[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/23/2017  6:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  6:32 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I sure liked talking about trading Melo a lot more than actually getting this for Melo. Honestly, I don't know much about McDermott and wish I knew less about Kanter and his defensive frailties. I am open to folks educating me in this trade, but I haven't had a single move this season where I thought to myself, "well that sounds good". Maybe our G league signings.

I guess it's a new day...

This wasn't a trade for the return, this was a divorce proceeding.

The other option was to keep Melo, a situation in which nothing positive has happened in 4 seasons.

This wasn't a divorce proceeding this was a normal guy with a list of accomplishments and solid potential running away from the famous crazy psycho girlfriend who was a lifetime failure and pathological liar.

As good as Melo was or wasn't, I think you can strike the word "potential" from his description at this stage.

Potential to win a chip. Knicks=Zero OKC=Not Zero

Is what it is. Happy for Melo. As for my Knicks. Back to the drawing board.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/23/2017  6:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I sure liked talking about trading Melo a lot more than actually getting this for Melo. Honestly, I don't know much about McDermott and wish I knew less about Kanter and his defensive frailties. I am open to folks educating me in this trade, but I haven't had a single move this season where I thought to myself, "well that sounds good". Maybe our G league signings.

The other option was to keep Melo, a situation in which nothing positive has happened in 4 seasons.

This wasn't a divorce proceeding this was a normal guy with a list of accomplishments and solid potential running away from the famous crazy psycho girlfriend who was a lifetime failure and pathological liar.

As good as Melo was or wasn't, I think you can strike the word "potential" from his description at this stage.

Wasn't that the point? The Knicks are trying to build and develop a team. The Knicks are clearly about the future and if as a fan you're not willing to enjoy the climb I don't know what to tell you.
Cuz this is a project. That was always going to be the case.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/23/2017  6:40 PM
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/23/2017  6:42 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Potential to win a chip.

Correct. Nothing has changed in the last 24 hours and melo wasn't going to change that by his presence or any return he could generate.

Now if his abscence leads to a better Knicks lottery pick, that may be the upside to the trade that will payoff later.

TPercy
Member: #5748

9/23/2017  6:43 PM
Our defense just got worse for sure.
The Future is Bright!
HofstraBBall

9/23/2017  6:48 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Wasn't that the point? The Knicks are trying to build and develop a team. The Knicks are clearly about the future and if as a fan you're not willing to enjoy the climb I don't know what to tell you.

Been a long time Knick fan. Point is, have see many many so called "Futures". Decades of them. Not great to say we are back in 2001. But yes, for the tenth time, no other option.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

9/23/2017  6:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  6:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Dear Kai.

I am so happy that your nemesis has finally been traded from the Knicks. I know the road has been long and tough since your girlfriend Miss Lin was traded. Btw, how is it a girl played in the NBA? Anyway, perhaps you can get back to a normal life. Although I am a bit worried as I see you just signed up to the OKC fan forum as well. But please, move on and come out of my basement. It is really worrying me that you have done nothing but stay on the internet 24/7 with this. BTW, speaking of internet, what is fatguyswackoff.com? Have seen hudreds of dollars charged on my credit card from this site.

Yours Truly
Grandma

HofstraBBall

9/23/2017  6:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Potential to win a chip.

Correct. Nothing has changed in the last 24 hours and melo wasn't going to change that by his presence or any return he could generate.

Now if his abscence leads to a better Knicks lottery pick, that may be the upside to the trade that will payoff later.

Lets hope your right. Heard this all before. Will be fun to see if KP can take the reins.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  7:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Still haven't answered so I will ask again. Is this your thread?
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=41661&page=1
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

9/23/2017  7:25 PM
Who is more likely to add a new dimension to their game - a 24/25yr old or a 33/34yr old? You coach defense and bring hustle - I see no reason Kanter can't expand his game. If he does, with his offensive efficiency, he's a star, and people will be looking at this trade much differently.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/23/2017  7:28 PM
We had to move on - I like what we got
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/23/2017  7:32 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:Who is more likely to add a new dimension to their game - a 24/25yr old or a 33/34yr old? You coach defense and bring hustle - I see no reason Kanter can't expand his game. If he does, with his offensive efficiency, he's a star, and people will be looking at this trade much differently.

100 percent agree, if kanter improves his defense we will be talking about how we unloaded team chemistry killer for a rising star. Also McDermott has potential to be more then just a shooter, he has improved every year. The guy knows how to put the ball in the basket

I think the knicks have o’quinn,Noah,Lee,lance all on the trading block but time will tell

PhilinLA
Member: #696
9/23/2017  7:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  7:34 PM
We had to move him. If we wanted to get more, Phil shouldn't have give him the NTC. Now it's KP's team and let's build it correctly. Ironically, the parts that would have made him a winner here, went to secure him in a trade.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/23/2017  7:46 PM
When we made the Bargnani trade I visited the Raptors message board to gauge their reaction and the consensus was they were glad to see him gone, thought we were suckers for acquiring him and were pleasantly shocked and thrilled that they got a 1st round pick for him.

Reading one of the OKC boards about this trade was different. They aren't happy about seeing Kanter go, some say they'll miss him, and some commented on wanting him to opt out of his deal and return to OKC down the road. That's kinda encouraging.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/23/2017  8:05 PM
Welpee wrote:When we made the Bargnani trade I visited the Raptors message board to gauge their reaction and the consensus was they were glad to see him gone, thought we were suckers for acquiring him and were pleasantly shocked and thrilled that they got a 1st round pick for him.

Reading one of the OKC boards about this trade was different. They aren't happy about seeing Kanter go, some say they'll miss him, and some commented on wanting him to opt out of his deal and return to OKC down the road. That's kinda encouraging.

I did the same thing for McDermott on the Bulls boards. Consensus: Nice guy, decent shooter, but sucks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/23/2017  8:29 PM
Think this means we view Porzingis as a 4.

Kanter is a really good low post player
With KP, Willy, Kanter we are set at the big department for the next 5-7 years.
If Hardaway/Frank show to me a good backcourt the only thing we really need is a young athletic scoring 3.

reub
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  8:29 PM
THJr will probably start at SF but I can see Beasley givng us Melo's production, although (thankfully) for less minutes.
reub
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  8:32 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think this means we view Porzingis as a 4.

Kanter is a really good low post player
With KP, Willy, Kanter we are set at the big department for the next 5-7 years.
If Hardaway/Frank show to me a good backcourt the only thing we really need is a young athletic scoring 3.

I would actually prefer a young, athletic defensive 3....but I won't turn down Doncic.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/23/2017  8:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2017  8:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

that's what you said 2 yrs ago after the 17 win season..were done

thats the knicks record over the next 4 yrs as long as mills is here

i hope frank and THJ turnout out to be hell of players

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2017  8:47 PM
Welpee wrote:When we made the Bargnani trade I visited the Raptors message board to gauge their reaction and the consensus was they were glad to see him gone, thought we were suckers for acquiring him and were pleasantly shocked and thrilled that they got a 1st round pick for him.

Awesome. I think Kanter is the starter to begin the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Melo traded to OKC (Kanter, Doug McDermott, CHI 2018 second-round draft pick)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy