[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Sign Free Agent Jamison Brewer
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
8/28/2004  2:13 AM
Looks like this is a guaranteed contract. So much for Barrett making the team. The bright side for him is that he'll learn a lot about team basketball and do a lot of nice traveling across Europe, assuming he doesn't opt for the NBDL. That's a nice paid vacation, to see the world, catch some culture, and play a game.

I wonder if there are any plans to move Moochie. This might also be part of an insurance policy on Houston.

Lastly... it'd be a major coupe to get Keon Clark for that cheap--- he's a guy that many people were saying was as good as Camby/Ratliff a year or two ago.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/28/2004  10:59 AM
Posted by technomaster:

Looks like this is a guaranteed contract. So much for Barrett making the team. The bright side for him is that he'll learn a lot about team basketball and do a lot of nice traveling across Europe, assuming he doesn't opt for the NBDL. That's a nice paid vacation, to see the world, catch some culture, and play a game.

I wonder if there are any plans to move Moochie. This might also be part of an insurance policy on Houston.

Lastly... it'd be a major coupe to get Keon Clark for that cheap--- he's a guy that many people were saying was as good as Camby/Ratliff a year or two ago.

I think Keon Clark will be a good add. I know fish doesn't like him, but if he can get into a positive environment like the Knicks clearly have right now, it may work wonders.

Also, the fact that Ron Artest thinks Brewer is the Pacers best point is interesting. Maybe he's the Pacer's version of Frank? Who knows. I trust Isiah's eye for talent. At the very least, hopefully he's a defensive point who can play alongside Jamal or Marbs and play some D. This is one of those moves that if it works, its brilliant and if it doesn't no one cares...
¿ △ ?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
8/28/2004  11:10 AM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

i Dont nknow what you guys think but this move just wasted more of the knick's money. This guard.....how can i put this.....SUX!

Have you ever seen this guy play? Somehow i trust IT's opinion over yours.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/28/2004  11:37 AM
Posted by BigRedDog:
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

i Dont nknow what you guys think but this move just wasted more of the knick's money. This guard.....how can i put this.....SUX!

Have you ever seen this guy play? Somehow i trust IT's opinion over yours.
Exactly; obviously after coaching Brewer, Isiah thought he was a worthwhile risk for a one year league min contract
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/28/2004  11:59 AM
Ive seen him play in college more than the pros. I,ve seen him enough to know he's a great athlete with nice size, but not neccessarily a PG, he could be last in the nBA in terms of jumpshooting ability from Gs and that is no exagerration. He's not really a PG per-se but can play the position. The upside is clear cut athletiscm and the ability to defend the other PG and rebound for a guard. I think a good comparison is a more athletic Kevin Ollie with less basketball skill. Hes still young and pGs are hard to come by so givng him a 1 year shot is reasonable. I doubt the contract has full guarantee on it.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
8/28/2004  5:18 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Ive seen him play in college more than the pros. I,ve seen him enough to know he's a great athlete with nice size, but not neccessarily a PG, he could be last in the nBA in terms of jumpshooting ability from Gs and that is no exagerration. He's not really a PG per-se but can play the position. The upside is clear cut athletiscm and the ability to defend the other PG and rebound for a guard. I think a good comparison is a more athletic Kevin Ollie with less basketball skill. Hes still young and pGs are hard to come by so givng him a 1 year shot is reasonable. I doubt the contract has full guarantee on it.

If nothing else, it's an expiring deal for the trade deadline
¿ △ ?
nykfan4life
Member: #742
USA
8/28/2004  5:50 PM
Keeping FW would have been better than signing Brewer.

The whole Dampier mess was a big disappointment, He should've never said he wanted to play in NY and it was the only place he would sign for the MLE.

That was a buncha, that was a load of bull!.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
8/28/2004  5:59 PM
I think Isiah is working on trying to get R Artest. If he signs K Clark, then maybe N Muhammed becomes redundant. K Thomas, N Muhammed, and M Norris for R Artest, S Pollard, and F Jones.

C Baker/ Clark/ Pollard
PF T Thomas/ Sweetney/ Ariza
SF Artest/ J Williams/ Anderson
SG Houston/ Hardaway/ Jones
PG Marbury/ Crawford/ Brewer

Too many players but what can you do. And still small up front, but you live with it. And T Thomas at PF is not ideal, but R Artest at SF would be sweet.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Bonn1997
USA
8/28/2004  7:12 PM
Posted by nykfan4life:

Keeping FW would have been better than signing Brewer.
No one would disagree with that. But I'd take Crawford and Brewer over Frank any day
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/28/2004  7:36 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

I think Isiah is working on trying to get R Artest. If he signs K Clark, then maybe N Muhammed becomes redundant. K Thomas, N Muhammed, and M Norris for R Artest, S Pollard, and F Jones.

C Baker/ Clark/ Pollard

Too many players but what can you do. And still small up front, but you live with it. And T Thomas at PF is not ideal, but R Artest at SF would be sweet.

Clean up your potty mouth!!!!!

Why are you trying to start trouble?!?!?!?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/28/2004  7:54 PM
artest must know something about eric benet we don't know. (i mean brewer) i also feel how about 75-80% of us feel about zeke. i trust his judgement. if i recall correctly, everybody was like "trevor who"?
toodarkmark
USA
8/28/2004  9:10 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by toodarkmark:

C Baker/ Clark/ Pollard

Clean up your potty mouth!!!!!

Why are you trying to start trouble?!?!?!?

Im trying to figure out if redundant, sweet or R Artest is the bad word. I for one am a fan of mentally ill players and I'd go wilding in Brooklyn with Artest anyday.
Bonn1997
USA
8/28/2004  9:18 PM
It's ludicrous to think the Knicks could get Ron Artest right now
crzymdups
USA
8/28/2004  10:24 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree. Maybe and a big maybe for Tim Thomas and Nazr in a deal for Artest and Austin Croshere and whatever other crap we need to take from Indy.

But this would involve Bird and Zeke SPEAKING to each other. Which will probably never happen.
¿ △ ?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/28/2004  10:52 PM
Isn't Donnie Walsh still the GM of the Pacers?? I thought Bird was only the President.

I think the Pacers would deal Artest if they struggled early. If they could get rid of Croshere's contract they might do it. I've always loved Artest and would love to have him.
#Knickstaps
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/29/2004  12:21 AM
I don't know, it would be nice to have Artest in our team. His presence alone would have brought back the attitude that N.Y is knowned for. Combine with JYD and Keon Klark, we would be the Knicks of old. Defensively we would be the ****.
The true Knickabocker..........
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/29/2004  9:39 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/174116-9948-036.html

Brewer lands 2nd chance

By Mark Montieth
mark.montieth@indystar.com
August 29, 2004

The logical assumption was that Jamison Brewer had killed off his NBA career in a singular moment of self-delusion when he turned down an $840,000 contract from the Indiana Pacers earlier this summer.

Who else would make such a commitment to a point guard who had averaged 1.6 points over 36 games throughout a three-year career, and then flopped in summer league play?

Isiah Thomas, it turns out.

Thomas, the New York Knicks president who coached Brewer for two seasons with the Pacers, signed him to a one-year deal Friday that allows the hyperactive, charismatic and tenaciously optimistic point guard to play another season.

"When you're a person who comes from nothing, you learn not to worry," Brewer said via cell phone early Saturday. "I never really worry about too much. I just live for the next day."

Brewer declined to reveal the terms of the contract, but the minimum salary for a player with his experience is $720,000.

Brewer's journey appeared headed for a detour from the NBA after he failed to impress with the Pacers' summer league team in Salt Lake City in July. He averaged 3.2 points, hitting 21.5 percent from the field and 2-of-10 foul shots, and never found a quarterbacking rhythm with a group of inexperienced, unfamiliar teammates.

The Pacers responded by rescinding their offer and signing Eddie Gill as the third point guard on July 28. But Brewer, who was born to a drug-addicted mother and grew up in poverty, remained upbeat.

"Other people were wondering what I was going to do, but all that stuff motivates me," he said. "After summer league, I spent every day in the damn gym. I had to crank it back up."

He found a lifeline in Thomas, who, like current Pacers coach Rick Carlisle, admired his reckless hustle and spirit.

"He was the reason I came back for the third year," Brewer said of Thomas, who was fired after Brewer signed a one-year deal with the Pacers last summer. "He always saw something in me that others didn't see. To have one of the great point guards to ever play the game see something in you is an honor."

Brewer's lack of response to the Pacers' offer was an attempt to keep his options open rather than a refusal to play for them. He has maintained communication with Carlisle, speaking to him as recently as last week, and said he leaves the franchise that drafted him with the 41st pick in 2001 with no hard feelings.
toodarkmark
USA
8/30/2004  12:20 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

With his melt-downs and mental problems I don't see it as a stretch of the imagination. Other teams are going to be weary to trade someone of significance for him, it may be a huge risk for such a long term contract for someone possibly insane. Therefore I think there is a possibility.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/30/2004  3:35 AM
if the pacers trade artest, they'll do their best to send him in a western team. IMO, we're the last team they'd agree to send him to.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/30/2004  9:27 AM
Posted by raven:

if the pacers trade artest, they'll do their best to send him in a western team. IMO, we're the last team they'd agree to send him to.

I thought I heard somewhere after Peja demanded the trade, that Indy was offering Artest + Fillers for Peja.
Knicks Sign Free Agent Jamison Brewer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy