Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

9/23/2017  2:07 PM
martin wrote:Jack/Sessions/Frank/Baker
THJr/Lee/Dotson
LT/Beasley/Kuz/McDermot
KP/KOQ
Willy/Kanter/Noah

I don't expect Ntilikina to be third on the depth chart.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2017  2:10 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
THJr/Lee/Dotson
LT/Beasley/Kuz/McDermot
KP/KOQ
Willy/Kanter/Noah

I don't expect Ntilikina to be third on the depth chart.

yeah I should have named the thread depth chart instead of rotation, that's really what I meant

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/23/2017  2:13 PM
I think McDermott or Beasley start at SF. I personally would use Beasley off the bench at both forward spots. Kanter starts at C.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2017  2:15 PM
VDesai wrote:I think McDermott or Beasley start at SF. I personally would use Beasley off the bench at both forward spots. Kanter starts at C.

That's the defensive SIV lineup, also known as the Doncic Tank lineup.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/23/2017  2:17 PM
martin wrote:
VDesai wrote:I think McDermott or Beasley start at SF. I personally would use Beasley off the bench at both forward spots. Kanter starts at C.

We're not gonna play any defense this year. This is gonna be the wide open game Hornacek has wanted. Time to lose a bunch of games 119-108. Should be more fun to watch though.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/23/2017  2:23 PM
THJr/Lee/Dotson
LT/Beasley/Kuz/McDermot
KP/KOQ
Willy/Kanter/Noah

Im guessing Baker will be ahead of Frank unless he really impresses. Baker has a year with the returning players, is a favorite of Hornacek. Would be a better choice at first IMO, unless Frank has a hell of a camp, and preseason.

Noah is on a mission to erase the memory of last season. Would be surprised if he fell to third on the depth chart, especially since Kanter isn't much of a stopper.

I believe its going to be a battle between LT and Beasley for the starting job if LT comes back 💯 percent.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/23/2017  2:27 PM
martin wrote:

Word

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
9/23/2017  2:29 PM
Not for nothing. Jack, Sessions, Lee, Lance, KOQ, Noah are all some high character vets as well. Though Noah didn't represent himself well last year.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  2:32 PM
I actually think there's a good chance that Nitty gets the nod. He's REALLY young but maybe they feel he's close enough to throw him into the fire. If not then Jack is probably the guy. I don't envy Jeff having to figure out these rotations. It's gonna be really tough.
newyorknewyork
9/23/2017  2:33 PM
Beasley and Lance will see a lot of time at PF. KOQ will probably be fazed out. Willy while he came on strong towards the end of last season. I can see Jeff playing Kanter & Noah and only giving Willy spot mins or time if Noah gets injured or rest days until it gets sorted out.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  3:14 PM

I'm not sure McDermott is better than Kuz. Bease KP and Kanter together is a defensive disaster like we've never seen. Games would be fun tho.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jrshoops
Member: #7524

9/23/2017  3:16 PM
We need to make some more trades and pick up more picks. Trade Lee for a 2nd rounder.

I see a rotation like:

Ntilikina/Sessions/Baker/Xavier (Jack gets cut)
Hardaway/McDermott/Dotson/Baker
Thomas/Beasley/Kuz
KP/Willy/O'Quinn
Kanter/Willy/Noah/O'Quinn

Dotson gets a year under his belt and becomes the backup SG next year. Willy, if he keeps improving, we trade Kanter at the deadline.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  3:30 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Not for nothing. Jack, Sessions, Lee, Lance, KOQ, Noah are all some high character vets as well. Though Noah didn't represent himself well last year.
Great point. I think Lee and KOQ get traded at some point this season. Lee has no business being on a 25 win team at 31 yrs old. KOQ is good but he is easy to move and there are too many 5's on the roster.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
9/23/2017  4:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Not for nothing. Jack, Sessions, Lee, Lance, KOQ, Noah are all some high character vets as well. Though Noah didn't represent himself well last year.
Great point. I think Lee and KOQ get traded at some point this season. Lee has no business being on a 25 win team at 31 yrs old. KOQ is good but he is easy to move and there are too many 5's on the roster.

I feel they are harder to move then we may understand. I feel they would have been moved already.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  4:02 PM
The Knicks are super deep.... training camp is officially going to be a dog fight.

I see KP, Beasley, Kanter, Jack and THJr starting the year. They are gonna score

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  4:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:The Knicks are super deep.... training camp is officially going to be a dog fight.

I see KP, Beasley, Kanter, Jack and THJr starting the year. They are gonna score

I think Beasley reclaims his career and achieves some of the potential he appeared to have when he was drafted. Similar to Extra E when he played for the Knicks, I think he surprises a lot of people that are counting him out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/23/2017  4:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Now Horn has to become a NBA head coach and stop being a puppet-coach by putting players in their natural NBA position .. Quinn and WHG are PF in the NBA, not centers. The next NBA team coach would use Quinn or WHG as strong-fowards to man the glass for defensive switches plus screen for the guards.
Noah and Kanter should now be able to man the center position.
KP weak soft performance could stay in Latvia to learn how to rebound n shoot 50% while watching the Knicks on satellite win games from low-post scoring. Im not much of a fan of a 7.3 perimeter KP, let KP mourn the Melo trade to OKC.

Getting Kanter were a good move to put in a lineup with Quinn or WHG to man the paint for inside scoring n defensive-switches. I recall GSW couldn't get inside scoring in a series vs OKC when Kanter n Adams were in the same lineup.
Not to happy bout picking up McDermott, but McDermott is a much better 2 way SF than Kuz n Lance Thomas put together, need to work on his shooting range.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  4:57 PM
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Now Horn has to become a NBA head coach and stop being a puppet-coach by putting players in their natural NBA position .. Quinn and WHG are PF in the NBA, not centers. The next NBA team coach would use Quinn or WHG as strong-fowards to man the glass for defensive switches plus screen for the guards.
Noah and Kanter should now be able to man the center position.
KP weak soft performance could stay in Latvia to learn how to rebound n shoot 50% while watching the Knicks on satellite win games from low-post scoring. Im not much of a fan of a 7.3 perimeter KP, let KP mourn the Melo trade to OKC.

Getting Kanter were a good move to put in a lineup with Quinn or WHG to man the paint for inside scoring n defensive-switches. I recall GSW couldn't get inside scoring in a series vs OKC when Kanter n Adams were in the same lineup.
Not to happy bout picking up McDermott, but McDermott is a much better 2 way SF than Kuz n Lance Thomas put together, need to work on his shooting range.

I think it's the other way around. McDermott is a solid shooter but makes no plays on defense. He's a better shooter than Kuz, but is a better driver and finisher. They both suck on defense. I'll take LT all day, everyday over McDermott if he's healthy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/23/2017  5:25 PM
I was trying to construct depth chart. Tough job.
OQuinn and Lee fit where
Kuz?
Dotson?
Even Noah Playing time questionable
Sessions ?

Okay - if Frank N can start and handle 25-30 minutes from day 1 great.
If not it’s Ron Baker. Against smaller teams, I assume Lee or Tim play 3 or Kuz gets a burn.

If KP/Enes and Wily split minutes at the 4/5 only Noah or OQuinn spells them. OQuinn logical to go as he has a contract that can Be moved.

3= Beasley/McDermott/Kuz/ Thomas None ofnwhom play D except Thomas ...

Sessions / Dotson / Jack / Filler as is Randle or XRM if they make it.

IMO OQuinn and Lee and Randle can Be moved.

Knicks 2017 rotation/depth chart?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy