Member: #452
USA
12/11/2017  6:55 PM
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Thunder finally win again. George and Adams had huge games.

And then they lose to the nets

the end of that game was ridiculous, all the rush shots melo and westbrook took in the last 2 minutes of games. I'm talking 18 seconds on the shot clock and hoisting up off balance contested shots.

Good game from Melo though. I continue to be fascinated by any Knick fans who "follow" Melo. He did so much for this franchise

Best team he's ever played on. Career low FG%, assists and he sucks on defense. Everyday that trade gets older the clearer it becomes that we fleeced Presti

You could see over the past 2 years that his legs were shot. Haven't watched him this year and I am wondering about the same.

You have to wonder if all of the publicized summer videos were to boost his "value" for a trade. If PG opts out and moves on and Melo opts IN, OKC in trouble.

He's the worst kind of terrible because he doesnt know it yet. He still thinks he's a great player in the league. He just refuses to change. We saw it here for 2 years. Yes Phil handled it terribly, nobody will argue that. Bottom line is we had guy who demanded star treatment without star play or anything close to it. Great lockerroom guy though

This happens in sports. Lots of players go through this. The key is that your franchise sees it and moves on before it becomes damaging. We got out late, but we got out with something to show for it.

I might be one to argue that. I will agree it would have all been more pleasant if everything could have been kept in house etc. But what we don't know -- and won't know until Phil's next book -- is whether they tried dealing with the ball stopping etc in house and Melo just ignored it. Even if that didn't happen, we all know Phil has used media before as a tool before so not a huge surprise.

I for one seriously doubt Melo would be gone if not for Phil using his tactics (and to Crush etc., yes Phil gave him the contract -- hindsight is always 20/20)

Its not just hindsight, giving a player a ntc and huge trade kicker is giving them an incredible amount of power. Melo wasn't going to do Phil and help him to make a trade after all of the bad blood created. If Phil stayed Melo would either be a Knick, a rocket or bought out. If Melo ended up not being moved, my guess is that he would have reupped next year and then sought a buy out like Wade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
USA
12/11/2017  7:03 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/11/2017  7:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

the end of that game was ridiculous, all the rush shots melo and westbrook took in the last 2 minutes of games. I'm talking 18 seconds on the shot clock and hoisting up off balance contested shots.

Good game from Melo though. I continue to be fascinated by any Knick fans who "follow" Melo. He did so much for this franchise

Best team he's ever played on. Career low FG%, assists and he sucks on defense. Everyday that trade gets older the clearer it becomes that we fleeced Presti

You could see over the past 2 years that his legs were shot. Haven't watched him this year and I am wondering about the same.

You have to wonder if all of the publicized summer videos were to boost his "value" for a trade. If PG opts out and moves on and Melo opts IN, OKC in trouble.

He's the worst kind of terrible because he doesnt know it yet. He still thinks he's a great player in the league. He just refuses to change. We saw it here for 2 years. Yes Phil handled it terribly, nobody will argue that. Bottom line is we had guy who demanded star treatment without star play or anything close to it. Great lockerroom guy though

This happens in sports. Lots of players go through this. The key is that your franchise sees it and moves on before it becomes damaging. We got out late, but we got out with something to show for it.

I might be one to argue that. I will agree it would have all been more pleasant if everything could have been kept in house etc. But what we don't know -- and won't know until Phil's next book -- is whether they tried dealing with the ball stopping etc in house and Melo just ignored it. Even if that didn't happen, we all know Phil has used media before as a tool before so not a huge surprise.

I for one seriously doubt Melo would be gone if not for Phil using his tactics (and to Crush etc., yes Phil gave him the contract -- hindsight is always 20/20)

Its not just hindsight, giving a player a ntc and huge trade kicker is giving them an incredible amount of power. Melo wasn't going to do Phil and help him to make a trade after all of the bad blood created. If Phil stayed Melo would either be a Knick, a rocket or bought out. If Melo ended up not being moved, my guess is that he would have reupped next year and then sought a buy out like Wade.

Doesn't pass the easy smell test.

He hated Phil so much he wouldn't have wanted to get traded this summer AND would have re-upped AGAIN, still hating Phil and the circus and the situation, just out of spite?

And yet, a MUCH better GM and environment settles in and the first thing that happens is he gets moved? And there are reports that Melo would have opened up Portland as a destination too?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
12/11/2017  7:08 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He hated Phil so much he wouldn't have wanted to get traded this summer AND would have re-upped AGAIN, still hating Phil and the circus and the situation, just out of spite?

And yet, a MUCH better GM and environment settles in and the first thing that happens is he gets moved? And there are reports that Melo would have opened up Portland as a destination too?

Before Phil was fired he was saying he was happy in ny and wanted to stay.
martin
USA
12/11/2017  8:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

And yet afterwards we learned that he wanted to move on. CAUSE HE GOT TRADED

CrushAlot
USA
12/11/2017  8:34 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We know he wanted to move on. He just wasn't going to with Phil involved.
martin
USA
12/11/2017  8:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We definitely know Melo wanted to get Phil out, whether or not he would have stayed with Phil still on is up for debate, regardless of what his team said.

If Melo was AOK with staying in NY, why wouldn't he have stayed after Phil was let go? Doesn't make sense.

CrushAlot
USA
12/11/2017  9:04 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We definitely know Melo wanted to get Phil out, whether or not he would have stayed with Phil still on is up for debate, regardless of what his team said.

If Melo was AOK with staying in NY, why wouldn't he have stayed after Phil was let go? Doesn't make sense.

I think he wanted out but he also wasn't going to help Phil get what he wanted.
martin
USA
12/11/2017  10:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I think he wanted out but he also wasn't going to help Phil get what he wanted.

If Phil stayed on, do you think Melo acquiesces or stays out of spite for 2 more years?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2017  7:44 AM
Did MElo like money more than he hated Phil?
And really, what did Phil do that was so bloody awful?
Melo wanted to stay in NYC. That’s all we read. The he played it tough to trade. Not out of spite, but he had choices and wanted to maintain control. Nothing evil there.
It’s over, we moved on. Why do some of you think you know what he was REALLY thinking?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/12/2017  8:55 AM
The Rockets might win the West this year the way CP3 is playing. He is having games of 16 assists and 0 turnovers. Since his return they are #1 in offense, #1 in defense, #3 in assists.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/12/2017  9:00 AM
an indicator of how much espn hates the knicks. look at our ranking for all the teams hovering around 0.5 from 14-12 on down.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21731935/nba-power-rankings-our-expert-panel-unveils-rankings-week-9
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
USA
12/12/2017  10:17 AM
Cartman718 wrote:The Rockets might win the West this year the way CP3 is playing. He is having games of 16 assists and 0 turnovers. Since his return they are #1 in offense, #1 in defense, #3 in assists.

The defense part to me is the amazing stat.

MDA finally gets players and he is off to the races again.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/12/2017  10:58 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:The Rockets might win the West this year the way CP3 is playing. He is having games of 16 assists and 0 turnovers. Since his return they are #1 in offense, #1 in defense, #3 in assists.

The defense part to me is the amazing stat.

MDA finally gets players and he is off to the races again.

But the system clearly doesn't work. It's the modern version of the triangle. Shame on Houston for not sticking to the script and actually winning. I mean who does that?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
12/12/2017  4:58 PM
Nalod wrote:Did MElo like money more than he hated Phil?
Melo wanted to stay in NYC. That’s all we read. The he played it tough to trade. Not out of spite, but he had choices and wanted to maintain control. Nothing evil there.
It’s over, we moved on. Why do some of you think you know what he was REALLY thinking?
Why would anyone speculate about the most polarizing player on a team for the last 7 years on the team's message board? Here's a question I would love an answer to. Why would someone start a thread about leaving the board only to be the most prolific poster on the board for the month following their post?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/12/2017  5:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Why would anyone speculate about the most polarizing player on a team for the last 7 years on the team's message board? Here's a question I would love an answer to. Why would someone start a thread about leaving the board only to be the most prolific poster on the board for the month following their post?

lol...and then consistently talk about a player who's no longer on the team

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/12/2017  9:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

lol...and then consistently talk about a player who's no longer on the team

Because it's funny and people want to read it. When someone sucks the life out of your team for 6 years you as a fan are going to talk about it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
USA
12/13/2017  10:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

It’s a good question. Why would you ask it?
But, if you reread the post you question, you might see its really more conciliatory. I qustion why some of those there think they know what he was thinking. All I said was Melo wanted to stay. It’s all he gave us. Many like to think the know what he really wanted. “Nothing evil there”. What does that say? MElo was not out of bounds in my opinion.
Why did I come back? I’m enjoying the hell out of watching this team play. NOT Win, because that won’t happe every night. What I don’t like is when the team loses some show everyone has a better idea in hindsight.
So I had a bad day. Bad post. I thought that by posting a divorce thread I’d stay away. Didn’t work. Here I am.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/13/2017  12:14 PM
Lakers so unorganized last night. They have athletic talent but absolutely no style of play and poor chemistry
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
12/13/2017  12:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Lakers so unorganized last night. They have athletic talent but absolutely no style of play and poor chemistry

Is that for the whole season or last night?

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy