[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/13/2017  12:31 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:The Rockets might win the West this year the way CP3 is playing. He is having games of 16 assists and 0 turnovers. Since his return they are #1 in offense, #1 in defense, #3 in assists.

The defense part to me is the amazing stat.

MDA finally gets players and he is off to the races again.

You wonder how the NBA landscape would differ now if we had been able to draft Curry. Also shows that in many cases having players willing to go hard on the defensive end is more important than a coaching philosophy on D, though I don't know if MDA has a defensive assistant known for getting results.

Have not watched Houston much... Capela, Paul, and Ariza are know to play D, and you have Tucker and Mbah a Moute who are known for playing it, but Harden and Anderson have never been advertised as great defenders.

Is this Paul bringing some leadership to the team on this end? Is Harden playing D, now? Is Paul pushing him at all?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2017  12:41 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:The Rockets might win the West this year the way CP3 is playing. He is having games of 16 assists and 0 turnovers. Since his return they are #1 in offense, #1 in defense, #3 in assists.

You wonder how the NBA landscape would differ now if we had been able to draft Curry. Also shows that in many cases having players willing to go hard on the defensive end is more important than a coaching philosophy on D, though I don't know if MDA has a defensive assistant known for getting results.

Have not watched Houston much... Capela, Paul, and Ariza are know to play D, and you have Tucker and Mbah a Moute who are known for playing it, but Harden and Anderson have never been advertised as great defenders.

Is this Paul bringing some leadership to the team on this end? Is Harden playing D, now? Is Paul pushing him at all?

MDA's suns were a pretty good defensive team. Warriors are too. The hyper ball movement is built on good defense.
Its about the right personel to implement it. MDA did not have the right make up. Paul is a very good leader. Harden is a superior talent but we have learned that itself is not a leadership qualifier. The ball has to move.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/13/2017  8:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2017  8:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Did MElo like money more than he hated Phil?
And really, what did Phil do that was so bloody awful?
Melo wanted to stay in NYC. That’s all we read. The he played it tough to trade. Not out of spite, but he had choices and wanted to maintain control. Nothing evil there.
It’s over, we moved on. Why do some of you think you know what he was REALLY thinking?
Why would anyone speculate about the most polarizing player on a team for the last 7 years on the team's message board? Here's a question I would love an answer to. Why would someone start a thread about leaving the board only to be the most prolific poster on the board for the month following their post?

lol...and then consistently talk about a player who's no longer on the team

Because it's funny and people want to read it. When someone sucks the life out of your team for 6 years you as a fan are going to talk about it.

6 yrs...lol, what about the 11 yrs we sucked ass before he got here..

I have watch the last couple thunder games, and he is far from the problem, and he is passing as well as any sf.

That westbrook guy is your problem, KANTER, OLAPIDO, KD, WAITERS, IBAKA, MCBUCKETS, HARDEN, SABONIS. THESE ARE SOME THE NAMES OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD that have leveled up their game since leaving westbrook.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/13/2017  9:20 PM
Can't believe they overturned that offensive foul call on Thad. No replays showed anything but an offensive foul.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
12/14/2017  9:32 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Drafting CUrry and him with MDA? Who knows. His ankle problems were pretty bad for a while. The crush of NY might have gotten the better of him.
If there was any way to retrace all the moves it would be interesting. My take is would have been involved in the Melo deal. But hard to reconstruct it all.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/14/2017  11:12 AM
So...Lebron praising Lonzo for his humility. And no praise for Mr. Ntilikina, the embodiment of it if there ever was a rookie like that. Lebron basically telling Lonzo...be humble around me when I come to LA next year, just remember I'll be the show in town. Tell your dad to shut up.

Also...HGH is readily available in LA

I don't think the Cavs are going to win tonight. That young laker team is going to win running circles around Lebron.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
12/14/2017  2:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Melo wanted to stay in NYC. That’s all we read. The he played it tough to trade. Not out of spite, but he had choices and wanted to maintain control. Nothing evil there.
It’s over, we moved on. Why do some of you think you know what he was REALLY thinking?
Why would anyone speculate about the most polarizing player on a team for the last 7 years on the team's message board? Here's a question I would love an answer to. Why would someone start a thread about leaving the board only to be the most prolific poster on the board for the month following their post?

You do realize OKC is all over the media and on a lot of national broadcasts?
You do realize whose coming to town on Sunday? No, not Santa, MELO!!!
Everyone favorite teammate.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/14/2017  2:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2017  2:20 PM
Would the Thunder and Cavs be interested in a Melo and George swap for Kevin Love, Crowder and Channing Frye in effect?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yamj5v4c

I can't imagine either team being confident they can beat the Warriors as constructed and with George's impending free agency, I could see OKC wanting the security of longer-term talent (Kevin Love and Crowder) and CLE looking for a talent upgrade at any cost. A starting front court of LeBron at center with Melo and George at the forward spots would be deadly.

Nalod
USA
12/15/2017  9:49 AM
Very Knick relevant:
Derrick Rose Disappears, JR reduced role, and Jose Caledron starts and they are on a tear.
Frye and Shump......
Freaking Cav's are full of ex-knicks!!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/15/2017  10:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because it's funny and people want to read it. When someone sucks the life out of your team for 6 years you as a fan are going to talk about it.

6 yrs...lol, what about the 11 yrs we sucked ass before he got here..

I have watch the last couple thunder games, and he is far from the problem, and he is passing as well as any sf.

That westbrook guy is your problem, KANTER, OLAPIDO, KD, WAITERS, IBAKA, MCBUCKETS, HARDEN, SABONIS. THESE ARE SOME THE NAMES OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD that have leveled up their game since leaving westbrook.

We talk about hose too. Why wouldn't we? It's Knicks history.
I am not a fan of Westbrook any more than I am of Melo - for mostly the same reasons.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2017  4:57 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

YOur initial post was asking why are people speculating about Melo and what he was going to do last offseason. You apparently didn't think that was topic worthy. Now you have spun it.
Nalod
USA
12/15/2017  6:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

YOur initial post was asking why are people speculating about Melo and what he was going to do last offseason. You apparently didn't think that was topic worthy. Now you have spun it.

People are speaking for Melo’s thoughts. I find it amusing.
MeloClaus is coming to town!!!! He made a no trade list, and checked it twice, found out OKC was not so naughty, and might be nice! You Better watch out, you better no spin, Melo gonna high volume shoot and Knicks get a win.......

CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2017  8:20 PM
Stauskas 4 for 4 from 3 in his net debut.
CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2017  9:19 PM
Wow. OKC cannot hold a lead in the 4th.
CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2017  9:22 PM
O T in Philly.
CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2017  9:57 PM
Game should be over. Robertson mauled by Embiid and no call with one second left. JVG going off.
Cartman718

12/15/2017  10:03 PM
so we should have no excuses to win tomorrow. we are playing a team thats coming into a back to back playing 3 OTs in the first night? i mean come on...if the knicks dont win this i will be very disappointed
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

12/15/2017  10:09 PM
wow philly is trying to give this game to OKC for the last 2 OTs and they can't take it
CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2017  10:15 PM
Wow. Wild game. Glad it was the night before the thunder play the Knicks. Westbrook needs to pass the ball.
Cartman718

12/15/2017  10:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Wild game. Glad it was the night before the thunder play the Knicks. Westbrook needs to pass the ball.

I caught the tail end of it, but on defense Philly was less than good. I thought OKC would have won it in the 2nd OT but they couldn't capitalize of Philly's mistakes on defense. I do feel like our defense is better. If KP plays then we better win. If KP doesn't play, it still better go down to the wire.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy