Member: #538
USA
10/19/2017  4:28 PM
AUTOADVERT
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/19/2017  5:11 PM
Call me crazy but Boston is going to have major problems this year. They're very young and unproven. Horford is getting old. They changed a lot of pieces on their roster so there's the learning curve. Their defense is worse. The Knicks might beat them out.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/20/2017  12:16 AM
L.Ball looks horrible tonight.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/20/2017  2:10 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:L.Ball looks horrible tonight.

Intensity P Beverly 10
L Ball 2

RIP Crushalot😞
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/20/2017  7:44 AM
reub wrote:Call me crazy but Boston is going to have major problems this year. They're very young and unproven. Horford is getting old. They changed a lot of pieces on their roster so there's the learning curve. Their defense is worse. The Knicks might beat them out.

Do you really believe that??? Knicks better than the Celts? Ha Ha Celts still have so much more talent than the Knicks. Much better coach. I don't think Knicks starters could beat the Celts backups.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/20/2017  9:20 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
reub wrote:Call me crazy but Boston is going to have major problems this year. They're very young and unproven. Horford is getting old. They changed a lot of pieces on their roster so there's the learning curve. Their defense is worse. The Knicks might beat them out.

Do you really believe that??? Knicks better than the Celts? Ha Ha Celts still have so much more talent than the Knicks. Much better coach. I don't think Knicks starters could beat the Celts backups.

for all of their stockpiled picks etc, Celts best players were striking gold with IT and Jae Crowder -- second rounders that other teams passed on (including us). Now it could be they were lucky or it could be Ainge knows exactly what he's doing and he's parlayed those guys into a team that will come together and be better than last year. So far I have doubts. Heinsohn (aka Mother of All Homers) was berating Kyrie in the last game for the 1 on 2; 1 on 3 mentality. They lost a lot of swagger and intensity when shipping those guys.

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/20/2017  11:12 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:L.Ball looks horrible tonight.

He did, I don't particularly like him, but I do think the media needs to back off him for a while- it was his first nba regular season game, it's going to take a while. He's just a rookie, it's not fair to punish him for his dad's talk.

reub

10/20/2017  7:48 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

for all of their stockpiled picks etc, Celts best players were striking gold with IT and Jae Crowder -- second rounders that other teams passed on (including us). Now it could be they were lucky or it could be Ainge knows exactly what he's doing and he's parlayed those guys into a team that will come together and be better than last year. So far I have doubts. Heinsohn (aka Mother of All Homers) was berating Kyrie in the last game for the 1 on 2; 1 on 3 mentality. They lost a lot of swagger and intensity when shipping those guys.

If the Celtics played in the West this year I doubt they'd make the playoffs. They're relying on Brown and Tatum an awful lot. Their defense is much, much worse than last year. They will struggle.

reub

10/20/2017  7:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  7:57 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

You mean Shane Larkin, Rozier, Ojeleye, Baynes and Nader?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/20/2017  9:16 PM
Cavs are so deep....So many combos for Lue to play with...the best unit of the night was Lebron at point, Korver, crowder, Love and Green. That lineup opened up a lead..shooting from Korver and Love, D from Green and Crowder who also ran the floor well and Lebron orchestrating the offense....2nd half, they blew the game open with Lebron and Love on the bench...JR, Shump, Wade and Thompson running the floor making plays...whats crazy is Isaiah will be joining this team shortly...wow!
reub

10/20/2017  10:07 PM
Uptown wrote:Cavs are so deep....So many combos for Lue to play with...the best unit of the night was Lebron at point, Korver, crowder, Love and Green. That lineup opened up a lead..shooting from Korver and Love, D from Green and Crowder who also ran the floor well and Lebron orchestrating the offense....2nd half, they blew the game open with Lebron and Love on the bench...JR, Shump, Wade and Thompson running the floor making plays...whats crazy is Isaiah will be joining this team shortly...wow!

Yeah, if IT comes back healthy they'll be real tough. That could take a while because hip injuries can be very hard to heal. I think that the Raptors are more of a threat to the Cavs than Boston is, to be honest.

Kemet
Member: #6148

10/21/2017  12:10 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Boston did a good move on draft night trade by grabbing Tatum n a future pick .. after that .. Boston screwed 3 of their top players that took the team to the ECF last season .. I would have held onto a season-injury IT .. Plus I myself would take a healthy IT over Kyrie every day of the week .. I seen how well IT motivate his teammates at Washington Huskies in the pac 10.
I don't believe Boston Ainge were to bright in the offseason giving up Bradley Crowder n IT too.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2017  12:50 AM
Lonzo with the bounce back. 29-11-9.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/21/2017  4:34 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Lonzo with the bounce back. 29-11-9.

Yep, premature haters look foolish. They need to back off now and let him have a rookie year

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/21/2017  2:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Yep, premature haters look foolish. They need to back off now and let him have a rookie year

Have said it before, this kid has "Magic Johnson" type feel for the game. Haters are understandably fueled by the dad. Kid seems humble and composed.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
USA
10/21/2017  2:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Have said it before, this kid has "Magic Johnson" type feel for the game. Haters are understandably fueled by the dad. Kid seems humble and composed.

ROY race is going to be interesting. I haven't had a chance to watch Philly but Simmons appears to be off to a great start.
CrushAlot
USA
10/21/2017  4:07 PM
Pelicans are waiving Jordan Crawford.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2017  4:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Pelicans are waiving Jordan Crawford.

to sign Jameer Nelson:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-jameer-nelson-agrees-deal-new-orleans-pelicans-190909886.html

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/21/2017  4:56 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Magic also had an unorthodox jump shot.

Feel bad that he has had to put up with his father...thought he looked uncomfortable around him at times.

Also feel that premature haters should back off of ALL rookies...including those in the NY Metro area. But hey...what do I know.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
10/22/2017  1:00 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Magic also had an unorthodox jump shot.

Feel bad that he has had to put up with his father...thought he looked uncomfortable around him at times.

Also feel that premature haters should back off of ALL rookies...including those in the NY Metro area. But hey...what do I know.

Unorthodox would be generous.

Long term issue. The worst kept secret in the league right now is that in the offseason, both Paul George and LeBron James will be Lakers.

LBJ is ball dominant and the primary ball handler on all of his teams. Functional basketball means only one guy should really be doing most of the dribbling/ball handling. LBJ has shown clearly that his preferred method of offense is letting him do what he wants, and surrounding him with long range shooters.

The other issues are that LaVar Ball has already made enemies with Nike. And Nike and the league and networks don't want a circus with LaVar Ball saying and doing stupid thing to incite LBJ, who is an idiot in his own right. LBJ doesn't like anyone else hogging his spotlight. Lonzo Ball might be offseason trade fodder. That's not a good decision since he's cost controlled, but since when has LBJ made good personnel decisions?

Ball needs to show good off ball movement ( at some point, the Lakers have to try to let him play SG to see how he can adapt with LBJ or not) and get his shot going this season.

I think no matter what he does, he gets traded in the offseason. LBJ is that stupid. He's just really stupid.

Mocking Dirk when the guy was playing sick in front of the cameras in his first year in Miami, I mean what a dufus. Just the wide ranging fallout of The Decision probably drove Stern into retirement. He was 25 years old and made owners beg and get on their knees to him, while he already knew what he wanted and was toying with them all. Much of the last two labor cycles was LBJ related fallout.

I can't remember who it was, Danny Leroux? That said he was pretty sure LeBron is going to stay with the cavs. Also, Westbrook re-upping and the Melo trade probably keep George in OKC. All of the LBJ, George to LA were before a wild offseason. George was a Pacer, and Crwder, Wade, Isiah and Brooklyn's pick weren't cavs. If you posted this in June I would agree. I don't think it happens now. I think the Cavs have a good chance at beating the Warriors.
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy