[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2017-18
Author Thread
martin
Posts: 46428
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2017  9:36 AM
Milos Teodosic gonna be fun to watch

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Posts: 33155
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  11:00 AM
DVR'd the Lakers preseason game. Ball is playing at a gear faster than most of his teammates. Forcing the ball when he couldnt make a pass, getting in the air with nowhere to go. Wasnt looking for his own shot enough. Lakers need more veteran toughness in the paint. Will make Lonzo's job easier.

Im guessing D'Angelo Russell is going to have a good season in NY. Will be looking forward to seeing Frank defend Ball and Russell. Looking forward to Lakers/Nets as well.

Uptown
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

10/2/2017  11:32 AM
GustavBahler wrote:DVR'd the Lakers preseason game. Ball is playing at a gear faster than most of his teammates. Forcing the ball when he couldnt make a pass, getting in the air with nowhere to go. Wasnt looking for his own shot enough. Lakers need more veteran toughness in the paint. Will make Lonzo's job easier.

Im guessing D'Angelo Russell is going to have a good season in NY. Will be looking forward to seeing Frank defend Ball and Russell. Looking forward to Lakers/Nets as well.

Correction, Brooklyn! I cringed when you associated the Nyets with NY... Agreed on Lonzo, he was extra hyped for the game. With game experience, the game will slow down for him a bit...Its early, but he doesn't have much confidence in his shot right now.

GustavBahler
Posts: 33155
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  12:01 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:DVR'd the Lakers preseason game. Ball is playing at a gear faster than most of his teammates. Forcing the ball when he couldnt make a pass, getting in the air with nowhere to go. Wasnt looking for his own shot enough. Lakers need more veteran toughness in the paint. Will make Lonzo's job easier.

Im guessing D'Angelo Russell is going to have a good season in NY. Will be looking forward to seeing Frank defend Ball and Russell. Looking forward to Lakers/Nets as well.

Correction, Brooklyn! I cringed when you associated the Nyets with NY... Agreed on Lonzo, he was extra hyped for the game. With game experience, the game will slow down for him a bit...Its early, but he doesn't have much confidence in his shot right now.

LOL, I said "in NY", not "for NY". Last time I checked Brooklyn was in NY, if you can call it Brooklyn now.

Besides, the Nets were a NY team when we were kids, just not the NY team.

Uptown
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

10/2/2017  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2017  1:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:DVR'd the Lakers preseason game. Ball is playing at a gear faster than most of his teammates. Forcing the ball when he couldnt make a pass, getting in the air with nowhere to go. Wasnt looking for his own shot enough. Lakers need more veteran toughness in the paint. Will make Lonzo's job easier.

Im guessing D'Angelo Russell is going to have a good season in NY. Will be looking forward to seeing Frank defend Ball and Russell. Looking forward to Lakers/Nets as well.

Correction, Brooklyn! I cringed when you associated the Nyets with NY... Agreed on Lonzo, he was extra hyped for the game. With game experience, the game will slow down for him a bit...Its early, but he doesn't have much confidence in his shot right now.

LOL, I said "in NY", not "for NY". Last time I checked Brooklyn was in NY, if you can call it Brooklyn now.

Besides, the Nets were a NY team when we were kids, just not the NY team.

I wasn't alive when the Nyets were in Long Island. I first came to know the Nyets when they were playing in Swamps and Otis Birdsong and Buck Williams were leading them... into the ground. I'm from the Bronx so Brooklyn can have them...I haven't been back to NY in about 4 yrs but I will be back to visit in the summer. I'm hearing gentrification has stripped away some of the culture that used to be attached to Brooklyn and Harlem...Its sad...

GustavBahler
Posts: 33155
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  2:02 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:DVR'd the Lakers preseason game. Ball is playing at a gear faster than most of his teammates. Forcing the ball when he couldnt make a pass, getting in the air with nowhere to go. Wasnt looking for his own shot enough. Lakers need more veteran toughness in the paint. Will make Lonzo's job easier.

Im guessing D'Angelo Russell is going to have a good season in NY. Will be looking forward to seeing Frank defend Ball and Russell. Looking forward to Lakers/Nets as well.

Correction, Brooklyn! I cringed when you associated the Nyets with NY... Agreed on Lonzo, he was extra hyped for the game. With game experience, the game will slow down for him a bit...Its early, but he doesn't have much confidence in his shot right now.

LOL, I said "in NY", not "for NY". Last time I checked Brooklyn was in NY, if you can call it Brooklyn now.

Besides, the Nets were a NY team when we were kids, just not the NY team.

I wasn't alive when the Nyets were in Long Island. I first came to know the Nyets when they were playing in Swamps and Otis Birdsong and Buck Williams were leading them... into the ground. I'm from the Bronx so Brooklyn can have them...I haven't been back to NY in about 4 yrs but I will be back to visit in the summer. I'm hearing gentrification has stripped away some of the culture that used to be attached to Brooklyn and Harlem...Its sad...

Havent been back to NY in 20 years. Was close to moving back a few times, but something always fell through. Eventually NY was no longer the city I left, so I gave up. People say NY is always changing, but not like the last few decades. Heartbreaking.

Unfortunately people used to move to NY to become NYers, now they want the suburbs in the city. I read that there were more than 500 Starbucks in NYC now. Dominos has a foothold as well. If you're eating Dominos Pizza in NYC of all places, there is something seriously wrong with you.

The Bronx is supposed to be the only real part of NYC thats left, but that's changing too. I hear Harlem is rapidly gentrifying.

This is a famous website that has been cataloguing all the Mom and Pop businesses that have been forced out of their places of business the past decade or so, mostly over massive rent increases.

http://vanishingnewyork.blogspot.com

GustavBahler
Posts: 33155
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  7:45 PM
Mavs are playing the Bucks at 8:30 ET, am curious to see more of Smith. See how he does against a good young team like Milwaukee.
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27216
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
10/2/2017  7:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Mavs are playing the Bucks at 8:30 ET, am curious to see more of Smith. See how he does against a good young team like Milwaukee.

I tried to check out their open scrimmage off youtube. They only had one highlight of him attempting a monster dunk which he missed. Other then that it looked like Steph Curry and JJ Barea were scoring at will on him. But there wasn't enough on the highlight clips to really take anything away from them. I figured there would be more highlights of him but only the one missed dunk.

I figure he will be a really good offensive player. Can't watch the game but keep me posted on his defense. Then again it is preseason so even then.

knicks1248
Posts: 36402
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/2/2017  7:56 PM
I don't think the put any of our preseason games on national tv, until today--guess what game is that


NY at OKC...

ES
nixluva
Posts: 55471
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2017  8:32 PM
Watching Kyrie and Boston. They seem a bit strange now. Gonna take time to get a true sense of how the pieces fit. So far early on they give me that "MEH" Kinda vibe.

There a completely different team now. Totally different personality.

GustavBahler
Posts: 33155
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/2/2017  9:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2017  9:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mavs are playing the Bucks at 8:30 ET, am curious to see more of Smith. See how he does against a good young team like Milwaukee.

I tried to check out their open scrimmage off youtube. They only had one highlight of him attempting a monster dunk which he missed. Other then that it looked like Steph Curry and JJ Barea were scoring at will on him. But there wasn't enough on the highlight clips to really take anything away from them. I figured there would be more highlights of him but only the one missed dunk.

I figure he will be a really good offensive player. Can't watch the game but keep me posted on his defense. Then again it is preseason so even then.

OK start for Smith in the 1st. He cant find the net, mostly hitting the front of the rim if that. Lacking confidence in his shot, but Smith isnt afraid to take one, when he has an open look.

Defense isn't bad, made a nice stop early only, not bad for a first quarter of a preseason game. Even though DSJ isnt afraid to shoot, he spent most of his time setting up others, nothing flashy. Hardly drove, but one move to the rim he used his body to shield himself while not using his opposite hand to finish, didn't count though. Hard to describe, but it was the kind of veteran move, you dont see a lot of veterans having the presence of mind to make. Just the real good ones.

CrushAlot
Posts: 55425
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/2/2017  9:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mavs are playing the Bucks at 8:30 ET, am curious to see more of Smith. See how he does against a good young team like Milwaukee.

I tried to check out their open scrimmage off youtube. They only had one highlight of him attempting a monster dunk which he missed. Other then that it looked like Steph Curry and JJ Barea were scoring at will on him. But there wasn't enough on the highlight clips to really take anything away from them. I figured there would be more highlights of him but only the one missed dunk.

I figure he will be a really good offensive player. Can't watch the game but keep me posted on his defense. Then again it is preseason so even then.

OK start for Smith in the 1st. He cant find the net, mostly hitting the front of the rim if that. Lacking confidence in his shot, but Smith isnt afraid to take one, when he has an open look.

Defense isn't bad, made a nice stop early only, not bad for a first quarter of a preseason game. Even though DSJ isnt afraid to shoot, he spent most of his time setting up others, nothing flashy. Hardly drove, but one move to the rim he used his body to shield himself while not using his opposite hand to finish, didn't count though. Hard to describe, but it was the kind of veteran move, you dont see a lot of veterans having the presence of mind to make. Just the real good ones.

I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Uptown
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

10/2/2017  9:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mavs are playing the Bucks at 8:30 ET, am curious to see more of Smith. See how he does against a good young team like Milwaukee.

I tried to check out their open scrimmage off youtube. They only had one highlight of him attempting a monster dunk which he missed. Other then that it looked like Steph Curry and JJ Barea were scoring at will on him. But there wasn't enough on the highlight clips to really take anything away from them. I figured there would be more highlights of him but only the one missed dunk.

I figure he will be a really good offensive player. Can't watch the game but keep me posted on his defense. Then again it is preseason so even then.

OK start for Smith in the 1st. He cant find the net, mostly hitting the front of the rim if that. Lacking confidence in his shot, but Smith isnt afraid to take one, when he has an open look.

Defense isn't bad, made a nice stop early only, not bad for a first quarter of a preseason game. Even though DSJ isnt afraid to shoot, he spent most of his time setting up others, nothing flashy. Hardly drove, but one move to the rim he used his body to shield himself while not using his opposite hand to finish, didn't count though. Hard to describe, but it was the kind of veteran move, you dont see a lot of veterans having the presence of mind to make. Just the real good ones.

Dude is an athletic beast...Reminds me a bit of Baron Davis...Remains to be seen if he can have a similar impact as Davis.

Uptown
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

10/2/2017  9:51 PM
nixluva wrote:Watching Kyrie and Boston. They seem a bit strange now. Gonna take time to get a true sense of how the pieces fit. So far early on they give me that "MEH" Kinda vibe.

There a completely different team now. Totally different personality.

I caught most of the first half, Celts definitely lost their defensive, outwork-you, out-hustle-you, out-tough-you identity...Also, their bench, especially the front court is very thin...

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27135
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

10/2/2017  10:40 PM
Watched Smith in the first quarter vs the Bucks.

You can see that he wants to go 1/1 and do the razzle-dazzle with the ball, but for the most part he played within the system.

Made one nice move to the basket but was fouled before the shot, though he made a nice finish.

He missed both free throws...and there is the issue for him. He missed the basket on one wide open corner J, badly missed a turn-around J, and then missed a wide open J...got the rebound, and then missed a wide open J.
He did make a 3 with a man near him...all net.

D was OK, float a few times, and turned his back on the ball, which led to a basket, and he lost his man another time, but the shot was missed. Pretty sure he deflected a pass which led to a turnover. ESPN had him down for 2 steals and an assist (seem to recall it was off a drive...not sure.).

I thought he reminded me a bit of Kyrie, but he was not allowed to do his own thing, for the most part. You can throw Rose into the mix, too. Have to say that I thought he was more developed in his upper body, but maybe I was mistaken.

You can say that his J looked poor because he was nervous...but the form was poor. Seems more likely that he will be a hot/cold player, but his shooting form was so-so, and did not look polished. I do feel that one he establishes a flow in a game, his shot will be much better, but he is definitely more of a scorer than a shooter.

He will make his $$ going to the basket...you can see the acceleration he has with the ball is going to play well in this NBA...If he becomes better at dishing, he should get a ton of assists. Did not see much movement with a purpose without the ball, for what it is worth.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Posts: 55471
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
10/2/2017  10:44 PM
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27216
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
10/3/2017  12:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mavs are playing the Bucks at 8:30 ET, am curious to see more of Smith. See how he does against a good young team like Milwaukee.

I tried to check out their open scrimmage off youtube. They only had one highlight of him attempting a monster dunk which he missed. Other then that it looked like Steph Curry and JJ Barea were scoring at will on him. But there wasn't enough on the highlight clips to really take anything away from them. I figured there would be more highlights of him but only the one missed dunk.

I figure he will be a really good offensive player. Can't watch the game but keep me posted on his defense. Then again it is preseason so even then.

OK start for Smith in the 1st. He cant find the net, mostly hitting the front of the rim if that. Lacking confidence in his shot, but Smith isnt afraid to take one, when he has an open look.

Defense isn't bad, made a nice stop early only, not bad for a first quarter of a preseason game. Even though DSJ isnt afraid to shoot, he spent most of his time setting up others, nothing flashy. Hardly drove, but one move to the rim he used his body to shield himself while not using his opposite hand to finish, didn't count though. Hard to describe, but it was the kind of veteran move, you dont see a lot of veterans having the presence of mind to make. Just the real good ones.

Hope he enters the dunk contest this yr.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35411
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
10/3/2017  11:51 AM
nixluva wrote:

Harold Miner Lite?

Knickoftime
Posts: 23205
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

10/3/2017  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  11:54 AM
nixluva wrote:

Who's hoody bones and why do we care what he's tweeting?

fishmike
Posts: 47776
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/3/2017  1:13 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Who's hoody bones and why do we care what he's tweeting?

great name... for a weed dealer
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Around the NBA 2017-18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.