10/1/2017  8:46 AM
I think everyone is excited to see Frank play
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/1/2017  11:32 AM
nixluva wrote:Nice article on how Nitty is developing a confidence and comfort level quicker than expected.

“We have NBA players on the team that he’s battled with, and he’s showed that he can play in this league,” Hornacek said following Saturday’s practice. “The one thing that is probably the ultimate sign that you’re good enough to play in this league is when you’re gaining the respect of your veteran players on your team. The guys are already talking about him and the plays that he’s making. When you have the respect of those older guys, you’re doing something right.”

Though Ntilikina was seen as a great fit for the triangle offense, Hornacek noted the rookie’s selfless style has allowed him to develop an instant rapport in the new, faster-paced system.

“Guys gravitate towards him,” Hornacek said. “They see how he is with the game, and how he’s not playing selfishly, and how he’s trying to play the right way.

“I think the surprising thing for me as a coach is how knowledgeable he is about the game, and how he reads things. Coming in, you saw some of his raw talent, you saw his length on tape, but when you’re here every day watching him play, seeing the plays that he makes, finding the mismatches and getting the ball to that guy quickly. He comes down the court and realizes this guy didn’t get a shot the last three or four times. He seems to call a play that fits right there. It’s something that he’s probably not even necessarily thinking about. It’s just natural. Not many guys have that. That’s what’s been impressive.”

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/1/2017  12:33 PM
he looked great in the scrimmage/open practice. Tuesday should be fun.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/1/2017  12:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:he looked great in the scrimmage/open practice. Tuesday should be fun.

Nitty is a STARTER IMO!!! He looked great as you said. Just smooth and quick thinking. I was REALLY impressed by his command of the team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/1/2017  12:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:he looked great in the scrimmage/open practice. Tuesday should be fun.

Nitty is a STARTER IMO!!! He looked great as you said. Just smooth and quick thinking. I was REALLY impressed by his command of the team.

I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see if he starts on Tuesday. Sessions seemed to be calling his own number a lot when I was watching.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  1:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see if he starts on Tuesday. Sessions seemed to be calling his own number a lot when I was watching.

IMO Nitty was the best floor general PERIOD. He looked completely comfortable. If he continues to gain confidence as expected then I see no reason for him not to be the opening day starter.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/1/2017  1:38 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

IMO Nitty was the best floor general PERIOD. He looked completely comfortable. If he continues to gain confidence as expected then I see no reason for him not to be the opening day starter.

im glad you have come around on nitty. Im not saying he will be the next kyrie but i see him as a real good two way player. Truthfully im glad we passed on DSJ Because IMO he is too one dimensional and a big injury risk. Frankie and dotson were the type of players we lacked
nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  6:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

im glad you have come around on nitty. Im not saying he will be the next kyrie but i see him as a real good two way player. Truthfully im glad we passed on DSJ Because IMO he is too one dimensional and a big injury risk. Frankie and dotson were the type of players we lacked

I actually always saw Nitty as this kind of player. I said I didn't see an explosive scoring type PG but rather more of a solid all around player. A no mistake type more like Billups or hopefully a new Walt Clyde if he really maxes out. A kid with elite D.

The surprise is he has looked more ready and able to get by his man just well enough to be effective.
Nitty isn't a blur like many other top PG Prospects but he seems like a High BBIQ player which can lead to Winning. I may have wanted a more splashy PG but I trusted Phil and Gaines judgment as they had much more insight and ability to project raw talent than me.

reub
Member: #6227

10/1/2017  7:43 PM
DSJr can be a great one way player.
Frank can be a great two way player.
nixluva
USA
10/1/2017  9:35 PM
reub wrote:DSJr can be a great one way player.

Yeah I'm sure that is what pushed Phil over to Nitty. His physical gifts and style of play fits a TEAM Game. Nitty looks to setup his teammates first! He puts in the effort on D! It's not the most sexy type of PG but he should be highly effective.

nixluva
USA
10/2/2017  10:54 PM
Admit it. This looks fake doesn't it . KP and Nitty are so LONG!!! LOL 😂

KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
10/3/2017  3:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  3:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I actually always saw Nitty as this kind of player. I said I didn't see an explosive scoring type PG but rather more of a solid all around player. A no mistake type more like Billups or hopefully a new Walt Clyde if he really maxes out. A kid with elite D.

The surprise is he has looked more ready and able to get by his man just well enough to be effective.
Nitty isn't a blur like many other top PG Prospects but he seems like a High BBIQ player which can lead to Winning. I may have wanted a more splashy PG but I trusted Phil and Gaines judgment as they had much more insight and ability to project raw talent than me.

I told everyone that Frank/Doncic/KP is going to be the new Clyde/Earl/Willis. We just have to go draft the Serbian Pearl aka Doncic and then our time to take over the east will be imminent. :D Seriously though, I hope the doubters were able to see in Frank what I have all along. I knew that a high IQ in someone with his length,size, athleticism, work ethic,passion for the game,and a good jump shot would result in a damn good player. It was like when we drafted KP, I knew that someone with his height, length athleticism, 38 inch vertical leap, jumper, shotblocking skills, etc would be a good player right away.Cant wait for the Nets game!

I bleed orange and blue for life.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/3/2017  5:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  5:31 AM
nixluva wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that is what pushed Phil over to Nitty. His physical gifts and style of play fits a TEAM Game. Nitty looks to setup his teammates first! He puts in the effort on D! It's not the most sexy type of PG but he should be highly effective.

I wanted to take DSJ but the fact he wouldn't supply his medical records is an issue. It makes you think ther is something on there to hide. I'm going to be pissed off if he doesn't play tonight he has to get on the fing court already

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/3/2017  8:01 AM
Could be he didnt' want to be "trianglized"? Dallas and Cube is a good environment compared to Phil raging. Missed exit interviews and Melo Shaming was all the rage then in April. Smith might regret this now Knicks are stable (For the moment!).
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  4:22 PM
Nalod wrote:Could be he didnt' want to be "trianglized"? Dallas and Cube is a good environment compared to Phil raging. Missed exit interviews and Melo Shaming was all the rage then in April. Smith might regret this now Knicks are stable (For the moment!).

Yeah that's a strong possibility. Funny thing is Nitty like KP WANTED NY! I really like that. Despite all the stuff going on they wanted NY. That says a lot about their strong mental makeup.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/3/2017  5:33 PM
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:Could be he didnt' want to be "trianglized"? Dallas and Cube is a good environment compared to Phil raging. Missed exit interviews and Melo Shaming was all the rage then in April. Smith might regret this now Knicks are stable (For the moment!).

Yeah that's a strong possibility. Funny thing is Nitty like KP WANTED NY! I really like that. Despite all the stuff going on they wanted NY. That says a lot about their strong mental makeup.

I don't too many rookies that would not want to play on broadway every night

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/3/2017  5:38 PM
well is he playing or what?
ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/3/2017  5:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:well is he playing or what?

Preseason. There is no active roster. No reason to make a decision before gametime.

nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  10:56 PM
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/4/2017  8:35 AM

Agreed! We may look back on this pick with admiration for Phil's judiciousness. Frank + Zinger FTW!

Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy