Is Frank Ntilikina...
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

9/28/2017  10:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

OK Negative Nancy.

Really? Go to a Dallas Mavs forum and see who they are raving about

So as a Knicks fan you're going to Dallas Mavericks forums to seek out confirmation bias?

AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

9/28/2017  10:41 AM
Ntilikina will be a basketball God by the end of this season. He really has it all. Thanks, Phil!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2017  10:44 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I know it's early, but no one has been raving about this kid (in work outs) like they were with KP and willy. Usually when a kid is off the charts, you hear his teammates rave about him.. That really hasn't been the case.

OK Negative Nancy.

Really? Go to a Dallas Mavs forum and see who they are raving about

So as a Knicks fan you're going to Dallas Mavericks forums to seek out confirmation bias?

seeing how this guy's brain works is its own reward.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
9/28/2017  10:55 AM
Not sure if anyone has linked to this article yet, but here it is:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/frank-ntilikina-new-york-knicks/

The kid is grounded and has all the tools! He and KP could be NY's version of Duncan and Parker!! Finally some hope!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2017  11:22 AM
KP interview he speaks on Nitty.

fishmike
USA
9/28/2017  11:44 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Not sure if anyone has linked to this article yet, but here it is:

The kid is grounded and has all the tools! He and KP could be NY's version of Duncan and Parker!! Finally some hope!

my god that read is like a cool drink after almost dying in a desert. Enter my homerism... how can you NOT get behind a kid like this?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/28/2017  11:45 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Impressive pass...sure came out of nowhere..

A lot of those who doubt Nitty have slept on his court vision and IQ. He made a lot of slick passes in France that showed he understood the game at a high level. I can't wait to see him play.

Agreed I think if the nba teams knew frank’s game we would have seen him drafted before our pick. His court vision and his ability to make players around him better is right up there with L ball. Except frank did it vs and with pros .

I also really like that line up the clip showed of

Frankie
Thjr (guessing)
Beasley
KOQ
KP

Come on man same level as Ball? I admit after watching some of his full games I might of underestimated his court vision but Ball is in a different stratosphere all together.

Did people think KP was going to be better then oakafor, or Russell when he was drafted ? One thing that worries me about Ball is his defense, I don’t have the same worries with frank. Frank makes everyone around him better, very much like ball. Im telling you the knicks got a steal, very much like how we got a steal with KP. Franks been playing vs grown men for 3 years, frank might be one of the most ready impact players in the draft.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/28/2017  11:48 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Not sure if anyone has linked to this article yet, but here it is:

Great read. Thank you.

fitzfarm

9/28/2017  12:03 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Great read. Thank you.

That really was! Thanks for posting

Chandler
Member: #6197

9/28/2017  12:13 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Great read. Thank you.

ditto

nice to have more brains on the team, especially at pg

(5)(5)
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/28/2017  12:33 PM
If Frank turns out to be a “Star” in New York, it obviously will make all the difference as we are set up for Lottery. He seems like a nice kid and understands he needs to get strong. Clearly grounded. Do I worry? Sure I do.
I’m a Knick fan 5 decades ... I worry. Yet if this is Phil’s parting gift and he ends up being our Parker to Duncan
Then Ny will forgive Phil for his mistreatment of KP and signing Noah and the Melo Saga.
I mean he did pick KP/Wily and Frank. That’s a nucleus and let’s hope for improved defense and a season of growth
nixluva
USA
9/28/2017  12:39 PM
Paris907 wrote:If Frank turns out to be a “Star” in New York, it obviously will make all the difference as we are set up for Lottery. He seems like a nice kid and understands he needs to get strong. Clearly grounded. Do I worry? Sure I do.
I’m a Knick fan 5 decades ... I worry. Yet if this is Phil’s parting gift and he ends up being our Parker to Duncan
Then Ny will forgive Phil for his mistreatment of KP and signing Noah and the Melo Saga.
I mean he did pick KP/Wily and Frank. That’s a nucleus and let’s hope for improved defense and a season of growth

Agreed!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/28/2017  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2017  12:47 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Great read. Thank you.

Yup...it was a great read.

Another intelligent and grounded kid from overseas for us. You read about the families of KP, Willy, and Frank, and you understand why these 3 are intelligent team-oriented players who usually say the right thing.

Strange that some are still unwilling to accept that many foreign players coming here these days are ballers, and not just mechanical system players. They are intelligent enough to adapt to the system they are asked to play, but you can't pigeon-hole them in terms of style.

Ntilikina was the youngest player in the draft. You can see his body growing in terms of maturity, but he is still a kid...you can see it in his face right now.

But if folks took the time to look at the competition he played against in France, you will know that he was playing against grown men, and he was doing well against them. He was not in a system that was going to allow him to shoot or do whatever he wanted, but everything I've seen and heard about him makes me believe that he will blend into the NBA game quite well.

Many underestimated how soon KP would adapt to the NBA. Might be a bit slower for Frank, but a player who is willing to play to win and not be overly concerned with statistical success...not unlike Baker, I might add, should adapt well to what the Knicks want to do this year.

Just have to wait and see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fitzfarm

9/28/2017  1:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Great read. Thank you.

Yup...it was a great read.

Another intelligent and grounded kid from overseas for us. You read about the families of KP, Willy, and Frank, and you understand why these 3 are intelligent team-oriented players who usually say the right thing.

Strange that some are still unwilling to accept that many foreign players coming here these days are ballers, and not just mechanical system players. They are intelligent enough to adapt to the system they are asked to play, but you can't pigeon-hole them in terms of style.

Ntilikina was the youngest player in the draft. You can see his body growing in terms of maturity, but he is still a kid...you can see it in his face right now.

But if folks took the time to look at the competition he played against in France, you will know that he was playing against grown men, and he was doing well against them. He was not in a system that was going to allow him to shoot or do whatever he wanted, but everything I've seen and heard about him makes me believe that he will blend into the NBA game quite well.

Many underestimated how soon KP would adapt to the NBA. Might be a bit slower for Frank, but a player who is willing to play to win and not be overly concerned with statistical success...not unlike Baker, I might add, should adapt well to what the Knicks want to do this year.

Just have to wait and see.

100% agree, like kp I think his play will put everyone on the bandwagon

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/28/2017  1:10 PM

You wrote this on the second day day of practice. Yeah, its early.

fishmike
USA
9/28/2017  1:16 PM
Paris907 wrote:If Frank turns out to be a “Star” in New York, it obviously will make all the difference as we are set up for Lottery. He seems like a nice kid and understands he needs to get strong. Clearly grounded. Do I worry? Sure I do.
Oh I can think of 2 guys who will not be letting that go. Ever.
nixluva
USA
9/28/2017  1:18 PM
Nalod wrote:

It seems to me that some players are not highlight reel guys. Guys like Billups or Tony Parker aren't going to do And1 moves or crazy dunks but they are all about winning. Nitty seems like that is the possible type of player he could be.

It's gonna take time to see what this 19 yr old kid is going to develop into. It's beyond early. ☀️😎

fishmike
USA
9/28/2017  1:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:

It seems to me that some players are not highlight reel guys. Guys like Billups or Tony Parker aren't going to do And1 moves or crazy dunks but they are all about winning. Nitty seems like that is the possible type of player he could be.

It's gonna take time to see what this 19 yr old kid is going to develop into. It's beyond early. ☀️😎

Hitting KOQ trailing him on a behind the back pass after dribbling into the paint will def get some highlight reels
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
9/28/2017  1:28 PM
but dennis smith does cool dunks n stuff
nixluva
USA
9/28/2017  2:15 PM
Is Frank Ntilikina...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy