[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Richard Jefferson single handedly cost us the gold medal.
Author Thread
flex
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #441
8/27/2004  4:15 PM
I've never seen a worst basketball player in my life. This guy is amongst the most overrated players in the world. He is absolutely nothing without Jason Kidd spoon feeding him points, I don't understand at all why he's so highly regarded. This guy is a disgrace to the country and a complete joke of a player, what a way to break a tradition of absolute dominance.
AUTOADVERT
flex
Member: #441
8/27/2004  4:31 PM
Even though we lost I'm happy because at least Steph played well. He was easily the best player on this team down the stretch of these olympics and basically carried the team. If not for Starbury we're playing for 7th place right now.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/27/2004  4:43 PM
Jefferson's one good game was when he played against Lithuania well. He really is extremely overrated.

We'll see how good KMart is now that his one offensive move, the dunk, won't be spoon-fed to him in Denver.
#Knickstaps
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/27/2004  4:46 PM
Jefferson is awesome... he had a bad tourney. Could have happened to anyone. Look at Steph before the medal round.

Jefferson is Vince w/ heart. These guys werent really in a system that complimented their skills. No they didnt shoot well, ANY of them, but calling him garbage just isnt fair.

I hate Nets, and hate Jefferson but they guy is a good player.

The guy we needed the most was Duncan and he couldnt play through foul trouble.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
8/27/2004  6:31 PM
vince is ten times the player that jeffereson is, vince is more athletic, better ball handling, much better shooter, and absolutely dominant in the olympics. vince was shooting above 50 percent from 3s in the olympics. Vince is much more of a leader than jefferson, because he was the only star on raptors, while jefferson was spoon fed by j kidd.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/27/2004  6:57 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

vince is ten times the player that jeffereson is, vince is more athletic, better ball handling, much better shooter, and absolutely dominant in the olympics. vince was shooting above 50 percent from 3s in the olympics. Vince is much more of a leader than jefferson, because he was the only star on raptors, while jefferson was spoon fed by j kidd.

Vince is a sissy who won't take it inside after on hard foul. RJ is among the top 5 SFs in the league. He brings it every game. Don't confuse international rules that discourage drives to the hoop by wing players (i.e. zone, packed lane, small lane) with RJ playing poorly. Yes, he shot badly, and yes I hated him in the playoffs, but he's a great great great talent and shouldn't take the blame for a stupid selection commitee. Stupid selection commitee. Where was Brad Miller? KVH? Redd?
¿ △ ?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/27/2004  7:19 PM
"Stupid selection commitee. Where was Brad Miller? KVH? Redd?"

Where is Garnett, Bibby, McGrady, Rip Hamilton?

The Selection Committee didn't do a bad job. It's pathetic that a guy like Garnett can make $20 million a year and be too tired to play in the summer. Give me a break you baby. Duncan and Iverson go out there and bust their asses and you asses are sitting at home watching on TV. I'll boo these players for the rest of their careers for their lazy, self-centered, selfish approaches to basketball.

You can't fault the Selection Committee. They picked basically a team of first-timers and had a great showing in the qualifying with Bibby, Allen, McGrady, Kidd. Then these guys wimp out and the committee is left with only TWO players! Then they have to do a makeshift job where players the expect to accept (Rip Hamilton) decline and you're left with an unbalanced roster.

Stern should suspend every person who didn't play in the Olympics 5 games for selfishness or fine them. This is so pathetic it drives me crazy.
#Knickstaps
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/27/2004  7:47 PM
Jefferson is good, and is a future all star. You can't single anyone out when almost everyone played bad. Just gotta get past this, we still have one more game to focus on.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
8/27/2004  8:07 PM
AS much as I( YES ME THE LONG HATED NETS DUGE), JEfferson is a good player. He only played for a couple of seasons and is a rising star.
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/27/2004  8:18 PM
This whole thing is getting out of control...while checking the ESPN boards, I've seen people blame Marbury, Jefferson, Duncan, Melo, and LMAO I even saw a thread blaming Larry Brown. People will use anything as an excuse.
nykfan4life
Member: #742
USA
8/28/2004  1:23 AM
Jefferson is over-rated, and a trash talker, he has no real skills to speak of , he just knows how to dunk. He couldn't guard a statue if his life depened on it.

Kidd has made Martin and Rj look good, but you put those two in a different situation and they will fall flat on their face.

Sorry to be so cruel, but I know a good basketball player when I see one, Rj is not it.

Dice rules!
flyingvee
Member: #405
8/28/2004  1:32 AM
The Selection Committee didn't do a bad job. It's pathetic that a guy like Garnett can make $20 million a year and be too tired to play in the summer. Give me a break you baby. Duncan and Iverson go out there and bust their asses and you asses are sitting at home watching on TV. I'll boo these players for the rest of their careers for their lazy, self-centered, selfish approaches to basketball.

Exactly my point. A lot of you guys make it sound like they are poor old tired guys slaving away at a real job and they need to rest up. 20 mill to play a season but can't represent his country, and lets his ;eague get embarrassed. Now Marbury and Duncan and those who WENT get to be the goats while these spoiled brats that declined are expected to get a free pass. You gotta feel bad for Duncan, he kept his word and went while the rest of last years teamates bailed on him.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/28/2004  2:07 AM
Spoiled, or wise? US players who participate in these international summer tournaments tend to suffer from injuries the following season. I remember articles about this in SI. It happens again and again.

Who do players have more of a responsibility to: themselves/their families and their livelihood... OR... representing their countries in "amateur" international competition?

Many other teams are playing without their absolute best rosters. It comes down to coaches coming up with a game plan and the players executing it more effectively than the other team. I guess having 12 of the top 30 players in the NBA isn't good enough to win? Keep in mind some of the NBA's best like Peja, Nowitzki, Gasol, and Ginobili aren't American. Back to the no-shooters in the US arguments--- wouldn't you argue that Peja is the best shooter in the NBA right now?
You'd probably rank Dirk right up there too. Not so American.

Back to Vince vs RJ---> When Vince is on, he's an unstoppable force, especially when he's playing ****y. Confidence (and leadership) ooze from him. He gets teammates and fans alike excited. The summer he dunked over Weis... DAMN. That was probably the most unbelievable thing I've seen in actual competition. RJ is a good all-around player, no doubt--- but he doesn't demand triple teams. Carter is a guy that will kill inside and out if you give him either--- he'll also score all of the same garbage points that Jefferson gets. Carter's presence would have relegated Iverson to the bench (Imho a great thing!).

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/28/2004  2:26 AM
I am not sold on jefferson and I am also dissapointed with marion, but jefferson is overrated and as far as vince carter goes, vince is 3 times the player jefferson is.. Actually like (j)ason Kidd we need to leave the "j" off Jefferson since neither he nor kid can hit a J. so his new name is richard Efferson.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/28/2004  8:05 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Richard Jefferson is a waste of space. Allan Houston is a better basketball player than Jefferson.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/28/2004  9:33 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by fishmike:

Richard Jefferson is a waste of space. Allan Houston is a better basketball player than Jefferson.

I would agree with the Allan Houston comment. In fact, had a healthy Houston been on the team instead of Jefferson, I'm not sure we lose. Perhaps, the reality is that we needed to put another real PF on the team (Ben Wallace?), have Odom playing SF, and have a guy like Houston, to go along with Carmelo, LeBron and Shawn Marion coming off the bench. I think that would've made all the difference.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/28/2004  9:34 AM
Posted by tkf:

I am not sold on jefferson and I am also dissapointed with marion, but jefferson is overrated and as far as vince carter goes, vince is 3 times the player jefferson is.. Actually like (j)ason Kidd we need to leave the "j" off Jefferson since neither he nor kid can hit a J. so his new name is richard Efferson.....
Efferson! rofl!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/30/2004  9:36 AM
Ason & Efferson is priceless!

in all seriousness though, i would take RJ on this team anyday...he's a good player...he just had a bad series in Athens, as did plenty of others on this team...some fans DO overrate him though imo, & i do think he has a big mouth...i rate RJ about on a par w/Rashard Lewis talent wise...there are several other SF's i would take over him, but that doesn't mean he's garbage as some of you are making him out to be.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
8/30/2004  10:53 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

"Stupid selection commitee. Where was Brad Miller? KVH? Redd?"

Where is Garnett, Bibby, McGrady, Rip Hamilton?

You can't fault the Selection Committee. They picked basically a team of first-timers and had a great showing in the qualifying with Bibby, Allen, McGrady, Kidd. Then these guys wimp out and the committee is left with only TWO players! Then they have to do a makeshift job where players the expect to accept (Rip Hamilton) decline and you're left with an unbalanced roster.

Stern should suspend every person who didn't play in the Olympics 5 games for selfishness or fine them. This is so pathetic it drives me crazy.

You are completely wrong. They would be selfish if they went to the Olympics. If Garnett is being paid 20 mil by someone, don't you think he has a responsibility to the person who pays him? If he goes to the Olympics, he may get injured there or he will be more tired during the season. Most players would love to represent their country and have fun. However,they realize that they have a responsibility to the team that pays them.
rojasmas
Member: #639
8/30/2004  7:10 PM
For whatever the reason, RJ played terribly in this tournament. Is he dependent on Kidd for his points? Maybe. Without a premier distributor, and I don't think Marbury is that, RJ was dazed and confused. No dunks in transition, sketchy three point shooting, this was not the Jefferson who is a Knick killer. I hope he suffers from this drubbing this whole season and the Knicks move up in the East. RJ is usually supremely confident and this could go a long way in sidetracking his jump to stardom.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Richard Jefferson single handedly cost us the gold medal.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy