AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/28/2017  2:35 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

You wrote this on the second day day of practice. Yeah, its early.

It seems to me that some players are not highlight reel guys. Guys like Billups or Tony Parker aren't going to do And1 moves or crazy dunks but they are all about winning. Nitty seems like that is the possible type of player he could be.

It's gonna take time to see what this 19 yr old kid is going to develop into. It's beyond early. ☀️😎

Hitting KOQ trailing him on a behind the back pass after dribbling into the paint will def get some highlight reels

That was really a great read, It's very unfortunate for him he is not coming into a winning situation, like a spurs team that has a champion and establish All star pg like tony parker to learn from.

He would have been absolutely great for the knicks in the EWING era, backing up and learning from the likes of Mark Jackson, or Strickland, a defense 1st roster, that is already establish on the offensive end. The learning curve is so much easier when your winning.

ES
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

9/28/2017  2:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

It seems to me that some players are not highlight reel guys. Guys like Billups or Tony Parker aren't going to do And1 moves or crazy dunks but they are all about winning. Nitty seems like that is the possible type of player he could be.

It's gonna take time to see what this 19 yr old kid is going to develop into. It's beyond early. ☀️😎

Hitting KOQ trailing him on a behind the back pass after dribbling into the paint will def get some highlight reels

That was really a great read, It's very unfortunate for him he is not coming into a winning situation, like a spurs team that has a champion and establish All star pg like tony parker to learn from.

He would have been absolutely great for the knicks in the EWING era, backing up and learning from the likes of Mark Jackson, or Strickland, a defense 1st roster, that is already establish on the offensive end. The learning curve is so much easier when your winning.

Maybe.

But then he wouldn't even be on the Knicks if they were a better, winning team.

Funny how that works.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2017  2:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

It's also possible that this young group can win some games and grow together. It's not a case where we need to lament that this is a team building a new core. We should be happy and hopeful due to the collection of young talent we've got so far, with more likely to come. ☀️😎🏀

knicks1248
9/28/2017  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2017  3:52 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe.

Funny how that works.

wasn't the Celtics in the ECf and traded the #1 pick this yr.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/28/2017  4:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Man, who's #55, Congressman John Lewis?

Crazy when you consider jack is one of the bigger PGs in the league.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/28/2017  4:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe.

Funny how that works.

Yes, that's correct. The Knicks, like 28 other teams, didn't take advantage of the Nets like the Celtics did.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2017  4:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe.

Funny how that works.

Do you follow the sport?

But hey... lets work with your logic. Michael Jordan was drafted by a 27 win team. His first 3 years with the Bulls were all losing seasons of 38, 30 and 40 wins. Did he turn out OK? I think the "losing culture" aspect will be OK. Worked for Mike.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
9/28/2017  4:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Yeah it's really a dramatic contrast when you see Nitty arm raised. This kid could be a real weapon on Traps! He can stay back just enough on D and still get a hand in on shots.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
9/28/2017  9:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Damn. Thinking about it Billups may be the best comparison yet.

~You can't run from who you are.~
nixluva
USA
9/28/2017  9:32 PM
joec32033 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

People tend to overlook players like Billups who just GET THINGS DONE! They really get dazzled by the Hyper Athletic guards and the superhuman things they do. They can accept a fundamental guy like Tim Duncan much easier than a PG who's like that.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/28/2017  11:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2017  1:34 AM
joec32033 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I remember one of my friends...a big Celtics' fan, hated the Billups pick at #3 by the Celts, and disliked him as a player with that team...This, of course, was before he became the guy who helped Detroit win a title and captained the best team Melo ever played with.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/28/2017  11:46 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
9/29/2017  12:38 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe.

Funny how that works.

Do you follow the sport?

But hey... lets work with your logic. Michael Jordan was drafted by a 27 win team. His first 3 years with the Bulls were all losing seasons of 38, 30 and 40 wins. Did he turn out OK? I think the "losing culture" aspect will be OK. Worked for Mike.

If we win 40 games this season, i would say we are on the right path. Frank is not a JH PG, this entire roster is more suited to play half court, and that's not really the coaches preference.

A lot of times the success of a play hinges on the system he's playing in, and the talent he has around him

ES
nixluva
USA
9/29/2017  12:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe.

Funny how that works.

Do you follow the sport?

If we win 40 games this season, i would say we are on the right path. Frank is not a JH PG, this entire roster is more suited to play half court, and that's not really the coaches preference.

A lot of times the success of a play hinges on the system he's playing in, and the talent he has around him

This roster is built to play ANY style. They can run and play relatively fast but also be effective in the Half Court. Jeff has a LOT of Half Court schemes. So IMO this roster is actually a good one for how Jeff wants to play.

nixluva
USA
9/29/2017  1:33 AM
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/29/2017  1:57 AM
nixluva wrote:

It’s so funny why do certain media reporters say who will start and who will come off the bench SNY did the same thing to kp when he came to training camp his rookie year...I was like there is no way he’s not starting, what are they talking about .... same for frank, love jack and sessions but I think I’d be disappointed if they start over a more talented guy in Frankie .

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/29/2017  5:27 AM
Well Ramon Sessions compared him to a rookie Kyrie.
That's unreasonable comparison maybe, but he gave him immense praise.

The kid's talent is legit.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/29/2017  6:16 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It’s so funny why do certain media reporters say who will start and who will come off the bench SNY did the same thing to kp when he came to training camp his rookie year...I was like there is no way he’s not starting, what are they talking about .... same for frank, love jack and sessions but I think I’d be disappointed if they start over a more talented guy in Frankie .

I would start Frank or Baker, whats the point of running out Sessions or Jack we know what they are and they won't help the future of this team

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
9/29/2017  8:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2017  9:32 AM
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Yeah it's really a dramatic contrast when you see Nitty arm raised. This kid could be a real weapon on Traps! He can stay back just enough on D and still get a hand in on shots.

Jack is listed at 6'3"

Ntilikina is a full half a head taller than him! Now, I know Jack is going low and Frank is making himself bigger but still his legs are bent a bit too.

How tall is this kid?

Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy