[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

9/23/2017  2:33 PM
joec32033 wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:No 1st rounder is why we lost this trade. C'mon this wasn't the best trade available we just wanted him out the East...Crowder shumpert and Cavs slrst rounder would been better

And what makes you think they were trading Crowder?

Beecause Melo is who Cavs need somebody who can dominate while LeBron sits. Only reason trade didn't happen is because they have to wait until October 21 to trade him so yeah!!

Isaiah Thomas? Cavs don't need Melo. Matter of fact, before Boston traded him, I wanted Crowder as the centerpiece for a Melo deal. All these offers for Melo are similar.

agreed. Didnt they laugh at us when we wanted Love straight up?
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
9/23/2017  2:37 PM
What did we really get here?

Say what you will about melo, but he made KPs life easier and would have done the same for Hardaway. Much like Tyson Chandler, we should have waited, allow the value to come as the season went on and put him in the isolation position like Woodson with shooters all around him to space the floor.

We never move an asset at the right time ever

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/23/2017  2:39 PM
Trade is okay I guess. It gives the Knicks a 2nd rd pick. I don't think Kanter or McBuckets will be in NY long. It will be hard to get anything for Kanter when he has an option.
StarksEwing1

9/23/2017  2:40 PM
MS wrote:What did we really get here?

Say what you will about melo, but he made KPs life easier and would have done the same for Hardaway. Much like Tyson Chandler, we should have waited, allow the value to come as the season went on and put him in the isolation position like Woodson with shooters all around him to space the floor.

waiting would have made it worse. We werent winning with him anyway and he wasnt magically gonna change his style....it was the right move
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
For anyone who thinks the knicks lost this trade, guess again. im not sure what anyone expected us to get for melo.. we got a very good YOUNG big man in kanter who averaged 14/7 in 21mpg last year, that is serious per minute production, he will pair very nicely with wily. we also got a player in McDermott who has a lot of untapped potential, he fits the new NBA very well and I think just needs some playing time to figure things out.

these two players was about as good as it was gonna get for a player with a ntc, trade kicker and is a 14yt veteran. very happy with this

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/23/2017  2:41 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:This is an expiring contract in a year at 17Mmm and Wily should be better in a year or two. We’ve just freed up $28mm in cap space and I’m fine with it. Brand and Hoodie are history!

To over pay for another avg player, the knicks are suppose to get better though trade, they're suppose to bring in players that make them better.

Then completely contradict yourself 24 hrs ago about how he is going to be in camp monday, then dump him for peanuts and a pretzel..wow

Remember when someone told you 24 hours ago Perry's blog post meant he didn't expect to win this year?

They are rebuilding, not competing, accept it.

Rebuilding? You mean till 2019? And with 2nd round draft picks? Nah. This was simple. MELO told them flat out he was tired of the clown show. Was never showing up at training camp. Knicks had no choice. But made oit ok. Knicks got lucky that he expanded his list. Or we would be seeing something far worse in deal with Houston.

Question is, do Knicks flip Kanter for true rebuilding pieces as they have several 5's and he can opt out (although don't think so) next summer. Do like him but again, a true revlbuild would be with draft picks or young talent with good contracts.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  2:42 PM

My guess is they just didn't want to deal with Melo trade rumors and also taking a chance that Melo INJURES himself which people seem to keep forgetting is a real possibility. No, it's all over now and they can get about the work of building this thing going forward.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
9/23/2017  2:42 PM
It's not that Mc Dermott and Kanter are horrible players, it's just they are not a good fit at all. Both are defensive sieves. We are not going to be a good defensive team despite what all management has emphasized.
StarksEwing1

9/23/2017  2:43 PM
nixluva wrote:

My guess is they just didn't want to deal with Melo trade rumors and also taking a chance that Melo INJURES himself which people seem to keep forgetting is a real possibility. No, it's all over now and they can get about the work of building this thing going forward.

good post i agree. They really needed to get it over with. We were never getting a big return for melo at this stage in his career either
reub
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  2:46 PM
Chasson Randle played himself out of a job in Summer League. He wasn't making this team anyway. McDermott has a lot to prove and this might be his last chance. His 3 pt shooting is outstanding. Kanter's stats are out of this world on offense. If you pair him with KP or O'Quinn we will still have a rim protector in there. And his offensive rebounding is through the roof. I remember Phil and Horny talking about acquiring a tough guy in the offseason and now Perry has done just that. Only 24! Plus a high 2nd rounder never hurts. No more jabstepping, NTCs and branding please.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  2:45 PM
nyk4ever wrote:For anyone who thinks the knicks lost this trade, guess again. im not sure what anyone expected us to get for melo.. we got a very good YOUNG big man in kanter who averaged 14/7 in 21mpg last year, that is serious per minute production, he will pair very nicely with wily. we also got a player in McDermott who has a lot of untapped potential, he fits the new NBA very well and I think just needs some playing time to figure things out.

these two players was about as good as it was gonna get for a player with a ntc, trade kicker and is a 14yt veteran. very happy with this

I agree. I think this was a good trade for both teams. The Cavs and Rockets had nothing to give the Knicks. The Knicks do have a glut of centers though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

9/23/2017  2:45 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:This is an expiring contract in a year at 17Mmm and Wily should be better in a year or two. We’ve just freed up $28mm in cap space and I’m fine with it. Brand and Hoodie are history!

To over pay for another avg player, the knicks are suppose to get better though trade, they're suppose to bring in players that make them better.

Then completely contradict yourself 24 hrs ago about how he is going to be in camp monday, then dump him for peanuts and a pretzel..wow

Remember when someone told you 24 hours ago Perry's blog post meant he didn't expect to win this year?

They are rebuilding, not competing, accept it.

Rebuilding? You mean till 2019? And with 2nd round draft picks? Nah. This was simple. MELO told them flat out he was tired of the clown show. Was never showing up at training camp. Knicks had no choice. But made oit ok. Knicks got lucky that he expanded his list. Or we would be seeing something far worse in deal with Houston.

Question is, do Knicks flip Kanter for true rebuilding pieces as they have several 5's and he can opt out (although don't think so) next summer. Do like him but again, a true revlbuild would be with draft picks or young talent with good contracts.

thats a fair point. We shall see if more trades are on the horizon. I give melo credit for expanding the list so both sides could move on
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/23/2017  2:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:No 1st rounder is why we lost this trade. C'mon this wasn't the best trade available we just wanted him out the East...Crowder shumpert and Cavs slrst rounder would been better

And what makes you think they were trading Crowder?

Beecause Melo is who Cavs need somebody who can dominate while LeBron sits. Only reason trade didn't happen is because they have to wait until October 21 to trade him so yeah!!

i seriously doubt they were trading crowder to get melo. Hell i wouldnt

either would I, Crowder is better

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
dwiley20
Member: #5755

9/23/2017  2:49 PM

Right on

fwk00
Member: #6048

9/23/2017  2:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I like the trade. Kanter is good big man. McDermott is another good piece.

I can see KOQ and CLEE being traded soon now

Kanter will stick as will O'Quinn.

Core set of players to me looks like:

Willy/Kanter/Noah - (could see Knicks buy Noah out)

Frankie/Baker

Porky/O'Quinn

THJ/McDermott

Beasley

Westchester shuffle:

Kormet

one of Hayes/Artis

Xavier

Dotson

On the trade block:

LT

CLee

Likely released:

one or both of: Sessions/Jack

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/23/2017  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  2:52 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

WHO AM I KIDDING, HOPE YOU FALL DOWN THE FUKKING STAIRS AS WELL

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Gudris
Member: #6213

9/23/2017  2:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

WHO AM I KIDDING, HOPE YOU FALL DOWN THE FUKKING STAIRS AS WELL

Your nickname makes no sense anymore maaan :)

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2017  2:55 PM
fwk00 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I like the trade. Kanter is good big man. McDermott is another good piece.

I can see KOQ and CLEE being traded soon now

Kanter will stick as will O'Quinn.

Core set of players to me looks like:

Willy/Kanter/Noah - (could see Knicks buy Noah out)

Frankie/Baker

Porky/O'Quinn

THJ/McDermott

Beasley

Westchester shuffle:

Kormet

one of Hayes/Artis

Xavier

Dotson

On the trade block:

LT

CLee

Likely released:

one or both of: Sessions/Jack

dude, very uninformed. Both of those guys were signed to give Frank/Baker on court instruction.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  2:55 PM
I think this left an impression

Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy