Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/27/2017  6:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KP4Life wrote:I've heard when Ewing got traded that the team went on a win streak. I wonder if this will happen with melo trade.

The fact the Triangle is gone is a bigger catalyst. Imo

Also, post Ewing year had no established stars. Think KP won't sneak up on anyone anymore. It's up to the guys that are not yet proven. If they have a break out year, then think we can surprise.

I think the biggest step forward will be guard play. We may not have Westbrook or Curry but at least we have some ponies that can run now. Last year Rose and Jennings didnt work out. Really bad ideas/moves from Phil. Just not good fits. Baker was a cute story and maybe he sticks, but he shot about 38% and thats just awful. Jeff just didnt have a lot of options.

This year he has Sessions, Jack, Frank and Baker. Lee was solid last year and Timmy and Dotson add some nice depth there also.

Again... not world beaters but man our guard play was just so bad last year. I am looking forward to see what Jeff can do with this group and I think its a better, younger and more diverse group for him to work with.

Melo didnt have a great year but if we win more games and play better I doubt it has anything to do with that, its going to be because we see a huge improvement in guard play.

It may also be related to better ball movement and spacing on offense. Melo was a sharpshooter, but he held the ball for half a possession when it came to him,

be careful.. some here will read that "held the ball comment" and understand what you REALLY meant was
this is all Melo's fault
Melo ruined everything
Melo hates puppies
You hate Melo

But yea man... there should certainly be better movement between the improved guard play and less ISO

And remember, if KP holds the ball too long at any time this season, it's on Melo! That's a free tip kids!

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/27/2017  6:34 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KP4Life wrote:I've heard when Ewing got traded that the team went on a win streak. I wonder if this will happen with melo trade.

Also, post Ewing year had no established stars. Think KP won't sneak up on anyone anymore. It's up to the guys that are not yet proven. If they have a break out year, then think we can surprise.

I think the biggest step forward will be guard play. We may not have Westbrook or Curry but at least we have some ponies that can run now. Last year Rose and Jennings didnt work out. Really bad ideas/moves from Phil. Just not good fits. Baker was a cute story and maybe he sticks, but he shot about 38% and thats just awful. Jeff just didnt have a lot of options.

This year he has Sessions, Jack, Frank and Baker. Lee was solid last year and Timmy and Dotson add some nice depth there also.

Again... not world beaters but man our guard play was just so bad last year. I am looking forward to see what Jeff can do with this group and I think its a better, younger and more diverse group for him to work with.

Melo didnt have a great year but if we win more games and play better I doubt it has anything to do with that, its going to be because we see a huge improvement in guard play.

It may also be related to better ball movement and spacing on offense. Melo was a sharpshooter, but he held the ball for half a possession when it came to him,

be careful.. some here will read that "held the ball comment" and understand what you REALLY meant was
this is all Melo's fault
Melo ruined everything
Melo hates puppies
You hate Melo

But yea man... there should certainly be better movement between the improved guard play and less ISO

And remember, if KP holds the ball too long at any time this season, it's on Melo! That's a free tip kids!

Melo... Who is this?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/28/2017  8:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

this is all Melo's fault
Melo ruined everything
Melo hates puppies
You hate Melo

I'm no Melo hater. I love his offensive game, just not on the NYK. If he wants to retain his hold it and dominate with mid-range accuracy game, mixed with post-ups and outside shooting, fine. But he can't be the focus of a motion-offense.

Ewing effect this season?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy