[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marvel's Next Team up: Melo, Harden and CP3
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/11/2017  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/11/2017  4:55 PM
The thread title was supposed to be MARVEL.

Gotta be eating Melo up to be so close yet so far from a Dream Team Up.

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/11/2017  9:41 PM
I wonder if the Nets would be willing to take Ryan Andersen and a HOU future first rounder for DeMarre Carroll? If so, I'd bite the bullet and agree to the deal as a mere contract dump with some second round picks coming our way.

It's time time to move on and the NTC means we won't recoup much, if any value so let's be done with it. That cap inflexibility might prove to be invaluable with it so scarce around the league and be a round-about way to get eomething of value back for Melo, if we're smart....which we've rarely ever been....

nixluva
USA
9/11/2017  10:10 PM
My thinking is a deal gets done after December 15th when players signed this summer can be traded. That should open some things up and more teams will probably have an idea of who they might move or try to bring in.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/11/2017  10:32 PM
id do it for 2020 and 2022 unprotected picks, gamble Houston falls apart by then
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

9/12/2017  12:43 AM
NardDogNation wrote:I wonder if the Nets would be willing to take Ryan Andersen and a HOU future first rounder for DeMarre Carroll?

Carroll has 2 years at 15 million AAV left on his contract

Anderson has 3 years at 20 million AAV left on his contract.

Anderson is the better three point shooter. He however can only play Stretch 4, that's it. He can't even roll to center and be a Stretch 5. He can't create his own shot at all. He's a defensive zero.

Carroll, when he's "on", can play positionless basketball. He can play every position except the pivot. He's not a three ball gunner in the field of Anderson, but he's pretty good. He can play defense, though he's aging and declining.

Kenny Atkinson ( and someone should start a thread on why Atkinson is not the Knick head coach, he's a great coach, who has player respond well to him and is respected all around the league) has a relationship with Carroll and the guys best seasons came under Atkinson's watch and training and coaching. Carroll, a long shot, might be someone who can be re-traded in the last year of his deal. A guy who 3 and D on the wing, even in decline, could be useful to someone. Anderson is a dead contract.

Think the Nets will be WAY better than most people imagine this season.

No one wants Anderson.

While it's not about his skill set, also the WAGS ( Wife and Girlfriends) around the league apparently don't vibe with him. At all. His GF hung herself and plenty of people simply blame him for it. The WAG circuit usually does not influence trades, but occasionally, the revolt is too big to ignore. Anyone remember Kris Benson's stripper wife, Anna Benson? The other Mets wives wanted her out. Just out. She went to a team Xmas party in a slutty Xmas outfit and most of the wives worried she was going to sleep with their husbands. They apparently banded together and nagged all their husbands until they created a critical mass.

Sometimes you aren't worth the trouble. Jason Richardson banged Steve Nash's wife and cuckolded him. Dude had to go. He's lucky he walked out of Phoenix with his life.

Rockets need defense, to be honest, if it took Ryan Anderson and pick and Carroll would move, I could see Morey rather taking in Carroll instead. One year less, cheaper contract, a more versatile player who can hit the three ball.

No one wants Ryan Anderson.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/12/2017  8:46 AM
Melo could go to Houston today.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he could tell the Knicks he'll take a dollar for this year and opt out of his last year.

Do we not take that offer?

I know he doesn't want to leave that kind of money behind. But the truth is, he has generational wealth at this point, although maybe the divorce puts a dent in that.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/12/2017  11:51 AM
franco12 wrote:Melo could go to Houston today.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he could tell the Knicks he'll take a dollar for this year and opt out of his last year.

Do we not take that offer?

I know he doesn't want to leave that kind of money behind. But the truth is, he has generational wealth at this point, although maybe the divorce puts a dent in that.

He's not leaving any money behind.... but he expects the Knicks to bend over backwards. Tigard why he will play another year here and that's that.

He's a great teammate too... so watch how he holds the ball and breaks the offense. watch how Kristaps takes another step back. Watch how thjr curses him out at mid court for not passing the ball. Watch how the Knicks lose 25 Games when they should have easily win 45. Melo is such a nice guy

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MS
Member: #724
9/12/2017  11:52 AM
Melo looks pretty motivated. Seems like the entire league has been working out with him at his gym this summer. The East is very weak, let's see what he can do for the first half of season. IF he is playing well, someone will trade for him.
nixluva
USA
9/12/2017  12:06 PM
MS wrote:Melo looks pretty motivated. Seems like the entire league has been working out with him at his gym this summer. The East is very weak, let's see what he can do for the first half of season. IF he is playing well, someone will trade for him.

It has to be remembered that the last 2 seasons the Knicks started 22-22 and 14-10!!! It's not out of the question that this team could get off to a good start again. I expect Melo to want to be seen as a great teammate and positive impact so he can inspire teams to give more assets to try and add him. Of course Houston would interest him most but things can change.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/12/2017  12:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
MS wrote:Melo looks pretty motivated. Seems like the entire league has been working out with him at his gym this summer. The East is very weak, let's see what he can do for the first half of season. IF he is playing well, someone will trade for him.

It has to be remembered that the last 2 seasons the Knicks started 22-22 and 14-10!!! It's not out of the question that this team could get off to a good start again. I expect Melo to want to be seen as a great teammate and positive impact so he can inspire teams to give more assets to try and add him. Of course Houston would interest him most but things can change.

It is cool to play with your bodies but not after you pay 30 millions for this to happened.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/12/2017  12:38 PM
nixluva wrote:

I don't think winning a title is on melo's #1 list of things to do for the remainder of his NBA career.

we don't know what other teams would offer because he only has Houston on his list, and the more assets a team gives up, the less likely a deal make sense, because it would require given up all their good role players. you either have to see if he opts out next season, of the knicks buy him out mid way through next season.

ES
nixluva
USA
9/12/2017  12:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I don't think winning a title is on melo's #1 list of things to do for the remainder of his NBA career.

we don't know what other teams would offer because he only has Houston on his list, and the more assets a team gives up, the less likely a deal make sense, because it would require given up all their good role players. you either have to see if he opts out next season, of the knicks buy him out mid way through next season.

I do think Melo wants to WIN even if it's not his number 1 priority. He is trying to force his way to a good team so obviously winning is one of his criteria.

I don't expect a straight up deal for Melo. It's gonna have to be 3 teams IMO. My guess is a deal happens after December 15th.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/12/2017  1:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I do think Melo wants to WIN even if it's not his number 1 priority. He is trying to force his way to a good team so obviously winning is one of his criteria.

I don't expect a straight up deal for Melo. It's gonna have to be 3 teams IMO. My guess is a deal happens after December 15th.

why would a team be acceptable to andersons contract unless he's playing lights out, and if that's the case why would Houston not just keep him if they are sitting in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the west and are content with the direction.

If the knicks are above 500 and playing solid, it's less likely they force the issue

ES
Marvel's Next Team up: Melo, Harden and CP3

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy