[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Uh Oh: Starbury Plans NBA Come Back!
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/12/2017  6:52 PM
http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/stephon-marbury-is-launching-unthinkable-nba-comeback/
Stephon Marbury is launching unthinkable NBA comeback
Did Stephon Marbury find a fountain of youth in China?

The 40-year-old guard is planning a comeback to the NBA, he announced Tuesday on Twitter, nearly eight and a half years after playing his last game stateside.

“It’s time to combine. My next move is the best move. Working on the come back to the #nba,” he tweeted.

Since 2010, Marbury has been starring in the Chinese Basketball Association, helping the Beijing Ducks win three championships. In February, the Brooklyn native announced he would retire at the end of the 2017-18 season.

Marbury, who spent two seasons with the Nets and five with the Knicks, played 13 years in the NBA –averaging 19.3 points, 7.6 assists and 1.2 steals per game — before being reduced to a bench player, then heading to China.

In his most recent season in the CBA, Marbury averaged 21.4 points, 5.5 assists and 4.0 rebounds. The Ducks and Marbury agreed to terminate their pact in April after a dispute over his salary and role. He was set to play the upcoming season with the Beijing Fly Dragons.

Marbury was recently back in New York to give advice to incoming college students at NYU and to promote his Starbury Inc. brand. During an open Q&A, he had an emotional encounter with a student who thanked Marbury for everything he’s done in China. Beijing has returned the love with two statues, a museum and a green card for Marbury.

Well, the Knicks could use a point guard. But after feuds with Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas and Mike D’Antoni — the final ending with Marbury refusing to enter a game — he likely will be looking for a job elsewhere, and likely will have trouble finding one.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/12/2017  9:12 PM
Greg Joyce is the new Marc Berman.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/12/2017  11:51 PM
Good for Marbury. Someone would have to give him a camp invite. Brooklyn Nets perhaps
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
KEEPCAMBYNY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #86
USA
9/13/2017  12:39 AM
We should give him a shot. Not like we should be trying to win anything this year anyway.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/13/2017  10:11 AM
The man can play basketball but is brain dead. A 40 year old needs to bring wisdom and leadership to kids old enough to be his children.
Starbury is not a bad person, but he should be on a team like the Rockets as a back up to CP3. HE don't need to be a knick. Since Nets are rebuilding, why bring him in? you want thim to mentor Russell?
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
9/13/2017  10:20 AM
Nalod is 100% right. He should be mentoring absolutely nobody. He should be coming off the bench of a team looking to compete for the championship as a 10-12 minute spark plug scoring option. There is no way he'll be able to play defense, especially considering he couldn't play even during his prime so he will not be able to play a lot.

I hope he does find a team to play on though. He used to be really troubled and may still be but he was never a bad guy.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
9/13/2017  10:36 AM
He's going to be a bench mentor when he's got statues? Official keys to the Great Wall? Has lunch with the Premier every week?

What's he going to mentor yoots in, exactly?
How to run the triangle?
The best marketing ploys for starting your own shoe company?
How to get double doubles against those fierce Chinese league defenses?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/13/2017  1:54 PM
jrodmc wrote:He's going to be a bench mentor when he's got statues? Official keys to the Great Wall? Has lunch with the Premier every week?

How to run the triangle?

how to get in the truck

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree

9/13/2017  5:57 PM
The man lost several important people in his life. People react to things differently. We witnessed Marbury go through an epic brake down. He's gotten control of himself and became a better man because of it. Who is anyone to judge? He's a demi God in China. He's taken every American player in that league under his wing. He's stint in N.Y. is just a blip on the radar.

Now dores it make sense to bring Marbury into training camp? Maybe. He can be a positive influence. I could see him in practice being so happy for the opportunity. I think the dude is serious about making a roster though. I don't see anything negative. He's got a son that idolizes him. His son wants him to try. I love we everything about Marbury story. I wish the man well

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
JesseDark
Member: #467
9/13/2017  6:16 PM
This would be a nice crowning jewel to his career, but does need to be on a veteran team. Doesn't he have to server a suspension from his smoking weed videos?
Bring back dee-fense
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
9/13/2017  6:39 PM
I agree- overvillanized. Has done a lot more for other people than most in his position.

EnySpree wrote:The man lost several important people in his life. People react to things differently. We witnessed Marbury go through an epic brake down. He's gotten control of himself and became a better man because of it. Who is anyone to judge? He's a demi God in China. He's taken every American player in that league under his wing. He's stint in N.Y. is just a blip on the radar.

Now dores it make sense to bring Marbury into training camp? Maybe. He can be a positive influence. I could see him in practice being so happy for the opportunity. I think the dude is serious about making a roster though. I don't see anything negative. He's got a son that idolizes him. His son wants him to try. I love we everything about Marbury story. I wish the man well

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/13/2017  7:02 PM
EnySpree wrote:The man lost several important people in his life. People react to things differently. We witnessed Marbury go through an epic brake down. He's gotten control of himself and became a better man because of it. Who is anyone to judge? He's a demi God in China. He's taken every American player in that league under his wing. He's stint in N.Y. is just a blip on the radar.

+1

ES
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
9/13/2017  10:50 PM

I kind of hope he gives a big F you to the haters and signs with GS State to win a chsmpionship and then retire on that note.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/14/2017  12:13 AM
May be he should change gender and go play for his idol Isiah?
The diversity is the big thing our days.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

9/14/2017  11:57 AM
Saw him play this year. He is not getting anywhere near an NBA team. He was a baller though.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
9/14/2017  1:07 PM
A villain? No.
Brain dead moron. yes.
EnySpree

9/14/2017  7:47 PM
Nalod wrote:A villain? No.
Brain dead moron. yes.

Why is he a brain dead moron?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/15/2017  10:05 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Brain dead moron. yes.

No...
He belongs to Hole of Fame

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/15/2017  1:15 PM
jrodmc wrote:He's going to be a bench mentor when he's got statues? Official keys to the Great Wall? Has lunch with the Premier every week?

How to run the triangle?

How to cure sore throat with a gob of Vaseline...natch!

Nalod
USA
9/15/2017  1:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Brain dead moron. yes.

Subjective. again, not a villain, just too much Vaseline, weed, "I can see the spit in your mouth", "Youthier", failed sneaker company, Ego drive first priority, the anucha deposition, My money, wanted his own team in Minny, "all alone" in NJ, and that's off the top of my head.

Uh Oh: Starbury Plans NBA Come Back!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy