[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Starting lineup?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/10/2017  12:45 PM
TLover wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I agree with those that say Lee is a top 5 player on this team so start him.

However if we are re-building as we should, we should start players that are younger and can still get better.

McDermott is 24 and can still become an athletic shooter who can give a team 13-14 points a game. He still has some upside.

We should start Kanter or Willy, same reasons.

We should start Ron Baker or Frank.

For me pretty simple

Rotation:
Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Kuzminskas
McDermott/Lee
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Ntilikina
Injury reserves/Foul trouble reserves/3rd unit
C:Noah/O'Quinn
F:Thomas/Beasley
G:Sessions

I'd be cool with that rotation.

Kuz hasn't played. Baker played once and not all that well. How do you come up with this rotation based off what currently happening on the Knicks? Cant base the rotation on hopes and dreams.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/10/2017  12:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:Alot of decent players are not going to play...

My starters:

KP, Lee, Kanter, Sessions, THJr

My rotation:

Beas, Dotson, Willy, Frank

That's our top 9 players... we still have Noah, Jack, KOQ, Thomas, McDermott, Kuz who deserve to play. You can't have a 15 man rotation. The cream has risen

I agree with this. Right now my rotation and minutes distribution would be:

C Kanter 26/Willy 22
PF Porzingis 34/Beasley 14
SF Lee 28/McDermott 20
SG Hardaway 32/Dotson 16
PG Sessions 20/Ntilikina 20/Baker 8

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/10/2017  12:53 PM
How about going all in on rebuild:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/10/2017  12:58 PM
After a few more preseason games...here is my new starting 5 and rotation

C - Willy - He gets the nod over Kanter for his defense, setting picks and rebounding.
PF - KP
SF - McDermott - Still going with Doug because of his 3 point marksmanship
SG - THJr
PG - Frank - I am going with Frank not only because he is our 1st pick this year but I think his defensive ability and outside shooting will complement THJr.

Bench -
Kanter - This is a big spot for him. He can feast on 2nd stringers and we can use his scoring ability in the 2nd unit. They can have a 3 man rotation on the 4/5 with Willy and KP
Baker - His defensive ability and ball movement is key.
Dotson - 3 and D. He can backup both the 3 and 2
CLee - Same as Dotson.
Kuz - Love his game.

Like everybody has said already, there will be a lot of players out of rotation that will be unhappy.

EnySpree

10/10/2017  1:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  1:25 PM
Knixkik wrote:

My starters:

My rotation:

That's our top 9 players... we still have Noah, Jack, KOQ, Thomas, McDermott, Kuz who deserve to play. You can't have a 15 man rotation. The cream has risen

C Kanter 26/Willy 22
SF Lee 28/McDermott 20
SG Hardaway 32/Dotson 16

At this point I don't see a need for McDermott... those 20 minutes could go to Dotson and Beas. Also Baker doesn't deserve to play unless someone is hurt. Those 8 minutes need to go to Sessions and Frank.

If I would break my 9 man rotation down:

C Kanter 28/Willy 20
Pf KP 33/Beasley 15
Sf Lee 28/Beasley 13/Dotson 7
Sg Hardaway 33/Dotson 15
Pg Sessions 26/Frank 22

Dotson 22 mins total... Beas 28 mins total.... KP is gonna be playing some center and Lee will play guard as well so this mintutes probably gonna be tweaked

I feel everyone in the rotation needs over 20 minutes consistently to build chemistry and confidence.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
10/10/2017  1:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

My starters:

My rotation:

C Kanter 26/Willy 22
SF Lee 28/McDermott 20
SG Hardaway 32/Dotson 16

At this point I don't see a need for McDermott... those 20 minutes could go to Dotson and Beas. Also Baker doesn't deserve to play unless someone is hurt. Those 8 minutes need to go to Sessions and Frank.

C Kanter 28/Willy 20
Pf KP 33/Beasley 15
Sg Hardaway 33/Dotson 15
Pg Sessions 26/Frank 22

Dotson 22 mins total... Beas 28 mins total.... KP is gonna be playing some center and Lee will play guard as well so this mintutes probably gonna be tweaked

I feel everyone in the rotation needs over 20 minutes consistently to build chemistry and confidence.

I definitely don't disagree. If we tighten up the rotation, i like this. I still think McD has value. If we are going to beat teams this year, we will do it with good 3point shooting and offensive explosions. McD is part of that as he is still our best shooter. Baker probably doesn't belong in the rotation yet, i just figured he might eventually be a solid change-of-pace player for a few minutes here and there, but ultimately i think Frank and Sessions should split the minutes pretty evenly at PG.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/10/2017  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2017  2:59 PM
EnySpree wrote:
TLover wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I agree with those that say Lee is a top 5 player on this team so start him.

However if we are re-building as we should, we should start players that are younger and can still get better.

McDermott is 24 and can still become an athletic shooter who can give a team 13-14 points a game. He still has some upside.

We should start Kanter or Willy, same reasons.

We should start Ron Baker or Frank.

For me pretty simple

Rotation:
Kanter/Willy
Porzingis/Kuzminskas
McDermott/Lee
Hardaway/Dotson
Baker/Ntilikina
Injury reserves/Foul trouble reserves/3rd unit
C:Noah/O'Quinn
F:Thomas/Beasley
G:Sessions

I'd be cool with that rotation.

Kuz hasn't played. Baker played once and not all that well. How do you come up with this rotation based off what currently happening on the Knicks? Cant base the rotation on hopes and dreams.

Don't think Mcbuckets nor Baker start. Even though JH loves them.

I am sticking to:

Willy - Kanter (KO gets some time if either not working)
KP - Beasley (LT gets some time)
Timmy - Mcbuckets (LT/Kuz gets some time if Buckets off)
Lee - Dotson (But think Baker will get the nod over Dots)
Frank - Sessions (Jack and Baker with some minutes)

Hope he sticks to a 9 or 10 man rotation, eventually. But think it will be more like above mentioned for first part of the yeat.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/10/2017  2:20 PM
the real question is what center will get the most pine time.....KOQ OR WILLY
ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/10/2017  2:23 PM
I personally feel like it's going to be a different line up every night. we have such fragile players, it's not going to change because it's the regular season.
ES
EnySpree

10/10/2017  3:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

My starters:

My rotation:

C Kanter 26/Willy 22
SF Lee 28/McDermott 20
SG Hardaway 32/Dotson 16

C Kanter 28/Willy 20
Pf KP 33/Beasley 15
Sg Hardaway 33/Dotson 15
Pg Sessions 26/Frank 22

I definitely don't disagree. If we tighten up the rotation, i like this. I still think McD has value. If we are going to beat teams this year, we will do it with good 3point shooting and offensive explosions. McD is part of that as he is still our best shooter. Baker probably doesn't belong in the rotation yet, i just figured he might eventually be a solid change-of-pace player for a few minutes here and there, but ultimately i think Frank and Sessions should split the minutes pretty evenly at PG.

Injuries, change of pace, different looks, sparks.... We're going to need guys to be ready to step in from time to time.

I wish I could watch practice. I can't get enough

Ira
Member: #91
10/10/2017  5:17 PM
If it were up to me, I wouldn't start anyone who didn't play d. Players need to know that playing d is important if they want minutes. So I would go with

C - Noah/Willy
PF - KP
SF - Lee
SG - THJr
PG - Sessions/Frank

Knixkik
USA
10/10/2017  6:23 PM
Ira wrote:If it were up to me, I wouldn't start anyone who didn't play d. Players need to know that playing d is important if they want minutes. So I would go with

C - Noah/Willy
PF - KP
SF - Lee
SG - THJr
PG - Sessions/Frank

The problem with that idea is we will be a bad defensive team no matter who we play. While I understand this logic, the only way we have a chance at winning games is if we put a good offensive unit out there. Noah is a situational backup at this point. He's almost unusable against some teams because no one will need to guard him and will just double KP all day. We would be playing 4 on 5 offensively.

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/10/2017  8:18 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

My starters:

My rotation:

C Kanter 26/Willy 22
SF Lee 28/McDermott 20
SG Hardaway 32/Dotson 16

C Kanter 28/Willy 20
Pf KP 33/Beasley 15
Sg Hardaway 33/Dotson 15
Pg Sessions 26/Frank 22

Agree but wonder where Noah comes in.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/10/2017  11:34 PM
Starters :

Here’s where I’m coming from:

I want athleticism-defense and two way players.

First the following players will play but by year end I suspect they’ll move on either because they cost too much, can’t play two way or aren’t the guys to take you to the promised land. Let them prove me wrong and make the rotation

Sessions
NOAH (stretch)
Sessions
Kuz
Jack
Kanter
McDermott
BEASLEY

TRADE BAIT: Lee, OQuinn, Kanter ($33 million)

This leaves the following players who will be the rotation by years end :

-KP 4/5
-Wily 4/5

-L Thomas 3/4
-Dotson 2/3
-THJr 2/3
-Ntilikina 1
-Baker 1/2

If we only win 20+ games Begley works as he too would be a 4/5 and rotate upfront with KP/Wily. The dream team.
Porter fits extremely well at the 3 and L Thomas becomes expendable. Doncic, while a super talent doesn’t fit as
Well as he pulls the ball out of Franks Hands and his athleticism at the NBA level as a two way talent may be exposed.

Thus the above 7 with Begley or Porter and whoever makes the rotation from the first tier (McDermott, Beasley for example)rounds out the 10 rotation.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/11/2017  3:20 AM
starters should be frankie,thjr,dotson,KP,willy because no other line up has proven otherwise and that 5 is our future. baker as the 6th man to bring more defense and energy
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/11/2017  9:48 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Ira wrote:If it were up to me, I wouldn't start anyone who didn't play d. Players need to know that playing d is important if they want minutes. So I would go with

C - Noah/Willy
PF - KP
SF - Lee
SG - THJr
PG - Sessions/Frank

The problem with that idea is we will be a bad defensive team no matter who we play. While I understand this logic, the only way we have a chance at winning games is if we put a good offensive unit out there. Noah is a situational backup at this point. He's almost unusable against some teams because no one will need to guard him and will just double KP all day. We would be playing 4 on 5 offensively.

Trading away Rolo is possibly going to be one of the single biggest blunders this franchise has ever made. As much as our backcourt suhucked at the time, we went from #1 in at least one defensive rating to the bottom of the barrel...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/11/2017  10:48 PM
Jeff Hornacek says the battle for minutes/starting position among Enes Kanter, Kyle O'Quinn, Willy Hernangomez and Joakim Noah (suspended for first 12 games) is ongoing: "Who's going to step up there and take the reins and make the coaches say, ‘I can't take that guy off the floor?' That battle is still going on with those big guys. Guys who play good defense, roll to the basket every time and play unselfishly will end up with the minutes…. It's crazy because one day we're saying, okay, these two guys. Then the next day after a practice or a game, maybe it's those two guys. So it's really close with those guys."

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0709949184983177989-4
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/11/2017  11:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jeff Hornacek says the battle for minutes/starting position among Enes Kanter, Kyle O'Quinn, Willy Hernangomez and Joakim Noah (suspended for first 12 games) is ongoing: "Who's going to step up there and take the reins and make the coaches say, ‘I can't take that guy off the floor?' That battle is still going on with those big guys. Guys who play good defense, roll to the basket every time and play unselfishly will end up with the minutes…. It's crazy because one day we're saying, okay, these two guys. Then the next day after a practice or a game, maybe it's those two guys. So it's really close with those guys."

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0709949184983177989-4

Beasley, Kanter, Willy have earned the front court mins around KP this preseason. Lee, Hardaway, Dotson, Beasley have earned the mins on the wing. Sessions & Frank for the PG duties. Kuz and Baker can push Sessions and Dotson/Beasley if they can get healthy and prove it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/12/2017  7:52 AM
NYKBocker wrote:After a few more preseason games...here is my new starting 5 and rotation

C - Willy - He gets the nod over Kanter for his defense, setting picks and rebounding.
PF - KP
SF - McDermott - Still going with Doug because of his 3 point marksmanship
SG - THJr
PG - Frank - I am going with Frank not only because he is our 1st pick this year but I think his defensive ability and outside shooting will complement THJr.

Bench -
Kanter - This is a big spot for him. He can feast on 2nd stringers and we can use his scoring ability in the 2nd unit. They can have a 3 man rotation on the 4/5 with Willy and KP
Baker - His defensive ability and ball movement is key.
Dotson - 3 and D. He can backup both the 3 and 2
CLee - Same as Dotson.
Kuz - Love his game.

Like everybody has said already, there will be a lot of players out of rotation that will be unhappy.

I’m thinking the same lineup & rotation.. egos & contracts aside this is the squad I’d like to see on the floor.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/12/2017  8:19 AM
starting 3 and 5 seems to be the biggest uncertainty.

mcbuckets is 6'8 and has the size for the 3. but isnt Dotson at 6'6 or Lee a better defender at the 3? All three can shoot.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Starting lineup?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy