[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's good on the post threat?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/28/2004  10:46 AM
The Knicks have some good front court pieces but no one that really stands out......With Timmy, Marbs and Craw as your starters with Houston in the mix the only thing left to complement these guys is a post threat....

Rahim man......he said he will not report if he isn't traded.....

With Randolph in trouble again, trading Rahim seems dangerous right about now.....But if the Blazers can get KT and a veteran like Moochie for Rahim would they do that?

Rahim could be a hired gun,.....Sweetney would provide rebounding off the bench and he won't have to be forced into starting right away. Nar and Baker would be the center's.....

Rahim and Timmy on the wings with Marbs and Crawford in the back court with Houston getting time at 2 and 3.....sounds nice on paper....It could really translate into a Championship for NY....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/28/2004  11:41 AM
If we're giving up only Kurt and Moochie, I'd probably do it, althoug we lose our best shot-blocker and low-post defender. I wouldn't want Shareef to start ahead of Sweetney, though. I can't imagine the Blazers doing this trade and paying Kurt $30 mil from the ages of 32 to 36 to be Zach Randolph's backup PF.
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
8/28/2004  1:39 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

The Knicks have some good front court pieces but no one that really stands out......With Timmy, Marbs and Craw as your starters with Houston in the mix the only thing left to complement these guys is a post threat....

Rahim man......he said he will not report if he isn't traded.....

With Randolph in trouble again, trading Rahim seems dangerous right about now.....But if the Blazers can get KT and a veteran like Moochie for Rahim would they do that?

Rahim could be a hired gun,.....Sweetney would provide rebounding off the bench and he won't have to be forced into starting right away. Nar and Baker would be the center's.....

Rahim and Timmy on the wings with Marbs and Crawford in the back court with Houston getting time at 2 and 3.....sounds nice on paper....It could really translate into a Championship for NY....

The only thing wrong with this statemant is that Houston is going to be starting instead of Craford.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EnySpree

8/28/2004  4:50 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

If we're giving up only Kurt and Moochie, I'd probably do it, althoug we lose our best shot-blocker and low-post defender. I wouldn't want Shareef to start ahead of Sweetney, though. I can't imagine the Blazers doing this trade and paying Kurt $30 mil from the ages of 32 to 36 to be Zach Randolph's backup PF.

Bonn you buggin.....

Lose our best shot blocker and post defender? Ask Kenyon Martin how good KT's defense is. Rahim's offense and athletic ability surpasses anything that KT can do on the court.

You would bench a 27 year old all-star for an unproven 2nd year guy?

The Blazers would only do a trade if they feel Rahim will be a distraction to the team......With him saying he will not report to training camp it's just a shame to have a dude as talented as Rahim be the victom of the salary cap......since he's a free agent he will save the Blazers a ton of money.

KT does fill a need though.....the Blazers need a back-up power fwd that does the dirty work and can hit a jumpshot.....that's KT.

What other options are out there for a post threat?

Right now the Knicks only have hope......Hope Baker returns to at least his Seattle....or Sweetney all of a sudden becomes Brand II.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/28/2004  5:05 PM
KT & Moochie is not enought to get Rahim.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/28/2004  5:27 PM
Sweetney is our post threat, let's let him do it this year and not bring in another guy.

Why does Portland do this deal?
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/28/2004  5:48 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Bonn you buggin.....

Lose our best shot blocker and post defender? Ask Kenyon Martin how good KT's defense is. Rahim's offense and athletic ability surpasses anything that KT can do on the court.

You would bench a 27 year old all-star for an unproven 2nd year guy?

The Blazers would only do a trade if they feel Rahim will be a distraction to the team......With him saying he will not report to training camp it's just a shame to have a dude as talented as Rahim be the victom of the salary cap......since he's a free agent he will save the Blazers a ton of money.

KT does fill a need though.....the Blazers need a back-up power fwd that does the dirty work and can hit a jumpshot.....that's KT.

What other options are out there for a post threat?

Right now the Knicks only have hope......Hope Baker returns to at least his Seattle....or Sweetney all of a sudden becomes Brand II.
K-Mart didn't do much damage against Kurt in the post; it was fast break points. I know a lot of Knick fans love to hate Kurt for not being an all-star, but who on the Knicks plays better low post defense than Kurt? List players if you disagree with my claim
EnySpree

8/28/2004  7:22 PM
When do the Knicks score? KT plays solid defense and the fact that he may be our best defender is not saying a whole lot....

I can't wait till the season starts because all of the Knicks front court have something to prove.....Baker wants to prove he can be a starter, KT thinks he's Karl Malone, Nazr to me still hasn't shown what he can do, Sweetney has to show that summer league was for real, JYD has to bring his style of play to NYC.....

It's an interesting group of guys....lots of options, but too many questions.

toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
8/28/2004  9:12 PM
The Blazers can get far more for Rahim than K Thomas and M Norris. Unless he sat out and demanded a trade to the Knicks, I dont see it happening.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/30/2004  9:43 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

KT & Moochie is not enought to get Rahim.

exactly...they were reluctant to trade him to the Nets for Kittles (& his expiring contract), Aaron Williams & a 1st round pick...why would they go for that package?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/30/2004  11:13 AM
I know that this guy is not a post presence. BUT...

How about a Shawn Bradley for Moochie swap. They don't need him since they have Dampier, Booth, Eschemeyer, Podkolzine in the center spot. Also, Moochie has a shorter contract.

At the very least, we can have somebody to annoy Shaq.

By the way, have you guys seen the Mavs roster. They have 18 guaranteed contracts. Damn. He is the benefactor.

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 08/30/2004 11:15:25]
TMS
USA
8/30/2004  11:22 AM
that would never happen imo...it was well known that Scott Layden was interested in getting Bradley while he was our GM...i don't think Isiah wants anymore slow footed players...he's trying to get more athletic & quicker players (except for Vin Baker, who was signed w/a wink wink deal from last year pretty much).

Keon Clark makes alot more sense to me because the Pistons showed last year that the best way to beat Shaq is to outrun him or outshoot him from the outside, not try to match his size w/size because he'll burn you anyway no matter what...if Ben Wallace, Rasheed & Okur couldn't stop Shaq in the paint, there's not much else you can throw at him that will stop him outside of Yao Ming, & even Ming can't stop Shaq, only match him point for point...

you can save Moochie's contract for use in a later deal if absolutely necessary...i don't think Shawn Bradley would be anymore effective against the Heat than Vin Baker or Kurt Thomas would be at this point anyway...he's just too slow.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
USA
8/30/2004  11:32 AM
TMS - I see your point. Assuming Shaq is healthy and can run. We really don't need Moochie's contract for later trades though. We have Penny, Tim Thomas and Nazr for trade assets. How about a 2nd rounder from Dallas to sweeten the deal for us?

I know that Shaq will beat anybody, but with a big body on him he would have to work a little harder and would be a little tired at the end of games. That is also 6 fouls to give.
NYKBocker
USA
8/30/2004  11:37 AM
Also, Bradley can play the pick-and-roll with Marbury. Imagine trying to go over a pick from Bradley, Stephon would be open every time.
TMS
USA
8/30/2004  12:35 PM
i think you have a better shot of tiring out Shaq by running rampant on the fastbreak & forcing him to run back on defense...banging down low is what he thrives on...i bet it even energizes him to feel the contact down low sometimes because he feels like he's more into the games...that's not to say you can't have ANYONE banging down low w/him...obviously you can't just let Shaq alone in the post w/o SOMEONE getting up on him on D...but whether you stick Bradley on him or KT on him, he's going to get his...best way to counter that is to try & make sure you make up for that by getting easy points in transition on the other end.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/30/2004  1:04 PM
TMS is dead on... against the Heat (who have NO size besides Shaq) I'm playing small. Make him come out and defend the pick and roll or high screens.

I putting something like Marbury, Houston, Crawford, TT and KT or Sweetney out there. Do your best to deny him the ball by fronting him w/ KT or TT. If he catches it its and easy two, but the idea isnt to stop Shaq, but rather force them into some bad passes trying to feed it into him. Then you Shaq either has to guard TT or KT from 15 feet away, two guys with solid mid range games. Sweetney's a good choice there also.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
8/30/2004  3:11 PM
No one in the league can stop Shaq. Only age and injuries, so why worry? Instead have 5 big men you can throw at him to make him tired. In theory K Thomas, V Baker, N Muhammed, J Williams, M Sweetney, and K Clark. Tire him out and hope that the other position players outplay the Heat's. Shaq can get 35 pts and the Heat might still lose.

And PLEASE GOD no Sean Bradley. I don't want that moronic Mormon anywhere near the Knicks. His best play was in that Micheal Jordan-Looney Tunes movie. He's a joke as a player, and really not a well liked guy around the league. Other than blocks he really adds VERY little.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
What's good on the post threat?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy