Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/19/2017  12:41 PM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher

Ruptured Patella Tendon! I felt so bad seeing Lin’s reaction. Reminded me of OBJ crying when he realized his season was over. With Hayward going down it’s been a rough start of the season.

Wow....Lin has a string of bad luck sense he left the Knicks....He knew something was wrong right away. it looked like he was saying, "I'm done. I'm done." I feel for him.

It was always one of my major concerns for him. And why I always felt he would be better off as a 6th man. I didn't see him physically holding up in the NBA over 82 games as a starter getting 30+mins. Think it was one of the main reasons Larry Brown said he viewed him mostly as a 6th man. He has a slight build yet his style of play took a lot of punishment.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2017  12:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:Lin injured his knee...Not sure how bad it is but his reaction indicates it is pretty bad or it just scared the life out of him...He did manage to limp to the locker room; no stretcher

Ruptured Patella Tendon! I felt so bad seeing Lin’s reaction. Reminded me of OBJ crying when he realized his season was over. With Hayward going down it’s been a rough start of the season.

oh wow, hadn't heard that

That is the injury Victor Cruz had. In his case it pretty much ended his career.

Man, just hate to see that

Lin is such a classy guy. I was impressed with that he said to KMart in response to his dreads. Dude just cant stay healthy though.

Same

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

10/19/2017  1:58 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Two season-ending injuries to key players (for their respective teams, of course)in their first games of the season.

Sucks for general fans of the sport. Don't root for the two BB players' teams, and dislike OBJ a great deal, but I hate seeing guys get hurt. Part of any sport, but still sucks.

This is why I like players with minimal vertical leaping ability.

As I always tell my girlfriend after she sees a pile of papers she needs to work on fall over on their own or get knocked over by one of our pets...gravity and the laws of physics can be a bytch.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/19/2017  2:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:If you are making decisions is basketball

Here is the bottom line for tonight

The winning team avg 114 points--the trend is being able to score points--no doubt about it.

PS the top rookies to stand out

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

I was waiting to see what people would say about Smith Jr as I know many here coveted him and still feel the Knicks are stupid for not taking him. He looked great on offense. Did you see him on defense? Schroder dropped 30 and Marco Belini looked like he was playing vs. YMCA players.
So year.. Smith's box score looked great.

Hawk PGs: 20-40, 48pts, 10 assists

Barea wasnt any better.

Knicks have been so bad defensively for years. I liked DSjr a lot but I am ok with them passing on someone who may not be able to guard anyone. When he becomes the next Isiah Thomas we will know I Was wrong!

For the record the comment im about t say has nothing to do with Smith jr. But how do the Mavs lose to the Hawks? Hawks are a rebuilding team with limited talent. Mavs have vets like Dirk, Mathews, Barnes, Barea, to go with young talent like Smith jr & Noel. And coached by a future HOFer. Wasn't a good start for them. The West is stacked they can't afford to lose those games.

they lost because Hawks got almost 50 points and 10 dimes from the PG position. I mean points are important, and defense is the last thing NBA generally become good at, speed of game and all. Looking forward to seeing our guy tonight. Just stay healthy baby.

Did you see the game? Fact is, Marco played the 3 (nothing to do with Smith) Yogi and Barea were on Shroeder most of game. Fyi. He was the first Rookie since Jason Kidd to get +15/+10 in first game. All plating with a bad ankle which he reinjired im first half but still came back. But the thing that impressed me the most was his 10 assists. Many here thought he was going to be a shoot first guard. Hawks did shoot 51% including 50 from three point line.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/19/2017  2:43 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

The winning team avg 114 points--the trend is being able to score points--no doubt about it.

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

I was waiting to see what people would say about Smith Jr as I know many here coveted him and still feel the Knicks are stupid for not taking him. He looked great on offense. Did you see him on defense? Schroder dropped 30 and Marco Belini looked like he was playing vs. YMCA players.

Barea wasnt any better.

Knicks have been so bad defensively for years. I liked DSjr a lot but I am ok with them passing on someone who may not be able to guard anyone. When he becomes the next Isiah Thomas we will know I Was wrong!

For the record the comment im about t say has nothing to do with Smith jr. But how do the Mavs lose to the Hawks? Hawks are a rebuilding team with limited talent. Mavs have vets like Dirk, Mathews, Barnes, Barea, to go with young talent like Smith jr & Noel. And coached by a future HOFer. Wasn't a good start for them. The West is stacked they can't afford to lose those games.

they lost because Hawks got almost 50 points and 10 dimes from the PG position. I mean points are important, and defense is the last thing NBA generally become good at, speed of game and all. Looking forward to seeing our guy tonight. Just stay healthy baby.

Did you see the game? Fact is, Marco played the 3 (nothing to do with Smith) Yogi and Barea were on Shroeder most of game. Fyi. He was the first Rookie since Jason Kidd to get +15/+10 in first game. All plating with a bad ankle which he reinjired im first half but still came back. But the thing that impressed me the most was his 10 assists. Many here thought he was going to be a shoot first guard. Hawks did shoot 51% including 50 from three point line.

nobody who scouted him can deny his ability on offense. He gets into open space. Will he be durable (have not seen that), can he be a winning player (have not seen that) and can he defend (have no seen that). Hey... I was the one who started the thread to make a case for drafting him. He's a wildcard talent. I cracked up at some of the stuff that was written about how insane it was we took Frank over him and it just wasnt. Plenty of very good reasons to take Frank aside from him only being picked because he was "a triangle player"
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
HofstraBBall

10/19/2017  3:08 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That is the injury Victor Cruz had. In his case it pretty much ended his career.

Man, just hate to see that

Lin is such a classy guy. I was impressed with that he said to KMart in response to his dreads. Dude just cant stay healthy though.

Same

Never like seeing someones career threatened by injury. Feel bad for him.

HofstraBBall

10/19/2017  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  8:22 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

John Collins Atlanta
DEnnis Smith Dallas

Barea wasnt any better.

nobody who scouted him can deny his ability on offense. He gets into open space. Will he be durable (have not seen that), can he be a winning player (have not seen that) and can he defend (have no seen that). Hey... I was the one who started the thread to make a case for drafting him. He's a wildcard talent. I cracked up at some of the stuff that was written about how insane it was we took Frank over him and it just wasnt. Plenty of very good reasons to take Frank aside from him only being picked because he was "a triangle player"

Yep. Im sticking to my original post. Smith JR. has shown for a long time, he deserved to be top 5. And yes, Frank, was Phil's prototypical "Triangle guard". As he picked him and he is the Triangle Zen Master. Always picked his PG based on Truangle fit. Reason why I hated the pick. Why pick a guy for a system that is dead? But I know, I know, "LENGHT".

We shall see my friend. This is one prediction I am hoping to be wrong about.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/19/2017  4:28 PM
"I must break you." - Kristaps Porzingis to Rocky Balboa
reub
Member: #6227

10/19/2017  5:11 PM
Call me crazy but Boston is going to have major problems this year. They're very young and unproven. Horford is getting old. They changed a lot of pieces on their roster so there's the learning curve. Their defense is worse. The Knicks might beat them out.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/20/2017  12:16 AM
L.Ball looks horrible tonight.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
10/20/2017  2:10 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:L.Ball looks horrible tonight.

Intensity P Beverly 10
L Ball 2

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/20/2017  7:44 AM
reub wrote:Call me crazy but Boston is going to have major problems this year. They're very young and unproven. Horford is getting old. They changed a lot of pieces on their roster so there's the learning curve. Their defense is worse. The Knicks might beat them out.

Do you really believe that??? Knicks better than the Celts? Ha Ha Celts still have so much more talent than the Knicks. Much better coach. I don't think Knicks starters could beat the Celts backups.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/20/2017  9:20 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
reub wrote:Call me crazy but Boston is going to have major problems this year. They're very young and unproven. Horford is getting old. They changed a lot of pieces on their roster so there's the learning curve. Their defense is worse. The Knicks might beat them out.

Do you really believe that??? Knicks better than the Celts? Ha Ha Celts still have so much more talent than the Knicks. Much better coach. I don't think Knicks starters could beat the Celts backups.

for all of their stockpiled picks etc, Celts best players were striking gold with IT and Jae Crowder -- second rounders that other teams passed on (including us). Now it could be they were lucky or it could be Ainge knows exactly what he's doing and he's parlayed those guys into a team that will come together and be better than last year. So far I have doubts. Heinsohn (aka Mother of All Homers) was berating Kyrie in the last game for the 1 on 2; 1 on 3 mentality. They lost a lot of swagger and intensity when shipping those guys.

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/20/2017  11:12 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:L.Ball looks horrible tonight.

He did, I don't particularly like him, but I do think the media needs to back off him for a while- it was his first nba regular season game, it's going to take a while. He's just a rookie, it's not fair to punish him for his dad's talk.

reub

10/20/2017  7:48 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

for all of their stockpiled picks etc, Celts best players were striking gold with IT and Jae Crowder -- second rounders that other teams passed on (including us). Now it could be they were lucky or it could be Ainge knows exactly what he's doing and he's parlayed those guys into a team that will come together and be better than last year. So far I have doubts. Heinsohn (aka Mother of All Homers) was berating Kyrie in the last game for the 1 on 2; 1 on 3 mentality. They lost a lot of swagger and intensity when shipping those guys.

If the Celtics played in the West this year I doubt they'd make the playoffs. They're relying on Brown and Tatum an awful lot. Their defense is much, much worse than last year. They will struggle.

reub

10/20/2017  7:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  7:57 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

You mean Shane Larkin, Rozier, Ojeleye, Baynes and Nader?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/20/2017  9:16 PM
Cavs are so deep....So many combos for Lue to play with...the best unit of the night was Lebron at point, Korver, crowder, Love and Green. That lineup opened up a lead..shooting from Korver and Love, D from Green and Crowder who also ran the floor well and Lebron orchestrating the offense....2nd half, they blew the game open with Lebron and Love on the bench...JR, Shump, Wade and Thompson running the floor making plays...whats crazy is Isaiah will be joining this team shortly...wow!
reub

10/20/2017  10:07 PM
Uptown wrote:Cavs are so deep....So many combos for Lue to play with...the best unit of the night was Lebron at point, Korver, crowder, Love and Green. That lineup opened up a lead..shooting from Korver and Love, D from Green and Crowder who also ran the floor well and Lebron orchestrating the offense....2nd half, they blew the game open with Lebron and Love on the bench...JR, Shump, Wade and Thompson running the floor making plays...whats crazy is Isaiah will be joining this team shortly...wow!

Yeah, if IT comes back healthy they'll be real tough. That could take a while because hip injuries can be very hard to heal. I think that the Raptors are more of a threat to the Cavs than Boston is, to be honest.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/21/2017  12:10 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Boston did a good move on draft night trade by grabbing Tatum n a future pick .. after that .. Boston screwed 3 of their top players that took the team to the ECF last season .. I would have held onto a season-injury IT .. Plus I myself would take a healthy IT over Kyrie every day of the week .. I seen how well IT motivate his teammates at Washington Huskies in the pac 10.
I don't believe Boston Ainge were to bright in the offseason giving up Bradley Crowder n IT too.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2017  12:50 AM
Lonzo with the bounce back. 29-11-9.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.