Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
11/6/2017  10:29 AM
smackeddog wrote:
magicTs wrote:Melo just got ejected.
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.
Over 7 games they literally have no chance against the Warriors.

Melo's ejection was absolute BS though- the ref's just don't seem to like him:

That was the worst call in the history of basketball. I feel bad for Melo. He never gets any calls.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

11/6/2017  10:36 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.

That was the worst call in the history of basketball. I feel bad for Melo. He never gets any calls.

Worst call? No.

Check out the overhead view at 36 seconds. He wasn't going for the rim, he threw his arms/ball in literally 180 degree opposite direction of the bucket. He was going for contact.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 472
Member: #377
USA
11/6/2017  10:57 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.

Worst call? No.

Check out the overhead view at 36 seconds. He wasn't going for the rim, he threw his arms/ball in literally 180 degree opposite direction of the bucket. He was going for contact.

You honestly think that is a flagrant 2?

Knickoftime

11/6/2017  11:13 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.

Worst call? No.

You honestly think that is a flagrant 2?

No. It's a questionable call, not the worst call ever, is all I'm saying. I'm not immediately versed in the rules of flagrant 2s, but that he was able to flip the ball in the bucket after he got the contact is looking for takes away from what was his intent, which was contact.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/6/2017  3:45 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Westbrook is 5 for 17.
Lmao off at OKC.

That was awful. Wanted to rewatch it and had to go to a Thunder site to see the video. No 2 minute report yet.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/6/2017  5:28 PM
Anthony did push out his elbow to gain some space...but it wasn't like he wound up to throw the elbow in the guy's face.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime

11/6/2017  5:35 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Anthony did push out his elbow to gain some space...but it wasn't like he wound up to throw the elbow in the guy's face.

He had already beaten his man, and had a pretty easy lay-up if he used the left side of the rim for protection. He straight went for Nurkic on purpose.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/7/2017  8:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  8:24 AM
Harden - 56 points, 13 assists, 7 of 8 from beyond the arc.
OKC must feel so stupid for letting him go. He used to score efficiently for them as well. They should have kept him. Can you imagine that team now with what Russ, Harden, KD...what it would have turned into?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

11/7/2017  10:25 AM
Deng seeking a trade. We need a good wing is he still serviceable?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
11/7/2017  11:20 AM
Ive watched a lot of these pre season tapes and young guys

First off I think ultimately the C from AZ will be going #1.

I think Grayson Allen as a PG will jump into the top 17 and should become a Knick target(thinking we make playoffs)

Best top 7-8 prospects in the draft I have ever seen--multiple franchise players.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/7/2017  11:43 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Harden - 56 points, 13 assists, 7 of 8 from beyond the arc.
OKC must feel so stupid for letting him go. He used to score efficiently for them as well. They should have kept him. Can you imagine that team now with what Russ, Harden, KD...what it would have turned into?
Harden would've never been Harden now if he had stayed in OKC. Likely he would've left via free agency anyway to have space to become the player he is now.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #3049

11/7/2017  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  12:06 PM
Welpee wrote:
Harden would've never been Harden now if he had stayed in OKC. Likely he would've left via free agency anyway to have space to become the player he is now.

Harden's camp was trying to work a deal. It was OKC who decided to go with Ibaka.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2031893-james-harden-admits-money-was-deciding-factor-in-leaving-okc-thunder

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/7/2017  12:20 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Deng seeking a trade. We need a good wing is he still serviceable?

Lakers will first try to clear his salary off the books by way of moving a positive asset with him, in order to try to clear space to sign Paul George and LBJ together. Or LBJ and Cousins.

IF and it's a big if, the Lakers can't move his contract that way, and Cousins goes elsewhere, and Brook Lopez goes elsewhere, this is a rare chance for a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my bloated problem contract for your bloated problem contract. In this specific scenario, Noah and smaller bits for Deng and smaller bits might work. Knicks need to clear the logjam at the pivot. Lakers will need rim protection and are OK at the wing. But rim protection isn't as scarce as it used to be, it would take some pretty heavy circumstances for the Lakers to get to that point ( i.e. desperation) to move Deng for Noah. An overpaid wing who can sort of defend is still worth more, positional value wise, than an overpaid pivot who can sort of defend the rim sometimes.

Some of it will boil down to Lonzo Ball. If LBJ and Paul George show up, I think LBJ demands the Lakers trade Ball. In the same vein as he wanted Wiggins gone. If the Lakers move Ball, that's enough in a package to probably flush Deng off their roster.

Once LBJ walks onto a team, he runs the front office and he's an idiot. So when people here suggest insane trades, at least suggest them with the Lakers, because LBJ is clearly stupid enough to self inflict long term damage to a roster with non market based decision or trade.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
Cartman718

11/7/2017  4:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Harden's camp was trying to work a deal. It was OKC who decided to go with Ibaka.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2031893-james-harden-admits-money-was-deciding-factor-in-leaving-okc-thunder

egg-zack-lee

Cartman718

11/7/2017  4:18 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Deng seeking a trade. We need a good wing is he still serviceable?

Lakers will first try to clear his salary off the books by way of moving a positive asset with him, in order to try to clear space to sign Paul George and LBJ together. Or LBJ and Cousins.

IF and it's a big if, the Lakers can't move his contract that way, and Cousins goes elsewhere, and Brook Lopez goes elsewhere, this is a rare chance for a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my bloated problem contract for your bloated problem contract. In this specific scenario, Noah and smaller bits for Deng and smaller bits might work. Knicks need to clear the logjam at the pivot. Lakers will need rim protection and are OK at the wing. But rim protection isn't as scarce as it used to be, it would take some pretty heavy circumstances for the Lakers to get to that point ( i.e. desperation) to move Deng for Noah. An overpaid wing who can sort of defend is still worth more, positional value wise, than an overpaid pivot who can sort of defend the rim sometimes.

Some of it will boil down to Lonzo Ball. If LBJ and Paul George show up, I think LBJ demands the Lakers trade Ball. In the same vein as he wanted Wiggins gone. If the Lakers move Ball, that's enough in a package to probably flush Deng off their roster.

Once LBJ walks onto a team, he runs the front office and he's an idiot. So when people here suggest insane trades, at least suggest them with the Lakers, because LBJ is clearly stupid enough to self inflict long term damage to a roster with non market based decision or trade.

if he is serviceable on offense (and we already know he plays defense), it would be worth a shot.

Cartman718

11/7/2017  4:30 PM
Nike is working on changes to their NBA jerseys after a number of them have been torn to start the season.

"Nike has always put the athlete at the center of everything we do and we have worked hard to create the most advanced uniforms in the history of the NBA," the company said in the statement. "They are lighter and deliver great mobility and sweat wicking characteristics, and the feedback from players has been overwhelmingly positive. However, during game play we have seen a small number of athletes experience significant jersey tears. We are very concerned to see any game day tear and are working to implement a solution that involves standardizing the embellishment process and enhancing the seam strength of game day jerseys. The quality and performance of our products are of utmost importance and we are working with the NBA and teams to avoid this happening in the future."

Nike signed an eight-year, $1 billion deal with the NBA to replace Adidas.

LeBron James, Draymond Green and Ben Simmons have had issues with their jerseys tearing.

martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2017  4:44 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

I can understand a tandem of LBJ and Cousins but what does a team of LBJ and PG get you? Trying to understand how those guys with Ball and Ingram will either team up or be able to trade to get a team that would be competitive in playoffs.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/7/2017  5:00 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

He's been to 6 straight finals, 7 overall, collected 3 rings and you describe him as an idiot..

ES
TripleThreat

11/7/2017  7:30 PM
martin wrote:I can understand a tandem of LBJ and Cousins but what does a team of LBJ and PG get you? Trying to understand how those guys with Ball and Ingram will either team up or be able to trade to get a team that would be competitive in playoffs.

From a resource management perspective, given actual market conditions and positional value and factoring in that any real contention means being able to beat the Warriors, you are completely and totally correct. You are correct at an absolute level and any forward thinking GM in the league would agree with you.

The baseline problem is LBJ the player is generational, he's a one man wrecking crew, but LBJ the "de facto GM/LeGM" is a blithering idiot.

Functionally it doesn't make sense, but if it makes sense to the pea brain of LeGM, then anything is really possible. Let's unpack it, he's run the Cavs into the ground TWICE. He ran the Heat into the ground. He trashed his home city in public without any semblance of social grace. If not for the push/pull of the general sports media being hands off demographically and Nike's marketing might, he would have been gutted in public otherwise. He tried to run off Erik Spolestra. He mocked Dirk in the Finals for no good reason other than he's just a big dummy. He mocked the entire NBA fanbase comparing his lifestyle to theirs when faced with criticism against the Mavericks. He's mailed it in several times when he decided to sulk.

You are being logical. But to unpack LBJ, you have to come to terms that he is not logical. Ross Tucker was a bare bones fringe offensive lineman for the NFL and became a media broadcaster/analyst. He often discussed how the NFL Combine was a humiliating experience for guys who were used to being the top dog, the Alpha king of the campus, the guy who got everything handed to them. You realize you are just a piece of meat. He's not wrong. During my Combine, it's just completely demoralizing. It's like going to a top medical school and realizing while you might be smarter than 99 percent of the rest of the population, in that room, 99 percent of them are way smarter than you. LBJ has always been "The King" There were no systematic entrenched hoops to jump through or due paying mechanisms. He was King to start. It's why his ego has never been humbled, it's why he can't seem to get he's a fantastic player but a really horrible de facto personnel guy.

Anyone who wants to resign Tristan Thompson to big money and leverages his team to do it, with that kind of person, anything personnel wise is possible.

You are asking the right questions. Sorry to say, the system in place allows LBJ to keep giving everyone the wrong answers.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
TripleThreat

11/7/2017  7:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:He's been to 6 straight finals, 7 overall, collected 3 rings and you describe him as an idiot..

Yes, he's an idiot when he tries to be the "de facto" GM of his teams.

If you took away LBJ the player, and he was just LBJ, some 5'9 skinny neckbeard with a double degree in math and economics who started off as a low level NBA intern and clawed his way up, his decisions would get him run out this league.

Because he's never had to struggle like that, he could not relate to a guy like Erik Spolestra, who started off as a video film assistant for the team and just worked and outworked everyone to rise up and be a great coach.

Notice, in any sport, usually the HOF elite guys don't end up the great coaches or great executives ( Jerry West is a rare rare exception), it's usually grinders and fringe guys. Guys who had to bleed for everything. Guys always on the edge of nothing.

Sometimes you have to be smart enough to know you are not smart enough. Tom Brady could DEMAND the Pats sign certain players. He could go right to his owner and try to overrule Belichick. But Brady is smart enough to know he is not versed in that side of the game. So he doesn't try to meddle there.

If you look at LBJ strictly from a resource management perspective, nothing he does makes any sense at all. At all. Rings only tell the tale that he's that great of an individual player and has Nike on his side to overcome his raw consistent ability to run a team into the ground. Rings don't tell the whole story. Kobe has many rings, he's also a rapist. LT , our beloved King of all LBs has a ring. He was also a crazed drug addict. Adam Morrison has two rings. Barry Switzer has a ring. You want me to keep going?

Being great at one thing doesn't mean you are great at everything else related to your field. Plenty of guys here probably work or worked with someone who was great as a doctor or an engineer or a salesperson, but sucked as a manager. Or a head of a department. Plenty of people are great at being spouses, but lousy at being parents. It's not just a LBJ concept, it's not just an NBA concept, it's a real life concept.

Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.