understand they will baby him and they should. Last thing you want is a nagging groin injury. They can really slow you down and kill your lateral movement. They are also slow to heal so fingers crossed its nothing

Agree. Pre Season means nothing. NO reason to make matters worse for 12 minutes of meaningless ball. Just to satisfy the impatient.

Tonight, just looking to see who lets the game come to them and who looks to force taking over as the "main guy". Know it will take some time but It will be interesting to see what type of roles each player is willing to take on.

As for the year....
Who will fans blame.

Should be interesting.

I think I would rather see Frank sit out with a sore groin than go 1-5 in 12 minutes with 1 assist and 1 TO, but hey... we all measure success differently
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/3/2017  4:47 PM
Really looking forward to seeing Hardaway. He was playing at an allstar for about a month while in ATL...Curious to see he if continues to trend upward...
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/3/2017  4:51 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

As for the year....
Who will fans blame.

Should be interesting.

Smith had a lousy game last night. Or are we just counting games played???

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/3/2017  5:45 PM
If Frank is too hurt to play tonite, I hope they rest him for the entire preseason. Better than finding out he's starting the season hurt.
HofstraBBall

10/3/2017  5:54 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

As for the year....
Who will fans blame.

Should be interesting.

Smith had a lousy game last night. Or are we just counting games played???

Three ??? = inability to recognize sarcasm.

But your right. That 12 minutes he played really says it all.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/3/2017  5:56 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

As for the year....
Who will fans blame.

Should be interesting.

I think I would rather see Frank sit out with a sore groin than go 1-5 in 12 minutes with 1 assist and 1 TO, but hey... we all measure success differently

Groin is a pesky injury. No reasin to risk further injury as they take a long time to heal.

HofstraBBall

10/3/2017  5:57 PM
Meloshouldgo must be really excited....he gets to watch his favorite player/team and the team he pretends to be a fan of.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/3/2017  6:13 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Preseason Gamethread: Brooklyn starts it off

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy