[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
arkrud
Posts: 30900
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
11/16/2017  10:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I want yo thank the 3 players from UCLA who have absolutely embarrassed the entire US over such gross behavior in another country. If you were not covered by your status you'd be doing 3-5 years in a Chinese jail and deserved every minute of it. One kid drives a Ferrari and has the audacity to steal from others? What a grotesque form of human behavior ucla should kick their asses out of school and the ncaa should suspend them for atleast two years. A big time example needs to be made and followed through here


I don’t think UCLA should treat this any different than if they had done the same in Beverly Hills.
As for Chinese shoplifting laws? Does their celebrity status lesson the penalty?
Nalod’s kids when over seas used to get a huge sit down before they left and got an earful from me about other countries laws, distain for U.S. citizens and not be gullible to put yourself in a bad situation. Serious damn business!

Make no mistake that Donald J. Trump is global embarrassment beyond anything LiAngelo Ball or his idiot father can muster.

They talked about this on Mike and Mike. Something happened where freshman football players stole another UCLA student's back pack in 2010. They were suspended for the season. But there was some speculation that because the youngest Ball is committed to UCLA that the University might not impose as harsh a penalty in this situation. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

The kid is not that good, might serve to redshirt him and use this as a "Big Ball Brand" ethics thing?
Im mixed on this. The level of stupidity is beyond words. The very nature of amateur athletics and the code of ethics should be upheld but fact is we flushed this higher morality a long time ago and university athletics is a high priced cash machine!!
Given this, they will likely suspend the three and bring them back around the first of the year. My guess. My hope is something hard was pre negotiated:
One year of jail or one year suspension. Or expelled, but no jail. The kid loses a year of play. Better than Jail??? Everyone saves face.
The act of what they stole is minor but to me its such a level of disrespect to the team, the university, China, the citizens of China, Lavar, his wife, family and reeks of entitlement spoiled player. Short term this hurts BBB branding.

Should stupidity be punished?
Will it make all stupid smart and stop doing this sht? Not at all.
Will it make smart bad boys better... no way.
Its about law to be the same for everyone. Pure, reach, smart, stupid, talented, ordinary, celebs, average Joe, black, white, man , woman, etc.
If this will be some regular American kids not ballers? Will they root in Chinise prison for 10 years?

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Posts: 56232
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2017  10:40 PM
Celtics up by 4 with just under 7 secs on the Warriors.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
CrushAlot
Posts: 56232
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2017  10:42 PM
Celtics beat the Warriors.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Uptown
Posts: 26497
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/16/2017  10:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Celtics up by 4 with just under 7 secs on the Warriors.

The Celts and the Refs are up 4....Some horrible calls down the stretch

Uptown
Posts: 26497
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/16/2017  10:43 PM
Also, the Warriors are to reliant on the 3...The score was tied and they are running down screens for Klay to shoot off balanced 3's...SMH
CrushAlot
Posts: 56232
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2017  11:19 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Celtics up by 4 with just under 7 secs on the Warriors.

The Celts and the Refs are up 4....Some horrible calls down the stretch

Had the sound off and was half watching. I know Kyrie seemed to go to the line every time down the court in the final two minutes. Tatum looks really good.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
GustavBahler
Posts: 33908
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/17/2017  12:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2017  12:17 AM
Watching the Rockets/Suns feels like watching two guys on a couch playing NBA2K. This is like a D'Antoni wet dream, lol.
Zebo13
Posts: 20376
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/31/2017
Member: #6434
USA
11/17/2017  2:51 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Celtics up by 4 with just under 7 secs on the Warriors.

The Celts and the Refs are up 4....Some horrible calls down the stretch

Had the sound off and was half watching. I know Kyrie seemed to go to the line every time down the court in the final two minutes. Tatum looks really good.

That game was garbage. Celtics got so many ridiculous fouls and no calls. Still woulda lost without GSW shooting terribly down the stretch. I feel like the Celtics are the new darlings of the east and they play hard defense so they’re pretty much just going to be allowed to maul us at will when we play them.

Chandler
Posts: 22378
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/17/2017  7:41 AM
I live in Boston and hate the Celtics. I confess to being wrong about Jaylen. Last year I thought he was a big bust risk. No shot. Looked lost etc. this year totally different

I agree re bad calls but feel they get the benefit of the doubt because they play w energy and most importantly play defense by moving their feet.

They play hard for 48

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
Knixkik
Posts: 29358
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/17/2017  10:28 AM
One thing to point out, i think the east is a lot better than people realize. A lot of good, young teams in the east coming together faster than expected.
Uptown
Posts: 26497
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/19/2017  9:48 AM
Chandler wrote:I live in Boston and hate the Celtics. I confess to being wrong about Jaylen. Last year I thought he was a big bust risk. No shot. Looked lost etc. this year totally different

I agree re bad calls but feel they get the benefit of the doubt because they play w energy and most importantly play defense by moving their feet.

They play hard for 48


The Celts remind me of the Riley Heat teams. They will never take a possession off, they will play hard every single game and overachieve in the reg season but once the playoffs start, talent will win out
TPercy
Posts: 24863
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

11/20/2017  10:11 PM
Lauri Markenenn has impressed the holy hell out of me. He is the closest person in the NBA right now to KP and its scary.


Bulls really got a gem.

The Future is Bright!
ekstarks94
Posts: 20459
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2015
Member: #6104

11/20/2017  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2017  11:14 PM
TPercy wrote:

Lauri Markenenn has impressed the holy hell out of me. He is the closest person in the NBA right now to KP and its scary.


Bulls really got a gem.

Maybe Phil wasn't so crazy after all...lhad Phil traded KP and got an extra pick or two..he was going to take this kid. He looks fluid like KP but he probably is not the rim protector KP is

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25530
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

11/20/2017  11:35 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Lauri Markenenn has impressed the holy hell out of me. He is the closest person in the NBA right now to KP and its scary.


Bulls really got a gem.

Maybe Phil wasn't so crazy after all...lhad Phil traded KP and got an extra pick or two..he was going to take this kid. He looks fluid like KP but he probably is not the rim protector KP is


TBH, I was kinda hoping Phil would draft him anyway.....the frontcourt would been hella soft, but could you imagine Lauri and KP running pick and rolls/pops off each other. Some real life video game stuff.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Posts: 50211
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/21/2017  9:08 AM
Shabazz Napier starting to really take off. Sometimes it takes guy time--especially when you are playing behind really good players. But he seems to have settled in as their third g.
NYKBocker
Posts: 35485
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/21/2017  8:43 PM
TPercy wrote:Lauri Markenenn has impressed the holy hell out of me. He is the closest person in the NBA right now to KP and its scary.


Bulls really got a gem.

Wow. Very KP like.
TPercy
Posts: 24863
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

11/21/2017  9:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Lauri Markenenn has impressed the holy hell out of me. He is the closest person in the NBA right now to KP and its scary.


Bulls really got a gem.

Maybe Phil wasn't so crazy after all...lhad Phil traded KP and got an extra pick or two..he was going to take this kid. He looks fluid like KP but he probably is not the rim protector KP is


TBH, I was kinda hoping Phil would draft him anyway.....the frontcourt would been hella soft, but could you imagine Lauri and KP running pick and rolls/pops off each other. Some real life video game stuff.

KP nor Markkanen are even that soft but yeah they could kill teams easily.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Posts: 24863
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

11/21/2017  9:46 PM
@NYBOCKER I know right? I usually scoff at people who compare KP to anyone but these two are strikingly similar.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Posts: 24863
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

11/21/2017  9:47 PM
Bulls v Lakers tonight which means we get to see some Kuzma v Markkenan action...I'm seriously contemplating watching it despite how late it is.
The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Posts: 33908
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/22/2017  2:26 AM
Watching the Bulls. Its amazing, they had Grant in the game, still has that deer in the headlights look. Still hesitates like you know what. Would have thought Grant would have gotten over that a couple of seasons ago.

Thats why I believe it important to encourage Frank to be aggressive sooner rather than later. The longer he waits, the tougher it will get.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.