[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: Enes Kanter is an advanced stat anomally
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  4:21 PM
https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/7400/enes-kanter-is-an-advanced-stat-anomaly
From 2016 but a good read.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
9/23/2017  4:41 PM
Well , I for one am very happy that our management is finally looking at metrics. His defense does make me uncomfortable.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  4:56 PM
The trick is to find some way to get Kanter to put up at least SOME resistance on D! Just don't suck quite as much. If they can somehow squeeze a bit more D out of him it's a win.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  5:03 PM
nixluva wrote:The trick is to find some way to get Kanter to put up at least SOME resistance on D! Just don't suck quite as much. If they can somehow squeeze a bit more D out of him it's a win.

That's asking alot, especially if you're pairing him with KP. Kanter is pretty much at the bottom of every defensive metric out there. The bench is ideal for him so he won't have to deal with Frontline starters.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  5:07 PM
I agree fun to read but we all know this to be fact. Just look at Kanters 36 minutes stats. Last year Kanter was just about 25pts and 11 rebounds per 36 minutes. He's a monster. He is being wasted having played only 21 mins per.

Between Kanter, Beasley and THJr... the knicks have a trio filled with untapped potential. If they all fullfilled their potential along with KP, we would be looking asst a mother****ing powerhouse

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
9/23/2017  5:44 PM
EnySpree wrote:I agree fun to read but we all know this to be fact. Just look at Kanters 36 minutes stats. Last year Kanter was just about 25pts and 11 rebounds per 36 minutes. He's a monster. He is being wasted having played only 21 mins per.

Between Kanter, Beasley and THJr... the knicks have a trio filled with untapped potential. If they all fullfilled their potential along with KP, we would be looking asst a mother****ing powerhouse

This could be an ideal situation for Kanter and the rest of this Knicks roster. Minus a Ball Magnet like Melo, there will be more touches for everyone. A Free Flowing Offense could be a reality for the Knicks.

blkexec
Member: #748
9/23/2017  5:46 PM
EnySpree wrote:I agree fun to read but we all know this to be fact. Just look at Kanters 36 minutes stats. Last year Kanter was just about 25pts and 11 rebounds per 36 minutes. He's a monster. He is being wasted having played only 21 mins per.

They should all have a chip on their shoulder.....works in our favor!

I remember a thread on Kanter.....how knick fans (or maybe just briggs) really wanted this guy.

I believe he's more of a shot blocking presence than wally. With scoring abilities from med range in.

Dermot is a cat h and shoot spread the floor player.

Early second round isn't bad either. Melo is approaching mid 30s.....And all teams know we suck at trades so they try to low ball us. Hopefully tbat culture has changed wkth perry.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/23/2017  5:48 PM
So if he ever plays 36 or 48 minutes a game, he'll be a stud. good to know
nixluva
USA
9/23/2017  5:58 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:So if he ever plays 36 or 48 minutes a game, he'll be a stud. good to know

Is that really how you're understanding this? What's with the Salty take? Kanter is very efficient on offense and poor on D. He's also 25. The Knicks will see what they can get out of him and take it from there.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/23/2017  6:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:So if he ever plays 36 or 48 minutes a game, he'll be a stud. good to know

Is that really how you're understanding this? What's with the Salty take? Kanter is very efficient on offense and poor on D. He's also 25. The Knicks will see what they can get out of him and take it from there.

The Melo lovers are hurting and whining will be incessant for a very long time
I am just glad the negativity and drama and sulking and coach killing media bullsheeit has left the building. Hopefully we can look forward to some basic basketball again.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Ira
Member: #91
9/23/2017  7:02 PM
Kanter's Defensive Real Plus-Minus of -1.96 ranks him 73rd out of 75 centers that have played in the NBA this season, beating out only Andrea Bargnani (-2.01) and Jahlil Okafor (-2.03). The Thunder have a stellar Defensive Rating of 97.0 this season when Kanter is off the floor, compared to a whopping 105.8 when he's on it. He allows opponents to shoot 52.5% against him at the rim on 5.1 attempts per game, which is one of the worst marks in the league.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/23/2017  7:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The Melo lovers are hurting and whining will be incessant for a very long time
I am just glad the negativity and drama and sulking and coach killing media bullsheeit has left the building. Hopefully we can look forward to some basic basketball again.

Yes!!! It’s finally gone, its time to get back to team basketball !!!

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/23/2017  7:39 PM
Ira wrote:
Kanter's Defensive Real Plus-Minus of -1.96 ranks him 73rd out of 75 centers that have played in the NBA this season, beating out only Andrea Bargnani (-2.01) and Jahlil Okafor (-2.03). The Thunder have a stellar Defensive Rating of 97.0 this season when Kanter is off the floor, compared to a whopping 105.8 when he's on it. He allows opponents to shoot 52.5% against him at the rim on 5.1 attempts per game, which is one of the worst marks in the league.

Like Lots of people have said he is only 25, will he ever be a defensive stud,NO but if he can learn to be average it will bring him to stardom.

Like mills and Perry said in trading Melo they were looking for players that were young and had growing potential that screams kanter and McDermott we can all hope it pans out that way.

Otherwise its time to get on the Doncic train

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

9/23/2017  8:21 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Well , I for one am very happy that our management is finally looking at metrics. His defense does make me uncomfortable.

+1 - It is ironic that for all the complaining about Melo's defense we get 2 horrific defenders back in the deal. Hopefully they give up lots of points since I want them to get a decent pick this year.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/23/2017  8:49 PM
Some of his stats seemed to improve dramatically with Westbrook...No?

Just saying.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kanteen01.html

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/23/2017  8:55 PM
We're not going to get a complete player for Melo at this point - did as good as we could expect

On the bright side we finally got our University of Kentucky big

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
reub
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  8:56 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Well , I for one am very happy that our management is finally looking at metrics. His defense does make me uncomfortable.

+1 - It is ironic that for all the complaining about Melo's defense we get 2 horrific defenders back in the deal. Hopefully they give up lots of points since I want them to get a decent pick this year.

Losing 40 pounds and getting ripped should help him a lot on the defensive end. We'll see.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/23/2017  8:58 PM
reub wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:

Losing 40 pounds and getting ripped should help him a lot on the defensive end. We'll see.

Will he start pigging out now that he knows he's coming to the Knicks?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  10:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Some of his stats seemed to improve dramatically with Westbrook...No?

Just saying.

Good point. Durant and Westbrook drew alot of attention which gave a lot of open and one on one looks. He'll have to prove he can still put up those numbers with less talented teammates. The dude has always been able to score tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  10:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Some of his stats seemed to improve dramatically with Westbrook...No?

Just saying.

Good point. Durant and Westbrook drew alot of attention which gave a lot of open and one on one looks. He'll have to prove he can still put up those numbers with less talented teammates. The dude has always been able to score tho.

In OKC it was just Westbrook last season. Kanter had his best year. This year he's going to be surrounded by scorers at every other position.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Article: Enes Kanter is an advanced stat anomally

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy