[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks 2017 rotation/depth chart?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

9/26/2017  5:15 PM
I see frank starting from day one.. if we are in full rebuild mode what’s the point of starting a less talented veteran, from a money standpoint fans want to see the future, not a band aid vet min player.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/26/2017  6:59 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I see frank starting from day one.. if we are in full rebuild mode what’s the point of starting a less talented veteran, from a money standpoint fans want to see the future, not a band aid vet min player.
because he can be good and not ready, and just forcing minutes can hurt his confidence and development. He's getting handed minutes for sure, but he's gotta earn the start.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dwiley20
Member: #5755

9/27/2017  5:50 AM
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I see frank starting from day one.. if we are in full rebuild mode what’s the point of starting a less talented veteran, from a money standpoint fans want to see the future, not a band aid vet min player.
because he can be good and not ready, and just forcing minutes can hurt his confidence and development. He's getting handed minutes for sure, but he's gotta earn the start.

Giving him minutes can hurt his confidence and development l?? LMAO wow thats silly. Its basketball something they've been doing all their lives smdh
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
9/27/2017  8:42 AM
dwiley20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Giving him minutes can hurt his confidence and development l?? LMAO wow thats silly. Its basketball something they've been doing all their lives smdh

His first NBA game against Westbrook in OKC would be something to see. It could crush him

codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/1/2017  4:56 PM
To win the most games this season (instead of upgrading future team asset value), i expect the following lineup to be the best overall by mid season.

Start/Finish

Frank
THJ
Beasley
KP
Noah

Problem: Beasley is a substandard defender in several roles but is a needed half-court post-primary offensive threat.

Bench

Sessions
Lee
Lance
Willy
Kanter

The offense here will consist of rebounding misses and throwing it out to 3 point shooters.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/1/2017  5:04 PM
codeunknown wrote:To win the most games this season (instead of upgrading future team asset value), i expect the following lineup to be the best overall by mid season.

Start/Finish

Frank
THJ
Beasley
KP
Noah

Problem: Beasley is a substandard defender in several roles but is a needed half-court post-primary offensive threat.

Bench

Sessions
Lee
Lance
Willy
Kanter

The offense here will consist of rebounding misses and throwing it out to 3 point shooters.

Why start Beas over Lee? Lee has been a starter, has he done something to lose spot or has Beas done something or bring something to earn spot?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/1/2017  6:01 PM
martin wrote:
codeunknown wrote:To win the most games this season (instead of upgrading future team asset value), i expect the following lineup to be the best overall by mid season.

Start/Finish

Frank
THJ
Beasley
KP
Noah

Bench

Sessions
Lee
Lance
Willy
Kanter

Why start Beas over Lee? Lee has been a starter, has he done something to lose spot or has Beas done something or bring something to earn spot?

I don't view it as incumbent vs challenger, with their usual advantages; the team personnel and philosophy have changed too much.
In other words, there is a significant projection aspect to both. The departure of Carmelo and Rose opens the offensive landscape significantly.

While Carmelo would often saddle us with his inefficiency overall, he was relatively efficient in isolation (79th percentile points per possession). Likewise Rose was relatively efficient as a pick and role ball handler (74-75th percentile PPP). Despite the fact that our primary schemes were at times disrupted by these 2, these select efficiencies will be missed both directly and with respect to opponent help defense because the failure rate of primary schemes for all NBA teams is significant.

Last year Beasley was 88 %ile in isolation (84 %ile in 2015-16), 75 %ile on spot-ups and 94 % ile on post-ups, at twice the usage % of Courtney Lee. Lee did not post up once last year and was 53 %ile on spot ups. Lee was actually 89 %ile in isolation last year, on low volume and likely an anomaly from secondary ball swing advantages. Note that Lee was 61% ile the previous year in isolation. In total, this is all to prove something you mal already believe - which is that Beasley is a better multi-dimensional offensive player, especially from a standstill.

Defensively, it gets interesting. Beasley was at 40 %ile in isolation last year, Lee at 80% ile. Positional differences matter, however, and Lee played mostly at the 2 last year. If you place him at the 3 against bigger players who can post him up, you may get eaten alive (6th percentile on post-ups defensively last year). In comparison, Beasley was 100 %ile on post-ups defensively, although I expect this to be a partial outlier for several reasons. Finally, if you re-shuffle the line-up to put THJ at small forward just to play lee, you do THJ a disservice defensively.

To me, starting Lee over Beasley is not viable, if past trends hold.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/1/2017  6:37 PM
codeunknown wrote:
martin wrote:

Start/Finish

Frank
THJ
Beasley
KP
Noah

Bench

Sessions
Lee
Lance
Willy
Kanter

I don't view it as incumbent vs challenger, with their usual advantages; the team personnel and philosophy have changed too much.
In other words, there is a significant projection aspect to both. The departure of Carmelo and Rose opens the offensive landscape significantly.

While Carmelo would often saddle us with his inefficiency overall, he was relatively efficient in isolation (79th percentile points per possession). Likewise Rose was relatively efficient as a pick and role ball handler (74-75th percentile PPP). Despite the fact that our primary schemes were at times disrupted by these 2, these select efficiencies will be missed both directly and with respect to opponent help defense because the failure rate of primary schemes for all NBA teams is significant.

Last year Beasley was 88 %ile in isolation (84 %ile in 2015-16), 75 %ile on spot-ups and 94 % ile on post-ups, at twice the usage % of Courtney Lee. Lee did not post up once last year and was 53 %ile on spot ups. Lee was actually 89 %ile in isolation last year, on low volume and likely an anomaly from secondary ball swing advantages. Note that Lee was 61% ile the previous year in isolation. In total, this is all to prove something you mal already believe - which is that Beasley is a better multi-dimensional offensive player, especially from a standstill.

Defensively, it gets interesting. Beasley was at 40 %ile in isolation last year, Lee at 80% ile. Positional differences matter, however, and Lee played mostly at the 2 last year. If you place him at the 3 against bigger players who can post him up, you may get eaten alive (6th percentile on post-ups defensively last year). In comparison, Beasley was 100 %ile on post-ups defensively, although I expect this to be a partial outlier for several reasons. Finally, if you re-shuffle the line-up to put THJ at small forward just to play lee, you do THJ a disservice defensively.

To me, starting Lee over Beasley is not viable, if past trends hold.

I still think Beasley is a 6th man candidate. McD has a more complimentary style out there with the starters IMO. CLee being mentioned seems like a sign of respect more than a serious option to start.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/1/2017  6:45 PM
dwiley20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Maybe your new to following pro sports? Its not silly at all. Some players are projects. Others are more ready to play. When a guy has raw talent but is not ready running him out there as he makes mistakes and hurts the team is not good for his development. Silly you cant grasp this.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/1/2017  7:09 PM

Start/Finish

Frank
THJ
Beasley
KP
Noah

Bench

Sessions
Lee
Lance
Willy
Kanter

I just dont see how Willy and Kanter can play together, Knicks are making a mistake putting Noah on the floor.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/1/2017  8:53 PM
Maybe not right away, but you have to believe that this is the intended lineup. Very close to a three guard lineup there with KP playing the role of Channing Frye

Ntilikina
Baker
Hardaway
KP
Hernangomez

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/1/2017  8:53 PM
Maybe not right away, but you have to believe that this is the intended lineup. Very close to a three guard lineup there with KP playing the role of Channing Frye

Ntilikina
Baker
Hardaway
KP
Hernangomez

This is the Randle.
Knicks 2017 rotation/depth chart?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy