Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/29/2017  12:46 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:It's good to optimistic, but better to be realistic..

You thought the Knicks were going to be postseason team this season.

Is that realistic or optimistic?

I agree we should assess McDermott for what he does and not what we want to do.

In the same respect that had to be done for the entire Knicks roster, and I think Mills/Perry correctly concluded while we'd like them to be a postseason team, they weren't.

this is the weakest I have ever seen the Eastern conference, 35 to 37 wins will assure you a 8th to 6th seed...

that's a realistic goal

So they were going to leapfrog 5 teams in front of them, and outpace the Sixers, Magic and Nets, with the goal to finish five or seven games below .500 and a first round match up at the Cavs or Celtics?

Really?

The experience is what makes players better, builds confidence across the board. what will you get for winning 29 games, misery, loss of confidence, major changes again, coaches fired, and 5th straight lottery season, and no chance of getting a top 3 lottery pick.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

9/29/2017  12:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Chandler wrote:Several players including DM Beasley and enes will get opportunity

Who will coach them up and hopefully transform their D? Do we have anyone on staff for that

You expect too much from a coach. You also are emasculating the player. This is a man's league. Professional players. Everyone could use a little confidence and opportunity. Players talk a lot about guys believing in then when they succeed. They still have to go out and perform every night. 82 games plus 16 wins in the playoffs. Somewhere along the line the player has to take that initiative. Star players are star players regardless. If you can play you can play.

I don't think so. I'm in the Phil transformative, not transactional camp. Coach and org have to set goals for the player and provide the support to help them get there.

Of course, the most critical component is the player has to be willing/capable of learning and putting in the necessary work

(5)(5)
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

9/29/2017  12:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:It's good to optimistic, but better to be realistic..

You thought the Knicks were going to be postseason team this season.

Is that realistic or optimistic?

I agree we should assess McDermott for what he does and not what we want to do.

In the same respect that had to be done for the entire Knicks roster, and I think Mills/Perry correctly concluded while we'd like them to be a postseason team, they weren't.

this is the weakest I have ever seen the Eastern conference, 35 to 37 wins will assure you a 8th to 6th seed...

that's a realistic goal

So they were going to leapfrog 5 teams in front of them, and outpace the Sixers, Magic and Nets, with the goal to finish five or seven games below .500 and a first round match up at the Cavs or Celtics?

Really?

The experience is what makes players better, builds confidence across the board. what will you get for winning 29 games, misery, loss of confidence, major changes again, coaches fired, and 5th straight lottery season, and no chance of getting a top 3 lottery pick.

41 wins - .500, 29 wins - misery, 35 wins - confidence.

Got it.

What The Knicks Can Get From McDermott

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy