[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  2:56 PM
fwk00 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I like the trade. Kanter is good big man. McDermott is another good piece.

I can see KOQ and CLEE being traded soon now

Kanter will stick as will O'Quinn.

Core set of players to me looks like:

Willy/Kanter/Noah - (could see Knicks buy Noah out)

Frankie/Baker

Porky/O'Quinn

THJ/McDermott

Beasley

Westchester shuffle:

Kormet

one of Hayes/Artis

Xavier

Dotson

On the trade block:

LT

CLee

Likely released:

one or both of: Sessions/Jack

I think Sessions stays and might start. Wasn't he Perry's first signing?
We've got about 20 guys vying for positions this preseason. Many different possibilities.
And we're getting younger by the day which is something that I can't say about myself.

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/23/2017  2:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:This is an expiring contract in a year at 17Mmm and Wily should be better in a year or two. We’ve just freed up $28mm in cap space and I’m fine with it. Brand and Hoodie are history!

To over pay for another avg player, the knicks are suppose to get better though trade, they're suppose to bring in players that make them better.

Then completely contradict yourself 24 hrs ago about how he is going to be in camp monday, then dump him for peanuts and a pretzel..wow

Remember when someone told you 24 hours ago Perry's blog post meant he didn't expect to win this year?

They are rebuilding, not competing, accept it.

Rebuilding? You mean till 2019? And with 2nd round draft picks? Nah. This was simple. MELO told them flat out he was tired of the clown show. Was never showing up at training camp. Knicks had no choice. But made oit ok. Knicks got lucky that he expanded his list. Or we would be seeing something far worse in deal with Houston.

Question is, do Knicks flip Kanter for true rebuilding pieces as they have several 5's and he can opt out (although don't think so) next summer. Do like him but again, a true revlbuild would be with draft picks or young talent with good contracts.

thats a fair point. We shall see if more trades are on the horizon. I give melo credit for expanding the list so both sides could move on

Been saying for weeks, his side were not having him come back to the Knicks. And mellow was always consistent . He has always said that once the next told him they were moving in a different direction he would respect it and move on. He just did not want to go to another clown show.

Like Doug and Kanter but don't think they help us get any closer to a chip as player's but maybe as pieces to get us more chances at winning the draft LOTTO.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
reub

9/23/2017  2:58 PM
nixluva wrote:I think this left an impression

It definitely left an impression on Porzingis' sternum and on Melo's ego for sure.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  2:58 PM

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/23/2017  2:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  3:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:This is an expiring contract in a year at 17Mmm and Wily should be better in a year or two. We’ve just freed up $28mm in cap space and I’m fine with it. Brand and Hoodie are history!

To over pay for another avg player, the knicks are suppose to get better though trade, they're suppose to bring in players that make them better.

Then completely contradict yourself 24 hrs ago about how he is going to be in camp monday, then dump him for peanuts and a pretzel..wow

Remember when someone told you 24 hours ago Perry's blog post meant he didn't expect to win this year?

Rebuilding? You mean till 2019? And with 2nd round draft picks? Nah. This was simple. MELO told them flat out he was tired of the clown show. Was never showing up at training camp. Knicks had no choice. But made oit ok. Knicks got lucky that he expanded his list. Or we would be seeing something far worse in deal with Houston.

Question is, do Knicks flip Kanter for true rebuilding pieces as they have several 5's and he can opt out (although don't think so) next summer. Do like him but again, a true revlbuild would be with draft picks or young talent with good contracts.

thats a fair point. We shall see if more trades are on the horizon. I give melo credit for expanding the list so both sides could move on

Been saying for weeks, his side were not having him come back to the Knicks. And mellow was always consistent . He has always said that once the next told him they were moving in a different direction he would respect it and move on. He just did not want to go to another clown show.

Like Doug and Kanter but don't think they help us get any closer to a chip as player's but maybe as pieces to get us more chances at winning the draft LOTTO.

i do think he could have done this weeks ago. He was holding out for houston
dwiley20
Member: #5755

9/23/2017  2:59 PM
nyk4ever wrote:For anyone who thinks the knicks lost this trade, guess again. im not sure what anyone expected us to get for melo.. we got a very good YOUNG big man in kanter who averaged 14/7 in 21mpg last year, that is serious per minute production, he will pair very nicely with wily. we also got a player in McDermott who has a lot of untapped potential, he fits the new NBA very well and I think just needs some playing time to figure things out.

these two players was about as good as it was gonna get for a player with a ntc, trade kicker and is a 14yt veteran. very happy with this

Sounds good but the way teams spread you out that many big man won't help..they won't be on the court at same time.

CrushAlot
USA
9/23/2017  3:01 PM
dwiley20 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:For anyone who thinks the knicks lost this trade, guess again. im not sure what anyone expected us to get for melo.. we got a very good YOUNG big man in kanter who averaged 14/7 in 21mpg last year, that is serious per minute production, he will pair very nicely with wily. we also got a player in McDermott who has a lot of untapped potential, he fits the new NBA very well and I think just needs some playing time to figure things out.

these two players was about as good as it was gonna get for a player with a ntc, trade kicker and is a 14yt veteran. very happy with this

Sounds good but the way teams spread you out that many big man won't help..they won't be on the court at same time.

Melo's deal was almost impossible to move because of his salary, his ntc and the trade kicker. He dropped the kicker and added teams to his list which helped. But getting this much back was a win in my opinion.
reub

9/23/2017  3:02 PM
I remember Horny saying that the team needed to add toughness in the offseason. Kanter definitely brings that. It should open up our outside game considerably. Just 24 years old, his advanced stats are incredible!
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/23/2017  3:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
MS wrote:What did we really get here?

Say what you will about melo, but he made KPs life easier and would have done the same for Hardaway. Much like Tyson Chandler, we should have waited, allow the value to come as the season went on and put him in the isolation position like Woodson with shooters all around him to space the floor.

We never move an asset at the right time ever

My guess is they just didn't want to deal with Melo trade rumors and also taking a chance that Melo INJURES himself which people seem to keep forgetting is a real possibility. No, it's all over now and they can get about the work of building this thing going forward.

good post i agree. They really needed to get it over with. We were never getting a big return for melo at this stage in his career either

We waited to long .. Melo should've been package on draft night .. Melo valued dropped to nothing when we bought out Billups .. LinSanity lifted up the morale of the team, then Melo valued dropped to nothing again when Jason Kidd retired. Knicks and Melo were a disaster

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/23/2017  3:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Do like him but again, a true revlbuild would be with draft picks or young talent with good contracts.

Melo's age, ability, contract, trade kicker and NTC made getting be ideal rebuild return virtually impossible.

They got him out of town as painlessly as possible given the obstacles.

CrushAlot
USA
9/23/2017  3:10 PM
CrushAlot
USA
9/23/2017  3:11 PM
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/23/2017  3:11 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

They got 5 centers, it's the most lopsided roster in the NBA, and I told I dont give 2 shts about melo. If your not putting your team in a position to compete and win, WTF is the purpose. The coach wants to run and play fast, and we trade for a center, and complete liabilty on d

So now you have Beasly and Mcdermott, and your talking defense.

Lame ass FO that caved in once again with another lame ass trade, just like rose, calderon, shumpert, jr. Always getting back trash

ES
StarksEwing1

9/23/2017  3:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

They got 5 centers, it's the most lopsided roster in the NBA, and I told I dont give 2 shts about melo. If your not putting your team in a position to compete and win, WTF is the purpose. The coach wants to run and play fast, and we trade for a center, and complete liabilty on d

Lame ass FO that caved in once again with another lame ass trade, just like rose, calderon, shumpert, jr. Always getting back trash

you always whine dude. Did you expect them to get a kings ransom for a flawed 33 year old player on a bad contract?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/23/2017  3:15 PM
reub wrote:I remember Horny saying that the team needed to add toughness in the offseason. Kanter definitely brings that. It should open up our outside game considerably. Just 24 years old, his advanced stats are incredible!

He doesn't pass, and his defense is horrible. He is very efficient at scoring and rebounding though. This is why OKC reduced him to a 20min man off the bench to maximize his skill set.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1

9/23/2017  3:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
it was both sides IMO. melo probably should have moved on 3 years ago and we should have started the rebuild then. Blame for everybody
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/23/2017  3:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You already know the answer to your questions.

You don't like the answer, you don't believe in the answer, but you still know what it is.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  3:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I've seen Melo dog enough plays in defense and make selfish plays to know that's not entirely true. There's plenty of blame to throw around on both sides.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1

9/23/2017  3:21 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You already know the answer to your questions.

You don't like the answer, you don't believe in the answer, but you still know what it is.

its pretty comical
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  3:22 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:I remember Horny saying that the team needed to add toughness in the offseason. Kanter definitely brings that. It should open up our outside game considerably. Just 24 years old, his advanced stats are incredible!

He doesn't pass, and his defense is horrible. He is very efficient at scoring and rebounding though. This is why OKC reduced him to a 20min man off the bench to maximize his skill set.

He's not a good fit with KP. We need to move him and try to open up cap space.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy