Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2018  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Minny (Thibs) signed Rose for the rest of the season. I hope Perry keeps an open line with Thibs.

Thibodeau is probably hoping Noah gets bought out. He seems determined to recreate the Bulls in Minny. Noah probably would love that.

Hope Perry can exploit this situation.

Might want to contact the Minny GM?
The more Minny could pay Noah, the more discount he can take from knicks.

unfortuntely Minny WAAAYYY over cap for the foreseeable future

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2018  1:08 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Minny (Thibs) signed Rose for the rest of the season. I hope Perry keeps an open line with Thibs.

Thibodeau is probably hoping Noah gets bought out. He seems determined to recreate the Bulls in Minny. Noah probably would love that.

2 years at 5mil per?
C'mon, everyone can find Ron Burgandy money!!

martin
USA
3/8/2018  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

2 years at 5mil per?

I'm not good at luxury tax calculations but that COULD cost Minny upwards of double.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2018  4:42 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

2 years at 5mil per?

I'm not good at luxury tax calculations but that COULD cost Minny upwards of double.

Noah should offer to subtract one season's salary (at least) in a buyout for stealing whatever he was paid for his first season in NY. That would be a stand up guy thing to do.

knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
3/10/2018  8:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

2 years at 5mil per?

Noah should offer to subtract one season's salary (at least) in a buyout for stealing whatever he was paid for his first season in NY. That would be a stand up guy thing to do.

Love this. Dumb ass exec Phil Jackson, who some clowns drooled over when he came to the Knicks, signs a washed up player only because he has a big man passing ability fetish.....is stealing money. I guess Tim Hardaway is 'stealing" money too because the dude plays like he did as a rookie.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/10/2018  1:28 PM
Lakers signed Derrick Williams to a ten day contract, and UConn fired Kevin Ollie for cause. Means they are trying to get out of paying the rest of his deal. Maybe because of the NCAA stuff.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/10/2018  8:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2018  8:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Lakers signed Derrick Williams to a ten day contract, and UConn fired Kevin Ollie for cause. Means they are trying to get out of paying the rest of his deal. Maybe because of the NCAA stuff.

Uconn sacrificed their basketball program for football...they shoudl have never left the big east. They were a top 10 program in the Big East, now, they are hardly on TV, playing mid-major schools that aint even in the metropolitan region....They need to go back to the big east...

Nalod
USA
3/11/2018  10:28 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

2 years at 5mil per?

Im thinking next season they can clear a bit AFTER we buy him out.
Nalod
USA
3/12/2018  9:37 AM
Parity out west is amazing! True playoff ramifications for so many teams!!
martin
USA
3/14/2018  11:10 AM
Don't watch much outside of Knicks: what is going on with Detroit?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2018  11:53 AM
martin wrote:Don't watch much outside of Knicks: what is going on with Detroit?

not really fair... Detroit has no guards. They are really weak there esp with no Jackson and LAC has had a very creampuff schedule. They have a couple good wins but most against NBA tankers.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/14/2018  12:45 PM
fishmike wrote:

not really fair... Detroit has no guards. They are really weak there esp with no Jackson and LAC has had a very creampuff schedule. They have a couple good wins but most against NBA tankers.

Griffin's salary is horrific however, especially those last 2 years

martin
USA
3/14/2018  12:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Griffin's salary is horrific however, especially those last 2 years

yeah, it's gonna be the same for all of these supermax players who extend for 5 years and their last 2 years are in the $40M-$45M range. Nearly half the current cap.

martin
USA
3/14/2018  1:43 PM
Not sure how you fracture shooting hand thumb and only miss a month:

Nalod
USA
3/17/2018  11:40 AM
Pistons needed a box office draw.
They got “Melowed”.
This is a great example of clippers selling their star and thinking longer term.
Chris Paul was due big money also and if he resigned, and Griff stayed they would be stuck.
As for Detroit, we dont’ know if this was the owners idea (I tend to lean that way given the box office angle). It’s reported Stan Van presidency is on the line as Arn Tellen is wanting a go at it. The days of the star coach as president seems to be going the other way as only Pop has that control. SVG got a big contact and not much has improved. Remember they have a new arena down town Detroit. Redwings attendance is not that stellar either.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/17/2018  2:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Pistons needed a box office draw.
They got “Melowed”.
This is a great example of clippers selling their star and thinking longer term.
Chris Paul was due big money also and if he resigned, and Griff stayed they would be stuck.
As for Detroit, we dont’ know if this was the owners idea (I tend to lean that way given the box office angle). It’s reported Stan Van presidency is on the line as Arn Tellen is wanting a go at it. The days of the star coach as president seems to be going the other way as only Pop has that control. SVG got a big contact and not much has improved. Remember they have a new arena down town Detroit. Redwings attendance is not that stellar either.
The money Blake, Wall, and Conley have gotten is scary and franchise crushing. The Pistons had a nice team. Blake desperately needs a point guard that can hit the three and is better than Ish. Jackson coming back should help but I think the Pistons are stuck with a mediocre team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/22/2018  8:17 PM
Willy got start tonight--playing well. Kemba on pace for 50+
RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/23/2018  3:15 PM
how does a team lose by 61 points...that's crazy
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
3/23/2018  5:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:how does a team lose by 61 points...that's crazy

The Willy Hernangomez era of dominance has commenced!

Gudris
Member: #6213

3/24/2018  4:09 PM
Curry and Irving probably out for the season
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy