[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

9/26/2017  1:00 PM
nixluva wrote:
jrodmc wrote:yeah! KP is just like Ewing! Except for the fact that Ewing managed to drag pathetic Knick teams to the playoffs every year! Except that it didn't take Ewing 2 seasons to develop a post game! Yeah! Other than little things like winning games, KP is exactly like Ewing!

Yeah, I mean, it's not like the team's only going to win 2 games without Melo, right? Right?

And the NBA is practically just like Latvia! We're going all the way! Everyone, get on the chip train! Chooo chooo!

Ewing was a 23 year old Rookie whereas KP came in as a 20 yr old. KP may never be Ewing or he could end up better! It's still an open question but KP has shown a BOATLOAD of potential already. They're of course totally different players so there's no direct comparison but this year KP can assume leadership of the team!

I'm not sure why there's a salty attitude towards KP given he's our first legit drafted talent with franchise potential since Ewing. Why kick dirt on him given his age and considerable potential? SMDH!

He misses exit meetings, stalks pretty models on the 'net, and lost his drivers license in Latvia for speeding.

But if he averages 20/9/3 with 3 blocks per game I'll forgive him.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/26/2017  1:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Us Knick Fans are still a mismanagement Knick team having a bogus losing puppet head coach in Hornacek, and another fake star franchise player with poor decision-making and no type of leadership ability standing at 7.3 on the perimeter begging for the ball.

Then why are you a fan? You stupid or something?

It is to laugh. You're really questioning someone's intelligence for denegrating the best player on the team? LMFAO!!!

Kemet wrote:How is kp a fake star? The NBA has never seen a star like KP, he just took Latvia to the simi finals of the euro championship again Lavita that tiny country that never makes it out of the first round, that has nobody but KP . Talk about leadership? He led that team and willed them to victory.

KP will be ten times the star melo ever was I would be shocked if KP dose not win a chip in the nba in his prime for the knicks which is still years away. KP is more on the Ewing level of domination, it’s prob gonna take another year or two but to put it into prospective next year KP will be the same age as Ewing when Ewing came into the league... Ewing was a rookie kp will be a four year vet. This is the best the knicks have looked since 89-90.

Melo was poison, a team chemistry killer, a declining borderline all star.

Mis management? From years past this is the best our front office has looked for the first time it seems like everyone is on the same page.

The melo drama is over its time to celebrate 🎉 come on man get on the we are free of the melo train their is only one way to go from here up

yeah! KP is just like Ewing! Except for the fact that Ewing managed to drag pathetic Knick teams to the playoffs every year! Except that it didn't take Ewing 2 seasons to develop a post game! Yeah! Other than little things like winning games, KP is exactly like Ewing!

Yeah, I mean, it's not like the team's only going to win 2 games without Melo, right? Right?

And the NBA is practically just like Latvia! We're going all the way! Everyone, get on the chip train! Chooo chooo!

I'm really surprised you are here I figured you would be halfway to OKC by now

No dude, like I've posted for the past decade or so, I wasn't a fan of Melo before he got here. Won't be following him now that he's gone.

But thanks for your contribution to the thread! Very informative!

Yeah but Marbury was here and that's basically the same thing.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/26/2017  2:09 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Us Knick Fans are still a mismanagement Knick team having a bogus losing puppet head coach in Hornacek, and another fake star franchise player with poor decision-making and no type of leadership ability standing at 7.3 on the perimeter begging for the ball.

It is to laugh. You're really questioning someone's intelligence for denegrating the best player on the team? LMFAO!!!

Kemet wrote:How is kp a fake star? The NBA has never seen a star like KP, he just took Latvia to the simi finals of the euro championship again Lavita that tiny country that never makes it out of the first round, that has nobody but KP . Talk about leadership? He led that team and willed them to victory.

KP will be ten times the star melo ever was I would be shocked if KP dose not win a chip in the nba in his prime for the knicks which is still years away. KP is more on the Ewing level of domination, it’s prob gonna take another year or two but to put it into prospective next year KP will be the same age as Ewing when Ewing came into the league... Ewing was a rookie kp will be a four year vet. This is the best the knicks have looked since 89-90.

Mis management? From years past this is the best our front office has looked for the first time it seems like everyone is on the same page.

The melo drama is over its time to celebrate 🎉 come on man get on the we are free of the melo train their is only one way to go from here up

yeah! KP is just like Ewing! Except for the fact that Ewing managed to drag pathetic Knick teams to the playoffs every year! Except that it didn't take Ewing 2 seasons to develop a post game! Yeah! Other than little things like winning games, KP is exactly like Ewing!

Ewing dragged the Knicks to 23 and 24 wins his first 2 years and 38 his third. It wasn't until Charles Oakley arrived in his fourth/age 26 year that Ewing dragged them to winning record.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/26/2017  2:27 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Ewing dragged the Knicks to 23 and 24 wins his first 2 years and 38 his third. It wasn't until Charles Oakley arrived in his fourth/age 26 year that Ewing dragged them to winning record.

Hey that wasn’t me who wrote

You stupid or something

fitzfarm

9/26/2017  2:28 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:Us Knick Fans are still a mismanagement Knick team having a bogus losing puppet head coach in Hornacek, and another fake star franchise player with poor decision-making and no type of leadership ability standing at 7.3 on the perimeter begging for the ball.

See wasn’t me

fitzfarm

9/26/2017  2:30 PM
I wrote, how is kp a fake star? Thats weird
fitzfarm

9/26/2017  2:31 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:Us Knick Fans are still a mismanagement Knick team having a bogus losing puppet head coach in Hornacek, and another fake star franchise player with poor decision-making and no type of leadership ability standing at 7.3 on the perimeter begging for the ball.

How is kp a fake star? The NBA has never seen a star like KP, he just took Latvia to the simi finals of the euro championship again Lavita that tiny country that never makes it out of the first round, that has nobody but KP . Talk about leadership? He led that team and willed them to victory.

See

Knickoftime

9/26/2017  3:18 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

How is kp a fake star? The NBA has never seen a star like KP, he just took Latvia to the simi finals of the euro championship again Lavita that tiny country that never makes it out of the first round, that has nobody but KP . Talk about leadership? He led that team and willed them to victory.

See

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Welpee
Member: #6239

9/26/2017  4:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/26/2017  4:09 PM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:
Gudris wrote:Melo looks really unhappy and confused, start to feel sorry for him

He's no longer the top dog, can't demand the ball, can't ignore the coach, can't undermine the system, can't berate his teammates, can't get management fired and now lives in Oklahoma. Poor guy!

I'm glad we can move on from Melo too, but how much longer are the Melo haters going to keep this up? If you don't like his game, fine. But this exaggeration about all the "bad" he did while he was here is ridiculous and totally unfair.

I don’t think anyone can hate melo the person dude is a great guy off the court. But fans have every right to hate on melo the player, nobody wants him injured, or should feel sorry for him. I’m sure it burns him on the inside that he became the biggest star looser in the nba, he failed to elevate his teammates games with his play. He’ll never be a leader like Jordan,Kobe,O’Neal, lebron, magic, bird, Ewing.

Melo is a second or third tier star, an’t no shame he’s just not as good.

Hating on him because he's not among the greatest of all time or the greatest Knick of all-time? Maybe if we expected Melo to be Kobe that on us and not him? All of us can only be who we are. I agree, in hindsight Melo is no better than the #2 guy on a top flight team yet he was put in the position of being the top dog. Would Kevin McHale be who he is if he had to be the top dog in Boston instead of Bird?

Again, I'm happy Melo is gone and both parties can move on because it wasn't working here. But I think folks should really reexamine why they're exercising their "right" to hate on Melo and ask is it really fair.

how about simply hating on him for not playing defense, holding the ball and stinking in the playoffs. Are those fair reasons to be happy to move on from this superstar? I mean I cant remember a player whos had a such a blind group of devout followers who make excuses for every one of his shortcomings and failures. It gets old and Im happy to move on from it. Like we got a great 3/4 of a season from Amare we got a great season from Melo and it was fun. The rest of it was poor play on bad teams. Yea... most of Melo's teams here sucked. Thats not on him. In 7 years here he proved his reputation for apathetic defense, holding the ball and shooting his team out of the playoffs every year.

Its a big shrug.

That being said I am feeling better and better about the trade. I like the trio of Willy/KP/Kanter up front to grow and evaluate. Maybe one gets traded. Maybe Kanter or Willy become a great bench option. Kanter certainly was last year. McBuckets could also be a useful player. He's not a good defender but he tries. He reminds me of Allan Houston in that regard. He's got a sweet stroke, and we have an offensive coach. I think we did OK overall. Would have been nice to get a young defensive 3, like the Portland kid but we did OK. Now its up the FO and coaches to get these guys involved.

I do like our depth and I think that will challenge the team to be better. Fighting for minutes isnt a bad thing.

So I assume you hated on STAT too?

I'm also warming up to the trade the more I hear from and learn about Kanter. Look, I'm totally on board with supporting Melo being moved. I just don't get how he deserves so much hating. He didn't come here promising championships. If people expected him to be "Lebron-lite" that's our fault. Melo doesn't elevate teams but when he had a solid team around him he produced in both Denver and here. I'm not asking people to have a love-fest with Melo, just asking people to be fair.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/26/2017  4:20 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I'm really surprised you are here I figured you would be halfway to OKC by now

No dude, like I've posted for the past decade or so, I wasn't a fan of Melo before he got here. Won't be following him now that he's gone.

But thanks for your contribution to the thread! Very informative!

Yeah but Marbury was here and that's basically the same thing.

Yeah, exactly the same. Same as Eddy Curry was here, too.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/26/2017  4:43 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

See

You stupid or something

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime

9/26/2017  4:48 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

See

You stupid or something

Guilty, apparently.

fitzfarm

9/26/2017  5:12 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

See

You stupid or something

Guilty, apparently.

Hahaha I don’t know how that got messed up, ahhhh.....go Porzingis!

jrodmc
USA
9/26/2017  6:19 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

See

You stupid or something

Guilty, apparently.

Hahaha I don’t know how that got messed up, ahhhh.....go Porzingis!

I hate Melo. Wait, no I don't. Wait! Yes I do! WTF?
Go Plumlee!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/26/2017  6:40 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:
Gudris wrote:Melo looks really unhappy and confused, start to feel sorry for him

He's no longer the top dog, can't demand the ball, can't ignore the coach, can't undermine the system, can't berate his teammates, can't get management fired and now lives in Oklahoma. Poor guy!

I'm glad we can move on from Melo too, but how much longer are the Melo haters going to keep this up? If you don't like his game, fine. But this exaggeration about all the "bad" he did while he was here is ridiculous and totally unfair.

I don’t think anyone can hate melo the person dude is a great guy off the court. But fans have every right to hate on melo the player, nobody wants him injured, or should feel sorry for him. I’m sure it burns him on the inside that he became the biggest star looser in the nba, he failed to elevate his teammates games with his play. He’ll never be a leader like Jordan,Kobe,O’Neal, lebron, magic, bird, Ewing.

Hating on him because he's not among the greatest of all time or the greatest Knick of all-time? Maybe if we expected Melo to be Kobe that on us and not him? All of us can only be who we are. I agree, in hindsight Melo is no better than the #2 guy on a top flight team yet he was put in the position of being the top dog. Would Kevin McHale be who he is if he had to be the top dog in Boston instead of Bird?

Again, I'm happy Melo is gone and both parties can move on because it wasn't working here. But I think folks should really reexamine why they're exercising their "right" to hate on Melo and ask is it really fair.

how about simply hating on him for not playing defense, holding the ball and stinking in the playoffs. Are those fair reasons to be happy to move on from this superstar? I mean I cant remember a player whos had a such a blind group of devout followers who make excuses for every one of his shortcomings and failures. It gets old and Im happy to move on from it. Like we got a great 3/4 of a season from Amare we got a great season from Melo and it was fun. The rest of it was poor play on bad teams. Yea... most of Melo's teams here sucked. Thats not on him. In 7 years here he proved his reputation for apathetic defense, holding the ball and shooting his team out of the playoffs every year.

Its a big shrug.

That being said I am feeling better and better about the trade. I like the trio of Willy/KP/Kanter up front to grow and evaluate. Maybe one gets traded. Maybe Kanter or Willy become a great bench option. Kanter certainly was last year. McBuckets could also be a useful player. He's not a good defender but he tries. He reminds me of Allan Houston in that regard. He's got a sweet stroke, and we have an offensive coach. I think we did OK overall. Would have been nice to get a young defensive 3, like the Portland kid but we did OK. Now its up the FO and coaches to get these guys involved.

I do like our depth and I think that will challenge the team to be better. Fighting for minutes isnt a bad thing.

I'm also warming up to the trade the more I hear from and learn about Kanter. Look, I'm totally on board with supporting Melo being moved. I just don't get how he deserves so much hating. He didn't come here promising championships. If people expected him to be "Lebron-lite" that's our fault. Melo doesn't elevate teams but when he had a solid team around him he produced in both Denver and here. I'm not asking people to have a love-fest with Melo, just asking people to be fair.

Amare... a GREAT 3/4 of a season. He was so good. Shockingly the Knicks gave a guy with bad knees a huge contract. Guess what? He had bad knees. Terrible move.

Hate on STAT? Am I hating on Melo? I have never done anything but call Melo for what I see. That included showing him with praise during that 54 win season. Guys like DK and TFK would go nuts on me because I went from calling out for quoting on MDA to saying he was playing like one of the best in the NBA. He was. Knicks were the #2 seed in the conference. Melo was amazing that year. Not so much other years. Thats hate? Boy that sure feels like me calling it like I see it. Im a Knick fan. I like it when the team wins. When they do I harp on the guys playing well. When they stink I harp on guys who stink. Maybe Im not harping enough on Bargs and thats ruining my JRod rating and has the Hofstra police on my case. Ill work hard to point out how bad Bargs was for us

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
USA
9/27/2017  8:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:

Its a big shrug.

Amare... a GREAT 3/4 of a season. He was so good. Shockingly the Knicks gave a guy with bad knees a huge contract. Guess what? He had bad knees. Terrible move.

Hate on STAT? Am I hating on Melo? I have never done anything but call Melo for what I see. That included showing him with praise during that 54 win season. Guys like DK and TFK would go nuts on me because I went from calling out for quoting on MDA to saying he was playing like one of the best in the NBA. He was. Knicks were the #2 seed in the conference. Melo was amazing that year. Not so much other years. Thats hate? Boy that sure feels like me calling it like I see it. Im a Knick fan. I like it when the team wins. When they do I harp on the guys playing well. When they stink I harp on guys who stink. Maybe Im not harping enough on Bargs and thats ruining my JRod rating and has the Hofstra police on my case. Ill work hard to point out how bad Bargs was for us

It's funny, because in my addled recollection of this site, you were always one of the more level headed when it came to dealing with the deranged MeloHate posters (Marbury was better! Remember the Mardy! I'd rather have Gallo back! Trade Melo straight up for Eddy Curry! I WANT MY JEREMY BACK!!!) Even when Melo was declining as we drifted into the Phil regime and we became the Westchester Knicks...

As far as I can see, it's only been the past season or so that your tone has changed. And it almost directly co-incided with the "disappearance" of the aforementioned tkf, dk7twtf, and people like the more rabid Darkside of ChuckBuck and Splat. Actually, I remember +1-ing so many of your posts back then that I started to feel very uncomfortably like a groupie. I once went so cough cough rhymes with Romo that I actually asked martin what the hell happened to you because I didn't notice you posting at all. Maybe you just felt the need to fill the void. I think there's meds for that, but the side effects probably aren't worth it. You might have ended up out-John Sterling me on this site. Well, probably not.

I guess if I actually cared enough and had any ambition at all, I could search back and find all those not quite Homer, but absolutely pro-Melo posts that weren't all about the 54 win season.

Wow, I have my own rating system? Who knew! (Or cares?)

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/27/2017  8:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2017  8:51 AM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:

Its a big shrug.

It's funny, because in my addled recollection of this site, you were always one of the more level headed when it came to dealing with the deranged MeloHate posters (Marbury was better! Remember the Mardy! I'd rather have Gallo back! Trade Melo straight up for Eddy Curry! I WANT MY JEREMY BACK!!!) Even when Melo was declining as we drifted into the Phil regime and we became the Westchester Knicks...

As far as I can see, it's only been the past season or so that your tone has changed. And it almost directly co-incided with the "disappearance" of the aforementioned tkf, dk7twtf, and people like the more rabid Darkside of ChuckBuck and Splat. Actually, I remember +1-ing so many of your posts back then that I started to feel very uncomfortably like a groupie. I once went so cough cough rhymes with Romo that I actually asked martin what the hell happened to you because I didn't notice you posting at all. Maybe you just felt the need to fill the void. I think there's meds for that, but the side effects probably aren't worth it. You might have ended up out-John Sterling me on this site. Well, probably not.

I guess if I actually cared enough and had any ambition at all, I could search back and find all those not quite Homer, but absolutely pro-Melo posts that weren't all about the 54 win season.

Fishmike is actually one of the more objective posters on here.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2017  8:53 AM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:

Its a big shrug.

and what has happened in that year? Did Melo's scoring eff% drop? Did all his defensive metrics go from average to abysmal? See that correlation? The +1 posts of mine you liked were when Melo was KILLING it and dopes like dk and tfk were so sour they missed the fact that the team was good and Melo was playing great. Its that simple man. Its not been a good couple years and Melo's play has declined. Again... Im not into blame. Others are. Knicks were never going to get BETTER players than Melo while he was here, and thats what they need. Its just time to move on.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/27/2017  11:17 AM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Welpee wrote:
reub wrote:

Its a big shrug.

and what has happened in that year? Did Melo's scoring eff% drop? Did all his defensive metrics go from average to abysmal? See that correlation?

Exactly. What's more suprising is people's who don't adjust their views even after Melo declines so much on both ends.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/27/2017  11:48 AM
Eny, I was wrong, apparently there is a trade exception:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy