[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/7/2017  11:43 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Harden - 56 points, 13 assists, 7 of 8 from beyond the arc.
OKC must feel so stupid for letting him go. He used to score efficiently for them as well. They should have kept him. Can you imagine that team now with what Russ, Harden, KD...what it would have turned into?
Harden would've never been Harden now if he had stayed in OKC. Likely he would've left via free agency anyway to have space to become the player he is now.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2017  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  12:06 PM
Welpee wrote:
OKC must feel so stupid for letting him go. He used to score efficiently for them as well. They should have kept him. Can you imagine that team now with what Russ, Harden, KD...what it would have turned into?
Harden would've never been Harden now if he had stayed in OKC. Likely he would've left via free agency anyway to have space to become the player he is now.

Harden's camp was trying to work a deal. It was OKC who decided to go with Ibaka.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2031893-james-harden-admits-money-was-deciding-factor-in-leaving-okc-thunder

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/7/2017  4:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Harden's camp was trying to work a deal. It was OKC who decided to go with Ibaka.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2031893-james-harden-admits-money-was-deciding-factor-in-leaving-okc-thunder

egg-zack-lee

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

11/7/2017  4:18 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Deng seeking a trade. We need a good wing is he still serviceable?

Lakers will first try to clear his salary off the books by way of moving a positive asset with him, in order to try to clear space to sign Paul George and LBJ together. Or LBJ and Cousins.

IF and it's a big if, the Lakers can't move his contract that way, and Cousins goes elsewhere, and Brook Lopez goes elsewhere, this is a rare chance for a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my bloated problem contract for your bloated problem contract. In this specific scenario, Noah and smaller bits for Deng and smaller bits might work. Knicks need to clear the logjam at the pivot. Lakers will need rim protection and are OK at the wing. But rim protection isn't as scarce as it used to be, it would take some pretty heavy circumstances for the Lakers to get to that point ( i.e. desperation) to move Deng for Noah. An overpaid wing who can sort of defend is still worth more, positional value wise, than an overpaid pivot who can sort of defend the rim sometimes.

Some of it will boil down to Lonzo Ball. If LBJ and Paul George show up, I think LBJ demands the Lakers trade Ball. In the same vein as he wanted Wiggins gone. If the Lakers move Ball, that's enough in a package to probably flush Deng off their roster.

Once LBJ walks onto a team, he runs the front office and he's an idiot. So when people here suggest insane trades, at least suggest them with the Lakers, because LBJ is clearly stupid enough to self inflict long term damage to a roster with non market based decision or trade.

if he is serviceable on offense (and we already know he plays defense), it would be worth a shot.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

11/7/2017  4:30 PM
Nike is working on changes to their NBA jerseys after a number of them have been torn to start the season.

"Nike has always put the athlete at the center of everything we do and we have worked hard to create the most advanced uniforms in the history of the NBA," the company said in the statement. "They are lighter and deliver great mobility and sweat wicking characteristics, and the feedback from players has been overwhelmingly positive. However, during game play we have seen a small number of athletes experience significant jersey tears. We are very concerned to see any game day tear and are working to implement a solution that involves standardizing the embellishment process and enhancing the seam strength of game day jerseys. The quality and performance of our products are of utmost importance and we are working with the NBA and teams to avoid this happening in the future."

Nike signed an eight-year, $1 billion deal with the NBA to replace Adidas.

LeBron James, Draymond Green and Ben Simmons have had issues with their jerseys tearing.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2017  4:44 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Deng seeking a trade. We need a good wing is he still serviceable?

Lakers will first try to clear his salary off the books by way of moving a positive asset with him, in order to try to clear space to sign Paul George and LBJ together. Or LBJ and Cousins.

IF and it's a big if, the Lakers can't move his contract that way, and Cousins goes elsewhere, and Brook Lopez goes elsewhere, this is a rare chance for a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my bloated problem contract for your bloated problem contract. In this specific scenario, Noah and smaller bits for Deng and smaller bits might work. Knicks need to clear the logjam at the pivot. Lakers will need rim protection and are OK at the wing. But rim protection isn't as scarce as it used to be, it would take some pretty heavy circumstances for the Lakers to get to that point ( i.e. desperation) to move Deng for Noah. An overpaid wing who can sort of defend is still worth more, positional value wise, than an overpaid pivot who can sort of defend the rim sometimes.

Some of it will boil down to Lonzo Ball. If LBJ and Paul George show up, I think LBJ demands the Lakers trade Ball. In the same vein as he wanted Wiggins gone. If the Lakers move Ball, that's enough in a package to probably flush Deng off their roster.

Once LBJ walks onto a team, he runs the front office and he's an idiot. So when people here suggest insane trades, at least suggest them with the Lakers, because LBJ is clearly stupid enough to self inflict long term damage to a roster with non market based decision or trade.

I can understand a tandem of LBJ and Cousins but what does a team of LBJ and PG get you? Trying to understand how those guys with Ball and Ingram will either team up or be able to trade to get a team that would be competitive in playoffs.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/7/2017  5:00 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

He's been to 6 straight finals, 7 overall, collected 3 rings and you describe him as an idiot..

ES
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/7/2017  10:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I know OKC didn't want to/couldn't pay both Harden and Ibaka. But you still have to wonder how long Harden would've been happy coming off the bench. After the trade was made I remember him seeming pretty pleased with getting a chance to realize his potential.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2017  12:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive watched a lot of these pre season tapes and young guys

First off I think ultimately the C from AZ will be going #1.

I think Grayson Allen as a PG will jump into the top 17 and should become a Knick target(thinking we make playoffs)

Best top 7-8 prospects in the draft I have ever seen--multiple franchise players.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247995/NBA-Scout-Top-4-Prospects-In-2018-Would-Have-Each-Gone-No-1-In-2017

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/9/2017  4:34 PM
Stephen A Smith brought up the B word (Bust) in reference to Lonzo Ball. His God awful shooting mechanics aside. What's really holding Ball back IMO is his lack of elevation when he's driving, shooting. Never mind the under the rim dunk.

Lonzo often gets barely gets off the ground. Makes it real easy to stuff him, bother him. Has no real hang time as well when he is at full elevation to shoot (not about dunking). Being able to hang in the air lets you absorb contact, then shoot. Or elevate over a defender.

Once Ball is in NBA shape, he's going to be dangerous IMO. Unless this impacts his confidence.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2017  4:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith brought up the B word (Bust) in reference to Lonzo Ball. His God awful shooting mechanics aside. What's really holding Ball back IMO is his lack of elevation when he's driving, shooting. Never mind the under the rim dunk.

Lonzo often gets barely gets off the ground. Makes it real easy to stuff him, bother him. Has no real hang time as well when he is at full elevation to shoot (not about dunking). Being able to hang in the air lets you absorb contact, then shoot. Or elevate over a defender.

Once Ball is in NBA shape, he's going to be dangerous IMO. Unless this impacts his confidence.

If court vision and passing is his most innate, calling card skill...

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/rookies/sort/assistRatio

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/9/2017  11:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith brought up the B word (Bust) in reference to Lonzo Ball. His God awful shooting mechanics aside. What's really holding Ball back IMO is his lack of elevation when he's driving, shooting. Never mind the under the rim dunk.

Stephen A has become largely a clown.
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/10/2017  12:14 AM
OKC looks so bad. The more I watch their games, the angrier I become at the fact that we got blown out by these sad ****s. There is no cohesive offense to OKC whatsoever.

Denver on the other hand plays really good D and are fun to watch when energized.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/10/2017  12:22 AM
Why are Murray's numbers so bad? He impresses me when I see him play
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/10/2017  12:44 AM
I thought 2Pat would be better for OKC. Haven't watched OKC other than against the Knicks but 2Pat hasn't looked good. George having an off night. Felton has looked good.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2017  12:45 AM
Mudiay is much better.
CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2017  1:01 AM
Mudiay had an amazing game. Milsap fits perfectly with Jokic.
GustavBahler

11/10/2017  4:06 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith brought up the B word (Bust) in reference to Lonzo Ball.

In some ways, you have to feel for the guy. His dad's antics paints a target on his back. LBJ won't play with a high profile rookie. He just won't, his ego can't handle the Old Man/Young Jedi storyline. Now the media, based on Nike's push, have to hatchet Ball the entire season, to justify a trade on the offseason.

Sort of hope he ends up a Raptor or a Grizzlie or a Hawk. Go to a "Siberia" situation, so he can just focus on working on his game and being the best player possible without all the hoopla and fanfare.

I agree, thats just what his Dad did. Players told Ball as much. Also agree about LeBron playing with a high profile rookie. Always felt it was why Wiggins was traded. Hard to argue with the results though. I dont believe Ball is that far off. I believe better conditioning will take care of a lot of his problems. Wont help his shot mechanics though.

GustavBahler

11/10/2017  4:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Mudiay had an amazing game. Milsap fits perfectly with Jokic.

I will have to watch some Nugget games.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/10/2017  9:38 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Stephen A Smith brought up the B word (Bust) in reference to Lonzo Ball.

In some ways, you have to feel for the guy. His dad's antics paints a target on his back. LBJ won't play with a high profile rookie. He just won't, his ego can't handle the Old Man/Young Jedi storyline. Now the media, based on Nike's push, have to hatchet Ball the entire season, to justify a trade on the offseason.

Sort of hope he ends up a Raptor or a Grizzlie or a Hawk. Go to a "Siberia" situation, so he can just focus on working on his game and being the best player possible without all the hoopla and fanfare.

I agree, thats just what his Dad did. Players told Ball as much. Also agree about LeBron playing with a high profile rookie. Always felt it was why Wiggins was traded. Hard to argue with the results though. I dont believe Ball is that far off. I believe better conditioning will take care of a lot of his problems. Wont help his shot mechanics though.

That's why I never bought the kid comparisons. Kid was a much better athlete and was much stronger as a rookie. I think Lonzo will be good, but not a superstar. He'll need to develop a floater because his J will become useless in half court unless he's wide open. He'll have to work this off-season and take a break from the reality TV show.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy