[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OKC Fans Welcome Melo
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/24/2017  10:54 PM
I actually have some empathy for those fans. We know the hope we had when Melo came to NY but they have Westbrook and PG13. It's a much more realistic chance of winning.

AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/24/2017  10:58 PM
That's awesome. I wish Melo the best.
Trust the Process
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/25/2017  1:02 AM
Paul George

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/25/2017  7:04 AM
nixluva wrote:I actually have some empathy for those fans. We know the hope we had when Melo came to NY but they have Westbrook and PG13. It's a much more realistic chance of winning.

Yeah the difference is that melo is going ther to be their third guy which is what fits him best. I always felt Melo would never have ultimate success here unless he could play that type of role here. Unfortunetly we had no assets or cap space to get the type of player that could be our number 1 guy and melo could just focus on his strength. Anyway I do wish him well. Personally I think melo is a pretty good dude. I do believe he tried his bets here it just was never the right fit.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/25/2017  8:18 AM
Fenced in. Kind o weird.
where ever Melo goes, he's "coming home"!
Yes, I wish him success and no tornados in OKC!
Same for BIlly Donovan!!!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/25/2017  1:14 PM
It's interesting to me that small town OKC still has these great expectations, but as said in another post...he ultimately did have to accept a secondary role in a small town, but he didn't want to accept that in NYC.

on many nights he was still the best player on the floor for the knicks and this is probably why, but he knows he's not MVP Westbrook level anymore.

the next year's finals should be interesting if Boston actually makes it.

with the prediction that Isaiah Thomas is out for most of the season, i dont see Cleveland making it with Lebron one year older. Lebron will be helped by the Harden and Zaza rule though, since we will see some oscar worthy performances i am sure.

Back to Melo in OKC...Paul George will probably play SF and Melo will probably have to play PF...not sure how much more beating his body can endure on the defensive end at that position.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/25/2017  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2017  2:18 PM
nixluva wrote:I actually have some empathy for those fans. We know the hope we had when Melo came to NY but they have Westbrook and PG13. It's a much more realistic chance of winning.

Wait, we had a current MVP, an All Stat in PG, a solid center in Adams? Yeah we never even gave him a solid number 2. NOT the same. That was not hope, that was unrealistic dreams

Now let's see which one of our hypes can step up.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/25/2017  2:17 PM
LOL. I just played the "I'm coming home" Melo videos. What a flashback that was. Interesting how the excitement of his arrival here contrasts with his departure. It's hard not to laugh watching these videos.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/25/2017  2:25 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Wait, we had a current MVP, an All Stat in PG, a solid center in Adams? Yeah we never even gave him a solid number 2. NOT the same. That was not hope, that was unrealistic dreams

Unfortunately a bit a of 2-way street. Melo drained the team when he came in and Amare broke down. Knicks went in with Chandler over Billups and were capped out from there on out. Melo's agents, CAA, forced the Bargs trade and that lost another 1st. And so on.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall

9/25/2017  5:39 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Unfortunately a bit a of 2-way street. Melo drained the team when he came in and Amare broke down. Knicks went in with Chandler over Billups and were capped out from there on out. Melo's agents, CAA, forced the Bargs trade and that lost another 1st. And so on.

Melo made the trade? Totally agree that waiting for the end of the year was the right thing to do. And that Dolan was too stupid to realize Melo was not going anywhere but NY and had no reason to force a trade. But was that Melos failure or Knicks? Problem is, people have always blamed Melo for yet another classic Knick blunder.

Honest question. Is there something out there that confirms Melo's team forced the Knicks management to give up the 1st for Bargnani? I never saw anything to that effect. And If so, does that not point, once again, to another management blunder? Specifically, what kind of management/owner bows to a players rep? Which has been my point all along in Melo argument. Players come and go but we will never win with a front office that does the type of things mentioned above. Would love to see what would have gone down with a player rep telling Red Auerbach what trade to make let alone what to give up for it. Or have an opposing free agent, that has publicly stated he only wants to come to Boston, force him to panic and gut his current team.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/25/2017  5:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Honest question. Is there something out there that confirms Melo's team forced the Knicks management to give up the 1st for Bargnani? I never saw anything to that effect. And If so, does that not point, once again, to another management blunder? Specifically, what kind of management/owner bows to a players rep? Which has been my point all along in Melo argument. Players come and go but we will never win with a front office that does the type of things mentioned above. Would love to see what would have gone down with a player rep telling Red Auerbach what trade to make let alone what to give up for it. Or have an opposing free agent, that has publicly stated he only wants to come to Boston, force him to panic and gut his current team.

I don't think there will ever be an ah-ha link that would be concrete enough to show Melo's team forced the Knicks to move for Bargs, that's just not how things works (unless you a dumb **** like Trump JR "I'd LOVE LOVE the emails from Hilary and anything else you got!!!!"). There has been more than 1 article that speculated heavily about CAA's involvement.

Star players have influence on management, that's just reality. Magic gets Riley hired, LeBron got Cleveland wrapped around his fingers, etc. Lots of examples out there.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall

9/25/2017  6:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2017  6:26 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Honest question. Is there something out there that confirms Melo's team forced the Knicks management to give up the 1st for Bargnani? I never saw anything to that effect. And If so, does that not point, once again, to another management blunder? Specifically, what kind of management/owner bows to a players rep? Which has been my point all along in Melo argument. Players come and go but we will never win with a front office that does the type of things mentioned above. Would love to see what would have gone down with a player rep telling Red Auerbach what trade to make let alone what to give up for it. Or have an opposing free agent, that has publicly stated he only wants to come to Boston, force him to panic and gut his current team.

I don't think there will ever be an ah-ha link that would be concrete enough to show Melo's team forced the Knicks to move for Bargs, that's just not how things works (unless you are dumb **** like Trump JR "I'd LOVE LOVE the emails from Hilary and anything else you got!!!!"). There has been more than 1 article that speculated heavily about CAA's involvement.

Star players have influence on management, that's just reality. Magic gets Riley hired, LeBron got Cleveland wrapped around his fingers, etc. Lots of examples out there.

Not looking for an Ah-ha moment but anything but is, as you state, just speculation. And I hate Trump so easy to believe that his son is a dumb ****. But even that would need more than a couple of articles to prove it. Lol

Disagree, that any player should influence a GMs, Owner, Prez, ability to keep the interest of the team as the No. 1 objetive. Thats exactly my point as to the problem with our curent front office. Agree that favoring a certain coach happens all the time. LBJ getting anything he wants, proves my point. As Gilbert is at Dolan's level.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/25/2017  6:34 PM
OKC Fans has 100% trust in (Little-Lebron) Westbrook putting the entire OKC team on his back for a trip to the postseason games.
OKC adding Paul George (replace Durant) alongside Westbrook puts OKC back into position to be contenders in the West.
OKC adding a scorer in Melo alongside Wesbrook/P.George is just adding a top name player in Melo to sell tickets ..
Kanter average 15 pts on 53% FG, plus 7 rbs in practically half the playing time minute Melo receive nightly.
Its not hard to figure out once u do the MATH !!!
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/25/2017  6:38 PM

I did not have any optimistic hope in Melo when he arrived in NY .. I was happy with optimistic joy for getting super-star MVP championship Chauncey Billups in a Knicks uniform.

OKC Fans Welcome Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy