[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  8:50 PM
Kanter has lost 40 freakin pounds this offseason and looks ripped. He's already put up incredible offensive and rebounding stats for three years and this loss of weight and conditioning should mean a lot for his defense.
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/23/2017  9:00 PM
reub wrote:Kanter has lost 40 freakin pounds this offseason and looks ripped. He's already put up incredible offensive and rebounding stats for three years and this loss of weight and conditioning should mean a lot for his defense.

Agreed 25 is the start to bigs prime i fully expect his defense to improve

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  9:14 PM
masud wrote:Getting rid of Melo was paramount and nearly impossible without taking on long term money and we were able to do that. Couldn't be happier. Let's give our young guys the ball, try to a establish a culture and hopefully get another lottery pick next summer.
It is a bit funny that there has been so much complaining about Melo's defense over the years, management pushing defense and they get back two horrible defenders in the Melo trade. Also, Melo is a better defender at the 4 where he will play in OKC. He had his best year playing the 4 next to Tyson and will be in a similar position playing next to Adams. Melo is older but he has never had teammates that could start on most other nba teams let alone win the mvp or make all nba teams. He should enjoy his time there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/23/2017  9:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  9:38 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I sure liked talking about trading Melo a lot more than actually getting this for Melo. Honestly, I don't know much about McDermott and wish I knew less about Kanter and his defensive frailties. I am open to folks educating me in this trade, but I haven't had a single move this season where I thought to myself, "well that sounds good". Maybe our G league signings.

I guess it's a new day...

This wasn't a trade for the return, this was a divorce proceeding.

The other option was to keep Melo, a situation in which nothing positive has happened in 4 seasons.

This wasn't a divorce proceeding this was a normal guy with a list of accomplishments and solid potential running away from the famous crazy psycho girlfriend who was a lifetime failure and pathological liar.

As good as Melo was or wasn't, I think you can strike the word "potential" from his description at this stage.

While Melo did deal with the NY pressure probably better than anyone, can we please just agreebtobthe fact that he brought alot of his problems on himself? Do you seriously think his releasing constant workout videos, unleashing "hoodie Melo", literally thinking he could back the Knicks into a corner with the clever use of his NTC helped this situation?

Melo dealt with the drama, including what he brought on himself, very well, but your classifying him as "the normal guy" is misrepresenting the situation.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/23/2017  9:37 PM
Classic Knicks MO.
Buy high, sell low.
joec32033
USA
9/23/2017  9:40 PM
Panos wrote:Classic Knicks MO.
Buy high, sell low.

Did you at any point this season invision Carmelo's stock goong up?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  9:44 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
reub wrote:Kanter has lost 40 freakin pounds this offseason and looks ripped. He's already put up incredible offensive and rebounding stats for three years and this loss of weight and conditioning should mean a lot for his defense.

Agreed 25 is the start to bigs prime i fully expect his defense to improve

This is also going to be a different situation for Kanter in that we don't have the Big Time Ball Dominant players like he's been playing with. The same goes for McDermott. This is more likely to be a much more open ball and player movement system. Guys that can score without always having to have the ball will have more of a chance with this Knicks Teams. Not that you'll never see a Post up or Iso, but the percentage of ball stopping plays should be much lower.

If I were Jeff i'd put in a Zone Defense with this team. It's not a perfect solution but when you have as many poor Man Defenders as the Knicks do it's probably the smartest approach. IMO one key is that even with the Zone you still need guys to hustle and close out to the perimeter.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/23/2017  9:47 PM
Buy high, sell low.

It's called cutting your losses and moving on. Three years too late in my opinion but still better than being five years too late. I am glad the poisonous prick is gone. The mistake wasn't in buying high the core issue was the quality of the product. Don't overpay for damaged goods because it's going to catch up with ya.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
9/23/2017  9:50 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Buy high, sell low.

It might have at the trade deadline but he also might have gotten hurt.
joec32033
USA
9/23/2017  10:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Buy high, sell low.

My point. It was a 50 50 shot and Carmelo is showing a trend of getting hurt the past few seasons.
Could it have gone up? Sure maybe, but trend being the Knicks want to play fast and young, want to focus on the younger players, and Melo's possible physical liabilities make it very difficult to actually see it happening.

Welpee
Member: #6239

9/23/2017  10:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Buy high, sell low.

Exactly. I doubt in this situation a mid season Melo trade yields more than we got today, especially given Melo's NTC. I continue to view this trade versus the buy out Phil tried to execute.
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
9/23/2017  10:08 PM
TPercy wrote:Our defense just got worse for sure.

If you replaced Melo's defense with a coffee machine the defense wouldn't get any worse.

So how did the D get worse exactly?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/23/2017  10:10 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think this means we view Porzingis as a 4.

Kanter is a really good low post player
With KP, Willy, Kanter we are set at the big department for the next 5-7 years.
If Hardaway/Frank show to me a good backcourt the only thing we really need is a young athletic scoring 3.

god i hope we get some luck and end up with Porter or Donic

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

9/23/2017  10:13 PM
Thank you! Carmelo Anthony

I will be fan of yours, the attempt to compete and
Play in NY knickland worst NBA market,

You refused respectively to play along side your friend LBJ
Which many knick fans missed the point, you rather try to beat the
Best and stuck it out in NY

You gave it your best shot future hall of famer
Always a knick with NY heart despite it all and mismanagement of
Madison square garden bosses.

That is Gospel

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/23/2017  10:19 PM

Defense isn't about physique alone; it's about instinct. And Kanter has ****ty defensive instincts. No amount of weight loss or training will change that. Besides, we should be focusing on developing our homegrown talent and Willy fits that criteria. My ideal is to move Kanter to another team.

Would Sacramento have interest for him in exchange for Kostas Koufus and Garrett Temple?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/23/2017  10:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  10:25 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:Thank you! Carmelo Anthony

I will be fan of yours, the attempt to compete and
Play in NY knickland worst NBA market,

You refused respectively to play along side your friend LBJ
Which many knick fans missed the point, you rather try to beat the
Best and stuck it out in NY

You gave it your best shot future hall of famer
Always a knick with NY heart despite it all and mismanagement of
Madison square garden bosses.

That is Gospel

Amen!!!
The king is dead... God bless the new king... whoever it will be!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
9/23/2017  10:31 PM
Happy we didn't get Ryan Anderson or more long term contracts. McDermott is trash. 2nd rnd pick is low value and Kanter is redundant. We should move O'Quinn, and him or Willie.
CrushAlot
USA
9/23/2017  11:09 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Happy we didn't get Ryan Anderson or more long term contracts. McDermott is trash. 2nd rnd pick is low value and Kanter is redundant. We should move O'Quinn, and him or Willie.

Agree. The deal Melo was given was 'ridiculous'. I think the new management team did well under the circumstances The Knicks need to move a center or two and still ave another ridiculous deal that will andicap the franchise for a few more years.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

9/23/2017  11:26 PM
Anyone else still in the " This has been long coming, but holy **** he is actually gone" phase?
The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2017  11:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
masud wrote:Getting rid of Melo was paramount and nearly impossible without taking on long term money and we were able to do that. Couldn't be happier. Let's give our young guys the ball, try to a establish a culture and hopefully get another lottery pick next summer.

It is a bit funny that there has been so much complaining about Melo's defense over the years, management pushing defense and they get back two horrible defenders in the Melo trade. Also, Melo is a better defender at the 4 where he will play in OKC. He had his best year playing the 4 next to Tyson and will be in a similar position playing next to Adams. Melo is older but he has never had teammates that could start on most other nba teams let alone win the mvp or make all nba teams. He should enjoy his time there.

That's all BS man. Your whole post. I don't have time to deal with each sentence but will start with this:

Melo is not better at a different position when it comes to defense. At the 3 he couldn't keep up with guys on the perimeter, at the 4 he will get beat up and is not a rim or weak side protector.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy